Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. (7501 Views)

9 Struggles Men Go Through Ladies Will Never Understand / How Some Ladies Are Destroying Their Marriage Without Knowing / The Unspoken Truth: Why Women Hate Each Other So Damn Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Pidggin(f): 1:29am On Nov 18, 2015
OP, all what you typed in your post is your own personal view, I personally think it is complete nonsense. FYI do not mention my post because I have no intention of replying small minded people like you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by SAMBARRY: 7:11am On Nov 18, 2015
Maximus85:

Chimamanda Adichie Warns Not To be Called 'Mrs' But 'Miss'
Y'all should read this interview, this woman disregarded our culture and values. She wants to do what she wants and is telling other women the same.https://www.naij.com/60868.html
for choosing how she wants to be adressed? wink
Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by SAMBARRY: 7:13am On Nov 18, 2015
Its brain hasn't developed to that level as cococandy was implying. You don't dignify fools with intelligence grin grin

IndianaJay:

@Op....Try not to take offence but I have a few questions.

Why in God's name would any normal human being want to dominate another person??

What do people do with this domination they seek??

Can marriage not work without dominance?

Does it make you feel better about yourself? Does it feel your ego? Does it make you feel more like a man??

Every human being is on earth for a reason, a woman is not property to be dominated, the same way your mother and father invested in you, trained you as a human being is the same way her parents did too, why then do you think the best way to be happy as a man with a woman is by dominating her??

Look....marriages that work out and last as long are marriages where the man is a friend to his wife, he cares for her like a father and a brother and she respects him as such.

Mutual respect, understanding, true friendship, love, thoughtfulness, are some of the keys to long lasting healthy relationships, not by dominating your woman and not allowing her be her own person.

Sit there and be looking for who to dominate, afterall women don't have people too, they were plucked from orange trees, so they can't want to be their own person, someone must always dominate a woman for her to be useful to society.

A dominated/oppressed woman is a woman who will grow to resent you as time goes by.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by SAMBARRY: 7:15am On Nov 18, 2015
bukatyne:

@Bold:
1. Is a woman earning more than her husband = to her competing with him?
2. Do you know the ratio of women who earn more than their husbands?
ahen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by SAMBARRY: 7:17am On Nov 18, 2015
Women must be in a vulnerable position for them to feel good grin
MrsPhyno:

Lol truth ke? Na nonsense I dey read for here o. @bolded, Speak for urself or at least say some. There's nothing said about women amassing wealth in the Bible and those are my rules to live by not some NLers misguided viewpoints, no offense.

Make sure you marry as poor a woman as possible okay so she will not be any where close to competition for u. grin

And if I may ask, what of those women that didn't make their own money per se, like they have their family money that they are inheriting or they're from an extremely wealthy background. What happens to them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by SAMBARRY: 7:22am On Nov 18, 2015
grin grin
cococandy:
Look at the kind of posh reply you're giving to that wack sick post. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 18, 2015
coolzeal:
The parts of Christianity that are supposedly "oppressive" are mostly taken out of context passages that urged early Christians to respect the temporal/natural order as understood at the time in the physical world and not to defy the existing social structure two millennial ago. This is 21st century and you need to make adjustment to the reality of life: That men and women are equal and at such, respect is reciprocal to both sexes.
bros mi abeg chop kiss infact nah french kiss oo.no mind dem boys wey wan make women worship them more than God yet they wunt hav any iota of respect for d woman.infact bros mi i wish u a very very homely and respectful wife cos u deserve am.AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by coolzeal(m): 9:08am On Nov 18, 2015
duchess25:

bros mi abeg chop kiss infact nah french kiss oo.no mind dem boys wey wan make women worship them more than God yet they wunt hav any iota of respect for d woman.infact bros mi i wish u a very very homely and respectful wife cos u deserve am.AMEN
That ur French kiss go over sweet ooh infact make i quickly go brush Lol.. Thanks for the wishes my dear.. They say he that found a wife has found a good thing but we still dey pray and as u take bless me God go bless u too.. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Maximus85(m): 10:27am On Nov 18, 2015
SAMBARRY:
for choosing how she wants to be adressed? wink

Typical Nigerian, if you want to hide an information from them, write it down, they won't read.
Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by SAMBARRY: 10:30am On Nov 18, 2015
Maximus85:

