Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! (28298 Views)

Mikel, Neymar, Ronaldo & Iniesta Welcome Teams To Russia (Video) / Nigerian And Colombian Teams Land In Sao Paulo Ahead Of Their Olympic Clash.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 18, 2015
safarigirl:
mbok tell me another lie. I'm Abuja based, Omeruo was found in Abuja, but I never heard of him till 2011.

Being based in a place doesn't mean you know people, you probably know only 3% of people in Owerri. First someone from Jos told you Chrisantus is 30, now you know Iheanacho is 26 because you're Owerri based, the other dolt on a separate thread said Iheanacho turns 23 this year, his claims are based on the fact that Iheanacho's Academy is on his street.

So which of you liars should be believed? I swear, y'all pray I never become a lawmaker, I'll make sure every single one of you spends at least a week in jail for all your useless lies. You could get sued for such slander in the western world.

That is why nobody in the European countries or the America's accuse their players, because they have laws to ensure that such ignoramuses are jailed where there is no solid proof
I believe most of the players in the 2013/15 sets weren't overaged. But some could be in their early 20s (20-22) because the MRI scan is only 99% accurate. The remaining 1% could give room for players above 17 to play in the WC.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Bollinger(m): 8:48am On Nov 18, 2015
CFCfan:

I believe most of the players in the 2013/15 sets weren't overaged. But some could be in their early 20s (20-22) because the MRI scan is only 99% accurate. The remaining 1% could give room for players above 17 to play in the WC.

18 percent accurate
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by asha80(m): 8:48am On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Bloody Liar.

Kelechi Iheanacho joined Taye Academy as an under 10 player. Are you saying he was 17years old playing in an U10 team with Children of ten years?

You guys can lie. Tufiakwa.
so? Did he tell you that was his real age then? Is like when chima played for taye youth teams when we all knew his real age just because he looks small
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2015
asha80:
do you know about taye youth team in owerri? Have you heard of pakat? I just pity your lame defence...why would western europeans accuse their players of being over aged when their ages are documented at birth(for those born there)? Or you think they are like us that dont document important things? Have you ever lived in western europe before?..continue wallowing in ignorance

Are you saying Iheanacho was 17 years old in Under 10? Talk of who is wallowing in ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by NiRfreak(m): 8:50am On Nov 18, 2015
Bollinger:

Oh God!!!
Ode fool.....olodo.....when u dnt understand what standard deviation means.......no technology can be 100 efficient at any task.....dats why we have standard deviation from the mean value.....and dats why there is permissible % for error....olodo

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:51am On Nov 18, 2015
asha80:
so? Did he tell you that was his real age then? Is like when chima played for taye youth teams when we all knew his real age just because he looks small

You are lying. Iheanacho passed the MRI scan well. He is scientifically proven young. Your lies will not change it. He joined the academy as an under 10. You can not change facts with lies.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Bollinger(m): 8:51am On Nov 18, 2015
NiRfreak:
Ode fool.....olodo.....when u dnt understand what standard deviation means.......no technology can be 100 efficient at any task.....dats why we have standard deviation from the mean value.....and dats why there is permissible % for error....olodo

Ehhh.. .a DNA test?. . .Dental? finger print? Optical? No two persons have the same of any of these so go get your mo.ronic facts right.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Hobashola(m): 8:51am On Nov 18, 2015
Icon4s:
Infact I was so disappointed in the moderator that moved that trash called a thread on "Papa Eaglets" .... whatever whatever. It is a shame that nairaland moderators pushed such a story without proofs and facts to the front page.

The other day some were voting Diego Cortes' goal as d best at d U17 WC all in d name of fairness.

I personally decided nt to join words with such people. I met with most of d 2013 U17 before d WC then. I must confess THOSE BOYS WERE U17, U can take dat to d bank.

