Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,989 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva (2396 Views)

Femi Adesina Denies Endorsing MMM / Buhari’s Aides Frustrating Dialogue With Militants – Bayelsa Elders For Progress / Brass Liquefied Natural Gas Project Will End Militancy – Bayelsa Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by kahal29: 9:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
About a week after they gave their blessings to Gov. Seriake Dickson, elders in Bayelsa State under the aegis of Bayelsa Council of Elders on Saturday also formally gave their backing to the candidature of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Timipre Sylva for governors of the state.

The endorsement of Sylva by the elders took most people by surprise as the council was put in place by Governor Seriake Dickson, and it is led by a staunch People Democratic Party (APC) leader, Chief Francis Doukpola.

Their support was however secured after a promise by the APC flag-bearer, Chief Timipre Sylva not to bear any grudge against any politician and individuals for their role in the incidents that led to his disqualification to run for the second term in 2012 by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and his travail under the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The endorsement came barely one week after the council allegedly gave their blessing to the incumbent governor, Seriake Dickson, who is the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Present at the meeting were Chairman of the BCE, Chief Francis Doukpola and Chairman, Bayelsa State Council of Traditional Rulers, King Alfred Diete-Spiff, the Amanyanabo of Twon-Brass, His Royal Highness, King Agara Mozi, King Joshua Igbugburu, Dr. Amba Ambaowei, Chief Douglas Naingba, among others.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/after-endorsing-dickson-bayelsa-elders-support-sylva/226274/

1 Like

Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by illiad: 9:57pm On Nov 21, 2015
And who don't know the Ijaws? Those slithering drunks can never be trusted.

2 Likes

Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by modath(f): 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
Where belle face elders.... undecided

Negotiatiing & renegotiating terms of agreement.

1 Like

Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by jaymejate: 10:18pm On Nov 21, 2015
I don't know anything about them so

No comment
Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by MrIncrediible(m): 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2015
End time elders who don't know PDP should at least be compensated with Bayelsa state
Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by budusky05(m): 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
Na so
Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:00pm On Nov 21, 2015
illiad:
And who don't know ijaws, those slithering drunks can never be trusted.
Just shut the f-up mister man. Sylva like Dickson ia an Ijawman and a Bayelsan. It is not out of place for Ijaw elders in Bayesa to endorse whoever they align with. Their opinion is theirs...

BTW: I'm 100% in support of Seriake Dickson's re-election. That doesn't give you the right to insult Ijaw people

3 Likes

Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by EdCure: 11:06pm On Nov 21, 2015
Elders of the creeks:
Murky as the oil-stained waters
Unstable as the waves of the sea.

I salote una cheesy

Bye-bye to PDP!

4 Likes

Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by mandhi(m): 11:14pm On Nov 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Just shut the f-up mister man. Sylva like Dickson ia an Ijawman and a Bayelsan. It is not out of place for Ijaw elders in Bayesa to endorse whoever they align with. Their opinion is theirs...

BTW: I'm 100% in support of Seriake Dickson's re-election. That doesn't give you the right to insult Ijaw people
@TonyeBarcanista I lyk your spirit of maintaining decorum in thread's don't allow anybody to make you loose it.

One Love
GOD Bless Nigeria and everyplace else.
Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by braine(m): 11:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
Some people have finally learned not to put all their eggs in one basket. kiss
Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by braine(m): 11:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
kahal29:
People Democratic Party (APC) leader, Chief Francis Doukpola.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/after-endorsing-dickson-bayelsa-elders-support-sylva/226274/

Pure water journalist. grin
Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 21, 2015
That is the ijaw man for you, watch them hand over their state to APC under Jonathan's nose while some of my daft brothers are shouting Biafra..

2 Likes

Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by Rival(m): 11:53pm On Nov 21, 2015
As leaders, that's what is expected of them. However on the premise of certain circumstances one could say they should not support Silver...at least not publicly, but then, both candidates are Ijaws and whoever wins will still remain an Ijaw man. They're only being impartial as it's a contest between two sons!
Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by illiad: 12:31am On Nov 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

When exactly did it become an insult to state a known fact?