Typical Nigerian, if you want to hide an information from them, write it down, they won't read.
typical Nigerian man wink

Always looking for someone to dominate to feel good wink

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Maximus85(m): 10:33am On Nov 18, 2015
duchess25:

Am I surprised? Hell No.
Now get it. We aren't saying women should worship us. All we are saying is that a woman needs to kill her ego if ever she wants to get a good man and marriage. If you want to do things the way you want - disregarding the man's stand, you are on your own and may God help you. No matter how patient the man is, a day will come, I mean a bad day will come that he wouldn't be the mumu you've known him to be. If unar don marry, na that day you go pack your load.

This thing will always be there. It's in us and your girls, ladies and women must accept it. Then you can have us under your whatever.
Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Maximus85(m): 10:37am On Nov 18, 2015
SAMBARRY:
typical Nigerian man wink

Always looking for someone to dominate to feel good wink

It's not our fault ooo and we are never always wanting to dominate but once we want to, you shouldn't bring your own ego to the fore.
Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Maximus85(m): 10:39am On Nov 18, 2015
coolzeal:
That ur French kiss go over sweet ooh infact make i quickly go brush Lol.. Thanks for the wishes my dear.. They say he that found a wife has found a good thing but we still dey pray and as u take bless me God go bless u too.. Amen.

Naija na wah. This French kiss na hm dey make you gbagaun like this?

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 18, 2015
Maximus85:

Am I surprised? Hell No.
Now get it. We aren't saying women should worship us. All we are saying is that a woman needs to kill her ego if ever she wants to get a good man and marriage. If you want to do things the way you want - disregarding the man's stand, you are on your own and may God help you. No matter how patient the man is, a day will come, I mean a bad day will come that he wouldn't be the mumu you've known him to be. If unar don marry, na that day you go pack your load.

This thing will always be there. It's in us and your girls, ladies and women must accept it. Then you can have us under your whatever.
bros no come and spoil my french kiss with coolzeal nah.lol. abeg in coolzeal's voice *respect is reciprocal* so forget dis african guy's mentality and do d right thing cos wen u treat a woman with respect i swear the lady will treat u like a king buh bro if u treat her anyhow hehehe she go treat u like sh.t esp the ones who gat some self respect not d begi begi ones
Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Maximus85(m): 10:56am On Nov 18, 2015
Pidggin:
OP, all what you typed in your post is your own personal view, I personally think it is complete nonsense. FYI do not mention my post because I have no intention of replying small minded people like you.

You call my view nonsense and you want to go scot-free? You so wish.

But on a second thought, I'd apologise if my post offends you. We just want to reach a compromise. Women should know and understand our wiring while we man will also do all our best to know and understand you guys so that there can be peace.

But, it's a man's world and there are facts that must be accepted even if it's not comfortable. That's how we can continue to live in peace together.

As bad as it sounds, it is a man's world. Nothing can change that. That's how we are made. But good men know that they can do nothing without a good woman. Now, what makes her good? She's supportive and will never try compete with him in anyway or make decisions without consulting him. And when she couldn't reach him and takes a decision, she explains respectfully.

When a man asks for your opinion, it's out of respect, love and recognition. But when a woman asks for her husband's opinion, she's obligated to do so, it's out of respect for the man as the head.

Some times, we men think so stupidly and a good wife wouldn't point out his stupidity with sarcasm or showing she's wiser. She politely and respectfully give her own opinion and if the man wouldn't listen, a good wife will follow him anyways. And when they hit a wall, she wouldn't say "see? I told you this won't work" instead a good wife will kindly, ask him what's next and ask if they could give her own Idea a try. You don't force it on him, he'd feel condemned.

