Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,660 members, 7,809,494 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL (2380 Views)

Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland / Mtn Stealing Peoples Money, Please Mod To Front Page / This Is A Call To All Mod And Super Mod To Ban Soe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by Codedrock(m): 10:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nairaland of the moment is so not the Nairaland i knew four years ago, Tribalism has gotten to its peak most especially the frontpage comments.
Last week i was listeneing to a Radio staion and i heard these OAPs talking about Nairaland and tribalism, they said it is totally destroying the platform which is what i think already.
Lets come to our right senses, Nairaland was created for Nigeria and Nigerians right? Nairaland is not for any tribe in particular its Nigerians which means only issues pertaining Nigeria should be discussed here which means we can pour out our minds about our country which is a good thing.
But seun maybe you have not been checking the frontpage comments thesedays but since last year Nairaland's comment section has gained a lot of strength when it comes to tribalistic comments, and they are not just tribalistic comments but very disgusting comments.
Earlier this year i introduced one of my brothers to Nairaland and he said he already know the site but he didn't like the way people talk there, he said when he check comments and stuffs and he said he doesn't like how people diss each other's tribe here..

We all know everybody has got a right to say their minds here but last time i checked there was still a rule aginst tribalism.
Lets all take a look at what is happening in Nairaland's comments section of most Frontpage topics these days its all full of seriously disgusting comments. I mean the Nairaland comments section that used to make me laugh and keep my day less boring has turned to what makes me frown, the comment section is no longer fun anymore its all about insults on each other's tribe.

It is ok for us to praise our tribes here, i mean you can say good things about your tribe and stuffs here there is nothing tribalistic in that but when you start saying bullshits and disgusting stuffs about other Nigerian tribes that is called; tribalism.

Guys lets take a look at this not very funny scenario that took place on Nairaland few days ago when news of a Nigerian person solving an unsolved mathematics problem attaining a huge feat. Its a bit sad tribalism on Nairaland has gotten far that some Nigerians on Nairaland can't even appreciate a fellow Nigerian, it got to a stage that Nairaland users had to find out a news that says the person didn't attain the feat. And sad part of it all is comments on the thread were so unbelievable it was like a set of people were rejoicing this fellow Nigerian didn't attain the feat and dropping insulting comments about this Man's tribe. Find the disgusting comments on the thread here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2741612/clay-math-institute-denies-century Well, BBC later confirmed the news meaning the Nigerian did attain the feat.
Many other thread has gone in the past its all about; "Hausa this, Igbo that,Yoruba this Nigeria that." and more.. Why does it have to be like that. Do some people find this fun? what kind of influence do they think they are making?
Things have gotten worse to a stage where topics not relating to anything about any tribe will quickly be turned into a tribalistic war zone.

Lets come to our right senses; tell me which matured Nigerian person would come here and check the comment section and seeing his/her tribe and people being insulted all over is going to like it? No one!.. Either we want it or not this is going to have influences in the real world.
Nairaland should be a figure to bring Nigerians together not tear them apart.

And there is this disgusting term going on right now, calling the beautiful Nigerians "Zoogerians" and some disgusting names like that, wait, what is Nairaland all about in the first place? Is it not about Nigeria? so Nairaland wouldn't be a tool to deform Nigeria's image.

Please i so want the old Nairaland back. i miss it, i miss the good, sensible, and funny comments that used to be on the frontpage topics. We want unity restored.

Seun maybe you have not been checking comments lately but things have been pretty bad. I am writing this article from the bottom of my heart, i have no bad belle against any tribe, i got at least two close friends that are not my tribe members at school and as far as i can tell they are so not tribalistic so why all these bull.shit on Nairaland?
The sad part is; some people might still come here and turn this thread to another tribalistic war zone.

Bro i am offering myself to be a mod to remove any disgusting comment on frontpage topics, and if you are not choosing me please Find a mod that would monitor those frontpage comments and remove any tribalistic comment from there.
Thanks.
&
PEACE................

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by Tocheagle(m): 10:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
Signs of END TIME

2 Likes

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by brize(m): 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
Lol... We will get to the finish line of this... Let the e-war start... I am a Biafra and a nigeria by necessity

1 Like

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by wisdomguy4u(m): 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
Just tell us you need a job...

For Godsake, We are in a democratic regime, pple should be allowed to exercise their freedom of expression. If I see Nigeria as a Zoo, that my personal view . If you see Nigeria as a paradise, that's your own view, you respect my view , I respect yours. Why try to suppress my voice?

