Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,820 members, 7,834,748 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch (33734 Views)

A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard / Governors Show Less Concern As Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder / Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:02am On Nov 15, 2015
lastpage:

Most Nigerians, especially our YOUTHS....... have truly "lost it"!
In some countries, YOUTHS are at the Vanguard of turning their country around but our own Nigerian Youths, like this firefire, Barcanista, temitemi, ServereSnake, e.t.c...... wallow in Stewpidity and ignorance, with a beclouded sense (or lack of it) of Judgement!

Lets look at it for a minute: There is Petrol scarcity yet, those selling at the "Black Market" have the fuel to sell!
Simple reasoning and logic will imply that "There is actually no Petrol scarcity (otherwise, where would the Black Marketers get it to sell?)..
...But what we have is SIMPLE HOARDING of petrol by the Marketers!

In Nigeria, we must agree that we are saddled by EVIL, UNPATRIOTIC MEN and WOMEN who would not bath an eyelid, to ruin their country, for personal gain.
From those who "fake" everything from infant formula or vehicle parts, to those who strip our bridges of its protective, safety railings, to those who steal overhead Power Cables. The list is endless.

So, it is not surprising that some Marketers and retail outlets, for personal gains, have decided to hold Nigeria and Nigerians to ransom.
Fuel that is supposed to be sold at the pump, is hoarded, to create an artificial scarcity, increase demand due to panic-buying and thus create the perfect avenue for extortionist pricing.
The hoarded fuel is then given to "thugs and urchins", by the same marketers and retailers, to be sold on the streets as "Black market" fuel, at times diluted with other solvents, to increase their profit!

Most of these Retailers flagrantly increase the pump price of petrol and "tamper with their dispensing machine so that it under-dispense, below what is paid for, by the buyer

Thus, we live in an environment that is morbidly corrupt and if care is not taken, the corruption will eventually kill Nigerians.
A few people get burnt from trying to store Petrol at home, due to this sort of hoarding-related scarcity.
Some get burnt at the fuel station, when carnage ensues.
We destroy our environment when people who cant get fuel, resort to other means like the use of firewood, to get by

When we combine the effect of poor electricity supply, high temperatures, lack of fuel to power Generators and the recent lack of pipe-borne water, it is easy to observe that we are not only creating an environment for disaster and disease but for a complete breakdown of our society.

You might think it does not affect you probably because you can afford the "black market" or you have a few jerry cans of fuel stored-away but *what if your neighbours house catches fire and spreads to your own?
*What if the Bus/Taxi you entered stores fuel in the boot and catches fire?
*What if another vehicle with fuel stored in it rams your own vehicle and both catches fire?
*What if it is your loved ones that meet their untimely death as a result of the above scenario?

This is why l am surprised that some of our YOUTHS who prefer to play "ignorant tribalism", at the expense of their future, when they should be demanding that the Hoarders of fuel get arrested and prosecuted while they themselves constitute themselves into the vanguard of restoring "normalcy" to their otherwise traumatised life.

Running abroad is gradually becoming uneasy as those people are increasingly becoming very hostile to immigrants, especially the "black ones".
Even the "blacks" born there and citizens by birth, still face a lot of discrimination, harassment and intimidation.... moreso with the backdrop of influx and terrorist activities, some of which are linked to immigrants, in recent past.

This challenge does not belong to Buhari alone (He is just a figure-head, representative of the aspirations of most Nigerians) but the bulk of the work, rests on the shoulder of the citizens.

Nigeria, Biafra or whatever area of the country you affiliate with, will become too dangerous to live-in, if you guys continue on this your "part of perfidy and pattern of destruction".
I will predict that in less than 10yrs from now, the "WEST" will categorically prevent most Nigerians and peopel of Islamic extract, from accessing their country........ and rightly so!
Thus, we should think of what we want our country to look like, play our part in ensuring that it looks like that...just like westerners have been ensuring their country is the envy of foreigners

To do otherwise is to "go to sleep with one's roof on fire"

Like an adage says "Heaven would fall, is not one man's Headache".
As we lay our bed, so we will lie on it.

