Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism (10413 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting / 10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by Richirich713: 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
The ancients had moral codes cuz they understood they had needed something to judge people.
Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by naijapips02: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
Richirich713:

Yes God has a lot to do about, cuz my argument was religion should be used to judge people, wat religion?

I no u no I'm christian nd it should be obvious that I believe the my religion came from GOD.

Are u really that slow, that I have to inform I GOD has a lot to do with the argument.

Exactly people need moral codes.

Yes it is old testament stuff nd NT stuff.

Lol its has to be 2 different Yahweh's, haha

Clearly showing u don't no wat the new testament teaches about the old testament laws.

I don't agree with homo's cuz the NT says it's evil.

reread what you just wrote and tell me if it made sense to you. angry

1 Like

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by Richirich713: 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
naijapips02:

reread what you just wrote and tell me if it made sense to you. angry

Yes it made sense, it's not my fault he doesn't no what the NT teaches.

And it's not my fault that he is misunderstanding my argument
Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by winner01(m): 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
naijapips02:

While anticipating my NYSC, my dad told me how he served in a seminary and the several demonic attrocities reverend fathers commit, coincidentally i was posted to Anambra state, osumenyi in a catholic school.
We were lodged in the fathers residence for some weeks. I know that ladies came from town to service the fathers regularly, i know that sometimes at night, the fathers were drunk to an extent that they couldnt stand .. I moved close to one of the seminarians because he was probably my age mate. At least i remember during one of our discussions that He told me the following clearly
I joined the seminary because of the priviledges given to Rev. fathers.
One can have sex with as many ladies as you want but they must not get pregnant.

I knew he had sex with my students regularly.
He grew up in the seminary just like Johnydon22. Anyway I heard he was sent away for stealing offering before delivering it to the fathers.
Still During my stay there, the priest was changed and this one was worse. Another seminarian also joined, a bit older than the previous ones. That one had sex with female students at will.

Will you say these ones have any idea what they are intoundecided

If tired of their irresponsibility and want a change they become atheists claiming "former christians",
if they find grace they will come to a different realization of the person of Christ.

Being born into christianity or being ordained by men is never synonymous to being a christian? undecided
What can you say about "preachers" in Nigeria who engage in several demonic attrocities?
Your origin or decisions has nothing to do with your relationship with God.

Fact remains, You cant leave a place youve never been,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by johnydon22(m): 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
Richirich713:

Yes God has a lot to do about, cuz my argument was religion should be used to judge people, wat religion?
I no u no I'm christian nd it should be obvious that I believe the my religion came from GOD.
Are u really that slow, that I have to inform I GOD has a lot to do with the argument.

You have already agreed human morality is independent of religions like you rightly agreed above.

You have only furthered to affirm that only those who lack independent moral basis in conformity to pleasing societal interactions will need religion or Politics (Laws of the state) to ensure that.

Hahahaha please don't be aggressive...

In fact the very fact that the new and old testament moral tilt differs drastically even though all allegedly from the same Deity is enough for all to see these are people speaking for these deities..

Exactly people need moral codes.

Am so happy you agree to the other God concepts in the picture though you go against the bible by agreeing to these other Gods..

Yes it is old testament stuff nd NT stuff.

For the simple fact that you need to hide behind the old testament laws in order to discard these laws shows these laws drastically goes against your own ethics or idea of moral actions. . . .You think God got it wrong the first time..

If he didn't there wouldn't be need to change it

Lol its has to be 2 different Yahweh's, haha

Or the idea and societal expectations and timeline of the people who speak for Yahweh changed... Could it be that.?

we wouldn't know... lipsrsealed

Clearly showing u don't no wat the new testament teaches about the old testament laws.

Oh maybe even more than you do cus i know the Council of Jerusalem was responsible for discarding most jewish laws for the gentiles.

I don't agree with homo's cuz the NT says it's evil.

Hhmm and we keep wondering how the new testament agreed with the old on homosexuality and skipped burning priest wayward daughters or murdering unbelievers..

God changed his mind i suppose.. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by johnydon22(m): 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
Richirich713:
The ancients had moral codes cuz they understood they had needed something to judge people.

exactly the point, if people didn't live together as a society there wouldn't be need for moral codes or societal ethics.

Humans becoming social beings saw the birth of ethical codes for a pleasing mutual societal interactions.

I wouldn't blame you for thinking a deity was the progenitor of these codes..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by Richirich713: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
Lol John are u cool with sex with men , cuz it seems its bothers u the bible condemns it?
Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by johnydon22(m): 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
Richirich713:
Lol John are u cool with sex with men , cuz it seems its bothers u the bible condemns it?

No not at all... I am straight so personally i hate homosexuality.... We were only comparing societal ethics here please don't drag it into something else entirely..