A woman that can't do these, is not even ready to find a good man not to talk of marriage.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by coolzeal(m): 10:59am On Nov 18, 2015
Maximus85:

Naija na wah. This French kiss na hm dey make you gbagaun like this?
I was shown love and returning such favor is the least i could do. Just being appreciative.
Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Maximus85(m): 11:00am On Nov 18, 2015
duchess25:

bros no come and spoil my french kiss with coolzeal nah.lol. abeg in coolzeal's voice *respect is reciprocal* so forget dis african guy's mentality and do d right thing cos wen u treat a woman with respect i swear the lady will treat u like a king buh bro if u treat her anyhow hehehe she go treat u like sh.t esp the ones who gat some self respect not d begi begi ones

True African guy's mentality will always be African. Western mentality will teach you gay and lesbian mentality. Where a child can arrest his parents cos they spanked him.
Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by coolzeal(m): 11:09am On Nov 18, 2015
Maximus85:

True African guy's mentality will always be African. Western mentality will teach you gay and lesbian mentality. Where a child can arrest his parents cos they spanked him.
Cultures and traditions differs and ours has shown that, same sex relationship is an abomination though, few people will disagree with that. Now the topic is about respect, ego's and superiority between men and women in a relationship. Notions of superiority and egos are morbid, in men or women. And, notions of putting people "on track" are morbid, too. Let people be whatever they want to be. Don't be afraid of differences in human visions. There is no good in the imposition of one vision onto all others. That is fascism and intolerance. Just seek the company of those you admire and stay out of other people's business. Protect people's right to pursue happiness in their own way rather than struggle and waste your life with some miserable notion that you cannot be happy unless everyone lives and believes as you do..

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Eketem: 11:40am On Nov 18, 2015
Ehnnn poster, it seems you have never read Galatians 3.13 if you had then your whole curse/ dominance theory would have been bullshit.

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

By Christ dying he took away every single curse of humanity including the curse of the garden of Eden. Even though I don't do religion abeg don't mislead your fellow Christians. There is no curse you peeps have been redeemed.

Poster stupid argument.

If you have any shitty low esteem chauvinistic theory to turn out abeg write it on a paper and give your mother and sisters

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Maximus85(m): 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2015
coolzeal:
Cultures and traditions differs and ours has shown that, same sex relationship is an abomination though, few people will disagree with that. Now the topic is about respect, ego's and superiority between men and women in a relationship. Notions of superiority and egos are morbid, in men or women. And, notions of putting people "on track" are morbid, too. Let people be whatever they want to be. Don't be afraid of differences in human visions. There is no good in the imposition of one vision onto all others. That is fascism and intolerance. Just seek the company of those you admire and stay out of other people's business. Protect people's right to pursue happiness in their own way rather than struggle and waste your life with some miserable notion that you cannot be happy unless everyone lives and believes as you do..

@bolded well said. You've made your point. Now, go in peace. It's my choice if I want to waste my life on this notion that is miserable to you.

Just one male supported the normal female view. So, I got what I expected when starting this thread.

All the same, thanks for your wise contribution and choice of words.
Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by loshybab(m): 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2015
MsBliss:

Humility is a rare gift.
God bless u dear,u got dt rare gift!
Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by loshybab(m): 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2015
MsBliss:

Humility is a rare gift.
Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Maximus85(m): 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2015
Eketem:
Ehnnn poster, it seems you have never read Galatians 3.13 if you had then your whole curse/ dominance theory would have been bullshit.

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

By Christ dying he took away every single curse of humanity including the curse of the garden of Eden. Even though I don't do religion abeg don't mislead your fellow Christians. There is no curse you peeps have been redeemed.

Poster stupid argument.

If you have any shitty low esteem chauvinistic theory to turn out abeg write it on a paper and give your mother and sisters

I'm so moved to flush you the same way but I won't. You just need to be educated. What you said is according to these thieves calling themselves pastors. Telling you the sweet things so that you will continue giving them part of your salary every monthend.

Now, let's go back to all the curses on man in the garden of Eden and let's see the ones you said the death of Jesus has removed.

Genesis 3:16-19
To the woman he said,
“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”
17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

Madam, please in the name of God, how many of these curses has ceased since the death of Christ. If you can't answer, just give your pastor a quick call.

The death of Christ has given us JUST A CHANCE AND HOPE OF SALVATION. IT IS NOT AUTHOMATIC.

I'd love to hear from you soon.

Shallom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by MsBliss(f): 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
loshybab:

lol ,my face Dan red finish. ayam blushing grin
Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by 5minsmadness: 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
A man is built innately for war. He is physical, aggressive, adventurous and a natural provider.

A woman is built innately for comfort. She is emotional, a nurturer, a supporter, a homemaker.