Let those who have ears, let them hear!

Lastpage!
thought there s a new SHERIFF in town?
Abi d sheriff na just whistle him dey carry waka?
Its a shame when people equate buhari as a demigod, blame nigerians for not being proactive to situations that supposed to be tackledby the new sheriff.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:05am On Nov 15, 2015
lastpage:

Shut your gutter mouth, Sewer Rat!
Child of HATE, ANGER and BITTERNESS

Tell me if it is Buhari that is hoarding the fuel or if he is the one selling it at #400/Liter?
Probably its on eof your "fathers" as you said!

[color=#000099]You Nnyamirins Ibos are the worst thin God ever created (Not even sure if He was the one that created such things as you these filthy bastards! Most probably you are some yet to evolve middle-level animals).

Dont ever compare yourselves to Yorubas.
You'all can go rot in your erosion-ridden waste land of BAIFRAUD[/color]

FYI: [/b]Buhari will rule this country till 2023 and God-willing, he will put you animals to shame as the country will eventually turn around.

[b]Despicable, flatheaded Nnyamirin animals.

Lastpage!
u need to take a glass of chill pure water, d way u r reacting eh, hmm egbe go gas oooo

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Emperortj93(m): 11:06am On Nov 15, 2015
Daraph:

That's the only work they inherited from their fore-fathers
propaganda runs in their DNA
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by funkybully(f): 11:15am On Nov 15, 2015
Buhari is bastard for subjecting the masses to this hardship. Just bought 5 litres for 1k in Benin. I drove round all the mega filling station, none has fuel.

This is pure wickedness by buhari and his propaganda govt.

One can't sleep well at nite due to heat and epileptic power.

I spit on apc lie govt

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Daraph(m): 11:16am On Nov 15, 2015
Emperortj93:
propaganda runs in their DNA
grin grin grin I no say that one ooo
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by umblicachucks(m): 11:25am On Nov 15, 2015
handie:
People can lie sha! Even when it wasn't festive periods, there were fuel scarcity in Nigeria. Abeg stop deceiving yourself

Why are talking as if you are returning from FRANCE. Everything you saw there are all true. At least I bought #300 yesterday in calabar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 15, 2015
it is on record dat all tru the 5yrs reign of GEJ there was never any time we had fuel scarcity. its a fact. the only scarcity was during election which wasquite clear as business got paralysed all thanks to the lies n propaganda APC brought into d election

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by luv2talk(m): 11:37am On Nov 15, 2015
basilo101:
Buhari is fast losing goodwill here in the North
Do you mean ABA NORTH? undecided undecided
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by erico2k2(m): 11:37am On Nov 15, 2015
orobs93:
Dis news has pdp written all ova it
It reminded me o the er of gej and alison
wen did U queue for fuel during the last govt?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by linuses: 11:41am On Nov 15, 2015
I have said it earlier but people will never listen. BUHARI IS THE WORST THING THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN TO THIS COUNTRY. someone that campaign for 12years yet have no idea of governance. I sorry for Nigeria. I pray Nigeria will not end with BUHARI THE WORLD WORST PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Firefire(m): 11:43am On Nov 15, 2015
lastpage:

[s]Most Nigerians, especially our YOUTHS....... have truly "lost it"!
In some countries, YOUTHS are at the Vanguard of turning their country around but our own Nigerian Youths, like this firefire, Barcanista, temitemi, ServereSnake, e.t.c...... wallow in Stewpidity and ignorance, with a beclouded sense (or lack of it) of Judgement!

Lets look at it for a minute: There is Petrol scarcity yet, those selling at the "Black Market" have the fuel to sell!
Simple reasoning and logic will imply that "There is actually no Petrol scarcity (otherwise, where would the Black Marketers get it to sell?)..

In Nigeria, we must agree that we are saddled by EVIL, UNPATRIOTIC MEN and WOMEN who would not bath an eyelid, to ruin their country, for personal gain.
From those who "fake" everything from infant formula or vehicle parts, to those who strip our bridges of its protective, safety railings, to those who steal overhead Power Cables. The list is endless.

