Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,279 members, 7,839,383 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo (742 Views)

How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? / FG Permit States To Explore Solid Minerals In Their Domains / See What Boko Haram Did To Cattle After Poisoning Water Sources In Borno..photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 17, 2015
ABUJA – Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo on Monday stated
that the federal government was working to provide alternative energy sources through a mix of renewable
and nuclear energy to improve power generation in the
country.
He also disclosed that in addition to the existing mix of hydro and thermal sources of power generation, there were
efforts to equally utilize other sources of energy including the solar option.
The Vice President made the disclosure while receiving a
delegation of the Nigeria Atomic Energy Commission led
its Director-General, Dr. Erepamo Osaisai who came to
present a report on the Implementation of Nuclear
Power Programme for Nigeria, conducted in partnership
with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)min Abuja.
“The long and short of it is that we definitely need a mix of
energy choices because in the next decade such a mix will
be imperative”, he said.
Earlier at the meeting, Dr. Dohee Hann, the Director,
Nuclear Power at the International Atomic Energy Agency
informed the Vice President that Nigeria as Africa’s
leading economy needed to consider nuclear energy for
electricity to address the power deficit.
Also, the leader of the delegation, Dr. Osaisai, disclosed
that the presentation of the report to the Vice President
was an important stage in the process, emphasizing that
the report had articulated how the nation can meet the
infrastructural need for nuclear power programme for the
country.
In a similar development, the Vice President also stated
that the Federal Government is committed to bringing
succor to the people of the North-East whose lives have
been affected by insurgency.
Osinbajo spoke while receiving the new World Bank
Country Director to Nigeria, Mr. Rachid Benmessaoud
yesterday.
He said: “We need to deal with the planning and
implementation of the projects that will bring succor to
the people of the North-East.”
Benmessaoud stated the resolve of the World Bank to
provide assistance to the Federal Government for the
North-East, adding that it was determined to work with the
new Federal Executive Council in other areas including
economic diversification.
The meeting had in attendance, the Chairman of the
Presidential Committee in the North-East initiative, PCNI,
General T. Y. Danjuma, the Finance Minister, Mrs. Kemi
Adeosun and the Budget and Planning Minister, Mr.
Udoma Udo Udoma.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/fg-to-explore-a-mix-of-energy-sources-to-attain-power-needs-osinbajo/

Lalasticlala , Seun
Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 17, 2015
Ride on my Able FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.. This is what we call government. Let the people know your plan. Communicate with your people so that they won't felt like they have been use and dump..

Unlike some past Government.. This Government may not pass any single information to the people in months (although they have no plan) unless they want to tell the citizen about Subsidy Removal..

Nigeria shall me great again

I dedicate this FTC to AfricanApple .. You are always in my heart
Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by hakeem4(m): 6:05am On Nov 17, 2015
Okay
Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by olumide81(m): 6:07am On Nov 17, 2015
Osinbajo the PRO!
Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by Chubhie: 6:08am On Nov 17, 2015
Fantastic on paper.
Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 17, 2015
hakeem4:
Okay

Jesus!! Ehn, so you want to steal FTC from me on my thread..... Chineke meeee..

I posted at 6:05 , I comment at 6:05 and you also do same at 6:05.... I salute you oo bros..

When you want to do that next time, no need to type "Okay" just type a letter like "a" "." "E" then you will be faster grin grin

Hope this is helpful?

1 Like

Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by jejemanito: 6:11am On Nov 17, 2015
Chubhie:
Fantastic on paper.
Spot on. Always fantastic on paper
Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by mamaafrik(m): 6:16am On Nov 17, 2015
Enu dun roofo
Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by Khd95(m): 6:17am On Nov 17, 2015
Hell hath no furry like nigerian women especially

What could ve prompted this barbaric act.

No b only women dy suffer domestic violence,men too are victims,just dat it nevr get reported or simply settled
Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by osaslord500(m): 6:34am On Nov 17, 2015
grin
Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by mrvitalis(m): 6:57am On Nov 17, 2015
This is not rocket science. .. .. What we need is super improved coal power plants and nuclear power plants.... gas power plants are u small scale power projects... Below 1000MW but if u want more.... Coal and nuclear remain the best
.. .. Our gas master plan should be such that industries have direct supply of gas to produce there own power this will really help us
Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 17, 2015
The lying short fake pastor lawyer

1 Like

Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by PRYCE(m): 7:03am On Nov 17, 2015
Another "TO"!

Campaigns after election!
Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 17, 2015
The handsome short man has started again o..make una help me ask am,wey d food wen he said ,he go dey give school children during campaign. I just hope he is not related to lair mahummed....
Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by greatiyk4u(m): 7:38am On Nov 17, 2015
E be like say this government no get secret
Can't they surprise us for once?
Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by oghenetega100(f): 7:42am On Nov 17, 2015
Great plan, our dear vice president as much as I support your government, Nigerians are getting tired of talk alone, everyone wants results. We know you can do it.
Re: FG To Explore A Mix Of Energy Sources To Attain Power Needs- Osinbajo by omowolewa: 8:13am On Nov 17, 2015
Any means other than nuclear is a good mix.

(1) (Reply)

Are We Back To Obj Era When We Used To Sleep In Flling Stations / Senate Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of Results To 3 Years / Benue Speaker May Lose Seat As Court Orders Delineation Of His Constituency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.