Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like (8427 Views)

Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. / Why Do People Leave Islam? (spoken Word By Ex-muslim) / Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:33pm On Apr 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u-TMhLnFc8

Meet Mona Walter, the ex Muslim who discovered what was in the qur'an and she did not like it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:00pm On May 01, 2015
For the benefit of those who can't view the video.

Ex-Muslim: Qur'an Revealed a Religion I Did Not Like

By Dale Hurd
CBN News Sr. Reporter
Tuesday, April 28, 2015

GOTHENBURG, Sweden -- Mona Walter is on a mission. Her mission is for more Muslims to know what is in the Qur'an. She says if more Muslims knew what was in the Qur'an, more would leave Islam.

Walter came to Sweden from Somalia as a war refugee when she was 19. She says she was excited about joining a modern European nation with equal rights for women. But as a young Muslim woman, that was not the Sweden she encountered.

A Real Introduction to Islam

It was in Sweden that she first experienced radical Islam on a daily basis.

"I discovered Islam first in Sweden. In Somalia, you're just a Muslim, without knowing the Qur'an. But then you come to Sweden and you go to mosque and there is the Qur'an, so you have to cover yourself and you have to be a good Muslim."

Walter says she grew up in Somalia never having read the Qur'an.

"I didn't know what I was a part of. I didn't know who Muhammad was. I didn't know who Allah was. So, when I found out, I was upset. I was sad and I was disappointed," she recalled.

And it was in Sweden that Walters says she discovered Allah is a god who hates, and that Islam is not a religion of peace.

"It's about hating and killing those who disagree with Islam. It's about conquering. Muhammad, he was immoral. He was a bloodthirsty man. He was terrible man, and Muslims can read that in his biography -- what he did to Jews, how he raped women, how he killed people. I mean, he killed everyone who didn't agree with him," she explained.

Discouraged, Walter left Islam and became an atheist, until one day a family member encouraged her to read the Bible. She still remembers the first time she read Matthew 5:44, where Jesus said to "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

Christianity, a New Perspective

"It was very strange for me to 'love your enemy,' because in Islam it is 'kill your enemy.' 'Kill your enemy and anyone who refuses Islam.' But Jesus Christ was all about love and peace and forgiveness and tolerance, and for some reason, I needed that," she said.

She went to see Pastor Fouad Rasho of Angered Alliance Church, a Syrian immigrant who ministers to former Muslims in Sweden.

"She started to believe and she came to me. And that was the beginning of her trusting," he said.

When she accepted Christ, Walter said she felt "so happy" and "filled with joy."

Walter says the Lord gave her a burden for Muslims who still do not know the truth about Islam. And she began to study the Qur'an, and began copying verses from the Qur'an and handing them out on the street to Muslim women.

Rescuing Muslims with Truth

"Sometimes they listen and sometimes they become very upset, and I tell them, 'You know your husband has a right to beat you if you don't obey him?' And they say 'No, It does not say that.' 'Yes, it does say that.' I thought if I tell them about Muhammad and about the Qur'an and about this god of Islam who hates, who kills, who discriminates against women, maybe they will have a choice and leave," she explained.

But in politically correct Sweden, Walter has come under attack for simply repeating what is in the Qur'an.

"I've been called an 'Islamophobe,' and yeah [they tell me], 'You've been bought,' 'You're a house nigger,' and stuff like that, terrible things, " she said.

She has also been called a racist. Walter warns that Islamic radicalism is a serious threat in Sweden, and says Swedish society should care more about women trapped in Islam.

"[Swedes] will think, 'Oh, we're in Sweden; we have freedom of religion,' but Muslim women don't have freedom of religion. They live under the law of Allah, not under Swedish law. So they will suppose everyone has freedom of religion. We don't have freedom of religion. It's not for Muslim women. It's for everyone else," Walter argued.

Walter lives under death threats and sometimes travels with police protection. She wanted to show us Muslim areas around Gothenburg, but had to first dress as a Muslim. She believes if she were to show her face, she would be attacked.

