Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? (21159 Views)

"Evil Owl Sent To Attack My Parents Killed After Midnight Prayer" - Lady / How We Can Reconcile and Restore Our Lost Relationship with God / My Parents Are Treating Me Bad Because I'm An Atheist- Anonym0us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by creepsyme(f): 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
I was born into a catholic family. My parents especially my mom is a die-hard catholic. I did all the catholic sacraments, baptism, confirmation, holy eucharist, except matrimony which would come by God's grace. I was known in my parish for being a devout member of some societies.

Fast forward to this day, I'm no more a catholic, I attend bible believing churches like faith baptist/rccg. This is because upon completion of my university education, I was inspired by the Holy spirit to know the truth, I couldn't prove so many catholic beliefs in the bible, and I care a lot about my eternity. It caused a lot of dispute between I and my parents and even up till today, they've stopped calling me or asking about my welfare. All efforts to convince them beyond reasonable doubt have proved abortive. Pls I need your advice nlanders coz I need to reconcile with my family.
let dem be, if dey don't care about u why shuld u? u have tried ur best.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Krystalzkris(f): 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2015
Malakh:
Everything is governed by a law, so as humans if you live a life devoid of His laws, there would be a judgement and it happens in the afterlife,there's a reward for everything we do.He that lives without the law shall perish without the law
whose law is that if i may ask??
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Krystalzkris(f): 7:01pm On Nov 21, 2015
bellville:
Hmmm. Deep!
grin
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Malakh: 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2015
Krystalzkris:
whose law is that if i may ask??
Exodus 20, now you have no more excuse.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Krystalzkris(f): 7:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
Malakh:
Exodus 20, now you have no more excuse.
which one is exodus 20,is it a street or something?
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by ighodalonosa(m): 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
I was born into a catholic family. My parents especially my mom is a die-hard catholic. I did all the catholic sacraments, baptism, confirmation, holy eucharist, except matrimony which would come by God's grace. I was known in my parish for being a devout member of some societies.

Fast forward to this day, I'm no more a catholic, I attend bible believing churches like faith baptist/rccg. This is because upon completion of my university education, I was inspired by the Holy spirit to know the truth, I couldn't prove so many catholic beliefs in the bible, and I care a lot about my eternity. It caused a lot of dispute between I and my parents and even up till today, they've stopped calling me or asking about my welfare. All efforts to convince them beyond reasonable doubt have proved abortive. Pls I need your advice nlanders coz I need to reconcile with my family.
YOU ARE STILL IN THE WRONG PLACE. TRY THE SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Priest200(m): 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
Have u told God this in prayers....there is notin God cannot do...keep to ur faith u ar on d rit way.more grace
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Priest200(m): 7:49pm On Nov 21, 2015
ighodalonosa:
YOU ARE STILL IN THE WRONG PLACE. TRY THE SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH
catholic is better than seven days advan..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by rane06(f): 7:57pm On Nov 21, 2015
Op I'm trying to understand your situation. The problem you are having with your parents is not just your conversion to a new denomination. I think you are also trying to flaunt it in their faces. Many Christians condemn other denomination believing theirs to be the only true path. Reach out to them as your parents. Love and respect them. Don't try to enforce your new ideologies on them. If everybody respects the beliefs of others the world will be a better place. Don't judge anyone.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Malakh: 8:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
Krystalzkris:
which one is exodus 20,is it a street or something?
google is your friend have a nice day
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by raphoo(m): 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
ill pray and convince him to attend a bible believing church,,,im not saying the church I attend is the best,,,but if he can switch to a bible believing church even if it's not d one I attend,,well get married,,,on d oda hand,,if he refuses,,,well part ways,,i can't marry a catholic
some people are perishing because they lack knowledge. miracle finder, u lack d truth until u get dat u're still in captive. A word is enough!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
nseke:
then what do you say?cos its a personal race

People should just stop beibg religious. Worship God inside ur house n live a good moral life.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by raphoo(m): 8:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
END TIME RELIGION
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by cutebobo(m): 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2015
Esychem:
my dear, big time lie, am a born catholic, but married RCCG, anywhere i go i can adapt to a good church, where i sing praises to God, but saying that ur church is bad, is a wrong word. my mum is not born catholic but she got married to a catholic. u go to church with ur hrt and not to condemn doctrines. u can make ur life good by serving God with all ur hrt. i have been to a catholic church when i was serving that the word shook everyone, it s not everywhere. Kn who u r serving and not church. God is everywhere.
I don't know if the OP is still reading at this part but if u follow the advice of this person, I can bet it with you, you are on the wrong side.

