Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,457 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend (21775 Views)

Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo / ”How To Identify A Yoruba Demon” Church Program By Harvesters International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by TundeKorede: 8:00am On Aug 16, 2020
Finding a good church to attend has been an herculean task these days. It is not because there is no church to attend.

The truth is, different types of denomination are springing up daily with self-acclaimed General Overseers.

Attending Church is one of the responsibilities of true believers. Because we are not to forsake the gathering of the saints.

However, if we are to attend a church. We need to attend a good one.

In this article, I have come up with what a good Church is expected to have as specified by the Scriptures.

Five Signs Of A Good Church
#Good Church
• The Word

Acts 6:2
[2]Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the WORD OF GOD and serve tables.

No matter how massive the members of a particular denomination are. Don’t join that Church because they have many members.

You do not need to join any denomination that has time for frivolities and unnecessary celebration that deprives her members of the Word.

God’s Word should be given core value in any denomination.

And it is not just about preaching the Word. Is there doctrine right?

Is what the Church preaching in line with God’s Word? A good fellowship is the one who believes that Jesus is the saviour of the world.

More so, there are some ministries where members take turns in giving their offering. They will waste hours collecting all kinds of offerings.

Time For The Word
But, the time given for the Word of God to be preached will be 10 or 15 minutes. Such assembly is not a good one.

Believers are to live by the Word that comes out of the mouth of God.

So, we are not to live by stories shared by so-called men of God. No story should replace the efficacy of God’s Word.

Don’t go to an assembly because they serve you rice and chicken every Sunday.

Unarguably, If you know the Word, you’ll enjoy the Lord and every other things will be added to you.

• Prayer
Acts 6:4
[4]But we will give ourselves CONTINUALLY TO PRAYER, and to the ministry of the word.

Prayer is the sustainer of every ministry. In the days of the Apostles, they did not only preach the Word.

They also prayed to the extent that the place where they met was shaken (Acts 4;31).

Going to an assembly of believers that does not believe in prayers will not enable you to develop close relationship with God.

As you hear the Word, you will sense the need to pray more on some issues.

Despite the fact that, prayer has been abused by some denominations. We still need to attend a prayerful Church.

When we pray, we pour our hearts out to God. Any believer that is not prayerful will become a prey to the devil.

Therefore, you can identify a good Church through her attitude towards the subject of prayer.

4 Basic Misconceptions About Speaking In Tongues

• Evangelism
Acts 5:42
[42]And daily in the TEMPLE, and in EVERY HOUSE, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

Honestly, the early Church did not just preach in the temple. They also preached from house to house.

Many denominations have failed in this area. A good ministry must have a strong evangelism team.

Evangelism should not be sent to relegation in any ministry.

Additionally, some denominations have omitted the subject of evangelism in their teachings.

Don’t forget, we are sent to preach the good news throughout the World.

And that’s the main of purpose of establishing a Church. A good ministry should seek the lost and bring them to the light of Christ.

Basically, any ministry who fails in this area should not be considered a good fellowship.

• Love Is The Hallmark Of A Good Church
1 Corinthians 13:8
[8]Charity never faileth….

Charity which implies love never fails. A good fellowship should be a place where you can receive love from people.

In other words, Jesus brought love to this world as he sacrificed himself for the whole world.

He once fed over five thousand people in a crusade. On several occasions, he ate with his disciples.

Many times, He accommodated their unbelief and errors. Truly, he is the Chief Shepherd.

Also, in the days of the Apostles, they shared what they had equally. That was a demonstration of love.

Again, a good gathering of the saints should provide a support system for her members.

Importantly, the poor should be catered for as we will always have them around us.

If the assembly you want to attend does not display love to her members. You may not enjoy your fellowship with them.

• Zero Tolerance For Worldliness
James 4:4
[4]Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Listen, the Church Jesus Christ died for should not be associated with anything called worldliness.

Candidly, your basis for attending an assembly should not be for enjoyment of beats and comedy.

Frankly, any good gathering should feed her members messages that will make them abstain from worldliness.

Sadly, these days, the church has now become the center of unending entertainment galore.

Beware of any Church that has good and superlative edifice but does not abhor unscriptural practices.

By attending a worldly Church your attention will be drawn to the things of the world.

Also, you will want to get more money, fame and positions at the expense of your soul.

Dear believer, be careful!

Sex Addiction And How To Be Totally Free

Summary
• Seek not to attend a Chapel that is well built and furnished but has little tolerance for God’s Word.

• It is unscriptural for a Church to totally neglect evangelism.

Evangelism should be the core purpose of every ministry.

• See, don’t attend a Church because of comedy, entertainment and food. Go there because of the Word and prayer.

• Let the Lord lead you to a good Church. Don’t be in a hurry to attend any Church. Pray before you choose one.

