Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Igbo Voices Against Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Voices Against Biafra (2600 Views)

I’m Not Against Biafra, If War Starts I’ll Fight - Mbaka / "This Is The Govt I Fought For"Released Blogger Abubakar Sidik Voices Out.Photos / The Southsouth Voices Against Biafra Agitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 22, 2015
A movement is bound to fail when elders and leaders do not consent to it.

Below are a list of prominent Igbos who have come out to condemn the biafra agitation.

Father Mbaka

"Fr. Mbaka had during
last Saturday sermon
at his Adoration
Ministry condemned
the recent agitation
and protests for Biafra
nation describing the
action as `evil.’'

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/massob-blasts-fr-mbaka-over-pro-biafra-agitation/

Gov Okorocha

Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha has
condemned the pro-Biafra protests in
Anambra, Rivers and Delta states.
The protests were against the arrest of the
director of Biafra Radio, Nnamdi Kanu.
Okorocha said the protest or any other activity
of the separatist group did not have the
backing of any Igbo leader or the Southeast
governors.

www.thenationonlineng.net/okorocha-condemns-protests/

Obi of Onitsha

The paramount ruler and Obi of Onitsha in Anambra State, Igwe Alfred Achebe, has condemned the widespread protests by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), who are calling for the separation of the entire south-east region from Nigeria.

According to him, the south-east remained an
integral part of Nigeria and the leaders from the
area so much believed in the unity of the country
and would always work towards sustaining such bond.

www.channelstv.com/2015/11/21/obi-of-onitsha-condemns-protests-by-pro-biafra-agitators/

The Igbo Conscience (TIC)

The Igbo Conscience (TIC), led by Barrister Monday Ubani, a former Chairman of the Ikeja Branch of the Nigerian Bar Association, has dismissed the clamour for Biafra, asserting that the Igbo are better off in Nigeria.

“While it is possible for any Yoruba man or woman from any state in the South West to serve in any capacity in Lagos it is extremely
difficult if not impossible for an Igbo from one Igbo state to work in another Igbo state.”

TIC blamed the Biafra clamour on some “economic refugees” living in Europe and America who engage in it as a way of mitigating the harsh economic realities in Nigeria.

www.dailypost.ng/2015/11/18/biafra-is-nonsense-will-never-be-joe-igbokwe-others-tell-agitators/

Ohanaeze

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/716302_king_making_18_jpg9f2e8c39e04518f9a494ba16cd840ba2[/img]

The apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, the
Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has described recent protests by Pro-Biafra agitators in some parts of the country, as madness, saying Biafra died 45 years ago when General Philip Effiong surrendered to the Nigerian troops.”

www.thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/national/item/4539-ohaneze-ndigbo-condemns-biafra-agitation-stop-this-madness-biafra-died-45-years-ago

If you are still under the delusion that the SouthSouth region will be part of a phantom biafra, then I'll advice you to subscribe to the thread below to hear what their leaders are saying about biafra.

www.nairaland.com/2733473/southsouth-voices-against-biafra-agitation
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by ELTON123(m): 7:26am On Nov 22, 2015
Only God has the final say!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Ezedon(m): 7:27am On Nov 22, 2015
If these APC members mentioned above are against the movement , I Ezedon is proudly a BIAFRAN.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by mulattoclaro(m): 7:28am On Nov 22, 2015
Don't mind these jobless flàtheads. I pity them. They'll die in great numbers this time. Buratai and his boys will used them for suya.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by MayorofLagos(m): 7:31am On Nov 22, 2015
Add Lt. General Azubuke Ihejirika to the list of those condemning it.
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Money40: 7:32am On Nov 22, 2015
Op this idiot you mentioned up there, how many graduate have thy given job from the street,? Earlier you know igbo youths are the once championing this course better for you, only namdi can stop, pray no country sees favor in them and secretly arms them, mind you igbos wnt kill them selfs, they will rather make it a Nigerian problem not eastern problem, every one will get share this agitators are out for revenge