We africans don't really know what democracy is all about. Dictatorship is inked into our skin. That's why we don't grow like our contemporaries in the western world. We are repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience. That's why the world see africa as an animal kingdom, were their is no respect for human rights.

They call you Zoo, you called them Biafra, miscreants, touts e.t.c , so why wailing again?

13 Likes

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by fineguy11(m): 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
I second this apt OBSERVATION/THREAD!@seun dont let 53k ad per week shift your focus on what needs to be done...order needs to be restored on this platform if not I MAY JUST REPORT THIS SITE TO ANONYMOUS!

1 Like

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by shizzy7(f): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
LLLOooolllll

You will work for free oooo and full-time. hunger go wire you.

You can NEVER end tribalism on NL because we have some mumu species suffering from
*we are clueless* deficiency syndrome.

They don't mind having more than 10 e-mails dedicated to NL.

7 Likes

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by Codedrock(m): 10:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
shizzy7:
LLLOooolllll
You will work for free oooo and full-time. hunger go wire you.
You can NEVER end tribalism on NL because we have some mumu species suffering from
*we are clueless* deficiency syndrome.
They don't mind having more than 10 e-mails dedicated to NL.

Please i don't need no money. I am a busy online entrepreneur i don't even have time to write comments on frontpage. All i want is this issue solved. SEUN can get whoever he needs to do this job.
And Guys don't turn this to another tribalistic thread.

wisdomguy4u:
Just tell us you need a job...

For Godsake, We are in a democratic regime, pple should be allowed to exercise their freedom of expression. If I see Nigeria as a Zoo, that my personal view . If you see Nigeria as a paradise, that's your own view, you respect my view , I respect yours. Why try to suppress my voice?

We africans don't really know what democracy is all about. Dictatorship is inked into our skin. That's why we don't grow like our contemporaries in the western world. We are repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience. That's why the world see africa as an animal kingdom, were their is no respect for human rights.

They call you Zoo, you called them Biafra, miscreants, touts e.t.c , so why wailing again?

Hello, maybe that is for you but for me and other Africans we don't have dictatorship and other things u mentioned up there inclined to our skin. And in case you don't know, there is nothing interestinng in saying negative things to people, your words are powerful, your view and opinion sharing has turned to a curse sharing therefore i say Nigeria is not a zoo it is a country. And what are talking about here? Are we not talking to every tribes on Nairaland to respect each other? so what are you saying.??

4 Likes

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by ezeagu(m): 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
Codedrock:
Nairaland of the moment is so not the Nairaland i knew four years ago,

You mustn't have remembered years ago, or maybe it's because it's no longer a one sided thing.

1 Like

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by iykomo0(m): 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
first of all, #Free #NnamdiKanu
.... then we need a referendum....

what am a even saying....??

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS BIAFRA

4 Likes

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by zibi2(m): 11:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
coolBlame

1 Like

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by Codedrock(m): 11:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
iykomo0:
first of all, #Free #NnamdiKanu
.... then we need a referendum....

what am a even saying....??

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS BIAFRA

Please how is insulting another person's tribe going to bring back the name mentioned. and secondly who said anything about "Biafra" on this thread.
Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by MissSlimbody(f): 11:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
Codedrock:

Seriously?? As peaceful as that topic was, we still have people like this here?
Don't be surprise bro, many are frustrated. And what they do is, bring the frustration online.

6 Likes

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by iykomo0(m): 11:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
Codedrock:

Please how is insulting another person's tribe going to bring back the name mentioned. and secondly who said anything about "Biafra" on this thread.

it's d genesis of the whole problems...

and am loving the Fact that YOROBASTARDS & BANZA BAKWAI are hating the topic....

they cnt do without their SS OIL...

ndi ala...

**EDITED...

LESS I FORGET....

THE HAUSA NATION WAS BORN A BASTARD...

ASK ANY HAUSA MAN TO EXPLAIN WHAT "BANZA BAKWAI " MEAN.....

AS FOR D YOROBASTARDS... THEY ARE SIMPLY FROM HELL

2 Likes

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by darisgod(m): 11:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mteechw shhhiiiiioooooo
Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by shizzy7(f): 11:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
Codedrock:

Seriously?? As peaceful as that topic was, we still have people like this here?
My dear, you don't know those you are dealing with.

If suen grants your wish, they will make your enemy go mental.
You do not know what you are signing up for.

4 Likes

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by demarc001: 11:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Ol boy! See new job application tactics oo!

