Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. (2470 Views)

Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Orders Unmarried Youths To Choose Each Other / These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 11:28am On Nov 18, 2015
The prophetic books of the Bible hold the key to a more in-depth understanding of the mind of God. Most people just carry their Bibles about only opening it in church on Sundays, some others use it as shelf decorations in their homes, the bigger to occupy shelf space the better, and many others place it under their pillows to scare away demons from their dreams. Those who care to read the Bible at all read the New Testament most times, but the foundation of the New Testament is firmly rooted in the Old Testament so if there is no understanding of the Old Testament to establish the context of where and what the apostles and disciples are quoting from, one at best has access to only the milk of the word and we all know that milk is perfect food only for infants, adults need meat, and sometimes bones.

1 Like

Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 11:29am On Nov 18, 2015
For example, today, if one gets to understand only just the periphery of what the prophetic books of the Bible are saying, one’s eyes will clear immediately to the see the falsehood that is being taught as doctrine and truth by many of the churches and religious houses worldwide.
Many people have never read Isaiah, or Jeremiah, or Lamentations, or Ezekiel, or Amos, or Daniel, or Hosea or Joel, or Obadiah or Jonah etc., or many who have read these books are confused about what the books are saying. The major reason for this lack of understanding is the inability to situate what the prophets are saying in context; to whom are they speaking, what contexts are they speaking from, what are the timelines for their prophecies, and their manner of speaking.
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 11:30am On Nov 18, 2015
Are you interested in knowing what the book of Isaiah is all about, or Jeremiah, or Ezekiel etc.? Then this thread is for you. I understand that many people have never really studied these parts of the Bible because they cannot make a head of what they contain. So are you interested? You wanna read the prophets on your own and understand what they are saying? This thread is for you.

1 Like

Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MKO4ever(m): 11:42am On Nov 18, 2015
And this is the reason I don't read old testament

Deuteronomy 34:5: So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD.
Deuteronomy 34:6: And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Bethpeor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day
Deuteronomy 34:6: And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.
Deuteronomy 34:7: And the children of Israel wept for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days: so the days of weeping and mourning for Moses were ended.

Now I heard that the book of Deuteronomy was written by Moses, therefore how could he have written the story of his own death?

1 Like

Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 11:47am On Nov 18, 2015
The Rules

1. Biblical words are figuratively used, meanings have changed over time. You have to understand the figurative meaning of words. Learn how words are figuratively used in the Bible. You can start from here:
http://www.biblestudy.org/beginner/meaning-of-symbolic-words-in-bible.html
http://www.newfoundationspubl.org/types.htm
2. Negroes are the Israelites of the Bible, Negroes wrote the Bible.
3. The prophets wrote about you, remove your focus from Israelis and place this focus on yourself. The prophets wrote about you, the Israelis are not the Israelites of the Bible, remove your attention from them, place that attention on yourself.
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 11:50am On Nov 18, 2015
4. Get a KJV Bible. King James Version 1611. There are many deliberately mistranslated Bibles in circulation.
5. Be willing to unlearn what you have been taught, be willing to learn and relearn. You are about to undergo a reverse engineering process
6. You have to learn a little bit about history, especially of the dispersion of people worldwide.
7. Have you ever wondered why the Negro is at the bottom of every socio economic index in the world, why he is regarded as unintelligent and stu.pid by all the other races? You are about to find your answers.
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 11:52am On Nov 18, 2015
8. This is perhaps the most interesting journey you will undertake. You are about to reverse engineer your mind from rubbish. You will first be awed, then you will be angry, then you will continue reading.

9. Godspeed!
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 18, 2015
God bless you for this MrPresident. More wisdom and knowledge to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2015
MKO4ever:
And this is the reason I don't read old testament

Deuteronomy 34:5: So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD.
Deuteronomy 34:6: And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Bethpeor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day
Deuteronomy 34:6: And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.
Deuteronomy 34:7: And the children of Israel wept for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days: so the days of weeping and mourning for Moses were ended.

Now I heard that the book of Deuteronomy was written by Moses, therefore how could he have written the story of his own death?

The whole Bible is continuous, you cannot dwell on one part and leave the other part.

Psalm 40:7
Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

If you do not read the Old Testament, you will not grow properly, you will only be feeding on milk, you cannot develop properly. Paul told us that timothy had known the scriptures right from youth, surely the scriptures being referred to is not the epistles of Paul, but the Law and the Prophets.

2 Timothy 3:15
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

In conclusion, having established the real Scriptures to you, I have to tell you the the Bible is written in allegories, this was the way scribes and learned men of old wrote their stories, especially if they wanted to hide the knowledge they were sharing from people who are unworthy, this way, only the wise, or the initiated would ever understand what they were speaking about.
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MKO4ever(m): 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
MrPresident1:

The whole Bible is continuous, you cannot dwell on one part and leave the other part.

Psalm 40:7
Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

If you do not read the Old Testament, you will not grow properly, you will only be feeding on milk, you cannot develop properly. Paul told us that timothy had known the scriptures right from youth, surely the scriptures being referred to is not the epistles of Paul, but the Law and the Prophets.