That the ijaws are slithering unreliable drunks is a statement of fact, to which your pa Edwin Clark recently attested to in his recent denial of Jonathan.

Look don't let me descend on you o!

1 Like

Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:35am On Nov 22, 2015
mandhi:

@TonyeBarcanista I lyk your spirit of maintaining decorum in thread's don't allow anybody to make you loose it.

One Love
GOD Bless Nigeria and everyplace else.
Well, I guess it sometimes becomes difficult maintaining a cool under some circumstance. Thanks a lot boss

Bless you

1 Like

Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:51am On Nov 22, 2015
illiad:

When exactly did it become an insult to state a known fact?

That the ijaws are slithering unreliable drunks is a statement of fact, to which your pa Edwin Clark recently attested to in his recent denial of Jonathan.

Look don't let me descend on you o!

No Ijawman owe Jonathan or PDP anything. You can quote me anywhere!

The Right of every Ijawman and woman to align with ANY party or group of his or her choice is INALIENABLE and can NEVER be taken away by any person or group. The political choice of every Ijawnman and woman remain theirs and must be respected whether or not we agree with them.

I support Dickson but it doesn't negate the fact that Sylva Timpre is also an Izon from Bayelsa state. This is between TWO Bayelsans and Two Ijaws whether PDP or LP. If you are not satisfieð, please take a trip to Akure and help yourself with f®ee Koboko grin

As for Clark, he's part of the Nigeria problem.

4 Likes

Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by illiad: 12:57am On Nov 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

The Right of every Ijawman and woman to aligning with ANY party or group of his or her choice is INELIENABLE and can NEVER be taken away by any person or group. The political choice of every Ijawnman and woman remain theirs and must be respected whether or not we agree with them.

I support Dickson but it doesn't negate the fact that Sylva Timpre is also an Izon from Bayelsa state. This is between TWO Bayelsans and Two Ijaws whether PDP or LP. If you are not satisfieð, please take a trip to Akure and help yourself with f®ee Koboko grin

In other words, you're saying the word Principle mean nothing to an Ijaw man/woman?

If yes, then we are saying the same thing.

3 Likes

Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by Lordave: 1:03am On Nov 22, 2015
braine:
Some people have finally learned not to put all their eggs in one basket. kiss
What are you talking about?

This is state politics and not national politics.

Kai, na waa o!
Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:18am On Nov 22, 2015
illiad:

In other words, you're saying the word Principle mean nothing to an Ijaw man/woman?

If yes, then we are saying the same thing.
If this is what you can come up with then I sympathise with your level of reasoning. The IjaWman/woman enjoy the Ìnalienable right to Associate with any group or individual that he or she feels will promote his/her interest(overall interest not selfish). If I, believe that Dickson will best promote Bayelsa and Ijaw interest, and some other people think it's Sylva, then all I need do is to Respect others position while sticking to mine. If tomorrow I decide that Sylva is better, it is still my right and liberty. Nobody is indebted to any party or candidate except those sycophants. So, it is the job of Dickson and PDP to reach out to electorates and not the other way round.

Whether Sylva or Dickson, both are Bayelsans and Ijaws. I'm behind Dickson but it is the right of my elders or anyone to support Sylva if they believe in him. The final verdict lies in the majority of the voting population. Bayelsans/Ijaws owe PDP/APC/LP etc NOTHING! Stop crying more than the bereaved

If you can't understand this then do yourself a big favour by scheduling a trip to Akure...
Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by illiad: 1:36am On Nov 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

If this is what you can come up with then I sympathise with your level of reasoning. The IjaWman/woman enjoy the Ìnalienable right to Associate with any group or individual that he or she feels will promote his/her interest(overall interest not selfish). If I, believe that Dickson will best promote Bayelsa and Ijaw interest, and some other people think it's Sylva, then all I need do is to Respect others position while sticking to mine. If tomorrow I decide that Sylva is better, it is still my right and liberty. Nobody is indebted to any party or candidate except those sycophants. So, it is the job of Dickson and PDP to reach out to electorates and not the other way round.