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by kurupt1: 7:51am On Nov 22, 2015
Nigerians are bloody hypocrites. One of the largest tribe in nigeria are agitating and the government of the day is trying to trivalize it?? Why not have a round table discussion with the aggrieved parties. A man is kept in detention for wks now .....has met his bail conditions and he is yet to be released??IS THIS A DEMOCRACY?? The president is a bigot in my IMHO and shouldn't be president of nigeria maybe he should be president of northern nigeria.
Nigerians deserve what they get.......peole will continue to be blinded to the truth cos of the deep seated tribalism in this country.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by chosen04(f): 8:00am On Nov 22, 2015
Biafra restoration is REAL. The biggest mistake the Zoo govt made was arresting director, Nnamdi Kanu and killing unarmed IPOB protesters. The day the first set of unarmed IPOB protesters was shot dead at Onitsha on 30th of August, 2015 was the day the voice came.............. "There is no freedom without the shedding of blood. Did you not notice that even the blood of my son JESUS was shed for the freedom that mankind is enjoying? Cry and mourn NOT! On the blood of these innocent IPOB Biafrans murdered by the Zoo govt will BIAFRA be resurrected and restored"

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 22, 2015
They are speaking for themselves only.
I guess Nigeria is looking after them, but this our quest is that of Freedom! We listen to no person or persons except our only leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the Director Radio Biafra.

Biafra we want, Biafra we shall get!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by cheruv: 8:21am On Nov 22, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Don't mind these jobless flàtheads. I pity them. They'll die in great numbers this time. Buratai and his boys will used them for suya.
First,
Let buratai explain why he lost 105 soldiers in one night to BH

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by cheruv: 8:34am On Nov 22, 2015
Money40:
Op this idiot you mentioned up there, how many graduate have thy given job from the street,? Earlier you know igbo youths are the once championing this course better for you, only namdi can stop, pray no country sees favor in them and secretly arms them, mind you igbos wnt kill them selfs, they will rather make it a Nigerian problem not eastern problem, every one will get share this agitators are out for revenge
That's the problem with the mentality of these Nigerians angry
When the terror starts,we'd spread it round Nigeria thereby stretching the limits of the army.they'd be so surprised that not a sound would be heard in Igboland.
For me I'd suggest that Abuja,Lagos and Kaduna be specially targeted bkos these three areas would give us the reaction we desire.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Money40: 8:42am On Nov 22, 2015
cheruv:

When the terror starts,we'd spread it round Nigeria thereby stretching the limits of the army.they'd be so surprised that not a sound would be heard in Igboland.
For me I'd suggest that Abuja,Lagos and Kaduna be specially targeted bkos these three areas would give us the reaction we desire.
they think we will kill our self they don't know the plan
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by demielvis: 8:54am On Nov 22, 2015
mulattoclaro:
I thought you've repented
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by drake22: 9:16am On Nov 22, 2015
Name me one yoruba bizman that owns an investment in d SE or even SS region. Recently the oil platform that was suppose to be build in Bayelsa was cancelled and to be build in badagry. Yorubas are naturally tribalistic in nature.
Check the orji kalu sun. The then editor in chief was (awoniyi i've forgotten d name) and check tinubu nation(90% yoruba)
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by zuchyblink(m): 9:31am On Nov 22, 2015
We are waiting for Amadioha to condemn Biafra agitation,it doesn't stop us from marching forward because chukwu okike abhiama has giving us command to agitate
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 22, 2015
ELTON123:
Only God has the final say!!!!
God is not in support of any worldly government cos he has handed this world to the devil to govern till He enthrones HIs son Yahshua to bring peace in the end time.

So, He doesn't regard any biafra.

Ezedon:
If these APC members mentioned above are against the movement , I Ezedon is proudly a BIAFRAN.
since when did Obi of onitsha and Ohanaeze become APC members?