1 Like

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by Alphaoscar: 11:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
Codedrock:

Please i don't need no money. I am busy online entrepreneur i don't even have time to write comments on frontpage. All i want is this issue solved. SEUN can get whoever he needs to do this job.

They will soon delete this thread while they pretend not to have seen all the tribalist and ethnic jingoistic threads and comments all over the.

I have resigned my own self to fate because I believe tmit is possible that the forum management are benefitting some worthwhile from all this hence their decision to turn the other way always.

There are scores of posters on this section who naturally should have been sent to life retirement but instead they are now untouchable.

5 Likes

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by mcjoe007: 11:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
iykomo0:
Another YoroBastard from Southwest
igbo bitch always hating
Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by bugzbunny: 11:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
Op....... Nairaland is a mirror
It reflects the real us
We are tribesmen first then
Country second
We are tribalistic in nature
We are not one people
We are not a nation but amalgamation of nations..... So chaos is the product.. Retrogression and downward spiral... Get used to it op.... Nigeria is a british mistake.. We need to correct

4 Likes

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by jbl007(m): 11:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
iykomo0:
Another YoroBastard from Southwest
I no blame u...u are walking in ur father's steps.
Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by ghostmist: 11:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
Codedrock:
Nairaland of the moment is so not the Nairaland i knew four years ago, Tribalism has gotten to its peak most especially the frontpage comments.
Last week i was listeneing to a Radio staion and i heard these OAPs talking about Nairaland and tribalism, they said it is totally destroying the platform which is what i think already.
Lets come to our right senses, Nairaland was created for Nigeria and Nigerians right? Nairaland is not for any tribe in particular its Nigerians which means only issues pertaining Nigeria should be discussed here which means we can pour out our minds about our country which is a good thing.
But seun maybe you have not been checking the frontpage comments thesedays but since last year Nairaland's comment section has gained a lot of strength when it comes to tribalistic comments, and they are not just tribalistic comments but very disgusting comments.
Earlier this year i introduced one of my brothers to Nairaland and he said he already know the site but he didn't like the way people talk there, he said when he check comments and stuffs and he said he doesn't like how people diss each other's tribe here..

We all know everybody has got a right to say their minds here but last time i checked there was still a rule aginst tribalism.
Lets all take a look at what is happening in Nairaland's comments section of most Frontpage topics these days its all full of seriously disgusting comments. I mean the Nairaland comments section that used to make me laugh and keep my day less boring has turned to what makes me frown, the comment section is no longer fun anymore its all about insults on each other's tribe.

It is ok for us to praise our tribes here, i mean you can say good things about your tribe and stuffs here there is nothing tribalistic in that but when you start saying bullshits and disgusting stuffs about other Nigerian tribes that is called; tribalism.

Guys lets take a look at this not very funny scenario that took place on Nairaland few days ago when news of a Nigerian person solving an unsolved mathematics problem attaining a huge feat. Its a bit sad tribalism on Nairaland has gotten far that some Nigerians on Nairaland can't even appreciate a fellow Nigerian, it got to a stage that Nairaland users had to find out a news that says the person didn't attain the feat. And sad part of it all is comments on the thread were so unbelievable it was like a set of people were rejoicing this fellow Nigerian didn't attain the feat and dropping insulting comments about this Man's tribe. Find the disgusting comments on the thread here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2741612/clay-math-institute-denies-century Well, BBC later confirmed the news meaning the Nigerian did attain the feat.
Many other thread has gone in the past its all about; "Hausa this, Igbo that,Yoruba this Nigeria that." and more.. Why does it have to be like that. Do some people find this fun? what kind of influence do they think they are making?
Things have gotten worse to a stage where topics not relating to anything about any tribe will quickly be turned into a tribalistic war zone.

Lets come to our right senses; tell me which matured Nigerian person would come here and check the comment section and seeing his/her tribe and people being insulted all over is going to like it? No one!.. Either we want it or not this is going to have influences in the real world.

And there is this disgusting term going on right now, calling the beautiful Nigerians "Zoogerians" and some disgusting names like that, wait, what is Nairaland all about in the first place? Is it not about Nigeria? so Nairaland wouldn't be a tool to deform Nigeria's image.

Please i so want the old Nairaland back. i miss it, i miss the good, sensible, and funny comments that used to be on the frontpage topics. We want unity restored.

Seun maybe you have not been checking comments lately but things have been pretty bad. I am writing this article from the bottom of my heart, i have no bad belle against any tribe, i got at least two close friends that are not my tribe members at school and as far as i can tell they are so not tribalistic so why all these bull.shit on Nairaland?
The sad part is; some people might still come here and turn this thread to another tribalistic war zone.

