Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! (28291 Views)

Mikel, Neymar, Ronaldo & Iniesta Welcome Teams To Russia (Video) / Nigerian And Colombian Teams Land In Sao Paulo Ahead Of Their Olympic Clash.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 18, 2015
NiRfreak:
How has ur holiness crap helped you and this country.......judgemental hypocrite

I'm not judgmental, I only hold out for the truth even if I am the one affected but a lot of Nigerians think speaking the truth is being hypocritical. You're not the first one to call me a hypocrite cos I made a stand for righteousness even though they know nothing about me about me or my intentions. It just makes me sad about this country and the moral decay we have fallen into. You did not state whether what I said was the truth or not, you just concluded that I must definitely be a hypocrite. It's just so sad that things are looking very bleak for this nation.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:23am On Nov 18, 2015
Dragonking:
You are right and It is very annonying how nigerians display their ignorance to the world..CHeck out that "papa age nonsense thread" see how many ignorant evil people i had to put in order....Someone even said that it is easy to cheat the MRI scan by taking cereal and water as if he has done it it before.

My Lawd!!!

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by axiliborha(f): 9:23am On Nov 18, 2015
Where are those foolish fools that posted that thread and who is the stupid MoD the posted it on FP.........because those guys look big doesn't mean that they are over aged........now imagine those American basketballers who are so big and tall that if you aren't careful you will call they sir when you are way older than them........Nigerians and their criticism......I pray we all stay as one

3 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by awesomegenius(m): 9:23am On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Are you saying Iheanacho was 17 years old in Under 10? Talk of who is wallowing in ignorance.

Bro,even 15,16 year old play under 10
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:25am On Nov 18, 2015
axiliborha:
Where are those foolish fools that posted that thread and who is the stupid MoD the posted it on FP.........because those guys look big doesn't mean that they are over aged........now imagine those American basketballers who are so big and tall that if you aren't careful you will call they sir when you are way older than them........Nigerians and their criticism......I pray we all stay as one

Lebron James was huge and Massive as a 16 year old high school player. I wonder when physical attributes became a criteria.

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by asha80(m): 9:25am On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

So to you, a boy in Taye Academy Owerri has the same opportunity as a Child in Man City academy or Real madrid Academy or Valencia academy or Barcelona academy.
of course not..these academies are well structured and have have history...but that does not mean we should lie about these things..of you use your real age it is not really a guarantee that you will turn up successful in football industry but for those that do you would last Long in the highest level of the game because you cant cheat nature..the good Portuguese national team of btw 1997 to 2004 do you know the backbone of that team was the under 20 youth teams of Portugal of 1989 and 1991?

Do you know that davor suker,Robert prosinecki ,Robert jarni and zvonimir boban of the great France 98 Croatian team were under 20s of the then Yugoslavian team that won that tournament?

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:26am On Nov 18, 2015
awesomegenius:

Bro,even 15,16 year old play under 10

Choi!!! It is a lie. I watched tender doves Under ten in Port Harcourt. No coach will take a secondary school boy in SS1, SS2 or SS3 and put in Under Ten.

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by axiliborha(f): 9:27am On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Lebron James was huge and Massive as a 16 year old high school player. I wonder when physical attributes became a criteria.
my brother I wonder oooooo........because these guys have full beards big chest now they are overaged

3 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 18, 2015
An0nimus:

Don't take it p bruv. was just stating a point which you proved. All these talks of integrity and whatnot some of the Warriors are currently cutting corners in business or cheating during exams today.

Happy for you anyways. You took the right step and changed for the better. Won't you say our U17 now are younger looking than those before MRI scan?

Thanks

I'm not taking it p o, but that we should stand against cheating in all its forms.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by awesomegenius(m): 9:29am On Nov 18, 2015
I know 2 players in this present u-17 team....That are way above 17
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:29am On Nov 18, 2015
asha80:
of course not..these academies are well structured and have have history...but that does not mean we should lie about these things..of you use your real age it is not really a guarantee that you will turn up successful in football industry but for those that do you would last Long in the highest level of the game because you cant cheat nature..the good Portuguese national team of btw 1997 to 2004 do you know the backbone of that team was the under 20 youth teams of Portugal of 1989 and 1991?

