Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,788 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:21 AM

Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) (36812 Views)

Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees / Passenger Ties Goat Along With Luggage On Top Of A Bus While Travelling (Photos) / Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) by EgusiSoup: 5:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
cao:

The irony of this sentence is baffling. Let's clap for sentient food everybody. It's still lost in the sense it's trying to make. Bless your resilience wink. Now, I know it's trying to be facetious, but I'm quite bored and frankly I'm enjoying its subpar performance, I expected better. Alas, your failure is still entertaining.

cheesy
Re: Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) by bashydemy(m): 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
EgusiSoup:
What the Dullard APC government is causing and disgracing the country. sad
You are so stewpid, So now PMB is the owner of Turkish airline or what are you insinuating, Your Education is a waste.
Re: Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) by patreeq50(m): 6:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
Let them know....I support you to fight it legally.
Re: Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) by RedCapChief(m): 7:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
Turkish airlines offers pretty decent service if you are traveling to a high-end destination( i.e London, Toronto et al) from Istanbul. The inflight service is pretty cool and the hostesses are nice. Be prepared for less than average if going to/ coming from Lagos. Even from the boarding gate, you will hate yaself. Their ground staff are horrible, particularly if you don't have a US/UK/Canada/EU passport.
I'm looking for a good airline to patronize regularly

bettercreature:
Anytime you are travelling,don't use black leather bag or you should avoid leather because they always have problem to scan it therefore they sometime break it and physically check what is inside,in some cases,they steal things or it get broken,lost,in rear cases forgot to return the bag,so i will advice you guys to always use something like fabric bag or soft leather bag,they always break my bag anytime i use leather though i have never lost anything
@bettercreature, please explain more here.
Re: Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) by ayanfeeledumare(m): 9:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
I think this passenger will be compensated once a property irregularity form given to him by the airline has been filled by him.
As an aviation expert, I can tell u categorically that you are advise at the check in counter to remove all valuables from your baggage. You are given this advise in case a missing baggage like this.
ICAO recommends that in situation like this, the passenger can only be compensated based on the weight loss. By implication if you put one billion dollar diamond in your bag and it is stolen, you will be compensated only on the weight of the diamond. And there is an international standard amount that is paid for a kg weight for missing item.
I hope this passenger will learn from his experience. Whenever I travel, I keep my valuables in my hand luggage.
Re: Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) by ayanfeeledumare(m): 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
[quote author=RedCapChief post=40126328] Turkish airlines offers pretty decent service if you are traveling to a high-end destination( i.e London, Toronto et al) from Istanbul. The inflight service is pretty cool and the hostesses are nice. Be prepared for less than average if going to/ coming from Lagos. Even from the boarding gate, you will hate yaself. Their ground staff are horrible, particularly if you don't have a US/UK/Canada/EU passport.
I'm looking for a good airline to patronize regularly

Fly Emirates Airline and you will not like to fly any other airline. The service is un-equalled and safe.
We don't joke with customer service and we believe you should be treated like a king. Flying our Airbus 380 is another experience that is out of this world. I hope you have heard of our new aircraft with 615 passengers.
Re: Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) by shaibu123: 12:43am On Nov 18, 2015
My advice to you is,if you are European resident go back to your base and fellow it up.In Nigeria they will not listen to you.
Re: Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) by gary400(m): 2:16am On Nov 18, 2015
kennygee:

I don't want to believe you have sense
I believe his sense has divorced his brain...nyemiri...
Re: Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) by MRBrownJ: 11:19am On Nov 18, 2015
any person knows that A) you cant put anything valuable in your checked luggages because many baggage handlers are thieves and B) if your bags get lost/stolen, you will only get €300 top as compensation from the airline.... its your insurance company that will reimburse you.
Re: Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 12:06am On Dec 28, 2015
bettercreature:
Anytime you are travelling,don't use black leather bag or you should avoid leather because they always have problem to scan it therefore they sometime break it and physically check what is inside,in some cases,they steal things or it get broken,lost,in rear cases forgot to return the bag,so i will advice you guys to always use something like fabric bag or soft leather bag,they always break my bag anytime i use leather though i have never lost anything
Break your bag like tear it? Or they just zip it open
Re: Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) by seeit: 5:48am On Jan 24, 2017
When you lost or found any item any were in Nigeria visit www.seeit.ng to report it, seeit.ng is a web site for lost and found item in all category.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Country Is Known For Pretty Ladies? / Female Amputee Visits Olumo Rock For The First Time & Is Excited. Photos / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.