Bros, take this fact from me; I grew up playing football on the same pitch with one of our best midfielders in 2013. we played together until 2009 in Kaduna. HE was older than me and I used to call him brother. Presently, I am 23. So, tell me how he was 17 in 2013.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by safarigirl(f): 8:52am On Nov 18, 2015
asha80:
do you know about taye youth team in owerri? Have you heard of pakat? I just pity your lame defence...why would western europeans accuse their players of being over aged when their ages are documented at birth(for those born there)? Or you think they are like us that dont document important things? Have you ever lived in western europe before?..continue wallowing in ignorance
my friend post a picture of his birth certificate or shut your silly mouth. Even in a court of law, your argument will be thrown out because any eediot can claim anything. We need EVIDENCE, show us your solid proof or keep your stoopidity to yourself

What I pity is this your life that you haven't made much out of, better go find wetin you go use your life do instead of making unproven accusations against people that are progressing.

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:53am On Nov 18, 2015
CFCfan:

Actually, even the marginal percent who pass, can not be more than 19. The team is young. So the haters are just ignorant to the fact that young Nigerian boys made the country proud.

3 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by safarigirl(f): 8:54am On Nov 18, 2015
CFCfan:

if so, then every other country have 20-22 year olds as well.

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:56am On Nov 18, 2015
asha80:
donato and giggs were still playing for their clubs deportivo la coruna and man u respectively at the age 39 so what gives?

Giggs was not a regular and he was coming from the bench. Five years from now, Mark it, Chrisantus will still be playing. A lot of people lie to prove their point.

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by msbbash(m): 8:57am On Nov 18, 2015
the guys is nt a bad Belle , is just tell us to try and do THINGS rite. cos as a nation , for 50 years nw, we have been lying to ourselves .
and it cut across every sector of our live. if we truly want change we have to change our CHEATING mentality.
things must be done properly nt wuru wuru to the answer.

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by SIRTee15: 9:00am On Nov 18, 2015
Bollinger:

Like is said, if you really played the game, you'd know that a real Nigerian U17 would not look like that, nor play like that. I did, and i can tell you that there is no freaking way you can amass a squad that good with players of that age range. One or two maybe, but not an entire squad. Remember, some of them claim 14 and even 13 years old. Really?

don't mind them, let them continue to deceive themselves.
the truth remains instant victory irrespective of methodology is the norm for average Nigerians.
There's no way a team comprising 16 year old boys with their usual frame and strength, can play top quality football consistently at that level for 90 minutes in a standard pitch.
now they are shouting MRI scan, as if its 100% sensitive.
I remember in 2007, when the likes of sani Emmanuel and Macaulay christantus brought home the cup, and some of us raised doubts.
it was this same incoherent abusive aspersions we received.
I cant recall anybody from that team playing meaningful football anywhere.
yet that tournament produced the likes of christian benteke, david de gea, eden hazard, toni kroos, illaramendi, james Rodriguez, and mamadou sakho.

players like mario gotze, isco, neymar, ike muinan were in nigeria for the 2009 edition.
the only player in that team still relevant today is ogenya onazi.

we've started winning again and people are raising questions, yet people like the op are tagging us unpatriotic and bad belle.
don't worry 2020 is around the corner. By then, we shall be talking about great players who were at the 2013 and 2015 tournaments that nigeria won.
We pray as Nigerians, we'll proudly raise our shoulders tall.........at least for once....in a very long time.

3 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 18, 2015
2sex:
dude, if you are among those guys who keep attacking our players, you are among the fools abeg... go siddon.

I wonder if you didn't see other nations field in older players.

Is this how you go about badmouthing your own family, things happening in your home among your father, mother, brother and sisters, including ur wife to the public? tell me. Only insane persons do that. You do not know the meaning of what your likes are doing...

Hey, I will appreciate making your points without the insult. O yes! I criticise my family when they are being dishonest because I love them and will want them to keep a high moral ground. There's neither substitution nor sugar coating for dishonesty. This I the kind of mentality that is now a boomerang on our governance. Not everyone accepts or celebrate dishonesty. Thank you
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by NiRfreak(m): 9:02am On Nov 18, 2015
Bollinger:

Ehhh.. .a DNA test?. . .Dental? finger print? Optical? No two persons have the same of any of these so go get your mo.ronic facts right.
chai...i finally giv up on u......each of these technology has deir limitations........and no technology for age determination is 100 %accurate......or do u intend to to use DNA test and...optical etc to determine age in dis context?......just go

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 18, 2015
NiRfreak:
YOU are a fool for this ur holines crap.

