Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist (47884 Views)

Benue Massacre: Ortom Lazy, Not Qualified To Be Governor - Nyesom Wike / From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister / Kemi Adeosun ‘poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by simplycarro: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
FreeGlobe:

mention me when you stop reasoning like a zombie
You father is an idiot and you are a standard fool. You idiots have long years to cry.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by EmekaBlue(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
mrs dullarpo nah...Dull lady frm d face alone...APC scammers
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Dbboy(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
mazeltov:
thank you very much for that question!! Okonjo with her phd certificate operated under obasanjo and jonathan, she is probably the longest serving finance minister in Nigeria - yet our economy is still being oxygenated by oil revenue, yet she couldn't find solution to our economic problems. The day I stopped believing that woman was the day she said we are the largest economy in Africa. Unfortunately, it's only in Nigeria that you will see improvement in economic index without any substantial change in employment level, It is only in Nigeria where inflation rate will drop and that market price for commodities won't drop. I have not been able to establish and cordinated change between our economy and standard of living. Allow Kemi to contribute her own too

The report never mentioned NOI why are you Yoruba folk mastubating on her issue. So much for we are one Yoruba are always envious of igbos. Let me tell you it takes an NOI to clear your debt from the Paris club not some local champion like Kemi that only managed to run down her state finances she managed.

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by sam90s(m): 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2015
Only one way to find out
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by farem: 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ciscogod:
Okonjo iwella got all the qualifications. Where did she leave our economy? DiD she diversify it? Did naira has edge our dollar.?. What was her major achievement?

No. truth be told. NOI diversified our economy. The longest serving manager of the biggest economy in Africa since 1999.

She successfully upgraded our economy into....

Okada economy!
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by dignity33: 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2015
Who said Ngozi did a bad job, under Ngozi your debt that Nigeria has being serviceing for years was write off; the same Ngozi grow Nigeria Economy to largest in Africa. Call a spade a spade you Nigeria Ngozi deserve federal honour.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by DisGuy: 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
The report further quoted the lawmaker representing Kaduna central senatorial district in the National Assembly, Senator Shehu Sani, as describing the cabinet as “a government with local professionals and without superstars.”

Chei see as person abuse local professionals like pure water

The role seems too big for her, she's only done like 4years at state level and her experience is so so

Hope she proves us all wrong

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by samofson: 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
Leave her alone jare...Economist my boot laces ..so because she is not Oxford or Havard trained, she is not up to the job abi? Where did all the Oxford and Harvard trained professionals take us.

They are not sure if they can control Adeosun and Enelamah like they did okonjo-iweala that's why they are trying to belittle them in order to create an inferiority complex. (Normal Western Control Rhetoric)

Please let them start work if they fail we sack them simples. We don't need The Economist telling us how to run our economy. ....they should use their expertise to sort out the Greece and EU situation.

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by buchilino(m): 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2015
chocolateme:
Calling a spade a spade

FTC
Chocolate cream

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Onyiridike(f): 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2015
nicklaus40:

U started the arguement well but I got it rong at d end.. kemi is qualified if u look at her qualifications den ogun needing a bailout is nt a point, the economy was affected from the Center (FG) wen d price of oil fell
Kemi should be given a chance, it's too early to conclude dat shez a failure, she may end up doing better than NOI or not

I don't want to believe that Yoruba wanted Kemi in that position just because NOI (an Igbo woman) held the post in the past.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by dyn1800: 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2015
Get your fact straight things are only Good on paper during Ngo baby's Tenure ..... For the record between April -May this year a litre of fuel sold for almost 1000naira...... Ngo Baby knows that the economy Sick back then Yet she lies to us that our economy is the best.
lomprico:

We did not buy fuel 400 per liter during all her tenure.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by dramaqueen1(f): 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ahmeduana:

I TALK AM THE OTHER DAY WHEN THEY ARE SCREENING HER THAT THIS WOMAN GO TAKE OUR MONEY BUY WEAVE-ON AND ARTIFICIAL NAIL FINISH!
Take your money? The money wey u keep for her table abi? I can bet you've never paid tax..yimu..if only you knew....The woman stayed 25years in Uk shey na weaveon be her problem.that should be your babe's problem...
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2015
Paper qualifications is secondary, the main issue is if she's a good chop money advocate

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by lomprico(m): 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2015
dyn1800:
Get your fact straight things are only Good on paper during Ngo baby's Tenure ..... For the record between April -May this year a litre of fuel sold for almost 1000naira...... Ngo Baby knows that the economy Sick back then Yet she lies to us that our economy is the best.
A liter of fuel for one towsan naira? Hehehe u can sabi lie oh!!!
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by buchilino(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ciscogod:
Okonjo iwella got all the qualifications. Where did she leave our economy? DiD she diversify it? Did naira has edge our dollar.?. What was her major achievement?

IN 20 YEARS TIME WE WILL NO N JUDGE BETA, BUT ON A SERIOUS NOTE R U COMPARING OKONJI WITH KEMI, I MEAN SERIOUSLY

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by sam90s(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ciscogod:
The current world order(economy) is designed to cater for the needs of western economies first, anyone who doesn't guarantee that is not good as far as they're concerned, I've listened to get and CBN governor speak and they seem to put their countries first, personally I think the economist should feck-off.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by repogirl(f): 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2015
Lol, na so we see the change oooo!

