Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt (14142 Views)

Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets / Food Scarcity And Increased Suffering In Households. / Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by otokx(m): 4:30am On Nov 17, 2015
yomi007k:

I'm not APC..

But it says they have not been paid since January this year. Was Apc in power in january?

PDP really mismanaged Nigeria with so much debt.
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by lasisi69(f): 4:39am On Nov 17, 2015
Walkopet:
News reaching me here dat a guy namely Lasisi Raufu just escaped from Yaba left, I guess ure d one, guys pls stop giving Lasisi69 attention. D guy na #Osa l'aro.

No thanks to mtn who dashed u 10mb. undecided
cause u don't get attention... Sorry
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by shegra58: 4:55am On Nov 17, 2015
Beehshorp:
When will we start getting good news under Buhari's administration.. Am so tired of vix shii..

Some apc e-maggots would quote me now but guess what I aint gonna bother reading em cos they av decided to be blinded by dat "end time" party
go back to read this post the problem started from January this year so that mean this is one of GEJ mess that PMB need to clear.....Let's be real even at once and stop propaganda
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by christinie(f): 5:33am On Nov 17, 2015
Buhari has really come with change.

Yes he changed everything good to bad.

By the time there is prison break in the prisons these former sai buhari chanters will recognise their mistakes.

Buhari's brain is indeed dead.

No Ministers for 6 months.

How did he expect to rule a country of 250m people all by himself?

Buhari should be impeached so that Nigeria can bounce back to life.

NB: I won't be reading silly quotes here.

Thanks.
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by Nobody: 5:42am On Nov 17, 2015
laurel03:
Na Only God fit help ds country
grin...everywhere you go is corruption within the confines of this country...even prison too...
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by Ndeewonu: 5:48am On Nov 17, 2015
Change means different things to different people!

It is unheard of that barely seven months into change, Nigeria's new government cannot feed her prisoners? One m0r0n will soon start blaming another person for someone else's idiocy and lack of vision.
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by Reference(m): 5:57am On Nov 17, 2015
charix:

On topic: In a country with churches and mosques dotting every street corner fighting for converts and everybody magically turns into a saint on the sabbath day, let's see how many NGOs and philanthropic-minded individuals would rise to the occasion and cook free foods even if not sufficient but something these prisoners can eat daily to sustain themselves.

Bunkum. Are they not kept there by government. If government cannot feed them they should release them. The church operates in a totally different way. In the business of repentance and forgiveness. How do these meet.
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 17, 2015
Reference:

Bunkum. Are they not kept there by government. If government cannot feed them they should release them. The church operates in a totally different way. In the business of repentance and forgiveness. How do these meet.
I am not blaming the chuches or mosques for anything - I am blaming the average Nigerian. What I mean is the proliferation of religious institutions is meant to soften our hearts to the plight of others; in this case people imprisoned with dwindling food supplies.

If you do not know, most of the immigrants coming into European nations were fed by compassionate volunteers who showed mercy on their circumstance. Here, I find it hard to believe members of the public would replicate the same gesture.
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:22am On Nov 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
Even men for inside Angola dey feel the changi. grin

Firefire, TonyeBarcanista and MizMyColi how una dey see am? cheesy
Our prisoners are feeling the #Change grin

1 Like

Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by Firefire(m): 6:36am On Nov 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Our prisoners are feeling the #Change grin

Going to prison for free meal is not even an option again?

Na wa for this government of professional liars oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by Ndeewonu: 6:39am On Nov 17, 2015
charix:

I am not blaming the chuches or mosques for anything - I am blaming the average Nigerian. What I mean is the proliferation of religious institutions is meant to soften our hearts to the plight of others; in this case people imprisoned with dwindling food supplies.

If you do not know, most of the immigrants coming into European nations were fed by compassionate volunteers who showed mercy on their circumstance. Here, I find it hard to believe members of the public would replicate the same gesture.

While I wholly agree with you that the present- church has failed Christ in ALL ramifications, I TOTALLY DISAGREE with you that the church should be primarily responsible for feeding prisoners. The church did it in Osun as a palliative when the governor failed to pay workers their salaries for months, a people commended that gesture.

Let us call a spade a spade. The late appointment of ministers by Buhari has largely contributed to this neglect. Put the blame where it belongs, don't try to parry it.
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:44am On Nov 17, 2015
Firefire:

Going to prison for free meal is not even an option again?

Na wa for this government of professional liars oooo
Hahahaha grin

2 Likes

Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by thundafire: 7:00am On Nov 17, 2015
food scarcity 4rm contractors after giving dy prisoners food dat a dog would nt eat dis country needs a long way 2 go
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by franklingud(m): 7:08am On Nov 17, 2015
Oya inmates, make una start riot, scatter everywhere, burn every police station.
Hunger no go kill una oo!
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by damton(m): 7:43am On Nov 17, 2015
remember007:
Seems you are an ex convict undecided

Is there anything wrong about it
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by 400billionman: 7:48am On Nov 17, 2015
God is in control..

grin
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by Bflexing(m): 7:56am On Nov 17, 2015
F*CK!!! Buhari inherited a lot of problems.
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 17, 2015
so, they want to sentence them to death.
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 17, 2015
damton:

Is there anything wrong about it
NOOOO grin
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by damton(m): 8:43am On Nov 17, 2015
remember007:
NOOOO grin
would you accompany me next time I'm going there
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 17, 2015
damton:

would you accompany me next time I'm going there
GOD FORBID
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by damton(m): 9:01am On Nov 17, 2015
remember007:
GOD FORBID

so this is how life is.
I thought a Friend in need is a friend indeed.
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 17, 2015
damton:

so this is how life is.
I thought a Friend in need is a friend indeed.
no be me and you go follo gooo grin grin cheesy
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by billyG(m): 9:48am On Nov 17, 2015
#6billn gini?How can they b using gas to cook for damned prisoners,why cnt prisoners farm for their food,what happen to prison farm?i smell corruption.we cnt b using tax payers money 2 feed those jailbird let dem farm their food.
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by esonuu(m): 9:49am On Nov 17, 2015
Chai naija, which way? Boko is striking, fuel scarcity evry where,bad roads evrywhere,nw is hunger..e be lyk say i go begin make arrangements on hw to travel to YANKEE
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by Bimpe29: 9:50am On Nov 17, 2015
Ha! Yawa go dey. Prison break every where in Naija
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by BABANGBALI: 10:07am On Nov 17, 2015
this is the best time to send vickyrotex to where she truly belongs
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by damton(m): 10:28am On Nov 17, 2015
remember007:
no be me and you go follo gooo grin grin cheesy

ok. change of mind, let's go on outing to the cinema. how about that
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by mosjames: 11:12am On Nov 17, 2015
I guess government is owing everyone
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by Ephemmm: 11:14am On Nov 17, 2015
Beehshorp:
When will we start getting good news under Buhari's administration.. Am so tired of vix shii..

Some apc e-maggots would quote me now but guess what I aint gonna bother reading em cos they av decided to be blinded by dat "end time" party

'The contractors stated that they have not been paid for the supply of food items and gas to the prisons since January this year'

Read una no go read: you guys know nothing when it comes to intelligent reasoning and write up.
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 17, 2015
damton:

ok. change of mind, let's go on outing to the cinema. how about that
hmmm nice idea smiley
Re: Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt by damton(m): 11:30am On Nov 17, 2015
remember007:
hmmm nice idea smiley
so what do I get in return

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edikaikong / I Just Bought A Kg Of Cooking Gas For N1300. Am I Still In Nigeria? / How To Make Nigeria Chin Chin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.