Have you forgotten how Obi of onitsha scuttled Ngige's campaign last year? We all know that Ohanaeze is PDP's tribal wing who supported GEJ few months back.

Just admit that it's only street urchins that clamour for biafra while the leaders and elders disregard it.
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 22, 2015
cheruv:

I've said it times without numbers that those clamouring for biafra are the never do wells of ibo land. It is even clearer now that their leaders are distancing themselves from it.

You feels are saying that you will stretch the terror to other nigerian regions once it starts. So funny.

You these jobless IPOB youths are just looking for a way to make successful ibos become like you never do wells. Don't you know that the moment you touch an inch of yoruba land, the yorubas will have every reason to plunder your GSM, electronics and spare parts market all in the name of searching for IPOB youths?

Every Ibo man will be seen as a suspect and would be harassed or arrested. Landlords will evict their ibo tenants who won't be able to get a house anywhere in yoruba land again because of the actions of some IPoB jobless youths.

What do you think will be obtainable in th northern part of Nigeria where the youths are already giving out stern warnings to Ibos?

Do you want another pogrom?

You want to target lagos, abuja and kaduna. I pity for the innocent ibos grin. You seriously think the indigenes will fold their hands and watch? All ibos will be evicted from those regions making ibo landlords lose their house. This time, they'll never be returned by the yorubas like it was done the last time.

Don't dare bring your stupidity to lagos. Ask the niger delta militants why they couldn't bomb anywhere in SW after they bombed atlas cove in lagos. They warned sternly, so they never did such again.

Remember how Ojukwu lost almost all his soldiers in Ore when he was trying to come to lagos. The yorubas were neutral during the civil war until ojukwu and the ibo coveteousness for lagos decided to come claim it. They met their waterloo at Ore where Yorubas finished them off.

Remember benjamin adekunle and awolowo. Their offsprings still exist.
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 22, 2015
juicee1:
God is not in support of any worldly government cos he has handed this world to the devil to govern till He enthrones HIs son Yahshua to bring peace in the end time.

Have you forgotten how Obi of onitsha scuttled Ngige's campaign last year? We all know that Ohanaeze is PDP's tribal wing who supported GEJ few months back.

Just admit that it's only street urchins that clamour for biafra while the leaders and elders disregard it.
Those street urchins are better than you 1000 times over.
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 22, 2015
drake22:
Name me one yoruba bizman that owns an investment in d SE or even SS region. Recently the oil platform that was suppose to be build in Bayelsa was cancelled and to be build in badagry. Yorubas are naturally tribalistic in nature.
Check the orji kalu sun. The then editor in chief was (awoniyi i've forgotten d name) and check tinubu nation(90% yoruba)
it is popular knowledge that ibo males don't go to school. They prefer to trade while their females attend schools just to be valuable in terms of bride price.

All of the above is why yorubas are even running things in an ibo owned newspaper while they control theirs almost 100%.

Blame awolowo for opening our eyes to the beauty of education.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by EternalTruths: 10:08am On Nov 22, 2015
Let UN Referendum decide our fate. cool
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 22, 2015
EternalTruths:
Let UN Referendum decide our fate. cool
the referendum will hold only in the SE. Forget the SS.

Your leaders and elders who are to clamour for it are already kicking against biafra. Unite Nations doesn't listen to street urchins, hoodlums, miscreants and thugs.
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 22, 2015
MayorofLagos:
post the link for me.
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by bugzbunny: 12:08pm On Nov 22, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Once u hear biafra... Ur BP rises
While u hate igbos
Igbos hate u pass
Why dnt we go our separate ways
Mind ur biz...biafra is not ur concern
We hv nothing in common

Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by WIZGUY69(m): 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
Ezedon:
I[s]f these APC members mentioned above are against the movement , I Ezedon is proudly a BIAFRA[/s]N.

