Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,627 members, 7,851,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:39 PM

Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka (1232 Views)

Nigerians Feel Less Secure Now Than Under Jonathan, Says Soyinka / I Was Persuaded To Buy Items Looted From Jonathan's House - Trader / Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by Jirate(m): 7:11am On May 31, 2016
NOBEL laureate Prof Wole Soyinka has said it would take time for President Muhammadu Buhari to clear the rot he inherited from his predecessor, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, whose administration, he believed, left a “heavy baggage” and “burden” that may take a while to tackle.

But, the playwright urged President to sustain efforts at improving the economy. He spoke in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The literary icon was scheduled to speak at a public lecture on the theme: Politics, Culture and the New Africa.

He said: “This (Buhari) administration has inherited a heavy baggage. While I am critical in some aspects of the priority, I think that to clear up the mess left by previous administrations is going to take quite a while, especially in the economy sector. So, I don’t use words like optimism or pessimism; I’m just pragmatic. I look at what is on the ground and, of course, wherever I can intervene, I do both privately and publicly.”

Also speaking, another renowned author, Prof Kole Omotoso, said the Buhari administration had tackled a number of things, but added that the President must intensify his effort to alleviate the suffering of the people.

“We are going in the right direction but in the process, we need to do so many things. We need to look at not just the suffering of the people but the way people seem to indulge in bearing suffering. It is as if even if you try to solve the problem for them they will prefer to be suffering and smiling,” Prof Omotoso said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-inherited-burden-jonathan-says-soyinka/

Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 7:18am On May 31, 2016
Good.
Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by funkydislo: 7:20am On May 31, 2016
We know this already.God bless and strengthen PMB.
Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by Jirate(m): 7:21am On May 31, 2016
I look at what is on the ground and, of course, wherever I can intervene, I do both privately and publicly.”

Judging by all that is taking place now, IPOB, MILITANTS and HERDSMEN, Prof, don’t You think it time to speak out, And if possible, stick you neck out?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by kodded(m): 7:29am On May 31, 2016
one year gone and this Yoruba man is still giving excuses for his fulani master

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by mysteriousman(m): 7:32am On May 31, 2016
In time everyone will see the light he was initially blind to what was happening in the government now his perception about PMB has changed.
Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by mrvitalis(m): 7:38am On May 31, 2016
Thanks prof
Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by Jirate(m): 7:47am On May 31, 2016
mysteriousman:
In time everyone will see the light he was initially blind to what was happening in the government now his perception about PMB has changed.

Honestly, I don’t think so; he was speaking from far away Johannesburg, in South Africa. He might have been there for quite a while, wait for something different when he gets back. Buhari is not making any visible impact as far as I am concerned.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by chanezzar0world: 7:49am On May 31, 2016
Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by oduastates: 7:51am On May 31, 2016
That alleviation is the key work and thus us why the government must think outside the box
The cheapest policy is to change the people's behaviour/habit .
Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 7:52am On May 31, 2016
kodded:
this same man led a protest for gej and was imprisoned for his support for Biafra.
use the bundle of grey matter in your skull

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by BlackSEER(m): 7:55am On May 31, 2016
Dementia is a bad disease. This man is not in touch with reality in Nigeria. Nothing is working in this country. High costs of food stuffs ,fuel wahala ,security breaches here and there ,the murderous rampaging of buhari's brothers. it baffle me that some mortals are still supporting this highly incompetent government of Mr Dullard Buhari. Under previous regimes, Nigerians used to smile and suffer but now we are all suffering cos the little smile we used to have has been obliterated by this present hogwash government

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by Maxymilliano(m): 7:58am On May 31, 2016
“For Wole, no one can be good, nor can anything be spot-on politically except that which emanates from him or is ordained by him. His friends and loved ones will always be right and correct, no matter what they do or fail to do. He is surely a better wine connoisseur and a more successful aparo hunter than a political critic.” ... Chief Olusegun Obasanjo
Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by nnachukz(m): 8:04am On May 31, 2016
Yes, including killings by Fulani herdsmen.
Fuel price increments.
Strict FOREX policies that has killed and buried our economy more than fall in crude oil prices has done.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by kodded(m): 8:04am On May 31, 2016
[s]
krazykoons:
this same man led a protest for gej and was imprisoned for his support for Biafra.
use the bundle of grey matter in your skull
[/s]
Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by One1after: 9:03am On May 31, 2016
kodded:

Bigotry cant make you use your brain. Everything is tribe to you, mschew.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by richeso: 9:07am On May 31, 2016
[size=13pt]Pls give it back to GEJ to fix it if you can not fix it.[/size]

am tired of hearing all thisl bullsh.t news.
Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by rusher14: 9:30am On May 31, 2016
richeso:
[size=13pt]Pls give it back to GEJ to fix it if you can not fix it.[/size]

am tired of hearing all thisl bullsh.t news.

To complete the damage no be so?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by richeso: 11:17am On May 31, 2016
rusher14:

To complete the damage no be so?

which damage, abeg park well.. if e damage as you said life no hard like this, now wey e no damage na him u dey feel so na.. nonsense
Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by rusher14: 11:41am On May 31, 2016
richeso:

which damage, abeg park well.. if e damage as you said life no hard like this, now wey e no damage na him u dey feel so na.. nonsense

History does not lie.

Before Jonathan left His government was already borrowing to pay salaries.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by obailala(m): 11:56am On May 31, 2016
Jirate:

Judging by all that is taking place now, IPOB, MILITANTS and HERDSMEN, Prof, don’t You think it time to speak out, And if possible, stick you neck out?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3780991_cdocumentsandsettingsbobezekieldesktopnairalandapcthosewhocanvoteforbuhari_jpeg66611d6a984acf5865f3ef19a612033c
Regarding the image you posted and 'twisted' above, prof soyinka was referring to GEJ in the original statement and never buhari. Some humans are naturally very petty liars.
Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by OLADD: 12:18pm On May 31, 2016
Maxymilliano:
“For Wole, no one can be good, nor can anything be spot-on politically except that which emanates from him or is ordained by him. His friends and loved ones will always be right and correct, no matter what they do or fail to do. He is surely a better wine connoisseur and a more successful aparo hunter than a political critic.” ... Chief Olusegun Obasanjo

You're right. Soyinka is such a pathetic human being who only condemn govt actions depending on who's in power. Nobody needs to embark on endless google search to unearth his hobnobbing with APC. This is a man that closed his eyes from many anti-people policies of APC governors in the Southwest, yet always fumes at anything PDP. I have never seen a sentimental and parochial human being like him. Even if APC/Buhari turns Nigeria upsidedown, Soyinka will always feel at home with them.
Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by richeso: 5:30pm On May 31, 2016
rusher14:

History does not lie.

Before Jonathan left His government was already borrowing to pay salaries.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

May 6 2015, what about before then ? i believe that was few months before election that the APC evil group are doing everything to dagamage all efforts to make the country a better place. how many of our billions was seized abroad ? painfully if you don't know how politics works..you will not understand what happened during the last few months of GEJ.
Re: Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka by Splinz(m): 5:50pm On May 31, 2016
What a sorry ass. Obviously ashamed to own up to the failings of the government he supported. Soyinka sucks!

(1) (Reply)

Great Things The Blacks Can Do Better Than The Whites / Hijab: Wearing Hijab To School Is Never A Problem In Develop Countries. / Photos: 100 Militants Invade Ogun Community, Kill 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.