My point is why would people compare our 2009 boys with players like Isco, Neymar, Munain, Morata, Gotze, who were already established youngsters and were bound to become Super Stars.

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by jonathanOz: 9:32am On Nov 18, 2015
safarigirl:
my friend don't be stoopid.

Your arguments that FIFA which is headed by mostly Europeans, would allow Africans and S/Americans cheat while denying their own people that option is even dumber than the usual '...my 22-year old cousin applied for U17 and was rejected for being too young'

So this Uncle was 17 like this?
Don't mind those fools. As far as I'm concerned, if at all there is any age falsification in age grade competitions in this age, FIFA definitely knows about it and are COMFORTABLE with it.

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by asha80(m): 9:33am On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

My point is why would people compare our 2009 boys with players like Isco, Neymar, Munain, Morata, Gotze, who were already established youngsters and were bound to become Super Stars.
read my post you quoted again..i edited it and added some names that were not part of western European football youth team set up
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TruthHurts1(m): 9:37am On Nov 18, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]Cc: lalasticlala please share this excerpt from Wikipedia's page on age cheating:

"Not everybody was pleased by the introduction of MRI, Nigeria had lost 15 players after they were proven to be over-age. Nigeria's Football Federation President Sani Lulu said: "I’ll not use the MRI to disqualify my players."He felt that FIFA had sprung their decision to use MRI upon the nations."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_fraud_in_association_football

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by NiRfreak(m): 9:41am On Nov 18, 2015
michlan:

I'm not judgmental, I only hold out for the truth even if I am the one affected but a lot of Nigerians think speaking the truth is being hypocritical. You're not the first one to call me a hypocrite cos I made a stand for righteousness even though they know nothing about me about me or my intentions. It just makes me sad about this country and the moral decay we have fallen into. You did not state whether what I said was the truth or not, you just concluded that I must definitely be a hypocrite. It's just so sad that things are looking very bleak for this nation.
Things will continue to look bleak if we cant understand and appreciate that the boys are legally eligible to compete since they are certified by the scan.....all errors by the scan av been reviewed and are within permissible margin as stipulated by FIFA....so whats our problem with over flogging truthfulness and rigteousness in a secular football competition that gives room for a permissible level of age error......

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Ranchhoddas: 9:43am On Nov 18, 2015
asha80:
do you know about taye youth team in owerri? Have you heard of pakat? I just pity your lame defence...why would western europeans accuse their players of being over aged when their ages are documented at birth(for those born there)? Or you think they are like us that dont document important things? Have you ever lived in western europe before?..continue wallowing in ignorance
Perfect.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by awesomegenius(m): 9:45am On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Choi!!! It is a lie. I watched tender doves Under ten in Port Harcourt. No coach will take a secondary school boy in SS1, SS2 or SS3 and put in Under Ten.

Bro!.......Most Coaches Make Use Of Facial expressions Nd Heights To Catergorize U-10,I'm An Academy Player So I Know What M Talking About.......I've Played U-10
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by NiRfreak(m): 9:47am On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

No body is bound to be super star in football...it is the system they found themselves and the opportunity availed to them by their country and club dat distinguish them....they are not a better talent compare to our boys....if they passed through the same challenge and harsh circumstances our boys passed through they woulnt be anyway better......their destiny would av taken a different path

3 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by safarigirl(f): 9:52am On Nov 18, 2015
Dragonking:
You are right and It is very annonying how nigerians display their ignorance to the world..CHeck out that "papa age nonsense thread" see how many ignorant evil people i had to put in order....Someone even said that it is easy to cheat the MRI scan by taking cereal and water as if he has done it it before.
honestly, the foolishness and ignirnce is befuddling. There is no excuse whatsoever to be that dumb, not even colonik mentality can be blamed

4 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 18, 2015
NiRfreak:
Things will continue to look bleak if we cant understand and appreciate that the boys are legally eligible to compete since they are certified by the scan.....all errors by the scan av been reviewed and are within permissible margin as stipulated by FIFA....so whats our problem with over flogging truthfulness and rigteousness in a secular football competition that gives room for a permissible level of age error......