Who know you? grin
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by WIZGUY69(m): 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2015
drake22:
N[s]ame me one yoruba bizman that owns an investment in d SE or even SS region. Recently the oil platform that was suppose to be build in Bayelsa was cancelled and to be build in badagry. Yorubas are naturally tribalistic in nature.
Check the orji kalu sun. The then editor in chief was (awoniyi i've forgotten d name) and check tinubu nation(90% yoruba[/s])

Why would someone build an industry/investment in an erosion enclave?
Even the inhabitants are not investing there, but you want a visitor to start investing there. wink

1 Like

Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
juicee1:

Below are a list of prominent Igbos who have come out to condemn the biafra agitation.

Father Mbaka

"Fr. Mbaka had during
last Saturday sermon
at his Adoration
Ministry condemned
the recent agitation
and protests for Biafra
nation describing the
action as `evil.’'

Gov Okorocha

governors.

Obi of Onitsha

The paramount ruler and Obi of Onitsha in Anambra State, Igwe Alfred Achebe, has condemned the widespread protests by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), who are calling for the separation of the entire south-east region from Nigeria.

www.channelstv.com/2015/11/21/obi-of-onitsha-condemns-protests-by-pro-biafra-agitators/

The Igbo Conscience (TIC), led by Barrister Monday Ubani, a former Chairman of the Ikeja Branch of the Nigerian Bar Association, has dismissed the clamour for Biafra, asserting that the Igbo are better off in Nigeria.

“While it is possible for any Yoruba man or woman from any state in the South West to serve in any capacity in Lagos it is extremely
difficult if not impossible for an Igbo from one Igbo state to work in another Igbo state.”

TIC blamed the Biafra clamour on some “economic refugees” living in Europe and America who engage in it as a way of mitigating the harsh economic realities in Nigeria.

www.dailypost.ng/2015/11/18/biafra-is-nonsense-will-never-be-joe-igbokwe-others-tell-agitators/

Ohanaeze

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/716302_king_making_18_jpg9f2e8c39e04518f9a494ba16cd840ba2[/img]

Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has described recent protests by Pro-Biafra agitators in some parts of the country, as madness, saying Biafra died 45 years ago when General Philip Effiong surrendered to the Nigerian troops.”

www.thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/national/item/4539-ohaneze-ndigbo-condemns-biafra-agitation-stop-this-madness-biafra-died-45-years-ago

If you are still under the delusion that the SouthSouth region will be part of a phantom biafra, then I'll advice you to subscribe to the thread below to hear what their leaders are saying about biafra.

Walahi, Yoruba na stupidd people.

Quontinue to deceive urself
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by coolzeal(m): 12:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
The are not the voices of the masses but select few. Millions of the protesters are the future and not some figure head or corrupt few politicians.
Religion, Politicians and selfish Traditional leaders... The problems of Africa.
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Ihejirika now on Facebook making comments.... grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
juicee1:

Street urchins lead all revolutions.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
chuna1985:

Street urchins lead all revolutions.
Ojukwu was not a street urchin
Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
Rochas also inclusive? Op, you are a joke. The people you assembled can't represent SE. We believe in principle of right and wrong. When we acknowledge something to be bad, we condemn it in totality, when it is right, we praise and embrace it.

Don't fool yourself to think that bribing few will calm us. Except the right is done, nothing will stop us. We operate in a different level from others. Nothing those guys is saying will stop the quest for Biafra so long as the cause of it uprising remains.

juicee1:

Father Mbaka

"Fr. Mbaka had during
last Saturday sermon
at his Adoration
Ministry condemned
the recent agitation
and protests for Biafra
nation describing the
action as `evil.’'

Gov Okorocha

governors.

Obi of Onitsha

Ohanaeze

Re: Igbo Voices Against Biafra by playahata: 1:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
mulattoclaro:
you are a child

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo Tribunal: Recounted Ballot Papers Show Discrepancies With Inec’s Figure / Is Nigeria The Biggest Country In Africa? / IPOB Protest In Support Of Evans The Kidnapper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.