Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:49 PM

Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 (4603 Views)

English Premier League Fixtures For This Weekend And Beyond / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Latest Footballnews:english Premier League Results For Matches Played Yesterday: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Cristalz(f): 11:43pm On May 21, 2009
@dyabman
Thank you jo.  .  .these guys here haven't really seen Babel play.

@Sauron
Rafa gives Babel only like, 5 to 10 minutes playing time, and what magic is he supposed to perform then? Still, sometimes he does the job, and does it well. Gets goals.
But other times, he is not able to do much.  .  .how would he when his teammates are tired and can't read his moves correctly? Blame Rafa if Babel slipped in form this season 'cos the guy is a darn good player.

If Babel were to frequently get half as much playing time as Nani gets, you will be impressed with his performance.

@Brash
LOL.  .  .when did I ever crush on Eboue? grin Eww. Not crushing on Walcott either.  .  .my crush is Vida. kiss He is my current lappie wallpaper. grin Lovely sight to behold!
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by dyabman(m): 11:45pm On May 21, 2009
believe me , they will play to die , who wan loose shirt to lampard and rooney, the best squad in the whole world, hahaha  grin cool
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by tubabie(f): 12:13am On May 22, 2009
My team of the season.
Van der Saar

Bosingwa Glen Johnson Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Steve Ireland Fletcher Rooney

Anelka
Torres

Coach- Alex Ferguson
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 12:21am On May 22, 2009
See Tubabie sef dey line up team!

Past your bedtime love, off you go!!! grin
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by dyabman(m): 12:24am On May 22, 2009
na ur sister?
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by tubabie(f): 12:25am On May 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

See Tubabie sef dey line up team!

Past your bedtime love, off you go!!! grin

If I catch you Brash tongue cheesy

Dyabman ask him o!
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by dyabman(m): 12:27am On May 22, 2009
Nigerians , HABA , wetin u see say i do before, no bi me dey ask am, still dey tell me make i ask am, undecided tongue
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 12:30am On May 22, 2009
RAILWAY people make una no come derail thread with your Love in Tokyo oo!

Tubabie, go to bed, i am not gonna be online anymore! grin kiss
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by dyabman(m): 12:33am On May 22, 2009
now c'mmon , you wan start ur love tales here, love in Hong-kong!
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by tubabie(f): 12:34am On May 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

RAILWAY people make una no come derail thread with your Love in Tokyo oo!

Tubabie, go to bed, i am not gonna be online anymore! grin kiss

And how is that my business dearie?

@ Topic
      . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by dyabman(m): 12:37am On May 22, 2009
??
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Ibime(m): 10:04am On May 22, 2009
Ryan Babel in team of the season? I don't know what some people have been drinking.

Ryan Babel has played the same way since I first saw him when he was 17 years old. He hasn't changed and will not change. Whoever drew a parallel with Nani was dead right. I couldn't draw a better comparison myself. But I have more hope for Nani than I do for Babel. Obviously, Crizzle aint used to this, she's new to this. cool

Dyabman, Figueroa is not a striker, he's a left-back. WTF is up with your formation? No wonder Im trouncing you in fantasy league. grin
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Emperoh(m): 10:42am On May 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

You know what your problem is Emperoh? Acute Charg Strauss Syndrome coupled with thick deposition of Mucus in your brain shocked

You lack the base level common sense factor required to discuss football, how dare you talk about football when u dont even watch it? shocked grin

You are absolutely useless, so is your BMX bicycle seat shaped head tongue

What can revive a twerp like you is a 3000V jolting by a voltage optimizer fitted with a bypass switch, passed through you depleted brain cells

OK now back to the topic! grin

I have prayed ceaselessly and faithfully for ya case. . . . . . and will not lose hope!
But i just have one request to make from you. . . . just tell me the billy goat that you took its brain. . . . i'll make sure you get urs right back tongue grin
I promise. . . . i cross my heart, i will see to this tongue tongue tongue

Unadulterated MUMU!! shocked grin grin

I have repented ooh! stop trying to push me back to me old ways dude! grin
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by debosky(m): 12:27pm On May 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

Nani is a better winger than Babel.
He is naturally-talented, can dribble from a standing position, he can cross, he can shoot.
The only thing Nani lacks right now is END PRODUCT(Ronaldo had the same issue when he first joined Man Utd).
If he can sort that out, he will be greater than Ronaldo.

