Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch (17060 Views)

Nationwide Blackout Imminent As Power Generation Falls Below 3,000MW / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by Firefire(m): 1:38am On Nov 17, 2015
The country’s electricity transmission grid is under threat as a result of the vandalism of a tower in Delta State, which has led to a fall in power generation by 480 megawatts, the Transmission Company of Nigeria has said.

According to the TCN, the fall in electricity generation is due to the vandalism of tower No. 62 along the Okpai-Onitsha 330kV double circuit transmission line, which evacuates power from the Okpai Power Station in Delta State.

Power generation in the country had hit an all-time high of 4,810.7MW on August 25 this year after hovering around 3,500MW for about a year. This is despite the fact that the electricity generation and distribution arms of the sector had been run by private entities all this while.

Findings by our correspondent from the Federal Ministry of Power on Monday showed that the actual energy sent out as of November 15 was 3,682.32MW, while energy generation was put at 3,754.96MW.

The transmission company, in a statement by its management, said the incident involving the vandalised tower took place at Asaba Uchi, Ndokwa East Local Government Area of Delta State, adding that this “has resulted in the reduction of available power to the national grid by about 480MW.”

It added, “At about 4:51am on Tuesday, November 10, 2015, the Okpai-Onitsha 330kV transmission line tripped and the cause of the tripping was traced to tower No. 62, which had been vandalised.

“Two of the four legs of the transmission tower were cut by vandals, causing the tower to hang precariously. This poses a major threat to the transmission grid integrity as a total collapse of this tower could bring down several other towers along the transmission line route.”

The firm stated that its engineering crew inspected the site of the incident the same day and had already mobilised a reputable engineering contracting firm to anchor the transmission tower temporarily in order to avoid a total collapse.

“Anchoring the vandalised tower will enable the TCN to energise one of the circuits on the tower to enable it recommence partial power evacuation from the Okapi Power Station to the national grid. This is expected to be achieved within a fortnight,” the TCN stated.

The statement further noted that the company would construct a new tower to replace the vandalised one, but that due to the swampy nature of the site, construction could only commence in the dry season when vehicular access would be possible.

The TCN said it would continue to work towards a robust transmission grid and pleaded with the host communities to work with the company in its fight against the activities of vandals.

The firm said the construction of a new tower would cost millions of naira that would otherwise have been applied to its grid expansion plans.

Cc: Lalasticlala

http://punchng.com/power-generation-falls-by-480mw-grid-under-threat/

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by Firefire(m): 1:39am On Nov 17, 2015
Where is your odour

O Buhary, where is your Body Language? O body language, where is your sting?

75 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by WASMOG(m): 1:45am On Nov 17, 2015
Thats verry bad I hate vandals

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by basilo101: 1:49am On Nov 17, 2015
Expect more until Kanu is released

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by Firefire(m): 1:49am On Nov 17, 2015
WASMOG:
Thats verry bad I hate vandals

We are made to believe his body language and the looks on Buhary's face scared the vandals ? embarassed

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by Ikengawo: 1:56am On Nov 17, 2015
I am a riverine Kwigbo. I am not an igbo. We are south south south. I support buhari because my mother like body odor. The kwigbo people speak body language like our sweet presido

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by adenaijblog: 1:57am On Nov 17, 2015
dis op self for midnight u dey post... Enjoyi ng light in my side sha.... Check out my blog http://adenaij..com
Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by clek: 1:59am On Nov 17, 2015
basilo101:
Must you connect every thread to biafra. Keep dreaming about a bia fraud that won't see the light of a new day.
Nigeria must be one .accept it or live with it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by nnachukz(m): 2:06am On Nov 17, 2015
The topic is misleading. The report seems to be dealing with power supply to the national grid from Okpai generating station which has been affected due to the activities of vandals and not a complete drop of national power supply to 480MW as the topic portrays. The report is also incomplete as it fails to tell us the initial power supplied from that generating station to the national grid before the pylon was vandalised.

14 Likes

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by Nobody: 2:07am On Nov 17, 2015
Firefire:
Where is your odour
I know you will always bring any news that will discredit this Government I don't know why You guys are sore losers and bunch of Id*iots. GEJ who lost the power has moved on with his life,I don't know why Jobless,Hungry and touts like you are finding it difficult to let go Dude Election is Over plssss

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by Nobody: 2:09am On Nov 17, 2015
Rest
Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by Firefire(m): 2:10am On Nov 17, 2015
The darkness across the country is real...

No fuel to power generators, no fuel for commercial vehicles, you cannot easily buy fuel now in Nigeria.

On top that, we now have darkness and blackout and even paying for the darkness through electricity bill.

Can we conclude that Buhary is "Super Clueless" and does not understands governance in the 21st century ?

