Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

HELP! My Celica Overheats After I Replaced Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP! My Celica Overheats After I Replaced Engine (963 Views)

My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil / Tips To Note When A Car Overheats / Ops! My Car Now Overheats After Gasket Change! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! My Celica Overheats After I Replaced Engine by mrkhaynoni: 12:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
I was told my engine has suffered some irreversible damage and I need to replace, I bought a tokunbo exact replacement at ladipo, later the mechanic said the brainbox is faulty too, I replaced same with exact replacement. Now the car runs fine and exhaust steams and all but I noticed immediately I took the car back that the temperature guage rises very fast even though I haven't seen the radiator steaming out just yet!( probably because I haven't really driven it far since it was fixed) The mechanic and rewire said the radiator is dirty, I need to flush it but am just upset. The car is a 1993 toyota celica. Please gurus in the house. Advice on how to proceed
Re: HELP! My Celica Overheats After I Replaced Engine by Denn(m): 12:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
mrkhaynoni:
I was told my engine has suffered some irreversible damage and I need to replace, I bought a tokunbo exact replacement at ladipo, later the mechanic said the brainbox is faulty too, I replaced same with exact replacement. Now the car runs fine and exhaust steams and all but I noticed immediately I took the car back that the temperature guage rises very fast even though I haven't seen the radiator steaming out just yet!( probably because I haven't really driven it far since it was fixed) The mechanic and rewire said the radiator is dirty, I need to flush it but am just upset. The car is a 1993 toyota celica. Please gurus in the house. Advice on how to proceed

Simple.... Relax

*ensure your thermostat is not stuck... Do not throw it away. Conduct test on it to a certain it not being stuck.
*ensure you burp out all the air in the system.
*ensure your radiator is free from clogs and is not blocked internally.
*ensure your fans work when they should.
*ensure your condenser is not blocked.
*ensure the water pump on the new engine is working. Ladipo rats have the penchant of removing such sellable items like water pumps, alternators, kick starters etc on engines and replacing them with junk

Take it slow and steady....troubleshoot the cooling system and don't go haphazard in removing thermostat and having a permanent fan
Re: HELP! My Celica Overheats After I Replaced Engine by erico2k2(m): 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
Denn:

Simple.... Relax

*ensure your thermostat is not stuck... Do not throw it away. Conduct years on it to a certain it not being stuck.
*ensure you burp out all the air in the system.
*ensure your radiator is free from clogs and is not blocked internally.
*ensure your fans work when they should.
*ensure your condenser is not blocked.
*ensure the water pump on the new engine is working. Ladipo rats have the penchant of removing such sellable items like water pumps, alternators, kick starters etc on engines and replacing them with junk

Take it slow and steady....troubleshoot the cooling system and don't go haphazard in removing thermostat and having a permanent fan

Can I plz add.there are two things that are likely to be the culprits. You thermostat and engine temp sensor. I think it's a god Idea to change the thermostat and try and change the engine temp sensor.There is a simple test to see if the fault is as a result of blockade to the radiator. Check bot entry and exit hose also check your water pump. Does the Engine short water?
Re: HELP! My Celica Overheats After I Replaced Engine by mrkhaynoni: 7:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
Yes sir the water level in the radiator always drops after driving
Re: HELP! My Celica Overheats After I Replaced Engine by honmusa(m): 7:16pm On Nov 17, 2015
mrkhaynoni:
Go for Radiator/cooling system pressure test.
call 08061166316 if you are in Lagos.
Re: HELP! My Celica Overheats After I Replaced Engine by erico2k2(m): 9:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
mrkhaynoni:
Look around your radiator if you could physically see water dripping from it, also run your hands along both hose to see if there is water leaking, if not,pay close attention to your water pump see if its leaking, try this three
Re: HELP! My Celica Overheats After I Replaced Engine by mrkhaynoni: 10:05am On Nov 19, 2015
erico2k2:

Look around your radiator if you could physically see water dripping from it, also run your hands along both hose to see if there is water leaking, if not,pay close attention to your water pump see if its leaking, try this three

Thanks sir
Re: HELP! My Celica Overheats After I Replaced Engine by honmusa(m): 1:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
mrkhaynoni:

Thanks sir
I doubt if u can see any trace of the leak especially if the leak is tiny.U will need to simulate the pressure condition thay make the leak to occur.I have already told what to trace the source of the leak.RUN A COOLING SYSTEM PRESSURE TEST.

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get This to Buy? / With A Budget Of 1million, What Car Should I Go For? / Preventive Maintenance IV: Air Filter As An Important Part Of Your Vehicle’s Com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.