Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! (5915 Views)

How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals / Men And Their Cheating Ways. / Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by GHoJes: 4:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
Diplomaticbeing:

Thanks once again for your valuable inputs. However, it seemed you didn't understand well my statement about "baby mama". Well, I said I believe in given my very best in anything I believe in. I have highest regard for the institution of marriage and I value women and children so much, therefore when married I will give in more than 100% effort to make it a worthwhile journey. All these facts are the reasons why I am trying so hard to be careful before saying I do.

However, as much as I hold the marriage institution sacrosanct and values children so much, yet I can't afford to live in a toxic relationship, meaning that in case my companion-to-be chooses to suppress her bad traits for now just to get me commit to her and unleashes her irritating attitudes after marriage is consummated that I will not have the patience to stay put in such union. Therefore, I don't believe in the for better for worse marriage mantra. As I have stated in my foremost message, I can be very tolerant and quiet but as a human being I also have my limit and when it elapses I don't give a second chance to a situation. I am just been honest to myself. Once more, thanks.

Apologies for misunderstanding you earlier on.
You are welcome.
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 15, 2015
From the way you've described your relationship with this woman I don't think you should proceed. You have no emotional connection with her also you don't have any special affection for her in as much as you have tried to develop it. You might have to let this go. You don't have to settle for a babymama either eventually you will find a woman better suitable to you.

3 Likes

Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Diplomaticbeing(m): 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
andromida:
From the way you've described your relationship with this woman I don't think you should proceed. You have no emotional connection with her also you don't have any special affection for her in as much as you have tried to develop it. You might have to let this go. You don't have to settle for a babymama either eventually you will find a woman better suitable to you.

Your opinions are worthwhile. Thanks for your efforts.
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
Diplomaticbeing:

The truth is that I don't need your validation to substantiate my claims. And I have to assume you know that freewill doesn't permit immorality. All the same, I am sorry for any derogatory word I used against you,obviously I mistake your flattery for sarcasm.

On the flip side, maybe I will redirect my search for a wife toward your family end. Recommend one of your sister to me. Ke ihe ikwuru?

This guy just likes big grammar

2 Likes

Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Diplomaticbeing(m): 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
fem29:

This guy just likes big grammar

As you no come gree to teach me well well how I go fit use simpler words, na wetin I go come do na. I go like learn from you. Deal?
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by masties2(f): 5:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
LadyFiona:
Na bro, I wrote f@g, the damn spambot changed it. Brain f@g....you know wheezing and whistling and sparking of my brain cells just because of your post. Tune down biko.

grin grin
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
Diplomaticbeing:

As you no come gree to teach me well well how I go fit use simpler words, na wetin I go come do na. I go like learn from you. Deal?

Lolzzz, u never ready. It's very easy. Instead of saying something like she went to purchase some eggs, say she went to buy eggs grin.
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Diplomaticbeing(m): 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
fem29:

Lolzzz, u never ready. It's very easy. Instead of saying something like she went to purchase some eggs, say she went to buy eggs grin.

Now you are talking. But me I come wonder how person wey understand the meaning of "buy" no go fit understand what "purchase" mean too. All the same I don take your advice. Thanks.
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by ogeoflyf(f): 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
Diplomaticbeing:

I will only agree that you have forgiven me after you assent to my request. I know that you have them plenty sisters. lol!

I wish cry
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Pidggin(f): 7:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
After reading your post I have come to the conclusion that you do not love her, and as such you should look for someone that meets your qualification of a good wife. Call her, sit her down and tell her how you feel about her.
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
XYD2:
The most important thing worth looking for in a partner is if he/she has the love and fear of God. Things like caring, showing love and other stuffs are kind of secondary to me.

Marriage determines ones destiny later in life so you have to be careful. The love and the fear of God of your partner comes first.
Not to disparage your contribution tho but I was discussing an issue with a church member today.