OK, I think I get you. The argument is between legality and morality which I think you support the former. I however take morality about legality any day anytime.

I initially didn't want to share some personal experiences but I know one of the guys (now in super eagles) who was recruited as a mercenary to play for my secondary school at shell cup then. I was in ss3 and I was 15 years yet these guys were recruited to jss3 and were called 13 years. Even those of us in ss3 usually call them egbon. They won the shell cup and 3 years after I saw this guy representing at under 17 world cup. Now he is a super eagles player. Though he was accepted legally by fifa (there was no MRI era then), I don't feel justified to celebrate their victory cos I know the story.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Dragonking: 9:55am On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Height of ignorance. We are talking about Post MRI, that is from 2013, there must be MRI scan of wrist of all players to determine they are within FIFA's U17 criteria. You are talking Phillip Osondu of 1987.
You dey answer that dunce.

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Dragonking: 9:58am On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

My Lawd!!!
My broda, e surprise me too oh...Some Nigerians can go to any extent to discredit their own. I dont know if this is just pure evil intent or black man mentality.

4 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Dragonking: 10:05am On Nov 18, 2015
dustydee:

You are very sensible. I have advised Seun several times about the attitude of his moderators and a need to train them but they keep posting unverifiable stories on the front page.
I also complained to seun about this. The mod should read and go through a topic before he decides to carry it to front page...Everything is not about generating viewing traffic.

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 18, 2015
jonathanOz:

Don't mind those fools. As far as I'm concerned, if at all there is any age falsification in age grade competitions in this age, FIFA definitely knows about it and are COMFORTABLE with it.

FIFA being comfortable with it does not justify cheating. There was a time the FG authorized medical doctors in govt to have their private hospital and do you know the result, the doctors were no longer as committed to the job they collected salaries for. When I was in secondary school, our teachers then were so committed I now appreciate their sacrifice. Yet their salary was very low. It was when obasanjo came in and increased the minimum wage that they got a little reprieve (my mum was a teacher) and these teachers were deeply committed to our development. Now, there's no law restricting a govt teacher from having private tutorials and you see the teachers of this generation are no longer as committed to their jobs. It is at their private tutorials they give their best despite collecting govt salaries.

It's a matter of conscience and not the legality of their actions. I know of some doctors who did not have private hospitals so long as they were in government service, some resigned in order to practice privately despite the fact that the govt had given them legal ground to do otherwise, same for some teachers I know who do not go out to participate in evening tutorials but give their best to the jobs they collect salaries for.

The truth is the authorities can give directives stemming from corruption, it is left for you as an individual to follow your conscience and principles. The NFF could even aid the cheating moreso I heard the test is conducted by the national FA and not FIFA.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by NiRfreak(m): 10:14am On Nov 18, 2015
michlan:

OK, I think I get you. The argument is between legality and morality which I think you support the former. I however take morality about legality any day anytime.

I initially didn't want to share some personal experiences but I know one of the guys (now in super eagles) who was recruited as a mercenary to play for my secondary school at shell cup then. I was in ss3 and I was 15 years yet these guys were recruited to jss3 and were called 13 years. Even those of us in ss3 usually call them egbon. They won the shell cup and 3 years after I saw this guy representing at under 17 world cup. Now he is a super eagles player. Though he was accepted legally by fifa (there was no MRI era then), I don't feel justified to celebrate their victory cos I know the story.
Hmmm Pastor....how do u explain my own case whereby i was 13 when i got enrolled into Jss 1?.........I think d age is still permissible.....there is nothing perfect in this world and no one is perfect........I'm sure you are speaking from your religious inclination and indoctrination which does not have anytin to do with sport......Morality and sport : wher is the link?.....Besides, football is a sport whose major edge on opponent is based on falsehood...e.g players are expected to lie to simulate fouls and injury in order to earn corners , throw in, penalty , freekicks etc......falsehood is part of the game its an integral practice and culture of the game just to earn advantage. ......So ur morality is better used in a perfect world and in church not in sport that accept morality within the context and yardstick of their rules and regulation....not on biblical or any religious principle...thank you.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Dragonking: 10:23am On Nov 18, 2015
asha80:
kelechi iheanacho was 26 when he played that u17..i am owerri based
Can you provide proof?

