Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration (3172 Views)

LG Election: Lagos Govt. Announces Restriction Of Movement / Bruce Warns Buhari: Don’t Waste 2017 Blaming Previous Administration / Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by codeworks(m): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
The Anambra State Government has announced 185 billion naira as the debt burden it inherited from the previous administration led by Mr Peter Obi.

According to the Secretary to the State Government, Professor Solo Chukwulobelu, only nine billion naira cash and 25 billion naira worth of foreign investment assets was inherited by the present administration.

He referred to a written statement of account from the previous administration’s handover note to Governor Willie Obiano.

These claims have, however, been debunked by the past administration.

The former Governor Obi’s Special Assistant, Mr Val Obienyem, has stated via e-mail, that Mr Obi not only left 75 billion naira in cash and investments, but also did not leave a single debt for the current administration.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/11/15/anambra-govt-announces-185bn-naira-debt-burden-from-previous-administration/
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by CharlyNick: 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
Biafra State........

So how Una wan take survive if Biafra come na cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by gozmok1(m): 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
My people please can someone tell me what is happening to our apostles of good governance during the last administration? why is everybody quiet about the fuel scarcity that has lingered for almost one month now. Our APC fans whom are you blaming now GEJ or Dieziani? what of our bring back crusaders?plz why have they gone cold or are the girls back? A bag of rice is now 11,500 I guess it will get to about 14k before Xmas. Last year we bought a full bag for between 7,500 to 8000 at Christmas. You guys are in charge now for 6 months yet all we get are excuses and blame game. what am I even hearing about TSA? corruption among the saints? You no longer criticise our soldiers. You have stopped calling them names.Our president has approved the release of 413bn to pay for subsidy. I thought they said subsidy amount was over bloated during the time of GEJ. Why are my people not talking again? How much job has been created since May 2015? How many unemployed Nigerians have started receiving the 5000 stipend? Why are we not asking questions? Has promise of Change become Change of promise? We are just watching.

10 Likes

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by IbokUtoroh(m): 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
i bet u they r more viable than osun, oyo, ogun put together times 10, if u like equate them in exponential sequence or in geometric progression.
@charlynick dont tell me u r from d brown roofed suffersticated cum oduriferous fufu city....
Chai u need an opon imo.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by aresa: 4:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
Funny I don't see the silly biafrauds here wailing and forming at the mouth... but na different story if this huge debt is about osun state...

losers... grin

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by SpaceTour: 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
TRASH! Why has all the debt lists placed Anambra as one of the states with the lowest debt rates? This report is more or less politically motivated to slight an opponent..

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by aresa: 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
SpaceTour:
TRASH! Why has all the debt lists placed Anambra as one of the states with the lowest debt rates? This report is more or less politically motivated to slight an opponent..

The story is always true when comes to other people but never when it comes to you ibo losers... grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by palladin: 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
Obiano will soon cross to APC.
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by SpaceTour: 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
Show me debt list for 2015 or shut up..

aresa:

The story is always true when comes to other people but never when it comes to you ibo losers... grin
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by ibedun: 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
Highly indebted unproductive state? Another reason those God foresaken marauders will never stay at home. Walahi one-Nigeria is the true saviour of Igbos not Jesus Christ.

Anuofia people.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by basilo101: 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
aresa:

so political fyt b/w Obiano and obi is more credible source than DMO or NBS where anambra is among d least indebted states?

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by sammyj: 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
If this report is real. Then the Anambra people has entered one chance. We thought anambra was only the state that his not owing and has deposit enough to feed the entire country at a point. Shame on them !!! grin sad shocked grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by basilo101: 4:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
Lol, yorubas shud check statistics and stop consoling themself with Obi vs Obiano political fight. Obiano's aid made a claim and Obi's aid debunked d claim but u chose d side dat relieve u of ur heart attack due financial mess in ur states instead of consulting appropriate source to kw who is ryt

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by jonathanOz: 4:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
Why are we getting the information just now? After about 2 years in office? I smell fish

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by seunmsg(m): 4:53pm On Nov 15, 2015
basilo101:
Lol, yorubas shud check statistics and stop consoling themself with Obi vs Obiano political fight. Obiano's aid made a claim and Obi's aid debunked d claim but u chose d side dat relieve u of ur heart attack due financial mess in ur states instead of consulting appropriate source to kw who is ryt

APC propaganda right? Ooooh, Obiano is in APGA, no APC to blame this time around.

Instead of calling out Obi who obviously has taken you people for a ride, you lots will sleep on NL abusing Osun and other south western states.

Gradually, we are getting a true picture of your debt ridden states. Lies and deceit can only go for a while, one day, truth will definitely catch up with it. I will be looking forward to more revelations in the days ahead.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by lionness(f): 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
CharlyNick:
Biafra State........ So how Una go use survive na cheesy

Them go collect tax from Okrika sellers in their many world class markets to survive cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by CharlyNick: 5:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
lionness:

Them go collect tax from Okrika sellers in their many world class markets to survive cool cool cool cool cool

Oh I see cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by Abagworo(m): 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
palladin:
Obiano will soon cross to APC.

It is inevitable for his political survival. His opponents are too powerful and have bought over radio biafra which market people listen to.

