Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,038 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? (1375 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Why Are Atheist So Annoying / Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by ValentineMary(m): 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
I have come across many believers who claim that no matter what a non believer do, irrespective of his good works, he can't go to heaven (and the funny thing is that we don't even believe in heaven or hell). But the idea is that many believe that non believers are all bad no matter what they do.
Now I ask a question: Should someone be judged based on his personal ideologies or moral conducts? which is more important, praying in some few Latin words or giving that poor beggar by the road side food
Faith has made people greedy, only thinking of their selves. Even when they do a good, they expect a reward from a supreme deity. That would explain why many people stop doing good when their imaginary friend in the sky no longer hears their prayer. But a non believer who does good, would do it only out of pure human compassion not expecting a reward from Santa Claus.
It is very disappointing that young people even think this way. I wonder then kind of adults they would make, irrational conclusion can never solve human problems.
Even if you might remain deluded for the rest of your life, please don't think that everyone that does not share in your delusion is evil. Have a nice day.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
I don't know for them ooooooo
Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
I got introduce to a lady by a lady-friend about 7 years back. We got talking and talked about everything and then she asked the big question; What church do you attend? I said "I'm not a christian" Then she said "Are you are Muslim? " I said no,not religious.She said "Listen,I like you but I love Jesus more,and I will not mingle with the devil" Then she picked up her bag and walked way.

Now she is trying to add me on Facebook and sending messages. I heard she got involved with a guy who was secretly married. She found out and broke up with him after 5 years. For the records,she is mixed raced(English and Jamaican). I personally think Caucasian christian are worse than their black counterparts.

My point is,people of faith often judge people of no faith before they know them.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by johnydon22(m): 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
Because somehow people mistake belief in God to mean morality...

Believing in any deity does not make anybody good or bad ... what makes someone good or bad is the effects of your actions on others...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by ichommy(m): 3:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
Nice point @ OP. 1 feness chai d lady eh. grin Am just speechless for now.
Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by finofaya: 6:16pm On Dec 08, 2015
It just follows. Since God makes us good, one without God is bad. If the atheist can be good without God then God appears weaker and this is undesirable. So the atheist must give way for God.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by HCpaul(m): 8:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
Every knowledge that doesn't retain God is a sin. God is the author of righteousness and the finisher of the same.
You cannot read the bible with your eye and understand because your heart is the eye of understanding.

Jonnydon22 and Ifeness, biblically, can you differentiate between heart, mind and emotions?
Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by johnydon22(m): 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
HCpaul:
Every knowledge that doesn't retain God is a sin.
Well sin is a religious construct that bears no weight on the moral tilt of an action..
So i don't care what your religion considers sin, what is right supersedes every arrogant restriction

God is the author of righteousness and the finisher of the same.
Yes the one that drowns everything because they didn't work the way it planned..
i can see what righteousness means and i can tell you it is not for me

You cannot read the bible with your eye and understand because your heart is the eye of understanding.
The part of the brain we refer to as heart in terms of volition is the part in charge of emotions.

Our emotions should never be a determinant to truthful deductions. .

we should judge ourselves by the sincerity of our questions and the depth of our answer and our ability to agree with what is true rather than what feels good or what we so bad want to be true

Jonnydon22 and Ifeness, biblically, can you differentiate between heart, mind and emotions?
I don't need the bible to give my idea of these concepts. I am far more developed than the people who wrote the bible or any other primitive religious book.

Mind: The totality of the volition of a conscious entity

Heart and emotions in this context is no different from the other like i explained above.

Unless you mean the organ that pumps your blood.. lol...

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by HCpaul(m): 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
johnydon22:
Well sin is a religious construct that bears no weight on the moral tilt of an action..
So i don't care what your religion considers sin, what is right supersedes every arrogant restriction

Yes the one that drowns everything because they didn't work the way it planned..

The part of the brain we refer to as heart in terms of volition is the part in charge of emotions.

we should judge ourselves by the sincerity of our questions and the depth of our answer and our ability to agree with what is true rather than what feels good or what we so bad want to be true

I don't need the bible to give my idea of these concepts. I am far more developed than the people who wrote the bible or any other primitive religious book.

Heart and emotions in this context is no different from the other like i explained above.

I have a point that i want you to note, but i will create a new thread and post the link here.
Shalom!!! But you are not developed than the apostles as you may think.
I will also use that to create a new thread.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by johnydon22(m): 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2015
HCpaul:

I have a point that i want you to note, but i will create a new thread and post the link here.
Shalom!!! But you are not developed than the apostles as you may think.
I will also use that to create a new thread.
You know me well if the thread i find not to worth my time, i won't waste my time commenting on it.