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Dragonking: 10:24am On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Bloody Liar.

Kelechi Iheanacho joined Taye Academy as an under 10 player. Are you saying he was 17years old playing in an U10 team with Children of ten years?

You guys can lie. Tufiakwa.
You can see what i mean that nigerians will go to any extent even if it is to tell lies just to discredit their own..That guy just lied and someone will take his comment as true without any backing.

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Dragonking: 10:27am On Nov 18, 2015
bigwallace:
These present set of u17 aint 17 take me to any law court nd I will still say it anywere,none of them is 17,likee I said am involved in all dis academies nd I know how it goes av bin in d system for long,the 2013 set is d closest we've gotten.
You be confirmed mumu....If i take you to court and provide the FIFA report showing the MRI scan of those boys to be U17, what evidence do you have to defend yourself apart from hearsay and eye judgement....Ode oshi angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 18, 2015
NiRfreak:
Hmmm Pastor....how do u explain my own case whereby i was 13 when i got enrolled into Jss 1?.........I think d age is still permissible.....there is nothing perfect in this world and no one is perfect........I'm sure you are speaking from your religious inclination and indoctrination which does not have anytin to do with sport......Morality and sport : wher is the link?.....Besides, football is a sport whose major edge on opponent is based on falsehood...e.g players are expected to lie to simulate fouls and injury in order to earn corners , throw in, penalty , freekicks etc......falsehood is part of the game its an integral practice and culture of the game just to earn advantage. ......So ur morality is better used in a perfect world and in church not in sport that accept morality within the context and yardstick of their rules and regulation....not on biblical or any religious principle...thank you.

Lol. Morality covers all aspects of life including sports. Not everyone cheats or simulates in order to win. One's principles should cut across all walks of life and not that I drop some principles when i'm about to do some things and apply them when i'm about to do others. I've really learnt a lot from people like Strive Masiyiwa. Our principles should be in totality and not compromise when faced with certain circumstances. That's the bedrock of a strong character.

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by NiRfreak(m): 10:38am On Nov 18, 2015
michlan:

Lol. Morality covers all aspects of life including sports. Not everyone cheats or simulates in order to win. One's principles should cut across all walks of life and not that I drop some principles when i'm about to do some things and apply them when i'm about to do others. I've really learnt a lot from people like Strive Masiyiwa. Our principles should be in totality and not compromise when faced with certain circumstances. That's the bedrock of a strong character.
Chai nawa for uo....You and your christian views.....funny enough No sport uses or applies Christian principle in winning....jst tak it or leave it......
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by dabossman(m): 10:55am On Nov 18, 2015
Bollinger:
You'all can fool yourselves with patriotism all you like. The fact is we have been fielding over aged players in youth football. If you ever played the game, you'll know that there is no way you can have 11 players at that age playing at the level they are. One or two maybe, but not eleven. Look at your 16 year old brother and compare with these guys and it'll tell you everything you need to know. Worse is some of them will even claim 14. 14 for God's sake. Haba. No wonder when philip Osondu went pro, his club was expecting him to start growing taller as is expected of a 16 year old but my bro's was growing sideways. This was the best player in 1987 but what they did not know was that he was playing at his prime. They spent millions on him and got nothing in return. Nigerians, change your mentality.

@bolded: Really? But 16-17 year-old Germans, Brazilians, Spaniards, Argentines can play at that level? It is only the Africans that cannot play at that level. I guess your secondary school never had a school team. Kids at that age can play football for 3 hours non-stop. And please enough with the beer parlour gist about Osundu. We've all heard those tales about him. They spent millions on him indeed. I guess you signed the cheques.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity / LGBTQ: FIFA Ask Worldcup Teams To Focus On Football Not Gay Rights / Juventus Reportedly Offer Higuain To Chelsea For Morata

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.