Whether Sylva or Dickson, both are Bayelsans and Ijaws. I'm behind Dickson but it is the right of my elders or anyone to support Sylva if they believe in him. The final verdict lies in the majority of the voting population. Bayelsans/Ijaws owe PDP/APC/LP etc NOTHING! Stop crying more than the bereaved

If you can't understand this then do yourself a big favour by scheduling a trip to Akure...

Let's finish with the Ijaws and bayelsans before going to Akure, because I know ondo people very well and as such can tell you that they are the most reliable among the Yoruba... The oyos are unreliable, while the ijebus are loathsome. Anyway let's not digress...

Back to topic....
It is said that in politics there are no permanent friends but permanent interest. That seems to be the summary of your letter.

But then again, there is this other saying that, there is no honor among thieves.

Certainly this ijaw elders have been eaten with both hands to the mouth, like thieves without honor and without principle. Call it political thieves if that would sooth your emotions.

1 Like

Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by mandhi(m): 6:39am On Nov 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Well, I guess it sometimes becomes difficult maintaining a cool under some circumstance. Thanks a lot boss

Bless you
Same here boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by BabaNath(m): 6:57am On Nov 22, 2015
After the reggae play the blues. Mr. Dick something shey u see your life
Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by dinachi(m): 7:49am On Nov 22, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
That is the ijaw man for you, watch them hand over their state to APC under Jonathan's nose while some of my daft brothers are shouting Biafra..
Will they ever learn? That is the question!
Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by babyfaceafrica: 8:00am On Nov 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

tonye!!!!....don't indulge that fellow....he is bored....e needs attention..by the way I want sylvia to win...but I hve to say...you are making sense...some people are crying more than the bereaved

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:08am On Nov 22, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
tonye!!!!....don't indulge that fellow....he is bored....e needs attention..by the way I want sylvia to win...but I hve to say...you are making sense...some people are crying more than the bereaved
My brother, I had to ignore him(Thanks a lot). How can someone that is neither an Ijaw nor from Bayelsa be pained about the decision of BY Elders to endorse whoever they believe in between their two sons? Like I always say, nobody or group owe any politician/party anything. If Kano decide to pitch tent with PDP or Accord tomorrow, it is their choice. Same with Bayelsa. I think some people mistake election for coronation.

Beside, may Dickson win the poll!
Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by gwales: 8:19am On Nov 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

The Right of every Ijawman and woman to align with ANY party or group of his or her choice is INALIENABLE and can NEVER be taken away by any person or group. The political choice of every Ijawnman and woman remain theirs and must be respected whether or not we agree with them.

As for Clark, he's part of the Nigeria problem.
I stand with you on this one

Anyway, victory for sylva

Note, I am not from bAyelsa neither am I Ijaw grin
Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:24am On Nov 22, 2015
gwales:
I stand with you on this one

Anyway, victory for sylva

Note, I am not from bAyelsa neither am I Ijaw grin
Why not? I'm not from Kogi state but I'm backing Captain Wada. The point I was trying to make is that nobody or group should be vilified for their political choice.
Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by gwales: 8:32am On Nov 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Why not? I'm not from Kogi state but I'm backing Captain Wada. The point I was trying to make is that nobody or group should be vilified for their political choice.
that is the reason I salute you for your stance

People should learn to different politics and ethnicity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Endorsing Dickson, Bayelsa Elders Support Sylva by babyfaceafrica: 8:37am On Nov 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, I had to ignore him(Thanks a lot). How can someone that is neither an Ijaw nor from Bayelsa be pained about the decision of BY Elders to endorse whoever they believe in between their two sons? Like I always say, nobody or group owe any politician/party anything. If Kano decide to pitch tent with PDP or Accord tomorrow, it is their choice. Same with Bayelsa. I think some people mistake election for coronation.

Beside, may Dickson win the poll!
lolz...... Well for equality sake....let APC take kogi and PDP take Bayelsa...draw

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Joining The Islamic Coalition Is An Impeachable Act / Aisha Buhari And Her Diplomatic Passport / 7 Absolutely SHOCKING Secrets Aisha Revealed About Her Husband, APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.