2 Timothy 3:15
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

In conclusion, having established the real Scriptures to you, I have to tell you the the Bible is written in allegories, this was the way scribes and learned men of old wrote their stories, especially if they wanted to hide the knowledge they were sharing from people who are unworthy, this way, only the wise, or the initiated would ever understand what they were speaking about.
My question is this:
Who wrote the book of Deuteronomy?
Was it Moses or another Author?
Is the Author anonymous or what is his name?
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by UyiIredia(m): 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
Following. Preach on pleas.

1 Like

Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
MKO4ever:

My question is this:
Who wrote the book of Deuteronomy?
Was it Moses or another Author?
Is the Author anonymous or what is his name?

Moses wrote the book of Deuteronomy. wink
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MKO4ever(m): 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2015
MrPresident1:

Moses wrote the book of Deuteronomy. wink

Moses shocked
That is really interesting. Maybe you didn't read the verses well. Those statements couldn't have been from Moses.
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by akudofarms: 3:09pm On Nov 18, 2015
I am right please continue.
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
MKO4ever:

Moses shocked
That is really interesting. Maybe you didn't read the verses well. Those statements couldn't have been from Moses.

The stories including all the characters are allegories, they are not fiction, they are truth written in a hidden way to frustrate the unworthy from learning the truth which they may use for bad purposes.

There was no person named Moses, or Isaiah, or Jeremiah, or Ezekiel, or Job or Noah, or Daniel; they are all characters in a story. All the stories are factual, true and historical, but they are all presented in allegories.
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
Has anybody started reading?

Any questions, any clarifications needed?
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 4:59pm On Nov 20, 2015
No questions from anybody? The harvest is now prolly complete. wink
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
It wont be easy digesting your interpretation of the bible, for a start i would like to know how you came about this plurality of characters. How did you acquire this knowledge, i'm interested, lets start from there
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by vooks: 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2015
MrPresident1:

The stories including all the characters are allegories, they are not fiction, they are truth written in a hidden way to frustrate the unworthy from learning the truth which they may use for bad purposes.

There was no person named Moses, or Isaiah, or Jeremiah, or Ezekiel, or Job or Noah, or Daniel; they are all characters in a story. All the stories are factual, true and historical, but they are all presented in allegories.
You must be terribly frustrated that there are few primates as dumb and confused as you be. If I had my way, Negroes would have been colonized 300 years before handing them the scriptures cool
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
vooks:

You must be terribly frustrated that there are few primates as dumb and confused as you be. If I had my way, Negroes would have been colonized 300 years before handing them the scriptures cool
immaturity and insecurity at its peak. If you're not interested in what he's saying simply keep shut and ignore rather than spew rubbish

1 Like

Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by vooks: 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2015
Soulprovider:
immaturity and insecurity at its peak. If you're not interested in what he's saying simply keep shut and ignore rather than spew rubbish
Touched a raw nerve I see.

Garbage is garbage my broda ooo
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2015
Soulprovider:
It wont be easy digesting your interpretation of the bible, for a start i would like to know how you came about this plurality of characters. How did you acquire this knowledge, i'm interested, lets start from there

You have to realise that all Bible books provide insights into how God found Israel, how Israel lost favour with God, and how God intends to redeem Israel back to Himself eventually. They are all books with characters called Moses or Isaiah, Noah or Paul as major actors, but under those names are a number of people.

Lemme give you an example to show you that Noah, Job and Daniel are just cover names for righteous men:
Ezekiel 14:13-14
Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it:
14 Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.

Ezekiel 14:19
Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my fury upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast:
20 Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.

Noah Job and Daniel are cover names for righteous men who will not be destroyed when God's wrath arises, they are not single persons but cover names for righteous men.
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
This is meat for the children, it is not for dogs. grin

vooks:

1 Like

Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by ipreach: 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2015
may God give us understanding to His words
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2015
ipreach:
may God give us understanding to His words

Amen.
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by vooks: 7:02pm On Nov 22, 2015
MrPresident1:
This is meat for the children, it is not for dogs. grin

Every ret@rd I ran into claims so

Homosexuality, what does it allegorize cheesy
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by Goshen360(m): 8:51pm On Nov 22, 2015
vooks:

grin grin grin
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by malvisguy212: 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2015
MKO4ever:

Moses shocked
because of Moses disobedient in Numbers 20 God told him that he would not be able to enter the promised land , God even told him that he would die at Moab ,but God say , Moses will only be allowed to view the land afar off. Deuteronomy 34 then
relates how Moses was allowed to view
Canaan from afar before he died
( Deuteronomy 34:1–6). Although not much details were given when God told Moses how he would die, but it is possible God revealed how Moses will die to him (Moses) . After the death of
Moses, the leadership of Israel fell to
Joshua (Deuteronomy 31:7,14) in Numbers
27:18–23 it narrate how God command Moses to give Joshua the leadership, this indicate Moses knows his time of death has come, that why God want Joshua to lead. So it is possible Moses could've wrote almost near to his death, and Joshua wrote the rest. Some scholar mention Ezra as the author of Deuteronomy 34 or the seventy elders who served under Moses (Exodus 24:9).
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 11:21am On Nov 23, 2015
malvisguy212:
because of Moses disobedient in Numbers 20 God told him that he would not be able to enter the promised land , God even told him that he would die at Moab ,but God say , Moses will only be allowed to view the land afar off. Deuteronomy 34 then
relates how Moses was allowed to view
Canaan from afar before he died
( Deuteronomy 34:1–6). Although not much details were given when God told Moses how he would die, but it is possible God revealed how Moses will die to him (Moses) . After the death of
Moses, the leadership of Israel fell to
Joshua (Deuteronomy 31:7,14) in Numbers
27:18–23 it narrate how God command Moses to give Joshua the leadership, this indicate Moses knows his time of death has come, that why God want Joshua to lead. So it is possible Moses could've wrote almost near to his death, and Joshua wrote the rest. Some scholar mention Ezra as the author of Deuteronomy 34 or the seventy elders who served under Moses (Exodus 24:9).