"I can never go to those areas just being me, flesh and blood Mona. I would never get out of there alive," she said.

"I mean, Muslims are normally good people like everyone else," she continued. "But then when they read the Qur'an, then they become a killing machine."

"This so-called ISIS or Al Shabab or Boko Haram, they're not like extremists. They're not fanatical. They're just good Muslims, good Muslims who follow the teachings of Islam. The prophet Muhammad, he did that. They're doing what he did," she explained.

Walter now uses videos and speaking appearances to spread her message. And she says she won't stop, even though her life is in danger.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by Ifeann(f): 2:35pm On May 01, 2015
Very insightful
I invite yazach tola9ja 9jaforlife empiree abuamam roypcain mrolai jamillion yourmain ayinba7 ypeace etc to read this
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by MrPristine: 3:25pm On May 01, 2015
Very soon Muslims would be stopped from reading the Quran to prevent them from leaving Islam grin
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:38pm On May 04, 2015
Ifeann:

Very insightful
I invite yazach tola9ja 9jaforlife empiree abuamam roypcain mrolai jamillion yourmain ayinba7 ypeace etc to read this

Did they honour your invitation to read? I hope they read it and had good food for thought. undecided
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:40pm On May 04, 2015
MrPristine:

Very soon Muslims would be stopped from reading the Quran to prevent them from leaving Islam grin

Not many of them can comprehend it, they depend on what their imams tell them.

1 Like

Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by mustymatic(m): 12:00am On May 05, 2015
She was never a Muslim...so go on

1 Like

Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by mustymatic(m): 12:07am On May 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:
For the benefit of those who can't view the video.

She doesn't read d quran, doesn't kno who Muhammad is, Allah is, how was she a Muslim? I smells propaganda in here.

3 Likes

Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by 9jaforlife: 12:35am On May 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Did they honour your invitation to read? I hope they read it and had good food for thought. undecided

Just like we've had tonnes of 'good food for thought' with his/her endless nonsense! undecided
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:40am On May 05, 2015
mustymatic:

She was never a Muslim...so go on

What was she, a Mormon? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by mustymatic(m): 1:14am On May 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

What was she, a Mormon? undecided
maybe, or not, Do you kno who ur lord is? do u read d Bible? that's y u r a xtian n vice versa
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by jcross19: 6:59am On May 05, 2015
mustymatic:

She doesn't read d quran, doesn't kno who Muhammad is, Allah is, how was she a Muslim? I smells propaganda in here.
see you here in my vicinity I met one alfa I mean a strong muslim man,a devotee muslim that a rebuild a mosque in our side here , born as a muslims he in a typical islamic background but now is strong evangelist,we met on mountain for prayer. The has to ran away from town to village for the sake of his life and is family what about if that man started campaigning with a video what will you say?is not a muslim?johnson suleiman,ashimolowo, pastor yusuf yinka,and many more I mean many more that turn preacher not even just a member. Wise up.
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by Nobody: 9:09am On May 05, 2015
A God and creator of all living who knws d end frm the begining will not instruct killing of non moslem who wsnt oppurtuned to knw wot Islam is all about...Jesus said preach to dem about d kingdom to come, If they believe baptise them, if dey refuse move on but mohammad sed hate dem, kill dem, burn dem and the most of all, be very secretive about dis religion (Islam) but I advice every moslem to reason with their senses..if your God ask u to kill ur brother, tell him to do it himself.

1 Like

Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by Nobody: 10:22am On May 05, 2015
Mtchew.

When will they learn that all these tales of ignorant 'Muslims' who have never read the Quran (on their own admission), then travel to the West to find money and get attracted by sinful lives; do not influence what REAL Muslims feel when we read the Quran.

I used to go to church and now I am a Muslim. Oya change to Muslim because of that; Mr OP.