Babel and Nani are very similar - two over hyped pieces of turd. grin

Babel's only good thing is that he is an accomplished diver in the box. Using his 'speed' to fool the ref. Apart from that, he's obviously not good enough. He was played wide, but was shyte, so Rafa brought in Rieira who played better in one season than Babel's two seasons combined. grin

Even as a striker, Ngog is showing more potential than he is. I'm glad AW didn't waste money on him. We have enough trouble eliminating Walcott's Ikedia tendencies - two players would be too much. grin
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Sauron1: 1:05pm On May 22, 2009
debosky:

Nani is better than Babel in so many ways.
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Emperoh(m): 1:21pm On May 22, 2009
debosky:

Babel's only good thing is that he is an accomplished diver in the box. Using his 'speed' to fool the ref. Apart from that, he's obviously not good enough. He was played wide, but was shyte, so Rafa brought in Rieira who played better in one season than Babel's two seasons combined. grin

Even as a striker, Ngog is showing more potential than he is. I'm glad AW didn't waste money on him. We have enough trouble eliminating Walcott's Ikedia tendencies - two players would be too much. grin
I bet you now love divers. . . .Adebayor is now the president of the EPL Divers Club. grin tongue
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 1:36pm On May 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

Nani is better than Babel in so many ways.

Nah, Nani is useless!

I have a feeling he will be farmed off on loan to some segunda division club soon

The only thing he his half good at is the bloody somersaults but then Kanu Nwankwo who should be hitting 45 soon, is a lot better than him! grin shocked
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by dyabman(m): 11:36pm On May 22, 2009
Ibime:

Dyabman, Figueroa is not a striker, he's a left-back. WTF is up with your formation? No wonder Im trouncing you in fantasy league. grin

e dey happen, lets see the final day , becos i'm sure i will be the FIRST NAIRALAND CHAMPION in the Fantasy league. grin
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by bgees(m): 9:45am On May 23, 2009
Babel should not be on anybody's team of the year and i know Cristalz is just trying out a joke.
Babel is a good player no doubt about that. He has everything u need to be a star striker- speed,trickery and strength. But Babel himself is his own biggest problem. He is the odd one out in the team in terms of belief,strong will and confidence. Babel is not just a fighter and he doesn't want to maturd. He is also very lazy and shy on the ball and thats why Rafa ignores him. Sometimes i think he is not ambitous-there was time he said he would like to return to Ajax because he was not getting enough playing time.
And if u doubt me. Try and to remember how he performed for the dutch at the last olympics. For me, i saw the same lazy skillful boy .
And Rafa shouldnt be blamed for all these. Most times Babel is played as a striker in league and FA cup matches against very small teams and his performances were not even above average.

But i still hope Rafa won't sell him.
And i must mention that Babel is really professional with the press. He talks about how much he wants to improve and be next Thierry Henry but u still the same performance every matchday.
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by yousouph(m): 7:08am On May 26, 2009
GK. Van Der Sar. Went 3 months without being beaten though fronted with stellar defence. LB. Gael Clichy. Many would opt for d experience of Patrice Evra or Ashley Cole but Gael seems 2 be everywhere at once. He has improved this season & apart from one or two high blips, he has been stand out performer 4 d GUNNERS. CB. Nemanja Vidic. His most memorable mistake was d bashing received from Liverpool otherwise he is rock solid. CB. John Terry. Chelsea conceded fewest goals with Man United & dedicated captain played a huge part in that achievement. RB. Glen Johnson. This position has few standout performers in da season. His consistency made him England position. LM. Ashley Young. One of Villa's driving forces & assault on d EPL. CM. Frank Lampard. CM. Steven Gerard. RM. Cristian Ronaldo. The best in da position. CF.Fernando Torres. CF. Nicolas Anelka. Golden boot. Sub - GK. schwarzer Defenders - Jagielka, Hangeland. Mid - Steven Pienaar & Alonso. Strikers - Rooney & Van Persie
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 1:43pm On May 26, 2009
yousouph:

GK. Van Der Sar. Went 3 months without being beaten though fronted with stellar defence. LB. Gael Clichy. Many would opt for d experience of Patrice Evra or Ashley Cole but Gael seems 2 be everywhere at once. He has improved this season & apart from one or two high blips, he has been stand out performer 4 d GUNNERS. CB. Nemanja Vidic. His most memorable mistake was d bashing received from Liverpool otherwise he is rock solid. CB. John Terry. Chelsea conceded fewest goals with Man United & dedicated captain played a huge part in that achievement. RB. Glen Johnson. This position has few standout performers in da season. His consistency made him England position. LM. Ashley Young. One of Villa's driving forces & assault on d EPL. CM. Frank Lampard. CM. Steven Gerard. RM. Cristian Ronaldo. The best in da position. CF.Fernando Torres. CF. Nicolas Anelka. Golden boot. Sub - GK. schwarzer Defenders - Jagielka, Hangeland. Mid - Steven Pienaar & Alonso. Strikers - Rooney & Van Persie

Arsenal went a whole season without losing a game!

