Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE (5573 Views)

Nse Ekpenyong Arraigned For Certificate ‘Forgery’ (Photo) / "The Other Room" Trends On Twitter. Nse Ikpe Etim Joins / Square Pigs In A Round Hole, Where Is COREN And NSE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by bilulu(m): 10:10pm On Nov 14, 2015
I want to ask my fellow engineers (COREN and NSE) recognized in the house; wat exactly is the function of these bodies? Is it just to collect their dues and organize conferences that will be attended by non engineers from different sectors?
How on earth can a barrister be heading engineering sectors (power, works and housing)? You may say let's give them the benefit of doubt but can we try this in health, justice and finance? We need to get things straight for things to move in the right direction.
A conference is being organized by NSE next week. The conference is suppose to be for engineers but you will see some ministries that will send other profession to that conference just because of the allowance attach not because they have any meaningful contributions. How will things work in this country if we don't put things in place?
The various profession should head their relevant field for the benefit of it and not for the personal gain.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 14, 2015
Guy the power to appoint ministers lies with the president, we engineers can do nothing about it

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by UYCO: 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
They are just there to discriminate against HND holders. They are useless to themselves and the society. ENGINEERING PROFESSION DIED IN NIGERIA BECAUSE, UNLIKE OTHER COURSES, ENGINEERING CANNOT BE STUDIED ON PAPER ALONE. You must do practical.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by wallex1983(m): 11:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
No Engineer's peg is round. Unfortunate we have a round hole.
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by mikolo80: 1:02am On Nov 15, 2015
UYCO:
They are just there to discrinate against HND holders. They are useless to themselves and the society. ENGINEERING PROFESION DIED IN NIGERIA BECAUSE, UNLIKE OTHER COURSES, ENGINEERING CANNOT BE STUDIED ON PAPERALONE ALONE. You must do practical.
goods and roads and bridges built daily
what's their excuse
all wan drive hummer without payingdues

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by Nobody: 2:55am On Nov 15, 2015
bilulu:
I want to ask my fellow engineers (COREN and NSE) recognized in the house; wat exactly is the function of these bodies? Is it just to collect their dues and organize conferences that will be attended by non engineers from different sectors?
How on earth can a barrister be heading engineering sectors (power, works and housing)? You may say let's give them the benefit of doubt but can we try this in health, justice and finance? We need to get things straight for things to move in the right direction.
A conference is being organized by NSE next week. The conference is suppose to be for engineers but you will see some ministries that will send other profession to that conference just because of the allowance attach not because they have any meaningful contributions. How will things work in this country if we don't put things in place?
The various profession should head their relevant field for the benefit of it and not for the personal gain.
The same way Engineers has the largest population in Audit firms in Nigeria
Please rest... There are Engineers everywhere.. Banks, Audit firms, etc
So please stop complaining
That's the world we live in, what really matter is having the certificate and stuff up there

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by Nobody: 5:35am On Nov 15, 2015
Mods Please frontpage
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by agabusta: 7:37am On Nov 15, 2015
bilulu:

Maybe you need to check the background of the Minister for Industry, Trade and Investments. That intelligent Igbo dude. Can't get the proper spelling of his name and don't want to write it badly.
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by bilulu(m): 7:56am On Nov 15, 2015
My point is we need to get things straight. It didn't just start happening now but I can tell you its one of the reason why Nigeria is not moving forward. Imagine an engineer heading accountant and economist in financial sectors or barrister heading engineering sectors. At the end you find out that they are just there to collect their pay and the guys that does the work are at the background. COREN and NSE should wake up from their deep sleep because this can not happen to professional bodies like ICAN and the rest
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by UYCO: 8:39am On Nov 15, 2015
SEE WHY ENGINEERS ARE SUFFERING. THEY CANT PRODUCE ANY THING THAT IS USEFUL TO THE NATION. EVEN THE OIL IN OUR LAND IS EXPLORED BY EQUIPMENT PRODUCE BY API. NIGERIAN PTI IS RELEGATED DUE TO HND BSC DICHOTOMY. SORRY, ENGINEERS CANNOT SURVIVE WITH THEORY ALONE. https://www.nairaland.com/2488157/buhari-willing-end-bsc-hnd#36421658
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by UYCO: 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
CAN UNIVERSITY ENGINEERS TELL US WHY THEY CANNOT FABRICATE MINI REFINERIES THAT CAN REFINE CRUDE OIL LOCALLY? I PITY NIGERIA.
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by UYCO: 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
COREN LAW MUST BE ABROGATED. IT WAS ENACTED OUT OF MALICE, HATRED AND FEAR THAT HND HOLDERS WILL DOMINATE THE WORK FORCE IN THE PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTOR. IT WAS NOT ENACTED BASED ON GENUE CONCERN FOR THE EFFICIENCY OF ENGINEERING PROFESIONALS. IT IS VERY OBVIOUS BECAUSE RATHER THAN USING INVENTION OR PROJECT DESIGNED AND IMPLEMENTED AS A CRITERIA FOR BEING REGISTERED AS ENGINEERS, THEY USE A PAPER QUALIFICATION THAT IS BASED ON THEORY. IT IS A SHAME THAT NIGERIA IS IMPORTING ALMOST EVERY THING. ANY SYSTEM THAT IS NOT WORKING SHOULD BE CHANGED. WE HAVE TESTED THIS THEORY BASED ENGINEERING EDUCATION FOR 3 DECADE NOW BUT IT IS NOT WORKING. LETS TRY PRACTICAL EDUCATION AND APPLIED ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY. NIGERIA SHOULD CONVERT ALL POLYTECHNIC TO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITIES. THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO GO. AMERICANS ARE CRYING TODAY THAT EVERY THING DESIGNED IN AMERICA IS PRODUCED IN CHINA. CHINA ALLOW AMERICA TO DESIGN AND THEY PICK UP THE ITEM AND PRODUCE IT AND SELL TO THE WORLD. THAT IS WHAT WE NEED. THERE ARE SO MANY DESIGN OUT THERE THAT WE CAN DUPLICATE. THE BRITISH AND AMERICANS DECEIVED US WITH THE CONCEPT OF DEGREES SO THAT WE CAN BE UNDER THEM PERPETUALLY. NIGERIA OF TODAY WANT TO DO WHAT AMERICA IS DOING PRESENTLY BUT THEY FORGOT THAT AMERICA LEFT WHERE WE ARE TODAY OVER 200 YEARS AGO. THIS MEANS WE ARE SUPPOSED TO ADVANCE FIRST IN TECHNOLOGY BEFORE COPYING THE AMERICA.
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by saint047(m): 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2015
Ok
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by UYCO: 11:36pm On Nov 16, 2015
Produce marketable product locally and be registered as an engineer plus HND/BSC. this will create challenge among holders of the two certificate
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by shakaZuIlu: 11:42pm On Nov 16, 2015
kropotkin2:
Guy the power to appoint ministers lies with the president, we engineers can do nothing about it

Which field ? grin

i rep Mech. Engr. cheesy

but yet to register on COREN smiley
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by shakaZuIlu: 11:58pm On Nov 16, 2015
UYCO:
They are just there to discriminate against HND holders. They are useless to themselves and the society. ENGINEERING PROFESSION DIED IN NIGERIA BECAUSE, UNLIKE OTHER COURSES, ENGINEERING CANNOT BE STUDIED ON PAPER ALONE. You must do practical.

You're right bro.

i pity those guys that are deceiving themselves studying engineering directly on University (bSc) the best process to be professional in your field both theoretically and practically is to pass through diploma because it enables you to get used to practicals then you can go ahead and gather more theories and even practical from HND and your PGD which gives you bSc.

see the steps i followed and it helped me very much

A. did my ND at a practically inclined monotechnique for engineering only (mastered mechanical engineering equipments like lathe, power drilling, shaping machines, grinding machines, mastered the art of fluid mechanism and pneumatics, etc all practically and visible)

B. then I did my HND to acquire more theories and practicals but nothing beats ND practicals because HND is more of theories.

C. then I finally did my PGD (because I hate that name "technologist" you know naa grin)

now I can boast fully that am equipped both practically and theoretically as a production Mech engr I can operate any machine related to my field be it fluid or pneumatics or lathe infact all mechanical workshop equipments because i was drilled with practical in my ND.
that's what an average engineering guy needs in Nigerian system of engineering because Universities don't do practical much it's all about talking theories.

do you know that one Mech engr guy i knew doesn't know how to read a common vernier caliper but he's a bSc holder in Mech engr. grin
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by UYCO: 10:40am On Nov 17, 2015
Hmmm, Venier caliper, internal and external micrometer that I used for three years in the technical college. It is not suprising to me because I have seen a BSC holder in Petroleum Engineering who dont know how a flow station looks like. I have also seen a BSC holder in English who dont know how to write letter. If a mechanical engineer does not know how to use caliper, of what use is that engineer to the society? Such engineer is rated above me who spent three years in the technical college producing machine Parts with lathe and milling machine and also spent 5 years in the polytechnic.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by bilulu(m): 11:06am On Nov 17, 2015
UYCO:
Hmmm, Venier caliper, internal and external micrometer that I used for three years in the technical college. It is not suprising to me because I have seen a BSC holder in Petroleum Engineering who dont know how a flow station looks like. I have also seen a BSC holder in English who dont know how to write letter. If a mechanical engineer does not know how to use caliper, of what use is that engineer to the society? Such engineer is rated above me who spent three years in the technical college producing machine Parts with lathe and milling machine and also spent 5 years in the polytechnic.
we value paper(certificate) more than the knowledge. COREN should demand for their right and stop focusing on bsc n HND discrimination
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by Saturn213: 11:08am On Nov 17, 2015
shakaZuIlu:

Which field ? grin

i rep Mech. Engr. cheesy

but yet to register on COREN
smiley

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by ckmayoca: 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
Since a Colonel can head Nigeria customs, nothing wey people go talk wey go change anything in dis country.
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 18, 2015
shakaZuIlu:

Which field ? grin

i rep Mech. Engr. cheesy

but yet to register on COREN smiley

Chemical. COREN registration requires some sort of cognate work experience at a minimum. Check their website for more details. NSE certification would stand for you as a good prerequisite
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by bilulu(m): 7:24am On Nov 18, 2015
kropotkin2:

Chemical. COREN registration requires some sort of cognate work experience at a minimum. Check their website for more details. NSE certification would stand for you as a good prerequisite
my brother COREN as a body is dead compare to ICAN n d rest. Dey re jux there for their pockets n dats all. As an ICAN member wat level will u b employed and check out dat of COREN
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by Yujin(m): 8:01am On Nov 18, 2015
Lol. No youths here. They will rather fill the romance, politics or joke section. Chai. Engineering is dead in Nigeria. Can someone tell me how a considerable improvement can come to a system when her Engineering/Technological base is dead and rotten? Ordinary steel profiles we import. Machine parts we import. Neighbourhood grinding machines we cannot fabricate yet we have universities of technology and all the nonesense technical colleges. Chaaiiii.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by Sanuzi(m): 8:13am On Nov 18, 2015
PLS ENLIGHTEN US OOOOOOOO
bilulu:
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by UYCO: 6:28am On Nov 29, 2015
SCRAP COREN NOW. IT HAS OUTLIVE ITS USEFULNESS. WE CANT CONTINUE WITH A BODY THAT HAS NO VISION. NO IMPUTE TO THE TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT OF OUR COUNTRY.
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 29, 2015
UYCO:
SCRAP COREN NOW. IT HAS OUTLIVE ITS USEFULNESS. WE CANT CONTINUE WITH A BODY THAT HAS NO VISION. NO IMPUTE TO THE TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT OF OUR COUNTRY.
Unfortunately, coren is going nowhere, every country in the world as required by law must have an an organization regulating the engineering profession else there would be lots of quacks. You can only offer them solutions on how to better their services.
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by bilulu(m): 8:30am On Dec 01, 2015
saxywale:

Unfortunately, coren is going nowhere, every country in the world as required by law must have an an organization regulating the engineering profession else there would be lots of quacks. You can only offer them solutions on how to better their services.
but they re not living up to expectation. To me dey ve failed
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by Kachieddy: 4:11pm On Jan 17, 2021
What is the benefit of a chemical engineer that have coren certificate. What will hebdo with it unlike the civil engineers that will make use of there seal and stamp
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by dododawa1: 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2021
shakaZuIlu:

You're right bro.

i pity those guys that are deceiving themselves studying engineering directly on University (bSc) the best process to be professional in your field both theoretically and practically is to pass through diploma because it enables you to get used to practicals then you can go ahead and gather more theories and even practical from HND and your PGD which gives you bSc.

see the steps i followed and it helped me very much

A. did my ND at a practically inclined monotechnique for engineering only (mastered mechanical engineering equipments like lathe, power drilling, shaping machines, grinding machines, mastered the art of fluid mechanism and pneumatics, etc all practically and visible)

B. then I did my HND to acquire more theories and practicals but nothing beats ND practicals because HND is more of theories.

C. then I finally did my PGD (because I hate that name "technologist" you know naa grin)

now I can boast fully that am equipped both practically and theoretically as a production Mech engr I can operate any machine related to my field be it fluid or pneumatics or lathe infact all mechanical workshop equipments because i was drilled with practical in my ND.
that's what an average engineering guy needs in Nigerian system of engineering because Universities don't do practical much it's all about talking theories.

do you know that one Mech engr guy i knew doesn't know how to read a common vernier caliper but he's a bSc holder in Mech engr. grin
please your PGD in total is like how much, thanks.
Re: What Is The Use Of COREN And NSE by dododawa1: 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2021
all construction works in Nigeria is done by FOREIGN,where is coren and NSE only language their know is DUE.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Declares Total War On Buhari, Promise To Attack Aso Rock / Tinubu Must Not Fall!! / Is It A Must To Live In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.