So, it is not surprising that some Marketers and retail outlets, for personal gains, have decided to hold Nigeria and Nigerians to ransom.
Fuel that is supposed to be sold at the pump, is hoarded, to create an artificial scarcity, increase demand due to panic-buying and thus create the perfect avenue for extortionist pricing.
The hoarded fuel is then given to "thugs and urchins", by the same marketers and retailers, to be sold on the streets as "Black market" fuel, at times diluted with other solvents, to increase their profit!

Most of these Retailers flagrantly increase the pump price of petrol and "tamper with their dispensing machine so that it under-dispense, below what is paid for, by the buyer

Thus, we live in an environment that is morbidly corrupt and if care is not taken, the corruption will eventually kill Nigerians.
A few people get burnt from trying to store Petrol at home, due to this sort of hoarding-related scarcity.
We destroy our environment when people who cant get fuel, resort to other means like the use of firewood, to get by

When we combine the effect of poor electricity supply, high temperatures, lack of fuel to power Generators and the recent lack of pipe-borne water, it is easy to observe that we are not only creating an environment for disaster and disease but for a complete breakdown of our society.

You might think it does not affect you probably because you can afford the "black market" or you have a few jerry cans of fuel stored-away but *what if your neighbours house catches fire and spreads to your own?
*What if another vehicle with fuel stored in it rams your own vehicle and both catches fire?
*What if it is your loved ones that meet their untimely death as a result of the above scenario?

This is why l am surprised that some of our YOUTHS who prefer to play "ignorant tribalism", at the expense of their future, when they should be demanding that the Hoarders of fuel get arrested and prosecuted while they themselves constitute themselves into the vanguard of restoring "normalcy" to their otherwise traumatised life.

Running abroad is gradually becoming uneasy as those people are increasingly becoming very hostile to immigrants, especially the "black ones".
Even the "blacks" born there and citizens by birth, still face a lot of discrimination, harassment and intimidation.... moreso with the backdrop of influx and terrorist activities, some of which are linked to immigrants, in recent past.

This challenge does not belong to Buhari alone (He is just a figure-head, representative of the aspirations of most Nigerians) but the bulk of the work, rests on the shoulder of the citizens.

Nigeria, Biafra or whatever area of the country you affiliate with, will become too dangerous to live-in, if you guys continue on this your "part of perfidy and pattern of destruction".
I will predict that in less than 10yrs from now, the "WEST" will categorically prevent most Nigerians and peopel of Islamic extract, from accessing their country........ and rightly so!
Thus, we should think of what we want our country to look like, play our part in ensuring that it looks like that...just like westerners have been ensuring their country is the envy of foreigners

[/s]
Lastpage!

Pele ti eee cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 15, 2015
Remove fuel subsidy...inna no gree. Allison n Okonjo begged Nigerians to trust the government ACN , CPC incited the masses against Jonathan.

Until the subsidy is removed, no end to the fuel crisis. I hope Buhari and his gang will eat the humble pie n admit they did wrong in 2012 and beg Nigerians to remove this curse called subsidy

Nigeria can be great again, only if we stop this politics of hatred and unite irrespective of political affiliation to bring an end to this economic sabotuers.

Truth_bastille

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:49am On Nov 15, 2015
omenka:
You know how many times you've tried to get my attention on this forum, I've ALWAYS ignored you. But I chose to give you this reply today and it would be the last you ever get from me.

Quite frankly, of all the people on this forum, you are the one I feel sorry for the most. I get this feeling there's never been a moment in your entire life when you were happy.

I see a poorly raised ghetto scum forced by circumstance to scrape living off the streets and scrap yards. You had parents that never gave a fvck about you and made you grow up with the belief everyone hates you.

You wound up a bitter, aggressive and perpetually unhappy deadbeat. You have no idea what the future holds for you, uncertainty abides with you every moment of the day and you just can't deal with the misery.

