Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? (21807 Views)

How To Nail Every Job Interview / 5 Actions To Avoid After A Job Interview / Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
following
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by chimoskyg(m): 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2015
VanTee20:

It's not wrong if he states his name in full.. I mean there is nothing wrong with saying, "My names are Surname Firstname Middlename."

If he is saying only his surname and Firstname, then "My name is..." is the correct form.

You don't use "are" even if the names r 5

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by xage(m): 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2015
Say ur name in a relaxed mood
The schools you attended and years of certification
The company's uve woked for,position and achievement till date

Is actually asking you to put ur career life_cycle in a nutshell
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
VanTee20:

It's not wrong if he states his name in full.. I mean there is nothing wrong with saying, "My names are Surname Firstname Middlename."

If he is saying only his surname and Firstname, then "My name is..." is the correct form.

My names are would be acceptable if people are allowed to either list their names or put commas and conjunction between each single name.

Say,

My names are Ebuka, Fabian and Onuoha. Lol

1 Like

Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by kraftsta(m): 3:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
ahamonyeka:
How can one introduce oneself in a job interview?

Just tell them u are Abubakar Shekarau
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 21, 2015
It really doesn't matter what you say, it's how you say it that counts.

The question is more like "Leave a first impression" not necessarily "introduce yourself"
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by Dolypson04(m): 3:52pm On Nov 21, 2015
This reminds me of our screening into FUNAAB five years ago. We were told of this conversation btw an interviewer(lecturer) and a candidate.
I- What is your name?
C- My name is North West sir.
I- What brings you here?
C- Cab sir....
Lol......

1 Like

Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by loomer: 3:52pm On Nov 21, 2015
Richy4:
My name is Richy4. From so and so state. A bachelors degree holder in so and so and A masters degree holder in so and so. And I have 2years experience in so and so. just short and sweet

Do not add more or subtract. Please don't add your age. No one cares. Maybe in Nigeria they do.

Just like no one cares for a "thank you" after ur introduction.
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by Richy4(m): 4:00pm On Nov 21, 2015
Ymuller:
"Bachelors" ; it shows u schooled in d Biafran teritory .

so the apostrophe is now an issue for you right. I have no time for little kids. but google Griffith University. and tell me what you think.
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by ahamonyeka(m): 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2015
Truckpusher:
Name/ academic background/( family background optional ) and your interests on the job itself.

It will give them a wider view on what questions to ask you thereby jamming their head with too many options but limited time.
This is because they already have their questions well planned out but if you have a rich academic background it will throw them off course thereby forcing your interviewer to ask you what you want to be asked.
Don't ever give an interviewer an upper hand by making life too easy for them.
Goodluck .
thanks very much.so,there is no point telling your state of origin,date of birth,your adress etc.though I google it and it was exactly the way state it but,just that I want to still hear from nairalanders.
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by ahamonyeka(m): 4:13pm On Nov 21, 2015
kraftsta:

Just tell them u are Abubakar Shekarau
what makes you think is funny and what class are you into?
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by Adyrin(m): 4:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
Citycred:
Its a tricky question... #can we meet u or tell us abt ur self.... In this case its an avenue to sell ur self. The interviewer dosent wanna no ur biography. Let's assume ure applyn for a slaes/marketing executive, u start this way.
My names arebla bla bla, am a

@bolded, My name is...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by kraftsta(m): 4:24pm On Nov 21, 2015
ahamonyeka:
what makes you think is funny and what class are you into?

P*ss off!! H*omo
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by Adyrin(m): 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
One individual has gat a name and not names!
So its actually "♍γ̲̣̣ name is" and not "♍γ̲̣̣ names are"
That's Queens English
VanTee20:

1 Like

Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by Gboliwe: 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
linusbnn:
Say your name,previous places of work and the years xperience there,then you go ahead to achievements (successful ones ooo). I remembered when I went for fidelity bank interview and I was asked same Questn, I told the interviewer that I was part of the team that did research b4 the introduction of Mountain Due drink into the market,he then replied "it was a failed product that didn't succeed". I went straight to other achievement to cover up my lapses

No wonder it failed.

Please, take note of the minutest of details when interacting with these HR guys. It's just something that seem unimportant that might take you up or bring you down.

I once went for an interview where the same question was thrown, ordinarily, I would answer skipping personal details but because the job demanded someone who had religious sensitivity and multicultural awareness, I had to chip in my place of birth (which is totally different from my state of origin) and where I had my early education which is also different from where I reside. Those points set me apart.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by bolla1129(m): 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2015
Well said bro.

Citycred:
Its a tricky question... #can we meet u or tell us abt ur self.... In this case its an avenue to sell ur self. The interviewer dosent wanna no ur biography. Let's assume ure applyn for a slaes/marketing executive, u start this way.
My names are bla bla bla, am a sales n executive marketer wit ova 2yrs xperience in sales n marketing. Am a graduate of yoruba frm thr university of congo, wit a 2nd class upper. After dt u tell them different companys uv workd wit n wt dey do in d company n ur post also. Then u say thank u and wait for their other questions. I hope this helps u in ur adventure in job hunting. Bless u
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by Richy4(m): 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
loomer:

Just like no one cares for a "thank you" after ur introduction.

hahahha you can be polite by saying thank you if you are among the panel. just the ways some dudes usually say thank you when someone accepts their friendship request on FB
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
@adyrin, correct...many thanks to Mrs Omajaja.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by loomer: 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
Richy4:

hahahha you can be polite by saying thank you if you are among the panel. just the ways some dudes usually say thank you when someone accepts their friendship request on FB

We love "thank you" like it's food
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by dejix3761: 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2015
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by Adyrin(m): 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2015
Lol
Sure; she did a great job!
I sent you a personal message!
Pls act on it and reply_thanks
hephzibahbeulah:

@adyrin, correct...many thanks to Mrs Omajaja.
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by IRIENBOY(m): 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
Good
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by tuniboss: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
hello you can introduce yourself like this.
Good Morning and thank you for giving me this opportunity to introduce my self.
I am obi sam from lagos state i have done my Bsc in business form lagos university. then i worked with so so company for so so years where i learnt so so skills. My hobbies are so so so... short and simple bro... grin
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2015
Adyrin:
Lol
Sure; she did a great job!
I sent you a personal message!
Pls act on it and reply_thanks
I lost d password I used to register on nairaland, so I can't see PMs. Anyway, I'm Tarhe's birthmate.
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2015
introduce?
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by Truckpusher(m): 6:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
ahamonyeka:
thanks very much.so,there is no point telling your state of origin,date of birth,your adress etc.though I google it and it was exactly the way state it but,just that I want to still hear from nairalanders.
In telling your name , you'll prolly end up giving them your biodata.

Always remember that they want you to tell them about your resume verbatim. This exactly what you tell them and this is why your resume need to be well polished with truth and fact that can't be resisted.
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by 9jaboi8701(m): 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
cool

1 Share

Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by swimcash(m): 8:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
SlimBrawnie:
How do you introduce yourself to a high-class babe you want to toast.
OUT OF POINT
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by OkoAnike(m): 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2015
VanTee20:

Some people see my name are as correct English while some says my name is, is the correct one but in the mist of all, I think it's perfect to use " I am so so & so.
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by fidet1(m): 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2015
A brief summary of your CV...
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by jomson: 9:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
Re: How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? by idris4eva(m): 10:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
allanphash7:
You will say emi badoo baba milli miliano , kin ma jedi kin ma ladi iranu abasha
Mad man......#smiles

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari / Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. / 7 Things You Should Cross Check Before Sending Off A CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.