Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Women Should Remain Silent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women Should Remain Silent (692 Views)

TRUTH: Did Paul Say Women Should Remain Quiet In Church?? / 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage / Christians: You Must Respond To This Or Remain Silent For Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Should Remain Silent by debra: 1:14am On May 19, 2009
The book of Corinthians 14:34-35, NIV version says, "Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission as the law says. If they want to inquire about something they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church." As a woman i have being very conflicted about this scripture, I would like to get everyones take on it. Why is it that as Christians some chose to ignore this part of the bible, or give it a different interpretation. Lets hear with evidence what u have to say.
Re: Women Should Remain Silent by brainbox1: 9:15am On May 19, 2009
I think that scripture is straightforward. No matter how inconvinient it is for people to live the truth, the truth is the truth.
Re: Women Should Remain Silent by banom(m): 9:30am On May 19, 2009
Nawao
Re: Women Should Remain Silent by timmy7(m): 11:57am On May 19, 2009
My take on it is that women who feels they have arrived in spiritual things and hence, are puffed up are adviced to keep silent in church. These was the conduct of the corinthian women in those days who think they are competing with the men in spiritual matters, no other place emphasize such teachings in the NT-I might be wrong though-, even the OT said somewhere that '', in those days I will pour out my spirit on all men and ur sons and DAUGHTERS will Prophesy, '' what more do we need when the Lord has promise to make both male and female His vessels. Do we now ask the women to keep silent when they are prophesying according to d Spirit of God?
Re: Women Should Remain Silent by bblacky(f): 1:05pm On May 19, 2009
hmmmmmmm, na so i seam, wat can we do, na Bible talkam, so no reversing it
Re: Women Should Remain Silent by Ify3: 3:08pm On May 19, 2009
If women should keep silent in the Church but to ask from their husbands whatever confused teachings or so, the single ladies in the Church whom will they ask from of any conflicting matter?
Re: Women Should Remain Silent by ttalks(m): 3:56pm On May 19, 2009
You can get some info from Women in Ministry
Re: Women Should Remain Silent by PastorAIO: 4:17pm On May 19, 2009
Women should keep their traps shut at all times except when they are in bed with their husbands. Any failure to wail and cry at that time can have seriously debilitating effect on the confidence of the husband.

So woman if you have any noise you want to make please wait until that appropriate time when your cries are most appreciated.
Re: Women Should Remain Silent by Bastage: 8:23pm On May 19, 2009
The Corinthians passage is a product of it's time.

Women were powerful leaders prior to it's writing. Then along came chavaunism.

Forget it. It's outdated.

Pastor is right though. Women do talk too much. grin grin
Re: Women Should Remain Silent by realpastor: 9:03pm On May 19, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Women should keep their traps shut at all times except when they are in bed with their husbands. Any failure to wail and cry at that time can have seriously debilitating effect on the confidence of the husband.

So woman if you have any noise you want to make please wait until that appropriate time when your cries are most appreciated.
Ha pastor AIQ, are you realy a pstor?

(1) (Reply)

The Inanities Of Adeboye - Jesus: All-embracing Name. / God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. / Re: We Are Ready To Accept Christianity If

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.