And yes i am far more developed than your apostles even though the apostles didn't write any biblical test contrary to the tradition you may hold dear that they did

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by bytemeister(m): 12:09am On Dec 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Gbam! Lols killed it as usual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by edogho(m): 8:31am On Dec 10, 2015
HQpaul, u want to draw Johnydon into argument?

I just pity u... Cos when he's through with u, u'll doubt if u still want to go to church on Sunday morning.

He will just use logic scatter ur bible for u...

for d records, no religion can tame d wolves in man. A bad man remains a bad man

Shikena
Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by cloudgoddess(f): 8:34am On Dec 10, 2015
johnydon22:

you just shut it down grin could not have said this any better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by HCpaul(m): 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
edogho:
HQpaul, u want to draw Johnydon into argument?

I just pity u... Cos when he's through with u, u'll doubt if u still want to go to church on Sunday morning.

He will just use logic scatter ur bible for u...

for d records, no religion can tame d wolves in man. A bad man remains a bad man

Shikena

He too knows me wella.
The bible is the author of logic and that is why he became an atheist because of the mystery of the word.

I wish i meet jonnydon in real life, and i will abolish all the atheistic mental awareness.
Afterall, he was once a christian but i have never been an atheist.

He is nothing but a backslider. I can preach to a sinner but not a backslider from the christian faith.
Their greatest argument on nairaland is their greatest expression of foolishness.
Nigeria atheism is a religion, a doctrine, and entirely different from foreign standards.
There are no real atheists in Nigeria, not to talk of nairaland.
Bill Gate is somehow an atheist, but you will never find him debating about the existence of God.
He even allow his wife and children to go to church, and sometimes he himself.
He often goes because he has alot to do on a sunday morning and was busy on his allocation on time resources.

You can't meet an atheist offline in Nigeria because they are always taught the techniques of hidden an identity.

There was atheist in the days of Jesus too, but Jesus never recorgnized them as such.
They requested for signs and many other evidence, but Jesus realized that the children of perdition must surely be destroyed.
Am not surprise that people disbelief in the existence of Jesus, because when he himself manifested in the human form on earth, people still disbelief.

Have you ever see Isaac Newton? You believe in his existence and personality because he satisfy your carnality.

Is not God you hate but his ways, nature, and commandments.

Am also not surprise that you live and die... You are not fit for life.

By the way, am HCpaul and not HQpaul.
Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by pesty100(m): 5:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
johnydon22:
You know me well if the thread i find not to worth my time, i won't waste my time commenting on it.

And yes i am far more developed than your apostles even though the apostles didn't write any biblical test contrary to the tradition you may hold dear that they did
which phone do you use
Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by johnydon22(m): 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
pesty100:
which phone do you use
Tecno G9
Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by edogho(m): 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
HCpaul:

He too knows me wella.
The bible is the author of logic and that is why he became an atheist because of the mystery of the word.

I wish i meet jonnydon in real life, and i will abolish all the atheistic mental awareness.
Afterall, he was once a christian but i have never been an atheist.

He is nothing but a backslider. I can preach to a sinner but not a backslider from the christian faith.
Their greatest argument on nairaland is their greatest expression of foolishness.
Nigeria atheism is a religion, a doctrine, and entirely different from foreign standards.
There are no real atheists in Nigeria, not to talk of nairaland.
Bill Gate is somehow an atheist, but you will never find him debating about the existence of God.
He even allow his wife and children to go to church, and sometimes he himself.
He often goes because he has alot to do on a sunday morning and was busy on his allocation on time resources.

You can't meet an atheist offline in Nigeria because they are always taught the techniques of hidden an identity.

There was atheist in the days of Jesus too, but Jesus never recorgnized them as such.
They requested for signs and many other evidence, but Jesus realized that the children of perdition must surely be destroyed.
Am not surprise that people disbelief in the existence of Jesus, because when he himself manifested in the human form on earth, people still disbelief.

Have you ever see Isaac Newton? You believe in his existence and personality because he satisfy your carnality.

Is not God you hate but his ways, nature, and commandments.

Am also not surprise that you live and die... You are not fit for life.

By the way, am HCpaul and not HQpaul.

Forgive my mistake HCpaul, but all u just typed was a joke.

Seriously? Logic, d bible?

Johnydon doesn't want to engage u else? Like u don't know him well but never let him welcome u to d religion section of dis forum else...

don't ever tell me again dat d bible is a basis or authority on logic, I beg u.

I'm still wondering y u got so much likes n shares for a joke.
Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by HCpaul(m): 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
edogho:

Johnydon doesn't want to engage u else? Like u don't know him well but never let him welcome u to d religion section of dis forum else...

Ok. Am heading to shiloh and i can't invest my time here with the saducees.
I wish that i see jonnydon in real life, and if he doesn't acknowledge the truth, then i will stop being a christian.
Tell him to take up the challenge cuz am always limited to typing here.

Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by vooks: 9:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
1feness:
I got introduce to a lady by a lady-friend about 7 years back. We got talking and talked about everything and then she asked the big question; What church do you attend? I said "I'm not a christian" Then she said "Are you are Muslim? " I said no,not religious.She said "Listen,I like you but I love Jesus more,and I will not mingle with the devil" Then she picked up her bag and walked way.

Now she is trying to add me on Facebook and sending messages. I heard she got involved with a guy who was secretly married. She found out and broke up with him after 5 years. For the records,she is mixed raced(English and Jamaican). I personally think Caucasian christian are worse than their black counterparts.

My point is,people of faith often judge people of no faith before they know them.

How relevant is her race to your point?
You really had to let the world know a goddess winked at you and then dumped you like a worthless piece of crap but then to damage control you have to remind the world how she erred and landed in trouble because she lost you?

We have many kids on NL....far too many
Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by vooks: 9:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
[size=1pt]
ValentineMary:
I have come across many believers who claim that no matter what a non believer do, irrespective of his good works, he can't go to heaven (and the funny thing is that we don't even believe in heaven or hell). But the idea is that many believe that non believers are all bad no matter what they do.
Now I ask a question: Should someone be judged based on his personal ideologies or moral conducts? which is more important, praying in some few Latin words or giving that poor beggar by the road side food
Faith has made people greedy, only thinking of their selves. Even when they do a good, they expect a reward from a supreme deity. That would explain why many people stop doing good when their imaginary friend in the sky no longer hears their prayer. But a non believer who does good, would do it only out of pure human compassion not expecting a reward from Santa Claus.
It is very disappointing that young people even think this way. I wonder then kind of adults they would make, irrational conclusion can never solve human problems.
Even if you might remain deluded for the rest of your life, please don't think that everyone that does not share in your delusion is evil. Have a nice day.
[/size]
Atheists are as moral or otherwise as the next SOB.

Their morality or lack thereof has no logical basis
Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by edogho(m): 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
[quote author=HCpaul post=40885125][/quote]

ok boss, but don't say I didn't warn u o....

ijeoma on ur Shiloh journey but stop hating on ur fellow African cos of an imported shiit, I'm no saducee or whatever...

if u invite me to ur church, if I av time, I'll come play wif u guys but don't refer me as a saducee, my forefathers ain't one neither I'm I
Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by ValentineMary(m): 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
vooks:
[size=1pt][/size]
Atheists are as moral or otherwise as the next SOB.

Their morality or lack thereof has no logical basis
And the logic behind ur morality is that if u don't do good you would go to hell. That would mean that remove the concept of hell and u end up a serial killer. That would also mean u don't actually have a good moral standing. You just fear hell.
Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by johnydon22(m): 9:32pm On Dec 10, 2015
edogho:

HCpaul i live and stay in Enugu, if you ever want to debate me live the am ok with that.

As long as we are going to film the whole thing and share on nairaland
Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by johnydon22(m): 9:36pm On Dec 10, 2015
ValentineMary:
And the logic behind ur morality is that if u don't do good you would go to hell. That would mean that remove the concept of hell and u end up a serial killer. That would also mean u don't actually have a good moral standing. You just fear hell.
Be very mindful and scared of anybody who thinks he has no reason to do good to a fellow human or encourage societal well being except because he has an angry invisible man somewhere in the sky who wants to torture him forever if he doesn't do it.

Be very careful of such individual

be scared of such person

Because if he ever sometime thinks otherwise (remove the angry invisible torturer) then such person might murder you without thinking.

I am always terrified when i see people who think they have no reason to be good unless they are vying for a reward or trying to escape a punishment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by edogho(m): 10:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
johnydon22:

HCpaul i live and stay in Enugu, if you ever want to debate me live the am ok with that.

As long as we are going to film the whole thing and share on nairaland

Guy, cool down...

No award to give either of u o
Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by johnydon22(m): 10:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
edogho:

Guy, cool down...

No award to give either of u o
its not about award, he wants to convert me. he can have that chance
Re: Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? by ValentineMary(m): 6:14am On Dec 11, 2015
johnydon22:

Be very mindful and scared of anybody who thinks he has no reason to do good to a fellow human or encourage societal well being except because he has an angry invisible man somewhere in the sky who wants to torture him forever if he doesn't do it.

Be very careful of such individual

be scared of such person

Because if he ever sometime thinks otherwise (remove the angry invisible torturer) then such person might murder you without thinking.

I am always terrified when i see people who think they have no reason to be good unless they are vying for a reward or trying to escape a punishment
That is very true bro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

RCCG 2016 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Highlights Of The Night Of Bliss Johannesburg 2016 (part I) / Man Dances Heavily, Performs Stunts While Giving Offering In Church(Pic+Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.