We were only checking how come you agree with some old testament laws and disagree and discard others..Please do not pull out unrelated discourse..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by Richirich713: 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
u still with this OT , NT stuff , every time u speak about the bible it makes me wonder wat is the level of ur research on the bible.
Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by winner01(m): 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
naijapips02:

in response to winner01's allusive thread on atheist converting to Christianity.
I gave a testimony.
what is this? a testimony?undecided
Yall see why i keep saying atheism is a religion.
What are you defendingundecided Your belief in void??undecided
Keep at it, soon enough you'll realise you are actually defending a being.
Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by winner01(m): 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
Richirich713:
u still with this OT , NT stuff , every time u speak about the bible it makes me wonder wat is the level of ur research on the bible.
People who live in seminaries are taught "a lot" on theology i think. Yeah thats right. a lot of lies
Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by Richirich713: 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

No not at all... I am straight so personally i hate homosexuality.... We were only comparing societal ethics here please don't drag it into something else entirely..

We were only checking how come you agree with some old testament laws and disagree and discard others..Please do not pull out unrelated discourse..

Haha nw u hate it

Its not wrong according to u right ?
Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by johnydon22(m): 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
Richirich713:

The idea here is Both the Old and New are alleged words of Yahweh...

For there to be need to discard the old laws and make a new shows the old one was wrong and needed to be changed.... So Yahweh got the first law wrong?

The way you are struggling to distance yourself from these old testament laws. could it be that you find the old testament yahweh a little disturbing?

Forget research about the bible or every other ancient religious texts out there, you wouldn't know much of any of them anyway.

So the question now is... How come you find the old laws not worth keeping, how come it had to be changed..

Could it be Yahweh changed his mind or the ideas of the people who speak for Yahweh changed..?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by Richirich713: 12:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
winner01:
I gave a testimony.

I also thought atheism is not a religion

But these atheists are proving me wrong.
Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by johnydon22(m): 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
Richirich713:

Haha nw u hate it
Its not wrong according to u right ?

You don't really have an idea what defence to bring up right?

Cus this thread is very open... My question was..

Why is it that the new testament agreed with the old on homosexuality and not on burning daughters of wayward priests.

And oh yes... What i find right or wrong are actions towards one another and not who people choose to sleep with or do in their bedroom with mutual consent.... its not my business.

You really have no idea how to keep up a discussion... dabbling into different premises shows you off to be quite naive on that..

why not stick to the subject of our discussion ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by johnydon22(m): 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
Richirich713:

Is THEISM (Belief in God) a religion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by naijapips02: 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
winner01:
While anticipating my NYSC, my dad told me how he served in a seminary and the several demonic attrocities reverend fathers commit, coincidentally i was posted to Anambra state, osumenyi in a catholic school.
We were lodged in the fathers residence for some weeks. I know that ladies came from town to service the fathers regularly, i know that sometimes at night, the fathers were drunk to an extent that they couldnt stand .. I moved close to one of the seminarians because he was probably my age mate. At least i remember during one of our discussions that He told me the following clearly
One can have sex with as many ladies as you want but they must not get pregnant.

He grew up in the seminary just like Johnydon22. Anyway I heard he was sent away for stealing offering before delivering it to the fathers.
Still During my stay there, the priest was changed and this one was worse. Another seminarian also joined, a bit older than the previous ones. That one had sex with female students at will.

If tired of their irresponsibility and want a change they become atheists claiming "former christians",
if they find grace they will come to a different realization of the person of Christ.

Being born into christianity or being ordained by men is never synonymous to being a christian? undecided
What can you say about "preachers" in Nigeria who engage in several demonic attrocities?

i sighted the example of the Mr who started preaching at the ripe age of 12. Going by your analogy, it means that the number of christians are overtly overated. Who then are the christians? if a REV, a Pastor, A Preacher is not a christian, who then is? How do we know these? Does committing atrocities make them any less of a christian? are there christians that don't commit atrocities? What really are you yapping about?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by naijapips02: 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
winner01:
I gave a testimony.

no, they are not testimonies. they are testaments..... grin

Dude, i am not defending anything. I just want you to see the foolishness of opening a thread on who deconverted or not. as it it proves anything. Daily, people are deconverting from one religion/set of believes and adopting new ones, based on their new convictions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by johnydon22(m): 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
naijapips02:

i sighted the example of the Mr who started preaching at the ripe age of 12. Going by your analogy, it means that the number of christians are overtly overated. Who then are the christians? if a REV, a Pastor, A Preacher is not a christian, who then is? How do we know these? Does committing atrocities make them any less of a christian? are there christians that don't commit atrocities? What really are you yapping about?

