Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,302 members, 7,846,348 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Yar’adua Can’t Deliver – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua Can’t Deliver – Buhari (846 Views)

Buhari Can’t Deliver 10,000 Mw –NLC / Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) / Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yar’adua Can’t Deliver – Buhari by kay9(m): 1:05am On May 21, 2009
Yar’Adua can’t deliver – Buhari

Barely 48 hours after Professor Ango Abdullahi, former special adviser to former president Olusegun Obasanjo, declared that President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua lacks the political will to move Nigeria forward, another prominent northerner, and the president’s main challenger in the last presidential election, General Mohammed Buhari (retd), has also said the president cannot deliver.

Speaking on a BBC Hausa service, monitored in Kaduna, on Tuesday, the ANPP presidential flag bearer insisted that Yar’Adua was never sincere ab initio on all the promises he made to Nigerians.
Specifically, Buhari said: “My position is that first of all, for those who are following what happened, I sat down and observed the stand of Yar’Adua on the problems of Nigeria, after he swore with the holy Qur’an, what he said was that the election was marred by irregularities and when election matters have been concluded in the courts, committees would be formed to look after cases where some people were wronged. I heard him said this with my own ears.

“But he has not lived up to his words. When he appointed the retired Chief Judge, Alhaji Lawal Uwais, I was against the appointment because Uwais was Chief Justice of the Federation when we lost our election appeal in the court, after spending 30 months in court.

“Yes, I said that Uwais was not competent to be appointed. For now to say that Uwais has presided over the report on electoral reform, which will not impress me. Even the president himself said that the committee would not be formed until after all election petitions have been settled in court. He said that would be time when all the gray areas would be known. If that very tape would be played now without been edited, you will see that was exactly what he said.

“But as soon as he appointed Uwais, I knew that nothing would happen. Nigerians are feeling the negative impact of the Yar’Adua administration. They are not doing what they are supposed to do but they keep on saying they will do this and that. Does that mean when they were seeking for the votes of Nigerians, they were not prepared and ready with the things they intended to do for Nigerians? Don’t they have a manifesto? Is the PDP not having a manifesto with the details of what they intended to do when they are elected?

“The people are crying. They were promised water to drink, good schools, drugs in hospitals and good roads. But after two years, when these topics are brought to the fore, government will say they are thinking about it. But these thoughts supposed to have been planned and articulated since, and should have bear fruits by now,” he added.

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=77948113861&h=m8woI&u=6mGnL&ref=nf
Re: Yar’adua Can’t Deliver – Buhari by Japheth17: 2:03pm On Mar 02, 2022
Lol
Now look at how "well run" Nigeria is under his rule �

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CPI 2008: Nigeria Is Not As Corrupt As Most Of You Think. / Ruling Party Seeks Consensus Candidate For Anambra State / So Pathetic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.