I hope this blessed you? Let me know your thought through the comment section below.

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/how-to-know-a-good-church-to-attend-2/

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 16, 2020
Make sure there are sexy looking girls in any church before attending.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Akube1z: 10:11am On Aug 16, 2020
Reedeem Christain church of God and some other Pentecostal churches that i went to really imparted my life. I love churches that preach more of the book of revelation and salvation

12 Likes

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:11am On Aug 16, 2020
A Bible Believing Church that preaches more on Salvation rather than Prosperity is where a True Christian should go.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by IvarTheBoneless: 10:11am On Aug 16, 2020
angry

The moment I hear TITHE....

I am outta there tongue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by braveboy64(m): 10:12am On Aug 16, 2020
In reality, most people are looking for miracle

5 Likes

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by lomprico(m): 10:12am On Aug 16, 2020
Nation of hypocrites!

no Nigerian is going to heaven that is if there is one.

3 Likes

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 16, 2020
We've overate everything here
White people don't take it too serious the way we handle it here, yet look at their lives it's far more better than ours

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 16, 2020
Best to stay at home and pray to God who is everywhere.

That way, you will save transportation money, offering money, tithe money, seed-sowing money, church development money, yearly contribution money, and still make it to heaven in good time.

The economy in the country should teach Christians to be wise.

Your pastor won't lead you to heaven. Only you can.

14 Likes

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by bamvik(m): 10:13am On Aug 16, 2020
most churches will score 2/5

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:13am On Aug 16, 2020
wow!
isn't the Lord wonderful?
I praise you, my Lord and my saviour.

3 Likes

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Tina001(f): 10:13am On Aug 16, 2020
Okay, noted
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by yourgistpartner: 10:13am On Aug 16, 2020
wow, so people attend church because of food and comedy grin grin grin ....... that one loud gannn

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Akube1z: 10:14am On Aug 16, 2020
post=92875465:
A Bible Believing Church that preaches more on Salvation rather than Prosperity is what a True Christian should go to.
All the churches have been preaching about salvation .
End time is near
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:14am On Aug 16, 2020
Akube1z:

All the churches have been preaching about salvation .
End time is near
Good news

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by TheSourcerer: 10:14am On Aug 16, 2020
BS

British Snacks

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by IjebuWarrior: 10:15am On Aug 16, 2020
Deeper Life and very few small churches possess these qualities.. The rest are all Rubbish!

8 Likes

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by toby2(m): 10:16am On Aug 16, 2020
hmmm
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by id4sho(m): 10:16am On Aug 16, 2020
Listening to"TWICE AS TALL"
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by SaintLucia: 10:16am On Aug 16, 2020
There are seven in my street, so how do I identify the authentic one?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 16, 2020
You didn't attend during lockdown, did you die. No such thing as good churches anymore. All are after money and in some cases pussy and power too

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Ijaycool(f): 10:17am On Aug 16, 2020
only 1 way - They Follow the Apostolic Linage

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nelly4you: 10:17am On Aug 16, 2020
for me is a Church that praises God well o

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by sagieramos(m): 10:18am On Aug 16, 2020
For those that love disturbing us with megaphone, they pray contrary to the instructions in Matthew chapter 6... How can you say you worship God and disregard his instructions?

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Stephenomozzy(m): 10:20am On Aug 16, 2020
Not very many tick these boxes.

If a Church does not help you realize that SALVATION IS A PERSONAL JOURNEY AND THAT NO AMOUNT OF MONEY OR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR "PAPA" CAN GUARANTEE YOUR ENTRANCE TO HEAVEN, then it's not a true church abeg.

Any Church that tries to preach so much FEAR INDOCTRINATION rather than the love and peaceful chastisement of Christ is just a gathering led by one man's ideology.

Christianity is the Mission; Church is just a gathering of like-minded Christians.

3 Likes

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:
Best to stay at home and pray to God who is everywhere.

That way, you will save transportation money, offering money, tithe money, seed-sowing money, church development money, yearly contribution money, and still make it to heaven in good time.

The economy in the country should teach Christians to be wise.

Your pastor won't lead you to heaven. Only you can.
Only few people know this
Have you been chased by an African parents to church before they will chase you as if God himself is waiting for you in the church
But they've forgotten that God is everywhere
In Nigeria whosoever did not go to church on Sundays is a devil
I just pray I leave this shithole of a country everything is fûcked up

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by sunshineV(f): 10:21am On Aug 16, 2020
dis church near my house is built with wood and people sit on plastic chair, is it authentic or its gotta does big names

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by CAPSLOCKED: 10:22am On Aug 16, 2020
TheSourcerer:
BS

British Snacks

BrazzerS

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? / ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) / Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.