So to let off steam, you come to an anonymous and faceless site to thrash and curse at everything like a piranha out of its natural habitat. In here, you find scums like you who could tolerate your idiocy, but out in the real world, you recede into your lonely dingy cocoon like the irritable complex ridden bum you are.

I believe you are still underage, perhaps 24 or less. Trust me, your mind is still malleable. Devote more time to reading some helpful books and the bible (if you are a christian). Try to find a nice homely broad (as impossible as that might be for a guy like you) that would show you some beautiful side of life, give you an idea what it feels like to be liked/loved in real life. Then try to make peace with yourself. Life isn't as fvcked up as you think, it is just you who's fvcked up.

Think about it son.
How does dis epistle change d fact that Fuel is now scarce?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by henryutd(m): 11:59am On Nov 15, 2015
Honestly I am Not happy. I bought at #140 this morning. Felt cheated and disappointed.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by orobs93(m): 11:59am On Nov 15, 2015
erico2k2:

wen did U queue for fuel during the last govt?

Chineke
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Pavarottii(m): 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
imas:
All those shouting change and APC should realise these roads were supposed to have been taken care of by the last administration, it will be done you guys are too quick to condemn. I also believe the tanker drivers can adopt a better way to press home their point than with this unnecessary strike just to thwart PMB's efforts.
Okay! The last administration should do all the roads abi so that u won't do any road abi? U av forgotten government is continuous. Well no government in the shortest period of 4years of GEJ did as much as he did... well we will see how many he will do in next 3years cos about a year is gone!

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Amack(m): 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
frenchpharaoh1:
Apc or PDP, Buhari or jonathan. 400 naira or 40 naira, lie or truth.
I need biafra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
. Yes bros Biafra is the only change I want. My heart is filled with joy because I can see biafra coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by spartan50(m): 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
imas:
All those shouting change and APC should realise these roads were supposed to have been taken care of by the last administration, it will be done you guys are too quick to condemn. I also believe the tanker drivers can adopt a better way to press home their point than with this unnecessary strike just to thwart PMB's efforts.
shut up your mouth... Thats not an excuse my friend. Your government delayed a lot of things and it affecting a lot of things. Buhari should be more proactive and be quick to criticize him cos he is making a lot of mistakes which is affecting the common man in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Timijo(m): 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
This list is incomplete without mentioning Kaduna where we struggle and spend hours in filling stations to buy fuel @ the rate of 120 naira per liter. Black marketers sell it @ the rate of 700 naira per gallon. In fact, I'm still contemplating whether to go out with my car tomorrow or not.
Anyone that says things are moving well in this present administration is a liar. If you are a civil servant, contractor, business man/woman, you will agree with me that people are suffering.
I pray the Almighty God to intervene in our situation in this country.

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by joel4422: 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
Win!!! Win!!! Win!!! We bless God for a successful winning on
our weekend game. It's been great all the way, here
is our won ticket for the weekend fixed match.
I congratulate all my new and old subscribers winning for
the first time, now you can testify that fixed matches exist.
Straight up to our next fixed game which comes up on
wednesday. I encourage you all join our winning this
midweek and our games will be available with odds ranging
from 130 odds and 935 odds.
Interested subscribers should inbox me on facebook now or
add me up on whatsapp on:08032557731or call me now on
08032557731Your winning is always our priority. Stay
bless!!!

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by ocelot2006(m): 1:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
Mynd44:

Considering I bought it for 87 yesterday but that's the media and they have to sell.

The main issue is that there is a form of scarcity(artificial or real) of petrol and this administration have got to deal with it. The fact that it has gone on for a long time and nothing has been done is disappointing and frustrating.

It is not a time to blame anyone but to find a lasting solution to this madness. The government has spoken about cutting the middlemen and unfortunately, we have not felt that impact. This present stress on Nigerians is on the president and we can only put the blame at his feet.

As we go into a new week, we can only hope someone will wake up and find a solution to it

You bought fuel 87 where?! Down here in Akwa Ibom,there are long queues in EVERY STATION owned not by major markers, but INDEPENDENT MARKETERS. Thats to show how terrible this current scarcity. This is 97-98 terrible. But please do tell us where u bought your fuel.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by ocelot2006(m): 1:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
lastpage:

Most Nigerians, especially our YOUTHS....... have truly "lost it"!