Point of correction, God is not everywhere as u said. The bible says, where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am. What does this mean? Does mean even if Sango people gather themselves and shout Jesus, that he is there with them? No and yes. What the bible mean by that verse is that who so ever will call on the name of God, must call it base on the word of God. They must be pure in heart and obey the word of God diligently. If I'm not wrong, I heard that catholic sprinkle water on your head as baptizing and that infants are also baptize. This is wrong. Check your dictionary, the meaning of baptism, it means immersing and if you read your bible very well, those that were baptized by john in the bible were adult. Why adult? Because, before you receive salvation of christ, you must be convicted and admit that you are a sinner then ask for forgiveness. All these, an infant can't do it. So why should you be attending a church that their doctrine is not base on the word of God.

OP, let me ask you a question. Do you have the Holy Spirit? The bible says that the Holy Spirit will guide you into ALL truth, I mean all truth. If you have gotten it, ask for it and it will be given.

I'm also aspiring to surrender my life to christ totally. I like your courage.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by bastien: 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2015
Momcherry:

I pity u
why?
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Krystalzkris(f): 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
Malakh:
google is your friend have a nice day
duh!!
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by xtervaganza(m): 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2015
You and your parents are living a lie

Religion is a fraud. A huge fat lie that has been found out to be false ages ago
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Divmoore119(m): 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:

Just talk to God in prayer for the holy spirit to direct you on what to do
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Athanatos(m): 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
ill pray and convince him to attend a bible believing church,,,im not saying the church I attend is the best,,,but if he can switch to a bible believing church even if it's not d one I attend,,well get married,,,on d oda hand,,if he refuses,,,well part ways,,i can't marry a catholic

I think I hit a snag.

You're implying that the Catholic Church is not a bible-believing church...that's just wrong!
If its your belief fine,keep it to yourself,but methinks its very wrong to call any church non-bible-believing church. As long as it is a Christian church,the Bible is the foundation.

Christianity is just divided,everybody believes their church is the way to heaven. Pfft!

My 2 kobo though.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Athanatos(m): 10:13pm On Nov 21, 2015
RICKYMARIO:
Does that mean catholics do not care for their eternity.?

Azzzzin eh!

She's inadvertently condemning All Catholics to Hell with her tongue. And she aint God.

My 2 kobo still.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by emanobis(m): 10:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
1st of all,u got it all wrong by sayn dt u joined a bible blivin church,meaning catholic dnt bliv d bible. Point of correction,catholic blivs in d bible,it's u hu dnt rly knw her stand as a catholic. Join Charismatic or CBIU n u'l find out.
2ndly,dnt make ur parents luk like fools,by telin dem dt u joined a bible blivin church. Honor ur father n mum...u knw d rest as a bible blivin student nah.
3rdly,christianity is same,u cn worship wit RCCG @ skul,n stil go 2 sunday mass wit ur parents @ home so as 2 make ends meet since u r stil unda their guidance. Remain humble 2 dem n u'l neva regret it. Remain blessed.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by CashVessel(m): 10:35pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:

You are doing the right thing and like is expected , you must have oppositions and persecution from people including family members as the bible said, but keep praying for them..
Even Jesus' siblings didn't believe him while he was alive, not until he died and rose did they take him serious. Just keep praying for them and don't stop communicating, God will make them have a situation some day that only you can solve, and they'll seek for you like never before.
Please Read the following; 2Tim 3:12, Mark 10:28-30, Matt 10:36. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by mukason: 11:10pm On Nov 21, 2015
The first mistake you made was to allow your relationship with your parents go sour. There are better ways you would have done that. You should have continued worshiping with them in catholic whenever you are home, and anytime you find yourself elsewhere you go to your bible believing church. Am sure they wouldn't have objected if you had told them you are marrying a non catholic. Things like this are better achieved when handled with care. You don't act in a hasty manner when it comes to convincing parents. They are your parents,you must be in good terms with them if you want to achieve any good thing on this earth. Pls go back and apologize deeply probably in accompaniment with an uncle or Aunty.

Then to your so God bible believing church. Which bible are you talking about? Its it the same bible that was put together by the ancient catholics. I will welcome constructive criticisms. Am a catholic by marriage and not by birth. By birth I attended Pentecostals. See young lady,go back to your parents when you still have the time to do so..you were probably deceived.
If you remain true to your conscience, you may probably remember the circumstances that drew to that church in the first place.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tobiasbeecher: 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
password88:
My dear I was in thesame situation years back. If truly u believe in ur new faith and that u are not being misled by our today's denominationalism. Prove ur faith by confronting them with bible portions.... Here isn't the right place to xplain into details what I wnt u to knw concerning our faith, and earthly religion.
In my own case after I was rejectd by my family members because of my new faith I went back to the house with bible truth anD today not only that I was acceptd but I became the source of their conversion . Like I said earlIer its all depends on u and the type of faith u think u are having now.
If really u need help contact me through my mail: Darlingtonjudeberry@gmail.com maybe I can be of help to u because l have been in thesame situation before and now instead of being rejectd by my family members God used me to open my family members' eyes
Were your family members blind before? Were they pagans? What do you mean that God used you to open their eyes?
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tobiasbeecher: 11:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
cutebobo:
I don't know if the OP is still reading at this part but if u follow the advice of this person, I can bet it with you, you are on the wrong side.