My advice to Obiano is to apologise to Peter Obi because without Obi he has no business in Awka Government house. Obi tried in managing resources but equally had his flaws.
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by Ghost01(m): 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
Always knew that was something about the tale about Obi leaving office with N75bn in assets.
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by basilo101: 5:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
seunmsg:

APC propaganda right? Ooooh, Obiano is in APGA, no APC to blame this time around.

Instead of calling out Obi who obviously has taken you people for a ride, you lots will sleep on NL abusing Osun and other south western states.

Gradually, we are getting a true picture of your debt ridden states. Lies and deceit can only go for a while, one day, truth will definitely catch up with it. I will be looking forward to more revelations in the days ahead.
stop consoling ur self Mr man. Anambra is nt owing civil servants and did nt take bailout and dats d situation on ground. What Obiano is trying to say is not dat d state is owing dat amount now, he is battling with Obi on who will be the messiah that made Anambra one of d least indebted states.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
Upon all the allocations?

Igbos are like lantern that doesn't shed light on the ground which it stands.

IPBO youths!!!!

Una see your life?

Obi dey enjoy his life dey fly about...una dey shout Biafra like cursed chicken.

Shey na NIGERIA be ur problem now abi na ur leaders? Of course, we dey tell u but the N500 per day for protests no go allow us reason.

One thing I knw, the IPOB youths are the defunct saTANists. No need to struggle before u understand that one.
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by SpaceTour: 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hopeless fool, focus on your useless and bankrupt Imo state. Stop commenting on issues you know nothing about. Obiano is not leaving APGA for your terrorist APC. Obiano is the national leader of APGA, sink that into your senseless self..

[s]
Abagworo:

It is inevitable for his political survival. His opponents are too powerful and have bought over radio biafra which market people listen to.

My advice to Obiano is to apologise to Peter Obi because without Obi he has no business in Awka Government house. Obi tried in managing resources but equally had his flaws.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
Some people hate finding out the truth even if it will save their lives.. how much of that money truly went into developing Anambra State..

We continue to delude ourselves praising criminals and praying to God for restoration -- we deserve our conditions for keeping quiet and not taking action
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by CharlyNick: 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
i bet u they r more viable than osun, oyo, ogun put together times 10, if u like equate them in exponential sequence or in geometric progression.
@charlynick dont tell me u r from d brown roofed suffersticated cum oduriferous fufu city....
Chai u need an opon imo.

This guy don finish me cheesy

I rep #AkwaIbomState/Ika
and #AbiaState/Arochukwu [maternal]

Not from the Brown Roof Region cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by basilo101: 5:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
voltron:
Some people hate finding out the truth even if it will save their lives.. how much of that money truly went into developing Anambra State..

We continue to delude ourselves praising criminals and praying to God for restoration -- we deserve our conditions for keeping quiet and not taking action
d debts were not actually borowed money but numerous last munite contrats awarded by Obi which Obiano continued, most of them nw nearing completion

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
CharlyNick:

This guy don finish me cheesy
I rep #AkwaIbomState/Ika and #AbiaState/Arochukwu [maternal]
Not from the Brown Roof Region cheesy
iya iya, da atiedie? Ku uyadesit, nkere ke ado mbong idiok itong ami...
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by aresa: 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
basilo101:

so political fyt b/w Obiano and obi is more credible source than DMO or NBS where anambra is among d least indebted states?

Rubbish. Who are you to tell us who is trustworthy or not?

The state government is openly saying what they are saddled with and this joker is preaching rubbish?

If you don't trust your state governor, you might want to get rid of him instead of talking rubbish..
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by aresa: 6:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
This is Anambra state university teaching hospital built and left by peter obi...

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by babyfaceafrica: 6:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
Who is lying and who is telling the truth
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
Why is Obiano saying this after almost Two years? He's being economical with the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by Cuche: 6:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Why is Obiano saying this after almost Two years? He's being economical with the truth.
What I don't know is if the figure of 185 billion naira is a true reflection of the debt status of the contracts Obi hurriedly entered just before the end of his tenure.
I had expected Obiano to debunk that N75 Billion naira claim immediately on assumption of office but his sense of Judgement was be clouded by his gratitude to Obi for installing him Governor. Most of us knew from day one that there was no element of truth in that claim of leaving behind N75 Billion when the total cost of the contracts he entered into just from the 2013 budget alone was very close to that amount and he didn't pay upto 30% of the contracts to the contractors. Others were backlogs of uncompleted contracts from the previous years littered all over the state which Obiano chose to complete, these were liabilities.

The bottom line is that Anambra did not take loans from banks as most States under Peter Obi which is commendable especially when he was not really interested in the infrastructural development. Had he taken bank loans the money may still not be accounted for

1 Like

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by Cuche: 7:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
codeworks:

The former Governor Obi’s Special Assistant, Mr Val Obienyem, has stated via e-mail, that Mr Obi not only left 75 billion naira in cash and investments, but also did not leave a single debt for the current administration.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/11/15/anambra-govt-announces-185bn-naira-debt-burden-from-previous-administration/
This Mr Val Obi enyem is doing the job he is being paid for with utmost dedication, but I wonder at what point he lost his conscience especially with this claim of no single debt. It is about Anambra and not the relevance of any individual

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Discovers 44 Mineral Deposits In 500 Locations - Minister / Nigeria Already Crumbling / Funny Photo Of Semi-literate People Who Ruled Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.