Seems holiness is thorn in your flesh.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:03am On Nov 18, 2015
If the growth plate areas (epiphyses) are still open then
the player is still within the age limit of 17 because
research shows that players with growth plates yet
to fuse at the wrists are 99% super-likely or most certainly 17 or
less. The likelihood of such a one being 18 or more
is 1% (due to rare biological variations).

I wonder where these guys are even getting their 18% margin error from.

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by asha80(m): 9:05am On Nov 18, 2015
safarigirl:
my friend post a picture of his birth certificate or shut your silly mouth. Even in a court of law, your argument will be thrown out because any eediot can claim anything. We need EVIDENCE, show us your solid proof or keep your stoopidity to yourself

What I pity is this your life that you haven't made much out of, better go find wetin you go use your life do instead of making unproven accusations against people that are progressing.
lol of course Nigerian progression is all you know and cursing..well like said wallow in ignorance
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:07am On Nov 18, 2015
SIRTee15:

the truth remains instant victory irrespective of methodology is the norm for average Nigerians.
There's no way a team comprising 16 year old boys with their usual frame and strength, can play top quality football consistently at that level for 90 minutes in a standard pitch.
I remember in 2007, when the likes of sani Emmanuel and Macaulay christantus brought home the cup, and some of us raised doubts.
yet that tournament produced the likes of christian benteke, david de gea, eden hazard, toni kroos, illaramendi, james Rodriguez, and mamadou sakho.

players like mario gotze, isco, neymar, ike muinan were in nigeria for the 2009 edition.

we've started winning again and people are raising questions, yet people like the op are tagging us unpatriotic and bad belle.
don't worry 2020 is around the corner. By then, we shall be talking about great players who were at the 2013 and 2015 tournaments that nigeria won.
We pray as Nigerians, we'll proudly raise our shoulders tall.........at least for once....in a very long time.

How can you compare a young Nigerian boy to the same fate as the ones listed above. The players you listed were already promising stars in top recognised clubs.

Isco was a young Valencia star, Neymar was a young Santos star, Gotze was a young Borrusia Dortmund star, Munain was a young promising Bilbao star. Where these guys were, our NPL stars will only dream of it. Haba.

Spain had Muniesa in Barcelona, Morata and Sarabia in Real Madrid.

You can not expect some academy boys in Nigeria to have the same prospect.

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by An0nimus: 9:08am On Nov 18, 2015
Bollinger:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_FIFA_U-16_World_Championship_squads#.C2.A0Nigeria

Don't give up yet. You said show me a player whose ever claimed to be 13 the world cup and i just did.
No sire. This is what I said

An0nimus:

OK Sir. let's go back 5 tournaments. Give me 1 Nigerian player that was 13/14 years old. It might seem a lot of work but you're the one with a theory I find hard to accept and hence should be proved.

...with facts.

Oya...

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by asha80(m): 9:09am On Nov 18, 2015
SIRTee15:

actually Ricardo Rodriguez was in 2009 not 2007 edition..as for the rest of your post are still wondering why the country is like this? We blame the leaders but are the followers any better? Allow them to continue lying to themselves

3 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by safarigirl(f): 9:11am On Nov 18, 2015
asha80:
lol of course Nigerian progression is all you know and cursing..well like said wallow in ignorance
wallow in stewpidity. Only a stoopid person expects people to believe a lie because he said it. I wonder why you didn't also claim a false age to enter the team, abi you can't play?

You haven't told me which of you liars I should believe between yourself and the other fellow that claimed Iheanacho is 23? I think the other guy is believable, I mean, he stays on the same street as the academy unlike you. Dirty liars!

3 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:12am On Nov 18, 2015
asha80:
actually Ricardo Rodriguez was in 2009 not 2007 edition..as for the rest of your post are still wondering why the country is like this? We blame the leaders but are the followers any better? Allow them to continue lying to themselves

So to you, a boy in Taye Academy Owerri has the same opportunity as a Child in Man City academy or Real madrid Academy or Valencia academy or Barcelona academy.