You are breaking Rule No 5.
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by MrPresident1: 11:22am On Nov 23, 2015
vooks:

grin
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by urahara(m): 12:05pm On Nov 23, 2015
From the amazing old Testament check this out.

Ezekiel 26

26 And in the eleventh year, on the first day of the month [after the carrying away of King Jehoiachin], the word of the Lord came to me, saying,

2 Son of man, because Tyre has said against Jerusalem, Aha! She is broken that has been the gate of the people; she is open to me [Tyre]; I shall become full now that she is desolate and a wasteland,

3 Therefore thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Tyre, and will cause many nations to come up against you as the sea mounts up by its waves.

4 And they shall destroy the walls of Tyre and break down her towers; I will also scrape her dust from her and make her bare like the top of a rock.

5 Her island in the midst of the sea shall become a place for the spreading of nets, for I have spoken it, says the Lord God; and she shall become a prey and a spoil to the nations.

6 And Tyre’s daughters [her towns and villages on the mainland] in the level place shall be slain by the sword, and they shall know (understand and realize) that I am the Lord [the Sovereign Ruler, Who calls forth loyalty and obedient service].

7 For thus says the Lord God: Behold, I will bring from the north upon Tyre Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, a king of kings, with horses and chariots and with horsemen and a host of many people.

8 He shall slay with the sword your daughters [the towns and villages] in the level area [on the mainland], and he shall make a fortified wall against you and cast up a siege mound against you and raise up a roof of bucklers and shields as a defense against you.

9 And he shall set his battering engines in shock against your walls, and with his axes he will break down your towers.

10 Because of the great number of [Nebuchadrezzar’s] horses, their dust will cover you; your walls [O Tyre] will shake at the noise of the horsemen and of the wagon wheels and of the chariots, when he enters into your gates as men enter into the city in whose walls there has been made a breach.

11 With the hoofs of his horses [Nebuchadrezzar] will trample all your streets; he will slay your people with the sword and your strong pillars or obelisks will fall to the ground.

12 And [your adversaries] shall make a spoil of your riches and make booty of your merchandise. And they shall break down your walls and destroy your pleasant houses, and they shall lay the stones and the timber and the very dust from your demolished city out in the midst of the water [between the island and the mainland city site to make a causeway].

13 And I will cause the noise of your songs to cease, and the sound of your lyres shall be no more heard.

14 And I will make you [Tyre] abare rock; you shall be a place upon which to spread nets; you shall never be rebuilt, for I the Lord have spoken it, says the Lord God.

15 Thus says the Lord God to Tyre: Shall not the isles and coastlands shake at the sound of your fall when the wounded groan, when the slaughter is made in the midst of you?

16 Then all the princes of the sea shall come down from their thrones and lay aside their robes and strip off their embroidered garments; they shall clothe themselves with tremblings; they shall sit upon the ground and shall tremble every moment and be astonished at youand appalled.

17 They shall take up a lamentation over you and say to you, How you are destroyed and vanished, O renowned city that was won from the seas and inhabited by seafaring men, renowned city that was mighty on the sea, she and her inhabitants who caused their terror to fall upon all who dwell there!

18 Now the isles and coastlands tremble in the day of your fall; yes, the isles that are in the sea are troubled and dismayed at your departure.

19 For thus says the Lord God: When I make you a desolate city like the cities that are not inhabited, when I bring up the deep over you and great waters cover you,

20 Then I will thrust you down with those who descend into the pit (the place of the dead) to the people of olden times, and I will make you [Tyre] to dwell in the lower world like the places that were desolate of old, with those who go down to the pit, that you be not inhabited or shed forth your glory and renown in the land of the living.

21 I will make you a terror [bring you to a dreadful end] and you shall be no more. Though you be sought, yet you shall never be found again, says the Lord God.

......tyre is still existing with people living on it and nebucadnezzar is dead.
Nebucadnezzar failed to destroy tyre.
Re: How To Understand The Bible Books Of Isaiah, Jeremiah, And Ezekiel. by malvisguy212: 12:22pm On Nov 23, 2015
MrPresident1:

You are breaking Rule No 5.
who make the rules? You or the Holy spirit?

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Are A Nice Person Take This Test / Why Are You A Christian? / The Church Of Satan`

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.