Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God (21772 Views)

Igbo Man Describes Jesus As Greek Idol, Warns Igbos To Stop Worshipping Him / Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday / Actor Robert Powell: Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by gentlegenius(m): 8:06am On Nov 15, 2015
Fellow Christians on Nairaland,
If you ask people why they always go to Church, the possible answer will be 'to worship God'. But actually, what does it mean and what does it take to 'worship' God? Is it by being in church to sing and shout during 'worship session'? Anyway, to 'worship God' means to have deep love and reverence(respect & honour) for God. The key words here are love & honour. To love God involves two things: 1. Keeping his commands(John 14:15, 21). 2. Loving our fellow brethrens(1 John 4:20 - 21). Again, Trying to Honour God is futile - He doesn't receive honour from us(John 5:41). We should rather give our honour to men(1Pet 1:7). So do people actually show love and honour to God by singing and shouting in church? Obviously, No. Many church goers sing to God with their lips while their hearts are far away from him. God himself is looking for true worshipers, not church goers(John 4:21-24).
I'm not trying to condemn going to church but The truth is: GOING TO CHURCH IS A LIFELINE WHILE WORSHIPPING GOD IS A LIFESTYLE!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by StOla: 9:23am On Nov 15, 2015
Today, I will switch ON my TV as I always do, and watch cartoons and movies to try create an air of peace and happiness.

So much strife, misery and violence in a religious world, that I ponder what sanity an irreligious society could have offered.

All around me, an adulterous man has just polished his shoes and headed to church. A fraudulent employee has just filled his wallet with cash for offertory - funds embezzled from overstated receipts from the past week.
The choir master has put on his best perfume in the hopes that Mary will return home with him this Sunday afternoon. The pastor has just perfected another strategy of improving the amount of revenue realised from his Sunday business, costs will certainly be borne by the Williams who just had a test tube baby the church has craftily termed a miracle.

We will all wake up on Monday and return to our busy weekly activities, except that only I would have truly rested.

85 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 15, 2015
Be patient till afta d sermon,i wil ansa u.i av to listen now b4 d usher sieze my fone
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 15, 2015
Worshipping GOD is a way of life. Its a way of living. We are Created, moulded & designed by GOD to Worship and Serve Him..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by biz2get(m): 9:24am On Nov 15, 2015
ok
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Daraph(m): 9:24am On Nov 15, 2015
Adon hear.... STC
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by goldentj: 9:24am On Nov 15, 2015
True talk
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Titto93(m): 9:24am On Nov 15, 2015
10 Reasons why many go to Church

1. To showcase swag

2. To find better pikin

3. To fulfill all righteousness.

4. To appear good.

5. For going sake.

6. To fulfill another's wish.

7. To quell loneliness.

8. To observe people.

9. To listen to people's donations and testimonies.

10. To worship God.

13 Likes

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by LORDDICE(m): 9:24am On Nov 15, 2015
well, I think with dis write up, hypocrites will have to give it a second thought...

God bless us. have a wonderful service
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by kingstylo01(m): 9:24am On Nov 15, 2015
True talk...

Some folks are so concerned about the dress they put on to church, who they meet in church, the latest fashion style (ladies mostly) in church, and many material things, forgetting the real essence of going to Church...

1 Like

Okay
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 15, 2015
OP is right. But I worship God not just a church goer.

Meanwhile,

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by BTT(m): 9:25am On Nov 15, 2015
One is an act, the other takes a heart.

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by laurel03(m): 9:25am On Nov 15, 2015
I worship God everyday but I go to church whenever I like.... The best church is in ur heart

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by damton(m): 9:26am On Nov 15, 2015
Praise be to God
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Daraph(m): 9:26am On Nov 15, 2015
Bro,you need deliverance........ How can a normal person be advertising his f**kin gods on God's tread
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Timoleon(m): 9:26am On Nov 15, 2015
@op you are jonzing stil. how do u know the heart of those in church that you made yourself judge that they are not worshiping God?
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by lasunakin(m): 9:26am On Nov 15, 2015
on point
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Jeromejnr(m): 9:27am On Nov 15, 2015
The truth is most Christians already know this. They know they don't truly worship God.

But that still doesn't mean after reading this types of articles that they will still change. There is just something about the flesh that they have not really understood on how to put under.

They are not willing to sacrifice and put their flesh under. Jesus called it dying to self and that is the only way to true worship.

Dying to self involves pain and people would rather choose the easier life of worldliness and sin.

That is why Jesus said few people will make it through the Narrow Way because that way is difficult but the Broader way is too easy.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 15, 2015
I agree!
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by gentlegenius(m): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2015
BTT:
One is an act, the other takes a heart.
You hit the point

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by LORDDICE(m): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2015
DESNAT:
Be patient till afta d sermon,i wil ansa u.i av to listen now b4 d usher sieze my fone

buhahahaha seize? this is serious
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by JOF2: 9:28am On Nov 15, 2015
The only thing our God required from us is to worship him since he can't praise himself

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by tinobrace(m): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2015
That is why I prefer worshipping God than going to Church cheesy
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by anonimi: 9:29am On Nov 15, 2015
You don't need to be in church to worship according to what Jesus told the Samarittan woman in John 4.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Sasuwa(f): 9:29am On Nov 15, 2015
As it is always said blogging is not a get rich quick scheme, it need time, effort and above all patience. you also need a role model(mentor) to put you through.
linda ikeji started blogging since in 2006, with lindaikeji..com, or earlier than this, from 2006 to 2015 is 9 years, meaning 9 years of hard work and patience. This why you cannot start blogging today and make money tomorrow, anyone telling you that you can make money blogging quickly is either one of the two, he either did not understand the whole concept of blogging or wanted to sell something to you, and if such person makes any money at all then he is scamming innocent bloggers like you.
linda ikeji was a modeler, she started continue reading

13 Likes

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by 360jamng1: 9:29am On Nov 15, 2015
common English
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by LORDDICE(m): 9:29am On Nov 15, 2015
gentlegenius:
You hit the point

he just nailed it
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by babanenesure: 9:29am On Nov 15, 2015
where in the bible did u see that Jesus go to church....christian are just wasting their time and keep following all that 419 pastors.....they are not a man of God....majority of them use charm in conference.....pls accept Islam today.....its the only way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by davidmoyes(m): 9:29am On Nov 15, 2015
some go to Church for the sake of just being there.. I can proudly say I don't attend Church frequently but I'm also close to God.. the bottom line is attending church doesn't prove your holiness.. character does..
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 15, 2015
Most people I know are mere church goers. grin
Worshipping God to me is an everyday affair.

Guess where Kirk Franklin got an invitation to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend / ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) / Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.