Bro i am offering myself to be a mod to remove any disgusting comment on frontpage topics, and if you are not choosing me please Find a mod that would monitor those frontpage comments and remove any tribalistic comment from there.
Thanks.
&
PEACE................
As per the bolded; why contradict yourself? Nigeria is made up of several ethnic groups. Discussing the issues affecting these ethnic groups is tantamount to discusssing the issues affecting Nigeria. How do you discuss Nigeria, without discussing those who make up Nigeria? undecided
Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
Codedrock:

Please i don't need no money. I am busy online entrepreneur i don't even have time to write comments on frontpage. All i want is this issue solved. SEUN can get whoever he needs to do this job.

I don't blame you, you are from africa. You bunch have no respect for freedom of expression. Go to American blogs and see for yourself heinous names they call Obama. Pple are airing their grievances , instead of you to address the situation and make them change their view, you are busy trying to suppress their voice.

This is why some whites still call you black monkey, bcus you act and reason like a monkey.

1 Like

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by speedyGonzales: 11:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
you are biased! never gonna work! nigerians are tribal, and it is not exclusive to nigeria, human being are all tribal !
Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
Op, you are flogging a dead horse. What goes on online is a microcosm of the reality across this country. In as much as tribal war repulses me, I have decided to groan less when people engage in it online. Have you ever had your CV pinned down by a group of tribal pros in a multinational company because you do not come from a particular part of the country, despite that you're exceptionally fit for the job?

If you want to kill tribalism in Nigeria, simply abrogate:
1. Quota system.
2. State of origin requirements.
3. Local government of origin requirements.
4. Zoning.
5. All dysfunctional laws and practices that disfigure a merit-driven society.
6. Elitist political campaigns hinged on tribalism.
7. All regional political parties. All parties should be collapsed into two national political parties.

Lastly, please visit Punch online news portal for worse comments.

1 Like

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by tartar9(m): 11:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
the stupîd flathèads are the ones responsible for both the tribalism and religious intolerance here on nairaland.
Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by shizzy7(f): 11:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

I don't blame you, you are from africa. You bunch have no respect for freedom of expression. Go to American blogs and see for yourself heinous names they call Obama. Pple are airing their grievances , instead of you to address the situation and make them change their view, you are busy trying to suppress their voice.

This is why some whites still call you black monkey, bcus you act and reason like a monkey.
You are typing/thinking out of Context..

Insulting other tribes Consistently is different from
Insulting the President like "dullard" and other names.

The op is talking about the former NOT latter.

They all have representatives in the SENATE and house of representatives saying NOTHING about it.

What has *black monkey* and *you are from Africa* got to do with everything or anything on this thread?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
Codedrock:

Thanks.
&
PEACE................

You want to be hiding comments like sexkillz hun?

The earlier you embrace the Truth the better. Those posting comments for and against a tribe aren't animals, they are humans with opinions, believes, values.

Whether you like it or not, you are more Yoruba or which ever tribe you are from than you are Nigerian.
Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
iykomo0:

it's d genesis of the whole problems...

and am loving the Fact that YOROBASTARDS & BANZA BAKWAI are hating the topic....

they cnt do without their SS OIL...

ndi ala...

**EDITED...

LESS I FORGET....

THE HAUSA NATION WAS BORN A BASTARD...

ASK ANY HAUSA MAN TO EXPLAIN WHAT "BANZA BAKWAI " MEAN.....

AS FOR D YOROBASTARDS... THEY ARE SIMPLY FROM HELL

Man;u nid to work on yourself..! Especially when reading writeups With ur ludicrous brain nd not acting lk a puerile juvenile ..All d jargons u wrote r extraneous to what is bein discussed ere'..#

Quote me bruh' ah wll word u down

3 Likes

Re: Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 20, 2015
whats insult in saying, for example; Yorubas are basztards, when a girl of less than 25yrs old already has six children at home from six different sources., some flat heads, some cone heads and other with looks like the abokis. That why when you see a Ýoruba person they look first 'confused' before lóoking like Yoruba....is this not the truth?

So why try to make peeps say otherwise instead of the truth.

Just think about it first then click 'like' not 'quote'.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawyers To Charge Buhari To ICC In February For Crimes Against Biafrans -IBTIMES / PHOTO: See The Letter Buhari Wrote To Join Nigerian Army At Age 18 / Checkout This Tweet About Gej's Prediction By Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.