It was about another church member whom the husband too had at some time boasted he married her a virgin.

Obviously the lady has the appearance of an "SU" and all but I am yet to meet a woman so bitter in my life.

This woman is a "good" christian and God fearing so to speak but trust me she is very ill mannered and bad tempered.

Always picking up needless fights. Grapevine sources even has it that the husband is already fed up with her nasty behaviour.

The essence of my polemics is to remind you not to fall into that "God fearing" woman scam.

A lot of them just go about with the appearance but are deeply rotten inside by christain standards.

And contary to your naive assertion a potential wife has to be caring, friendly, respectful, resourceful and lastly you as man must be attracted to her physically I mean you must find her sesxy Forget all the speaking in tongues cos you will not be speaking in tongues while sleeping with her otherwise you will find it difficult to maintain an err.ection around her while your d..ick will be jumping up when you encounter other women leading to adultery.

Am sorry if the last paragraph was a bit raw but trust me it could have been worse considering the need to be explanatory so as to drive home the point.

Beware brothers. Beware .

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Diplomaticbeing(m): 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pidggin:
After reading your post I have come to the conclusion that you do not love her, and as such you should look for someone that meets your qualification of a good wife. Call her, sit her down and tell her how you feel about her.

Thanks for your observation. However, it seems like you and I shares contrary views of what a sustainable relationship love is in it's entirety. To me, my relationship love is earned not given, and to sustain it one must maintain and renew it almost every other day. I think this explains why one can fall in and out of love. For example, the best way to preserve the freshness of a cooked soup is by freezing it, with this method such soup can stay fresh and retain it's taste even after a week, while the alternative means of preserving a soup is through rewarming it on fire after each cut (those who lives/have lived without electricity and will understand this point clearly) which is the analog means can still preserve the same cooked soup but surely after a day or two it will lose it's freshness and taste.

As far as relationship love is concerned, I don't just love someone without reasons (my own love is not blind), but I do fall in love with one when the right attributes are there. Maybe I have a skewed view of what this relationship love of a thing is all about.

1 Like

Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Diplomaticbeing(m): 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Pidggin(f): 9:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
Diplomaticbeing:

Thanks for your observation. However, it seems like you and I shares contrary views of what a sustainable relationship love is in it's entirety. To me, my relationship love is earned not given, and to sustain it one must maintain and renew it almost every other day. I think this explains why one can fall in and out of love. For example, the best way to preserve the freshness of a cooked soup is by freezing it, with this method such soup can stay fresh and retain it's taste even after a week, while the alternative means of preserving a soup is through rewarming it on fire after each cut (those who lives/have lived without electricity and will understand this point clearly) which is the analog means can still preserve the same cooked soup but surely after a day or two it will lose it's freshness and taste.

As far as relationship love is concerned, I don't just love someone without reasons (my own love is not blind), but I do fall in love with one when the right attributes are there. Maybe I have a skewed view of what this relationship love of a thing is all about.

@Bolded says it all. I still think you should tell her these things. I don't see how we can help you in this case as you seem to know exactly what you want. Maybe you can exercise more patience, don't let anyone pressure you, be on the look out for your ideal lady and hopefully you will find her.
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by focus7: 2:32am On Nov 16, 2015
Op my honest opinion about you is that you are too self overestimating, too principled and rigid. Dealing with ladies though you need to be firm but also flexible in order to be able to accommodate their excessiveness, manage them and mentor them. When a man is too principled and too rigid he can't enjoy the best from his woman.

5 Likes

Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by seankay(m): 6:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
Jeloma:
diplomaticbeing, please you're not being diplomatic at all. Pls edit your post and use understandable words. This is not an English language convention.
Lol b like say he just write GRE
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by pickabeau1: 6:58pm On Nov 16, 2015
Diplomaticbeing:
I have this lady who's illusory know-all nay too clever by half and flawless, rude (ready to disparage one in public for any act one exhibits which she may assumes incorrect due to her uninformed knowledge on such matter), ungrateful (that is when your act of kindness/goodwill toward her is below her expectation - on the contrary, I for one, I hold the principle of "accept" not "expect" anything from anyone, so I believe in giving than in receiving), manipulative, boisterous, pessimistic and sense of entitlement.