Pls don't mention my moniker for such nonsense again.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by Rilwayne001: 12:09pm On May 05, 2015
mustymatic:

What do you expect from mr. gotquestion a.k.a oladegbu before if not the bolded ? undecided
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:25pm On May 05, 2015
mustymatic:

maybe, or not, Do you kno who ur lord is? do u read d Bible? that's y u r a xtian n vice versa

Do you need to understand the Qur'an before you become a Muslim?

1 Like

Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:28pm On May 05, 2015
jcross19:

see you here in my vicinity I met one alfa I mean a strong muslim man,a devotee muslim that a rebuild a mosque in our side here , born as a muslims he in a typical islamic background but now is strong evangelist,we met on mountain for prayer. The has to ran away from town to village for the sake of his life and is family what about if that man started campaigning with a video what will you say?is not a muslim?johnson suleiman,ashimolowo, pastor yusuf yinka,and many more I mean many more that turn preacher not even just a member. Wise up.

I've also seen one ex Muslim called Balogun on a video exposing the works of darkness. Could it be him that you are referring to because he too had a mosque?
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:31pm On May 05, 2015
nwajoshua:

A God and creator of all living who knws d end frm the begining will not instruct killing of non moslem who wsnt oppurtuned to knw wot Islam is all about...Jesus said preach to dem about d kingdom to come, If they believe baptise them, if dey refuse move on but mohammad sed hate dem, kill dem, burn dem and the most of all, be very secretive about dis religion (Islam) but I advice every moslem to reason with their senses..if your God ask u to kill ur brother, tell him to do it himself.

It is not as easy as that. We need to pray for them that they may know the truth of the gospel message and be free indeed. It is only the Son that can make them free.
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:34pm On May 05, 2015
Abuamam:

Mtchew.

When will they learn that all these tales of ignorant 'Muslims' who have never read the Quran (on their own admission), then travel to the West to find money and get attracted by sinful lives; do not influence what REAL Muslims feel when we read the Quran.

I used to go to church and now I am a Muslim. Oya change to Muslim because of that; Mr OP.

Pls don't mention my moniker for such nonsense again.

Thank you.

Are you saying that all who recite Arabic by rote understand what they are reciting? If they can recite but don't comprehend can we still call them Muslims? undecided
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:35pm On May 05, 2015
Rilwayne001:

What do you expect from mr. gotquestion a.k.a oladegbu before if not the bolded ? undecided

I've got questions have you got the answers? cheesy
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying that all who recite Arabic by rote understand what they are reciting? If they can recite but don't comprehend can we still call them Muslims? undecided

Who said recite? I said read. If you want to quote me, do it accurately. Many Muslims read a translation of the Quran in the language they understand. They also go ahead to read Quranic exegesis based on authentic hadith and narrations from the salaf. They understand the circumstances under which a law is to be applied, by perusing the history and intention behind the specific verse... all in a language other than Arabic. Arabic fluency however, ensures a fuller understanding and more advanced scholarship in Islam; but is never a condition for attaining Paradise.

1 Like

Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by udatso: 3:35pm On May 05, 2015
Pastors and strong men of God are accepting Islam and you are here celebrating an ignorant Muslim who doesn't know anything about her faith.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:24pm On May 05, 2015
Abuamam:

Who said recite? I said read. If you want to quote me, do it accurately. Many Muslims read a translation of the Quran in the language they understand. They also go ahead to read Quranic exegesis based on authentic hadith and narrations from the salaf. They understand the circumstances under which a law is to be applied, by perusing the history and intention behind the specific verse... all in a language other than Arabic. Arabic fluency however, ensures a fuller understanding and more advanced scholarship in Islam; but is never a condition for attaining Paradise.

The criteria used in determining whether you belong to Islam is different from the one used in Christianity. This is why I have been saying that religion is not the same thing as Christianity. To be a member of a traditional religion you belong because of the decision of your parents or nation as Mona in the OP did. You cannot say that you come from a Muslim family or country as say that you are not a Muslim.

