Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Abolition Of Indigene & Non Indigenes Discrimination In Schools In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abolition Of Indigene & Non Indigenes Discrimination In Schools In Nigeria (823 Views)

FG Seeks Abolition Of Visa Requirement Among D-8 Member Countries / Ogun State Governor Orders Arrest Of Indigene For Critcising Wife On Fbk / Non-indigenes In Rivers Petition Buhari Over Wike’s Sack Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abolition Of Indigene & Non Indigenes Discrimination In Schools In Nigeria by cool318(m): 10:44am On Nov 19, 2015
I have been wondering why we call ourselves One Nigeria when Higher Institutions like UST Port Harcourt, will be charging a none Indigenous student almost 80k higher. My cousins are among the Protesters right now

This is seen also in schools in the West & the North.
Pls , I want to ask, is this applicable to Countries like UK & America.

Why must we answer one Nigeria when every body knows where they belong to. This is the reason Ethnicity remains a Problem in Nigeria.
Re: Abolition Of Indigene & Non Indigenes Discrimination In Schools In Nigeria by chocolateme(f): 10:44am On Nov 19, 2015
It is now affecting the younger and tender generations.
Re: Abolition Of Indigene & Non Indigenes Discrimination In Schools In Nigeria by benedictnsi(m): 10:45am On Nov 19, 2015
It really needs to be stopped. It is same lecturers and lectures
Re: Abolition Of Indigene & Non Indigenes Discrimination In Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 19, 2015
Nothing like one Nigeria....
Stop wasting your time deceiving yourself....
By the way tell your sis to go home or better still enroll in her indigenous school.

1 Like

Re: Abolition Of Indigene & Non Indigenes Discrimination In Schools In Nigeria by cool318(m): 11:10am On Nov 19, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
Nothing like one Nigeria....
Stop wasting your time deceiving yourself....
By the way tell your sis to go home or better still enroll in her indigenous school.

I have never been an Advocate of the Unholy Marriage that took place in 1914.
But when you raise up the issue, you will hear Politicized Opinions.

I wonder where this Country is heading to
Re: Abolition Of Indigene & Non Indigenes Discrimination In Schools In Nigeria by Pavore9: 11:30am On Nov 19, 2015
As long as every State is collecting monthly allocation from the national treasury, there is no justification for the discrimination along the lines of Indigene and non-Indigenes.
Re: Abolition Of Indigene & Non Indigenes Discrimination In Schools In Nigeria by cool318(m): 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
Pavore9:
As long as every State is collecting monthly allocation from the national treasury, there is no justification for the discrimination along the lines of Indigene and non-Indigenes.

So where are we not getting it Right?,
Lalastical, more voices are needed on this matter of National Concern.
Re: Abolition Of Indigene & Non Indigenes Discrimination In Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
cool318:
I have been wondering why we call ourselves One Nigeria when Higher Institutions like UST Port Harcourt, will be charging a none Indigenous student almost 80k higher. My cousins are among the Protesters right now

Why must we answer one Nigeria when every body knows where they belong to. This is the reason Ethnicity remains a Problem in Nigeria.

Make d northern president hear that from ur mouth
Re: Abolition Of Indigene & Non Indigenes Discrimination In Schools In Nigeria by anibi9674: 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
op go and die . if our government decide to give us amnesty or subsidy hw is it your concern.
Re: Abolition Of Indigene & Non Indigenes Discrimination In Schools In Nigeria by PaulJohn1: 4:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
cool318:

It's a barbaric and non-unifying idea that should be stopped.

@ the bolded part. Must the western lifestyle and rules always be what we follow? Perhaps you would support this act if the westerners practice such.

We need to be original, and have reasonable & indigenous ideolog for everything we delve into.

Even German & US federal states(which many like the OP believe we must always copy) have different rules and regulations they follow. They don't copy ideologies if they are not conceived by their ways of life.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Mother And Daughter Drown In A Well In Enugu / Kogi Election Has Been Cancelled. / Sokoto State Has Not Experience Blackout Since On Sunday. What About Your State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.