Forget It
The greatest of her sins is ingratitude
People like this will push u to steal or drink

[s]However, she possesses the following good traits: caring, swing understanding, feels happy when around one physically or otherwise, this is to say she's pleased to have one in her life (could this mean that she is truly in love with one as she has always claimed), knowledgeable above average level.

Sincerely, I am a strong proponent of the school of thought that the word "love" is ambiguous thus can't stand on it's own and makes no meaning to me without virtues like humbleness, trustworthiness, simplicity and kindness. This simply means that a lady must possess the latter mentioned virtues before I can fall in love with her. Also, my respect is earned not given, therefore for her to command my respect and loyalty a lady must posses these stated virtues. As for trust, I always give it freely to anyone unmerited, but after several betrayal intentionally, when I sever from such person I don't give second chance - I can be quite tolerant. In the other words, I live on reason not emotion and this informed my adoption of irreligious but spiritual world-view and stance.

Now, my question is: can a man of reserved character, sensitive, diplomatic, elusive, reclusive, humble, tolerance, quiet and kind really put up with this kind of lady till the end of one's life? I am talking about marriage. Before now I used to think that what matters most is the happiness of anyone around me, but of late I have started to realize the need for me to have around me someone who will derive happiness being around me and vise versa.

Am I being selfish? Do I have problem? Am I demanding too much for love?

I need honest and unbiased opinions from sane people. I need both negative and positive critics. Thanks all in advance.[/s]
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by 5minsmadness: 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2015
Migraine inducing thread
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Fkforyou(m): 9:12pm On Nov 16, 2015
LadyFiona:
You don't have a problem at all. Guys with women hassles don't go about blowing hot grammar like this.
You've just dissected and disemboweled an embodiment/ epitome of Nigerian female gender having perused the first paragraph. Your demeanour accentuated a heightened level of affection malaise that needs to be communicated to the other party not to faceless worldwide web community.

Manage this advice, i wouldve advised further if THIS POST didn't give brain gay already.

E don do!!!....Wetin self, una just like to dey complicate matter for people....lol.
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 16, 2015
Guitarlife:

Not to disparage your contribution tho but I was discussing an issue with a church member today.

It was about another church member whom the husband too had at some time boasted he married her a virgin.

Obviously the lady has the appearance of an "SU" and all but I am yet to meet a woman so bitter in my life.

This woman is a "good" christian and God fearing so to speak but trust me she is very ill mannered and bad tempered.

Always picking up needless fights. Grapevine sources even has it that the husband is already fed up with her nasty behaviour.

The essence of my polemics is to remind you not to fall into that "God fearing" woman scam.

A lot of them just go about with the appearance but are deeply rotten inside by christain standards.

And contary to your naive assertion a potential wife has to be caring, friendly, respectful, resourceful and lastly you as man must be attracted to her physically I mean you must find her sesxy Forget all the speaking in tongues cos you will not be speaking in tongues while sleeping with her otherwise you will find it difficult to maintain an err.ection around her while your d..ick will be jumping up when you encounter other women leading to adultery.

Am sorry if the last paragraph was a bit raw but trust me it could have been worse considering the need to be explanatory so as to drive home the point.

Beware brothers. Beware .

Thanks.
Advise taken and your point well understood.

I wasn't referring to someone having the fear of God as being religious, far from it. But bro, have you not seen a caring, respected and loving woman/ man that would still cheat or change later in life?

For that brother in particular, there must have been some signs, no way someone can cover his/ her character and you wouldn't see some traces just like what OP noticed.