Point of correction, God is not everywhere as u said. The bible says, where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am. What does this mean? Does mean even if Sango people gather themselves and shout Jesus, that he is there with them? No and yes. What the bible mean by that verse is that who so ever will call on the name of God, must call it base on the word of God. They must be pure in heart and obey the word of God diligently. If I'm not wrong, I heard that catholic sprinkle water on your head as baptizing and that infants are also baptize. This is wrong. Check your dictionary, the meaning of baptism, it means immersing and if you read your bible very well, those that were baptized by john in the bible were adult. Why adult? Because, before you receive salvation of christ, you must be convicted and admit that you are a sinner then ask for forgiveness. All these, an infant can't do it. So why should you be attending a church that their doctrine is not base on the word of God.

OP, let me ask you a question. Do you have the Holy Spirit? The bible says that the Holy Spirit will guide you into ALL truth, I mean all truth. If you have gotten it, ask for it and it will be given.

I'm also aspiring to surrender my life to christ totally. I like your courage.
Stop being ignorant and stop delving into things that is way beyond your comprehension! Some of you lot who claim to be "better'' Christians are always wont to slide into religious arrogance, believing that their church or faith is better than that of others. Your type are not a good example of what Christianity is!
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tmamuda(m): 11:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
SlimBrawnie:
The day you start questioning what is already written,then check yourself.
The bible says you should honour them as long as you are under their care, same way a woman is to submit to her husband(even if he prohibits her from going to church whenever he is around).
Debut. 5:6
Ephesians 6:2
Honour your parent;the first commandment with a promise,meaning respect them in words and actions.
I am a committed Pentecostal,if I decide to get married to a catholic and my parent refuses,I will try convincing them but if that fails, walahi I will let go of that relationship.
Catholic or not,the most important thing is having this very personal fatherly relationship with God. every other thing is secondary.
My Opinion though.

Yes honour them but if they tell you to sin against God for example will you do it
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tmamuda(m): 11:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
Is not about providing itself is about keeping your believed and pray that God should them the way
Remember you can do it own your owned you need the Holy Spirit to guide you
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tmamuda(m): 11:59pm On Nov 21, 2015
People should understand that Christianity is not a religion, Christianity is life
A life with Jesus Christ. If you accept Him and confessed Him as your Saviour, you have that life of eternity
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by flexshop(m): 12:16am On Nov 22, 2015
uboma:

You need to learn to pass your points without insulting the op. This doesn't portray you as a good Christian.

My dear, he whom the father loveth, he chastises.
Coming out to insult a Christian congregation doesn't it make her look foolish. Even Jesus called the pharisees brood of vipers.
She even made up a phrase that implied Catholics don't believe in the bible. What do they uses? Koran?
She isn't the first to try to pull the church of Jesus Christ down. Even the gates of hell won't prevail against it.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by adellam16(f): 2:59am On Nov 22, 2015
quincybee12:
u sure its not Lord Chosen u attend cos na deir motto every where ( bible believing church). Is it believing what is written in bible or practicing it? I don't get.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Mrbigman1(m): 3:09am On Nov 22, 2015
quincybee12:

And since u started attending this ur "bible believing church" how many time ve u read ur bible inside out? How many types of bibles ve u read? And how man bible have u written in return?

And what dose the Catholic Church believe in? God I guess and ur "new church believes in the bible"

Anyway, peace of the world is not really what u should seek after but peace of Christ which the world can't give.

Charity still begins at home, if u wanna give out peace, be peaceful to ur self before sharing it's radiance.

If u wia born a Muslim, will u be saying all dis trash?

Am a Catholic and I know the bible more than you all, even ur pastors. Dnt be deceived by men, dey re like wounded lions seeking ur soul, go back to ur root and follow the old way "isiaha warned.

Read Romans 14 from up to down.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by somaaa(m): 3:09am On Nov 22, 2015
Why are they always against the catholic church Or why do they think they don't believe in the bible.....is it because they don't preach prosperity....or because they don't misinterpret the bible and use it to their own advantage Was it the holy spirit that converted you or talks from another Christian ....you should not judge....been a Christian is not defined by the church we attend or how much bible we know and can recite by heart......it is defined by how we live...how we relate with others...how we help others....some might believe in God know the bible from cover to cover and still do not care about anybody....talking about doctrine...most pentecostal churches do not have one...most of the time you hear God called me to begin this church....why were dey not called to help the sick or the poor or the dying...only to start a church...and take from d poor in the name of sowing a seed...sometimes I think its just a facade......pray for direction.....God answers all...what matters is you believe in God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell / Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? / "Everything About President Buhari Is Deceptive And Selective" - CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.