Its simple, who ever that does not conform to his own idea of morality is automatically not a christian..grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by winner01(m): 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
Richirich713:

Its not possible not to believe in God. Its inbuilt. Man as a spirit cant be void. The system is in such a way that if he rejects the Holy spirit, an evil spirit automatically takes charge.
These ones are evidence.
Their stand point is unbelief(neutral) as they normally claim, but none of them can really explain why they post comments against God and christianity.
Its clear for all to see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by neocortex: 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
winner01:

Are you a christian ?
If yes , have you ever committed any "sin" while being a christian ?
If yes , do you still think you are a christian since Rev. committing
"sins" made them non-christians.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
Richirich713:

Oh No they are not

They just have their ten commandments [http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/19/living/atheist-10-commandments/] , they believe a creator is not responsible for life , they have faith that by luck or chance the universe came into existence , earth could support life and intelligence was gotten by humans , they have their high priest - Richard Dawkings - websites named atheistrepublic , youtube channels and in the US a tv station called the AtheistTV , there are TV shows for them .

And how dare you say that it is not organised when they have their "church " and "preachers"[ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/atheist-church] and much more .

I mean with all these evidences put forward I strongly doubt atheism is a religion

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by neocortex: 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
Richirich713:

Was it the ancient's moral code or god's moral code ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by winner01(m): 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
naijapips02:

Dude, i am not defending anything. I just want you to see the foolishness of opening a thread on who deconverted or not. as it it proves anything. Daily, people are deconverting from one religion/set of believes and adopting new ones, based on their new convictions.
Naah, its foolishness to open a counter thread and then say you arnt defending anything.
@ bolded, you sound hurt by that thread,
No one was trying to prove anything, its a testimony i shared with other believers.
Now can you say the same for this thread undecided

The earlier you realize that you are defending nothing the devil, the better for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by iconoclast(m): 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
Richirich713:

People have different views on what is good nd wat is wrong.

Serial rapists think rape is OK, should we allow them to teach there children the same?

For to their eyes rape is not wrong.

You are wrong man. A serial rapist knows that rape ain't okay. A rapist's urge to commit rape ain't guided by right or wrong. Just the same way a serial killer knows killing is bad. Some people just get-off of doing bad things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by oglalasioux(m): 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
There is a God who sparked the big bang. There is a God whose power is setting the universe on course. What I don't believe in is the religions. They are all scam. I'll rather let physics and mathematics lead me to God than let a deranged cleric get me more confused. I'll rather follow the scientists as the true prophets of God than someone who only predicts disasters.
Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
naijapips02:

Naivety

Its glorious when the unbelievers come to Christ .

Luke 15:7

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

But I'm not quite what atheism gets when someone "decamps"
Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by winner01(m): 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh No they are not

They just have their ten commandments [http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/19/living/atheist-10-commandments/] , they believe a creator is not responsible for life , they have faith that by luck or chance the universe came into existence , earth could support life and intelligence was gotten by humans , they have their high priest - Richard Dawkings - websites named atheistrepublic , youtube channels and in the US a tv station called the AtheistTV , there are TV shows for them .

And how dare you say that it is not organised when they have their "church " and "preachers"[ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/atheist-church] and much more .

I mean with all these evidences put forward I strongly doubt atheism is a religion

Yeah, i actually read about an atheist megachurch.
These ones are just pawns who have no idea what they are into. And its not like they had any idea what they were into before finding solace in atheism The big guns are making fast moves to deviate from satanism into atheism.
I bet their motto is: Anything but God
Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by johnydon22(m): 1:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
oglalasioux:
There is a God who sparked the big bang. There is a God whose power is setting the universe on course. What I don't believe in is the religions. They are all scam. I'll rather let physics and mathematics lead me to God than let a deranged cleric get me more confused. I'll rather follow the scientists as the true prophets of God than someone who only predicts disasters.

In this case one might deduct that need to evaluate what you refer to as God is very vital..

It can be energy as a quantum value, gravity or other forces responsible for universal causality, manifestations, laws of physics as we know them..
(Even though there are other many places laws of Physics are meaningless in this universe affirming nature has no one way of manifestation...

So we should check and see what really is being referred to as God here..

forces and values of universal causality or anthropomorphical humanoids somewhere in a mansion..?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by winner01(m): 1:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
naijapips02:

You ask a lot of questions with insincerity i guess.
No one is yapping, you opened a counter thread. What are you defending?? VOID??undecided
I think not.

1 Like

Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
winner01:
Yeah, i actually read about an atheist megachurch.
These ones are just pawns who have no idea what they are into. And its not like they had any idea what they were into before finding solace in atheism The big guns are making fast moves to deviate from satanism into atheism.
I bet their motto is: Anything but God

Exactly ! They are still kids breeding on Nairaland . They don't know what's up . They think its all about "logic and reasoning" grin . On their youtube shows they have callers who ask questions to know more about their " movement " . Atheism is a branch of satanism under the guise of the non belief in any deity . I'm sure they collect "offerings " and stuff in a bid to mock Christianity . In other words , they have been scammed grin
Re: Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
@winner01 ... do you realise that they copy Christianity not even Islam or any other religion ? And they say they are ridiculing Religion as a whole cheesy . These nigggas right here are on a loooong thing !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? / My Brother Goshen, Please Explain Your Stand On Fornication Here / CAN Asks President Buhari To Ban Miyetti Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.