A man is built naturally to dominate his woman. This isn't a bad thing as feminists would have us believe. It simply means the woman is under the man's care. He is to love and protect her. He is to make decisions that will better her ad improve on her life. He is her guardian, her keeper, her right arm, her strength.
This is dominion.
This is a man's love.
This is a man's natural tendency.
A normal, level headed woman would naturally submit to this.
Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Maximus85(m): 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2015
5minsmadness:
A man is built innately for war. He is physical, aggressive, adventurous and a natural provider.

A woman is built innately for comfort. She is emotional, a nurturer, a supporter, a homemaker.

A man is built naturally to dominate his woman. This isn't a bad thing as feminists would have us believe. It simply means the woman is under the man's care. He is to love and protect her. He is to make decisions that will better her ad improve on her life. He is her guardian, her keeper, her right arm, her strength.
This is dominion.
This is a man's love.
This is a man's natural tendency.
A normal, level headed woman would naturally submit to this.

They will attack you.
Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by 5minsmadness: 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2015
Maximus85:

They will attack you.
Lol
I'm not quite sure about that but if they do its nothing new.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by zeb04(f): 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2015
maximus so you would quote some part of the bible because it pleases your ego and forget the rest because you can't accept it.

Christ has redeemed us from any cuss(me and you) so why do you still want to be cussed.

I think you just don't have self esteem, your problem is beyond man and woman affairs. just work on your confidence.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by coolzeal(m): 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2015
Maximus85:

@bolded well said. You've made your point. Now, go in peace. It's my choice if I want to waste my life on this notion that is miserable to you.

Just one male supported the normal female view. So, I got what I expected when starting this thread.

All the same, thanks for your wise contribution and choice of words.
No, you're misunderstanding my comment. The miserable notion wasn't referring to you. It's just a metaphor..

Anyway, you played out some brilliant points which are quite convincing too. You must be a good lawyer..
Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Eketem: 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2015
Maximus85:

I'm so moved to flush you the same way but I won't. You just need to be educated. What you said is according to these thieves calling themselves pastors. Telling you the sweet things so that you will continue giving them part of your salary every monthend.

Now, let's go back to all the curses on man in the garden of Eden and let's see the ones you said the death of Jesus has removed.

Genesis 3:16-19
To the woman he said,
“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”
17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

Madam, please in the name of God, how many of these curses has ceased since the death of Christ. If you can't answer, just give your pastor a quick call.

The death of Christ has given us JUST A CHANCE AND HOPE OF SALVATION. IT IS NOT AUTHOMATIC.

I'd love to hear from you soon.

Shallom

So the writer of Galatians is now a thief calling himself a pastor Lmao.

Please read Galatians 3:13 abegiiii it is clear for who really wantd to read it said "All " curses " Every" curse it wasn't selective. But I am sure to convince yourself of " dominance " you can abuse the Bible writers that don't support your crude logic. As I said go and dominante your mother oga case closed

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Maximus85(m): 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
Eketem:

So the writer of Galatians is now a thief calling himself a pastor Lmao.

Please read Galatians 3:13 abegiiii it is clear for who really wantd to read it said "All " curses " Every" curse it wasn't selective. But I am sure to convince yourself of " dominance " you can abuse the Bible writers that don't support your crude logic. As I said go and dominante your mother oga case closed

My mother? Her husband is well educated, same as her and they both understand what it means to dominate and submit. Shame on you for mentioning my mother. It shows how much you respect your own mother and how people will respect you if by the grace of God you ever become a worthy mother.

Tell us, are you married? If yes! How happy is your home?

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. by Maximus85(m): 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
zeb04:
maximus so you would quote some part of the bible because it pleases your ego and forget the rest because you can't accept it.

Christ has redeemed us from any cuss(me and you) so why do you still want to be cussed.

I think you just don't have self esteem, your problem is beyond man and woman affairs. just work on your confidence.

Christ didn't redeem you from nothing. All he did was give you a chance to be Redeemed. It's left to you to grab the chance. All the pronouncements of God is still intact. Women still giving birth in pains, men still sweat to eat, we still get sick, death is still there. So tell me what I don't know. Jesus is not stupid, if his death means an automatic redemption, people will still go back to sin, his death would have been a joke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marriage Is A Bondage / Should A Wife Join Cash And Effort To Build House/business With Her Husband. / How Can I Get Mtn "yello Christmas" Song?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.