Marriage is not an easy situation thou, but how will you love someone when you don't love and respect God first.
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 17, 2015
Diplomaticbeing:

I'm here embarassed
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Diplomaticbeing(m): 7:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
Eyekandi:

I'm here embarassed

Dear, I wasn't unaware about your presence here before I requested to have a private discussion with you. Well, if there's no option to reach you privately, then there will be no need for us to further conversation.
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
Diplomaticbeing:

Dear, I wasn't unaware about your presence here before I requested to have a private discussion with you. Well, if there's no option to reach you privately, then there will be no need for us to further conversation.
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Vikky014(f): 11:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
Diplomaticbeing:
I have this lady who's illusory know-all nay too clever by half and flawless, rude (ready to disparage one in public for any act one exhibits which she may assumes incorrect due to her uninformed knowledge on such matter), ungrateful (that is when your act of kindness/goodwill toward her is below her expectation - on the contrary, I for one, I hold the principle of "accept" not "expect" anything from anyone, so I believe in giving than in receiving), manipulative, boisterous, pessimistic and sense of entitlement.

However, she possesses the following good traits: caring, swing understanding, feels happy when around one physically or otherwise, this is to say she's pleased to have one in her life (could this mean that she is truly in love with one as she has always claimed), knowledgeable above average level.

Sincerely, I am a strong proponent of the school of thought that the word "love" is ambiguous thus can't stand on it's own and makes no meaning to me without virtues like humbleness, trustworthiness, simplicity and kindness. This simply means that a lady must possess the latter mentioned virtues before I can fall in love with her. Also, my respect is earned not given, therefore for her to command my respect and loyalty a lady must posses these stated virtues. As for trust, I always give it freely to anyone unmerited, but after several betrayal intentionally, when I sever from such person I don't give second chance - I can be quite tolerant. In the other words, I live on reason not emotion and this informed my adoption of irreligious but spiritual world-view and stance.

Now, my question is: can a man of reserved character, sensitive, diplomatic, elusive, reclusive, humble, tolerance, quiet and kind really put up with this kind of lady till the end of one's life? I am talking about marriage. Before now I used to think that what matters most is the happiness of anyone around me, but of late I have started to realize the need for me to have around me someone who will derive happiness being around me and vise versa.

Am I being selfish? Do I have problem? Am I demanding too much for love?

I need honest and unbiased opinions from sane people. I need both negative and positive critics. Thanks all in advance.
Law graduate right
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Vikky014(f): 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
You don't have a problem at all. Guys with women hassles don't go about blowing hot grammar like this.
You've just dissected and disemboweled an embodiment/ epitome of Nigerian female gender having perused the first paragraph. Your demeanour accentuated a heightened level of affection malaise that needs to be communicated to the other party not to faceless worldwide web community.

Manage this advice, i wouldve advised further if THIS POST didn't give brain gay already.
hahahahahaha
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Diplomaticbeing(m): 2:53am On Dec 18, 2015
Eyekandi:

I see it as rude derailing people's thread, so I brought the issue here in other to give the info you seek. But seeing as you have given up, its fine.

OK! No problem. You know, we disagree to agree. Kindly do the needful.
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Diplomaticbeing(m): 2:58am On Dec 18, 2015
Vikky014:
Law graduate right

LOL... Me I be "Vikky014" graduate! I hope you de fine ni.
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Vikky014(f): 6:17am On Dec 18, 2015
Diplomaticbeing:

lol
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Vikky014(f): 6:17am On Dec 18, 2015
Diplomaticbeing:

lol
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 18, 2015
Diplomaticbeing:

OK! No problem. You know, we disagree to agree. Kindly do the needful.
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Diplomaticbeing(m): 7:34am On Dec 18, 2015
Re: I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! by Diplomaticbeing(m): 7:35am On Dec 18, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Join the league of Real Men. Samsu Oil needs no introduction. Ask for d original / How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman / My Crush On A Married Woman..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.