Chei Boooooohari! angry

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by MAYOWAAK: 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2015
Who is surprised that Kemi Adeosun is rated low as the Finance Minister?

I am not surprised for two reasons:-
(1) During the screening exercise by the Senate, Kemi's body language has shown that she will resist any attempt to be teleguided by the IMF & the World Bank;
(2) she has also expressed her opinion that she would oppose any hasty plan to devalue the Naira.

I advise Mrs. Kemi Adeosun not to feel despodent because of the "low" rating by the Economist, but to see it as a big challenge to prove them wrong!

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Ahmeduana(m): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2015
dramaqueen1:
Take your money? The money wey u keep for her table abi? I can bet you've never paid tax..yimu..if only you knew....The woman stayed 25years in Uk shey na weaveon be her problem.that should be your babe's problem...
DRAMAQUEEN, YOU DON DRAMATISE FINISH OR O TU KU WEY YOU GO YARN?
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by engrjacuzzi: 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2015
this woman want resemble diezani madukwe
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by dyn1800: 9:59pm On Nov 20, 2015
Do your findings bro
lomprico:

A liter of fuel for one towsan naira? Hehehe u can sabi lie oh!!!
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by chizpim(m): 10:00pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ciscogod:
. Oga na wa for you ooo, what of cancellation of nigeria debt by paris club. Have you 4gotten so soon?
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by baby124: 10:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
Story tellers have come again. She is a local girl that knows the value of the naira. That is good enough. She feels our pain and is not going to run abroad and be shielded or promoted. Haters gonna hate. Predicting doom on someone they don't know. Plenty judgements on top our presidents choice. Why is the so called poverty stricken and poor Nigeria's finance minister a topic for high speculation? Ha, she will not fund or rescue Greece by enslaving us abi. Lmao
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by lomprico(m): 10:02pm On Nov 20, 2015
dyn1800:
Do your findings bro
U lie period! Provide the proof.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by mart2k(m): 10:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
FreeGlobe:

don't worry under this buhari administration, very soon naira will be competing with Zimbabwe dollars. useless
Shebi u wl b in Nigeria to spend d Naira wen it equals Zimbabwe dollars. Na only u and ur family members wl experience dat kind thing
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by chizpim(m): 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2015
Keegan:

Igbos and their bad belle, that's why they are not prosper.
. Illiterate, are you guys better than us?
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by nicklaus40: 10:08pm On Nov 20, 2015
Onyiridike:

I don't want to believe that Yoruba wanted Kemi in that position just because NOI (an Igbo woman) held the post in the past.
Dat is absurd, ppl thinking like that are bigots, I wish everyone the best of luck, either frm SE,SS,NC,NW,NE,SW.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by azzima(m): 10:11pm On Nov 20, 2015
So where did the World Bank "Secretary " take usAbeg let this woman try her chance jor!!!!!
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by salepjm: 10:13pm On Nov 20, 2015
The economists did not compare the former minister to the present one. Just make year comment and let Ngozi alone
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by mart2k(m): 10:18pm On Nov 20, 2015
new2020:
We all know she unqualified except yorubas just want her there as their own Okonjo Iweala...always dick measuring with Igbos. Tinubu and yoruba elite went around the world searching for a yoruba woman comparable to Iweala, Oteh, Ezekwesili,e.t.c, they came back disapointed...none. So they had no choice but to go with her. Let the truth be told...she is unqualified. Look at her face!
Just c how u ar making fool of urssef to d whole world. Tell me, who dosnt know that d Yorubas are far ahead of Ibos in every area including education and, human resources. Flat heads wl always b chest beaters. Yorubas av nothing to compete wit u, u ar d one tryin everything to impress d south west. Ibos and Hausas ar d one competing. Sincerely speaking, ibo is d least among d major tribes in Nigeria. U know it except uar pretending. In case u dnt knw, ibos ar second class citizens. Get dat to ur flat head

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by mart2k(m): 10:27pm On Nov 20, 2015
4Play:

This reasoning is so absurd. You seem to operate from the premise that Iwealla messed up the economy, therefore we should try less qualified people. But if the economy is in dire straits, why entrust it to the unqualified? If you take your reasoning to its logical qualification, we might as well appoint a secondary school leaver because the university educated have not performed to expectation.

What makes me laugh about this is that Kemi Adeosun was finance commissioner for Ogun state and at the end of her tenure, Ogun state required a bailout with the assistance of the Federal Government as it was effectively insolvent. So these people have faith in her ability to do at the Federal level what she could not do at the state level. It's a classic case of the triumph of hope over experience.
So if u ar a Commissioner and ur state monthly allocation frm d fed govt dropped by 40%,I bliv u wl use ur personal savings to run d state. And y did u single out Ogun state out of all d states that required bail out?
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by bigeagleeye(m): 10:27pm On Nov 20, 2015
FreeGlobe:

don't worry under this buhari administration, very soon naira will be competing with Zimbabwe dollars. useless

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jaafar Jaafar And Governor Ganduje Pictured Together Before Exposing $5M Bribe / We Only Invited Kunle Olawunmi To Help Us With Valuable Information - DHQ / President Buhari Begins Short Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.