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TruthHurts1(m): 9:13am On Nov 18, 2015
Again, I'm staggered at how unreasonable and ignorant Nigerians are.
FIFA DID NOT make the MRI tests mandatory for its members. It was merely put forward as a suggestion at FIFA's Annual Congress in 2009.
And FIFA does not conduct MRI scans at youth tournaments because it is assumed that the associations who make up FIFA's membership have already carried out the tests themselves without being prompted to do so.
Remember that in 2009, the MRI test was conducted BEFORE and not DURING Nigeria 2009, and it was the Nigerian Football Asssociation who carried out the MRI test not FIFA.
That probably explains Taiwo Ogunjobi's reaction when Adokiye Amasiemeka came out with his revelation about Fortune Chukwudi. I remember that instead of coming out and calling Adokiye a liar, Ogunjobi as the FA spokesman merely accused him of being unpatriotic.
So there's more to Nigeria's success in the MRI era than meets the eye.
Cc: lalasticlala; seun; make sure my comment gets maximum attention.

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by msbbash(m): 9:15am On Nov 18, 2015
SIRTee15:

Let's take our mind away from football now Abd talk our educational sector, can u see what cheating is bringing to the sector almost everybody dey do special center.
imagine ! a 300level student does nt know the meaning of the word " JOURNALIST"

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by NiRfreak(m): 9:16am On Nov 18, 2015
michlan:

Seems holiness is thorn in your flesh.
How has ur holiness crap helped you and this country.......judgemental hypocrite
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:16am On Nov 18, 2015
safarigirl:
wallow in stewpidity. Only a stoopid person expects people to believe a lie because he said it. I wonder why you didn't also claim a false age to enter the team, abi you can't play?

You haven't told me which of you liars I should believe between yourself and the other fellow that claimed Iheanacho is 23? I think the other guy is believable, I mean, he stays on the same street as the academy unlike you. Dirty liars!

The other guy is also lying. Iheanacho joined the academy as an U10. Joined the Nigerian team U13 team, then passed the MRI scan. They are lying. Do you not remember the lie about Taiye Taiwo? Meanwhile, I met a footballer of Dolphins FC who told me that people are lying about Taiwo. He said he played with him and talked with Taiwo. That Taiwo was a small boy then.

People lie against our young Super Stars constantly.

I remember people telling me Chinedu Obasi was over age. When I went to Enugu, some footballers said it is a lie. That Obasi was one of the ball boys in Nigeria 1999 when Nigeria lost to Mali in Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by asha80(m): 9:17am On Nov 18, 2015
safarigirl:

[size=8pt] cheesy lol wallow in ignorance oo..it is your forte
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by NiRfreak(m): 9:20am On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
If the growth plate areas (epiphyses) are still open then
the player is still within the age limit of 17 because
research shows that players with growth plates yet
to fuse at the wrists are 99% super-likely or most certainly 17 or
less. The likelihood of such a one being 18 or more
is 1% (due to rare biological variations).

I wonder where these guys are even getting their 18% margin error from.
Abi.....even at dat....even if we assume it is 18%.......i Wonder why dey keep crying foul instead of pointing accusing fingers at FIFA and MRI scan....deir bad belle is out of dis world.

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Dragonking: 9:20am On Nov 18, 2015
safarigirl:
^^^^abeg help me talk am. Tomorrow when I say make Seun give me mod work, e go be like say na play, see the incompetent person that posted that rubbish on FP......I swear the thing is still annoying me
You are right and It is very annonying how nigerians display their ignorance to the world..CHeck out that "papa age nonsense thread" see how many ignorant evil people i had to put in order....Someone even said that it is easy to cheat the MRI scan by taking cereal and water as if he has done it it before.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How True Is Pele And The Nigerian Civil War Story? (Photo) / Juventus Reportedly Offer Higuain To Chelsea For Morata / Burundi Players Training Ahead Of The Match Against Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.