APC, Party of professional liars and career propagandist. - Lie Mohammed.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 17, 2015
basilo101:
I thought You Product of baby factories said Nnamdi Kanu can't not be arrested With all your protest,did you see any changed Una go protest taya. Useless empty chest Beaters Mtcheww.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by Firefire(m): 2:12am On Nov 17, 2015
sameer1212:
I[s] know you will always bring any news that will discredit this Government I don't know why You guys are sore losers and bunch of Id*iots. GEJ who lost the power has moved on with his life,I don't know why Jobless,Hungry and touts like you are finding it difficult to let go Dude Election is Over plssss[/s]

Park well, o se aro kutukutu, mi ori aye osi. undecided

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by Nobody: 2:15am On Nov 17, 2015
Firefire:

Park well, o se aro kutukutu, mi ori aye osi. undecided
Dude! Don't let me descend on you this evening

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by Firefire(m): 2:16am On Nov 17, 2015
Buhary should resign honorably, his body language has expired... angry

The ‘tyranny’ of Buhari’s body language
/

Buhari’s ‘body’ language has been credited with all the promising signs in the government: we are told that electricity supply has improved, not because of any new investment in the sector but because people understand from the president’s body language that there will be consequences for unacceptable behaviour.

We are also told that civil servants, including those who routinely manufactured sundry excuses for not being at work for months now come to work regularly and on time too because of Buhari’s body language.

Sleepy government entities like the Code of Conduct Tribunal suddenly woke up, rubbed off any form of sleep from their eyes and began baying their fangs to whomever they can lay their hands on - all because of President Buhari’s body language.

Put differently, the body language of the new sheriff in town is seen in
some quarters as a policy thrust that silently but unmistakably tells you that there will be stiff sanctions for unacceptable behaviour.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/columns/the-tyranny-of-buhari-s-body-language/118936.html

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by crownwealth: 3:48am On Nov 17, 2015
PMB should act fast.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by aresa: 3:54am On Nov 17, 2015
This must be a disgruntled, bitter Biafra and anti Nigeria thread... grin

Shouldn't you clowns be out there demonstrating and shutting down your villages for your Biafra fantasy? grin

Have fun village losers... grin

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by EternalTruths: 3:55am On Nov 17, 2015
Instead of the worthless military to guard our national assets from vandals and terrorists, they are busy threatening peaceful Biafra protest angry

Buhari and co, your days to ICJ ICC is getting closer due to misplaced priorities . cool

14 Likes

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by Nobody: 4:01am On Nov 17, 2015
I tot dey credited power generation 2 buhari's administration, y has dere bin steady fall in power generation like geometric progression months after his inception?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by menshealth212: 4:05am On Nov 17, 2015
LONGER SEXX SEXX SEXXXX!!!

CURE PREMATURE EJACULATION. @ ENDPENG. . COM

LAST MUCH MORE LONGA IN BED WITH ANY WOMAN NATURALLY

WITHOUT Dangerous Pills, Herbs and Medicationn.

No Pills, No Drugs, No Creams, No Herbs
Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by Ajaoogbo: 4:25am On Nov 17, 2015
sameer1212:
I know you will always bring any news that will discredit this Government I don't know why You guys are sore losers and bunch of Id*iots. GEJ who lost the power has moved on with his life,I don't know why Jobless,Hungry and touts like you are finding it difficult to let go Dude Election is Over plssss
PMB had ample opportunity of making this country a great nation rather he brought in 95%/5% equation. He has widened the tribal gulf of the country and still insists that he knows what he is doing.It's time we came together irrespective of our tribal and religious orientations and tell PMB that no section of this country can be left out. If this simple piece of advice of mine is not adhered to,I fear for Nigeria's unity. This country will be brought to her knees and before we know it,it will be too late.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by shakaZuIlu: 5:18am On Nov 17, 2015
Ikengawo:
I am a riverine Kwigbo. I am not an igbo. We are south south south. I support buhari because my mother like body odor. The kwigbo people speak body language like our sweet presido

Hehehehehehe you dey look for trouble grin

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by shakaZuIlu: 5:19am On Nov 17, 2015
FireFire fire on i dey gidigba for your back like hunch back cheesy

die baba grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by francizy(m): 5:38am On Nov 17, 2015
They thought that being the president of Nigeria (the most corrupt, bigoted and divisive country in the world) was as simple as letters. Now it appears as if leadership is far more than rocket science to these APC politicians.. undecided

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by omowolewa: 6:26am On Nov 17, 2015
Vandalism?!

Until government restricts the sales of electrical equipment, vandals will always thrive. Major electrical equipment shouldn't be sold at open market. Or better a regulated sales would reduce the vandalism to sabotage only.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by Firefire(m): 6:31am On Nov 17, 2015
This government of Buhary is getting everything wrong again like in 1983.

Aftermath of heavy lies and propaganda.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by Firefire(m): 6:33am On Nov 17, 2015
francizy:
They thought that being the president of Nigeria (the most corrupt and most bigoted and divisive country in the world) was as simple as letters. Now it appears as if leadership is far more than rocket science to these APC politicians.. undecided

Everyone is corrupt except Buhary.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by midehi2(f): 6:38am On Nov 17, 2015
sameer1212:
Dude! Don't let me descend on you this evening
i have replied your mail
Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by BossTtdiamonds(m): 6:39am On Nov 17, 2015
Like really...

Fashola what have you been doing
Re: Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch by otukpo(f): 6:45am On Nov 17, 2015
This darkness is too much.
For days now, we have not seen light in my area.
To make matters worse, no fuel.

Which way nigeria?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bukky Shonibare Blast Aisha Buhari For Launching Book On ChibokGirls Anniversary / Afcta: Senator Sani Speaks On Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Agreement / Tambuwal, Dino Melaye, Shina Peller, Ned Nwoko Bag Peace Achievers Int'l Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.