Lastpage!

Whats happening now has gone far beyond hoarding. There are LONG QUEUES at outlets owned by INDEPENDENT MARKETERS, major marketers' stations at TOTALLY DRY, and black marketers get their fuel from the DEAD STOCK pumped from underground tanks from stations. It is that BAD.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by donem: 2:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
prof1990:
please if anyone bought fuel or knows anyone that bought fuel for 400 please tell us where. Punch has always been a political newspaper. Have learnt never to trust most Nigerian newspapers and TVs stations.

And as for all the wailers above me, UNA NO DEY TIRE
I bought 8 litres for 2800 naira yesterday, location Calabar.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Jmacke(m): 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
The rate at which we fabricate stories these day is alarming. Is this the constructive way the opposition will engage the ruling party to provide dividends of democracy to Nigerians?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Firefire(m): 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
Timijo:
This list is incomplete without mentioning Kaduna where we struggle and spend hours in filling stations to buy fuel @ the rate of 120 naira per liter. Black marketers sell it @ the rate of 700 naira per gallon. In fact, I'm still contemplating whether to go out with my car tomorrow or not.
Anyone that says things are moving well in this present administration is a liar. If you are a civil servant, contractor, business man/woman, you will agree with me that people are suffering.
I pray the Almighty God to intervene in our situation in this country.

donem:

I bought 8 litres for 2800 naira yesterday, location Calabar.

What

Cc: lastpage

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by lastpage: 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
kaboninc:
[s][/s]

Abeg hold your peace.

Its obvious dem don swear for you, from your cursed village! grin grin

All you do is quote somebody's text and then put a line across it!

I know you are devoid of any form of intellect but at least, "try and preten" you belong, like your silly brothers grin grin grin

Anuofia!

Lastpage!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by donem: 2:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
Firefire:

What

boss naso o... wasn't sufficient to power my Gen all through the night, all is not well in this nation ATM, happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by lastpage: 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
Firefire:

What

Apologies! grin grin grin kiss

Lastpage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Firefire(m): 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
lastpage:

Apologies! grin grin grin kiss

Lastpage!

Is okay.

Let the Minister of Petroleum resources (Mohammodu Buhary) say something now ? angry

The hardship is getting out of hand, honestly.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by lastpage: 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
ocelot2006:
shocked

Whats happening now has gone far beyond hoarding. There are LONG QUEUES at outlets owned by INDEPENDENT MARKETERS, major marketers' stations at TOTALLY DRY, and black marketers get their fuel from the DEAD STOCK pumped from underground tanks from station[/b]s. It is that BAD.

[b]You mean the Black Marketers are still getting this "dead stock" from ALL FILING STATIONS...... for the past two weeks? shocked shocked shocked

Honestly, l know a few of owners of Filling Station and l can tell you authoritatively that they are hoarding it and giving it out to these Area Boys and Street urchins in the dead of the Night.

I have been seeing it with my two, korokoro eyes. Not just now but over the years.

Nigeria and Nigerians at times make me think we are not yet ripe for DEMOCRACY or a decent Civilianised President!

What we need is a patriotic and selfless Military dictator...... to straighten things out (like Jerry Rawlings did in Ghana) and later hand over to a democratic Govt after proper "cleansing" of the society.

Lastpage!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by ohzee(f): 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
warrior01:

If it is a lie, then tell us under Gej, which December was spent with fuel scarcity?

Don't mind Nigerians and their short memory. in addition prices of rice and foodstuff were always stable. Roads were massively rehabilitated by FERMA, albeit temporary relief measures.
I pray this new govt tackles these problems head on. Nigerians are in for a long period of suffering. And it will all be blamed on the last govt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Hacked To Death In Ondo For "Being PDP Member" (Graphic Picture) / Kaduna Strike: Come And Arrest Me, Wabba Tells El-Rufai / Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.