Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

How To Secure Your Facebook Account From Being Hacked - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Secure Your Facebook Account From Being Hacked (888 Views)

New Method Yahoo Boys Are Using To Hack Your Facebook Account / 5 Ways To Avoid Being Hacked. / 10 Ways To Protect Your Computer And Phone From Being Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Secure Your Facebook Account From Being Hacked by Raphoeworld: 11:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
Hello guys! Today I want to show you how you can secure your Facebook account from being hacked by all these bad boys out there.
As hacking of social media accounts is everywhere now, some of these bad guys hacked series of accounts and link them with their sites to show their posts on the accounts owners‘timeline thereby generating traffic to their sites.
But this seems nothing if only they can be posting educative articles, but all they will be publishing are posts full of nudity which can thereby paint the owners of the accounts black.
So in this article, I will be showing you how you can secure your Facebook account from these hackers by the following steps;

Go to www.facebook.com on your browser and login to access your account.
On the Home menu, look for ‘settings’ option and click to open the settings menu.
On the settings menu look for 'security' option on the left hand side and click.

The ‘security settings’ option will bring out some options, but you only need to edit three (3) options that are;

(i) Login Alerts;
This part deals with you receiving notifications if anyone logs into your account with unknown browser. So, what you need doing in this session is to click ‘Get notification’ with either your phone number or your email address.

(ii) Login Approvals;
This part deals with your account requesting for security code for it to be accessed. So what you need doing here is to click ‘Require security code to access my account’. But before you do that try check if you are using your real phone number on your account as the security code will be always sent to you via your mobile phone for you to fully access your account.

(iii) Your Browser & App;
This part is about you registering a particular browser with your account, so anytime you login with this registered browser you need not any security code to fully access your account. The importance of this part is that unregistered device or browser cannot access your account without security code.

Save all these settings and watch your Facebook account secured.

N.B: If your account has been hacked already and you want to get rid of their posts from your wall, simply change your account password and follow the options displayed by Facebook to get rid of unwanted activities from your account.

That’s all
Read more>>>>http://www.panstech.com/2015/11/how-to-secure-your-facebook-account-from-being-hacked.html
Re: How To Secure Your Facebook Account From Being Hacked by sholikay(m): 12:33am On Nov 17, 2015
this is really cool and helpful..those facebook acct hackers are so lackadaisical..i mean,posting obscene videos and images via ur username.

1 Like

Re: How To Secure Your Facebook Account From Being Hacked by Raphoeworld: 6:36am On Nov 17, 2015
Those Guys are really bad, posting nude pics on pastor's wall....

(1) (Reply)

Are You In Kaduna? This Is For You / Help Please I Poured Coke On My Laptop. / How To Format A Laptop, Please Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.