The name your parents gave you identifies you as one unless you made a personal decision to renounce your religion as the lady in the OP did and she changed her name as a result. Those who have a different traditional religion to yours can change their religion to yours they are still belonging to a traditional religion.

Christianity is having a definite personal relationship with Jesus Christ as the lady in the OP had. It is acknowledging our sin, confessing them to God, repenting from sin and trusting in the finished work of Christ on the Cross that makes one a Christian. Come to Jesus today He will forgive and cleanse you from all unrighteousness.
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:32pm On May 05, 2015
udatso:

Pastors and strong men of God are accepting Islam and you are here celebrating an ignorant Muslim who doesn't know anything about her faith.

You mean traditional religionists? There's no doubt about that, it doesn't make any difference. The moment they see the light they will be free indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The criteria used in determining whether you belong to Islam is different from the one used in Christianity. This is why I have been saying that religion is not the same thing as Christianity. To be a member of a traditional religion you belong because of the decision of your parents or nation as Mona in the OP did. You cannot say that you come from a Muslim family or country as say that you are not a Muslim.

The name your parents gave you identifies you as one unless you made a personal decision to renounce your religion as the lady in the OP did and she changed her name as a result. Those who have a different traditional religion to yours can change their religion to yours they are still belonging to a traditional religion.

Christianity is having a definite personal relationship with Jesus Christ as the lady in the OP had. It is acknowledging our sin, confessing them to God, repenting from sin and trusting in the finished work of Christ on the Cross that makes one a Christian. Come to Jesus today He will forgive and cleanse you from all unrighteousness.

WRONG SIR!

Being a Muslim involves beliefs (aqeedah) and deeds (aamal). This is a basic foundatiin that all Muslims know. Acceptance of, and submission to, the Almighty God; Allah; as the Only Unique Creator, Lord and Master, with complete power over ALL affairs, as well as the acceptance of the prophet (saw) as His messenger to all mankind are the deciders as to who is a Muslim and who is not; regardless of your name or parentage. Consistent beliefs and deeds, such as daily salaat, compulsory fasting in Ramadhan etc maintain you within Islam. Muslims do not require an intercessor between each individual and his Lord. We ask Allah for direct forgiveness of our sins, and being the Beneficient, the Merciful, He forgives ALL who come to Him humbly, with sincere repentance, even if their sins can fill up the oceans... INSTANTLY and without recourse to having to kill His 'only begotten son'; whatever THAT means; in order to achieve it. Such are His limitless Powers.

The poor lady in this example had neither aqeedah (belief); because she herself claimed that she had never even read the Quran, much less other sources of Islamic knowledge; nor aamal (deeds), because deeds are based on intention, and he who does good deeds with the wrong intentions is even punishable. That is why we say that she was likely never a real Muslim, in the true sense of the word.

If you want to be directly in contact with God, there is no way other than to be a Muslim. He speaks to us through the Quran. He listens to us in our Salaat... no middle men needed.
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 05, 2015
The TRUTH is Religion is FAKE AND FRAUD . but GOD IS REAL. He did not create religion. All Religions are satanic in origin. The devil created it to cause confusion. The truth is bitter, but it is TRUE.

1 Like

Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On May 05, 2015
Abuamam:

WRONG SIR!

Being a Muslim involves beliefs (aqeedah) and deeds (aamal). This is a basic foundatiin that all Muslims know. Acceptance of, and submission to, the Almighty God; Allah; as the Only Unique Creator, Lord and Master, with complete power over ALL affairs, as well as the acceptance of the prophet (saw) as His messenger to all mankind are the deciders as to who is a Muslim and who is not; regardless of your name or parentage. Consistent beliefs and deeds, such as daily salaat, compulsory fasting in Ramadhan etc maintain you within Islam. Muslims do not require an intercessor between each individual and his Lord. We ask Allah for direct forgiveness of our sins, and being the Beneficient, the Merciful, He forgives ALL who come to Him humbly, with sincere repentance, even if their sins can fill up the oceans... INSTANTLY and without recourse to having to kill His 'only begotten son'; whatever THAT means; in order to achieve it. Such are His limitless Powers.