Now beat that!!!
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Sauron1: 2:16pm On May 26, 2009
MrCrackles:

Arsenal went a whole season without losing a game!

Now beat that!!!

But they only won 26 league games, drawing 12.
All the winners of the EPL in the last 4 seasons were better than the INVINCIBLES.
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Emperoh(m): 3:12pm On May 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

All the winners of the EPL in the last 4 seasons were better than the INVINCIBLES.
I thought i was the only person who just noticed it!!
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 6:54pm On May 26, 2009
Emperoh:

I thought i was the only person who just noticed it!!

As usual, joining the bandwagon and trying to get noticed!

This is a new week, and like Mr Miyagi, i got more powers to leave you broken into pieces rendering you lifeless! grin

Dont get me started on you! tongue
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 6:56pm On May 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

Sauron, 26 wins, 12 draws, it doesnt matter!

I double dare United to do it

I will slap my Nan, if ya do it in the next 2 seasons! grin cheesy
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by mcmedal(m): 12:17am On May 27, 2009
Using a 4-4-2 formation.
GK-Edwin van de sar
DF-Glen johnson
DF-Nemanja vidic
DF-Rio ferdinand
DF-Pat evra
MF-Ashley young
MF-Ryan giggs
MF-Steve gerrard
MF-C. Ronaldo
FW-Fernando torres
FW-Nich. Anelka
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by mcmedal(m): 12:17am On May 27, 2009
Using a 4-4-2 formation.
GK-Edwin van de sar
DF-Glen johnson
DF-Nemanja vidic
DF-Rio ferdinand
DF-Pat evra
MF-Ashley young
MF-Ryan giggs
MF-Steve gerrard
MF-C. Ronaldo
FW-Fernando torres
FW-Nich. Anelka
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by mcmedal(m): 12:18am On May 27, 2009
Using a 4-4-2 formation.
GK-Edwin van de sar
DF-Glen johnson
DF-Nemanja vidic
DF-Rio ferdinand
DF-Pat evra
MF-Ashley young
MF-Ryan giggs
MF-Steve gerrard
MF-C. Ronaldo
FW-Fernando torres
FW-Nich. Anelka
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by mcmedal(m): 12:19am On May 27, 2009
Using a 4-4-2 formation.
GK-Edwin van de sar
DF-Glen johnson
DF-Nemanja vidic
DF-Rio ferdinand
DF-Pat evra
MF-Ashley young
MF-Ryan giggs
MF-Steve gerrard
MF-C. Ronaldo
FW-Fernando torres
FW-Nich. Anelka
www.leaguefutbol..com
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 12:20am On May 27, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Emperoh(m): 9:11am On May 27, 2009
MrCrackles:

As usual, joining the bandwagon and trying to get noticed!

This is a new week, and like Mr Miyagi, i got more powers to leave you broken into pieces rendering you lifeless! grin

Dont get me started on you! tongue

If you came into this world as an animal, you do be a Camel!! tongue tongue
I am not gay Brash leave me alone. . . .Try Eboue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Image123(m): 10:42am On May 28, 2009
My epl team of the season.
GK: edwin van der saar, pure class.
DF: Sagna. So far, he seems unfortunate to be in his club, he should win things.
DF: Terry. There's only one John Terry.
DF: Nemanja Vidic. Another name for good.
DF: Evra.
MF: Mascherano
MF: Steven Gerrad
MF: Andrei Arshavin. May rule the epl next season barring injuries, the light shining in a dark place.
MF: CR7. The current Ronaldo.
FW: Nicolas Anelka. Professional striker.
FW: Carlos Tevez.
As the sub is Fernando Torres who's jogging all through each match ready to replace Tevez.
Their coaches are S.Alex Fergusson and Guus HiddinK:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EPL Fixtures For 2013/2014 Season / Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 / Jose Mourinho Cannot Be The Best Coach In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.