The poor lady in this example had neither aqeedah (belief); because she herself claimed that she had never even read the Quran, much less other sources of Islamic knowledge; nor aamal (deeds), because deeds are based on intention, and he who does good deeds with the wrong intentions is even punishable. That is why we say that she was likely never a real Muslim, in the true sense of the word.

If you want to be directly in contact with God, there is no way other than to be a Muslim. He speaks to us through the Quran. He listens to us in our Salaat... no middle men needed.

How many Muslims can read the Qur'an? A lot depend on what their Imams and alfas tell them in the mosque which the OP likely would have had. When she got to read the Qur'an it was only then she discovered what Islam was really about and she did not like it one bit.
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:27pm On May 05, 2015
Akpobaro:

The TRUTH is Religion is FAKE AND FRAUD . but GOD IS REAL. He did not create religion. All Religions are satanic in origin. The devil created it to cause confusion. The truth is bitter, but it is TRUE.

That is true my brother. Religion only produces poisonous nuts but true Christianity produces spiritual fruits. smiley
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by udatso: 6:37pm On May 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You mean traditional religionists? There's no doubt about that, it doesn't make any difference. The moment they see the light they will be free indeed.
You never cease to amaze me. I almost forgot your system of renouncing any Christian who doesn't meet your standard of a Christian.......
Olaadegbu logic =" He is a Christian (oh he is a man of God who receives the holy spirit) "
He is now a Muslim (oh he was a traditional religionist)
......... Hitler comes to mind.

Am not surprised though.... You are after all someone who thinks the way to defend the gospel is to spread hate among Muslims and Christians. ( https://www.nairaland.com/1908052/muslim-molests-2-year-old )

You can as well call yusuf Estes a former tradional religionists too instead of ex Christian.
Whatever makes you happy!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

How many Muslims can read the Qur'an? A lot depend on what their Imams and alfas tell them in the mosque which the OP likely would have had. When she got to read the Qur'an it was only then she discovered what Islam was really about and she did not like it one bit.

The Quran has been translated into practically all languages. God has given each individual a mind to dufferentiate between correct and wrong ideologies. Anyone who follows an 'alfa' or 'imam' into deviance, has only him/herself to blame.

I put it to you that it was likely that her first exposure to the Quran was that presented by western anti-Islam proponents who managed to find an ignorant, undiscerning mind to work on; if her 'testimony' is anything to go by. It helps also that most Africans seem to look at whites as semi-gods, with the only 'correct' understanding of all things.
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:52pm On May 05, 2015
Abuamam:

The Quran has been translated into practically all languages. God has given each individual a mind to dufferentiate between correct and wrong ideologies. Anyone who follows an 'alfa' or 'imam' into deviance, has only him/herself to blame.

What is happening in Islam is not new. Roman Catholics were kept in the dark until reformers like Martin Luther began to read and translate the Bible into their languages. They were discouraged from reading the Bible in any language other than Latin and since most didn't have a copy let alone understand it they had to depend on what their priests was teaching them.

Abuamam:

I put it to you that it was likely that her first exposure to the Quran was that presented by western anti-Islam proponents who managed to find an ignorant, undiscerning mind to work on; if her 'testimony' is anything to go by. It helps also that most Africans seem to look at whites as semi-gods, with the only 'correct' understanding of all things.

Many Muslims in countries like Somalia and Sudan don't have a copy of the Qur'an and where they do they don't understand or comprehend the Arabic language. When they come to the developed countries where the book is translated into the language they understand that is the time many discover what they've got themselves into and it is only the Lord that can set them free.
Re: Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like by udatso: 8:20pm On May 05, 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth / 14 Must Do Things During Salat / Happy Hijra, Happy New Islamic Calendar 1439AH.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.