Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:14 AM

Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency (14546 Views)

PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo / South-West Sends Mercenaries To Other Parts Of Nigeria To Fight – Akpabio / Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by marlockj: 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2015
dont8:

http://punchng.com/boko-haram-nigeria-wont-hire-mercenaries-presidency/

December that is here already and boko are still chasing our military away.

150 military officers ran from boko and you ppl are saying Dec.

@This point we should b combing north of the remaining bokos, if we were to achieve Dec deadline,Bt here we are running away from dem as November.

We Dnt evn hv mre pics of efforts no videos Bt yet we get from boko.

Incase u Dnt knw,we are all waiting for boko next videos n pic
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by princejayboss: 1:26pm On Nov 22, 2015
teeowl:
Mercenaries are NOT part of any country's military... they always go for the highest bidder... they have no CHAIN OF COMMAND... mercenaries are more dangerous than you think.... after knowing the weakness of nigerian military, anybody can pay them to stage a coup de tat... instead of mercenaries, let the USA Marines or USA Army or British Army or even the United Nations peace keeping force come and help.

Your point makes no sense..... Am sorry but really there is no sense to it....

The Mercenaries that fought with the army at the end of last administration, did they take over the state of Nigeria?

Do you really understand how Mercenaries work? They will give coordinates instead of the military bosses.... At least the assault coordination are known to them till the point of attack not like Nigeria army who gives away assault details to bH before the charge.

You can not take away the fact for the soldiers to have the will to defend this Nigeria cos without the will the weapon will not be useful.

You shout training Ana all that..... I ask you this .... Do you start training now that the war is on? The system screwed for not have a modernized training.

Some may consider my statement as tribal but the truth is that .... The system set to admit soldiers are quite biased...

North has more intake in the army than any other part of the nation as they see it as Their birth right which have led to many BH sympathizer on the course of the war.

This mole system in the military need to be cut off, if not.... Your weapon and training is useless.

Even if you get F-22 Raptor for the military.... The result will be zero because some people sell us out before we even move for assault.

Final answer is the best Mercenaries.... Cut off our military commands and allow the Mercenaries provide coordinates..... We saw it work the last time by GEJ
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by oluamid(m): 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
Darlduchi:
It is amazing how Nigerians reject only solution to boko Haram which is Biafra and expect the leader of Boko Haram to put an end to it. I guess Nairaland is your only source for information. I advice that you listen to foreign media outlet to understand the mess all of you are in.

We have even started discussing the issue of the most deadly group in the world Fulani . It is a long way to your freedom, meanwhile, Bible prophesy must be fulfil. until you all come to terms that the Igbos you all jioned hand to kill are the Hebrew Israelites, God's choosing people, the Children of the God you all claim to worship.....sorry....calamity will continue to trace you all wherever you are.

It seems you are the only one privy to these "foreign media outlets".

For your info, we have tvs and internet connection too.

And what's that about the 'hebrew' thing? Are we supposed to be worshipping your kind just cos you said so? You seriously have a god-complex
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2015
cool the same people shouting mercenaries would jump to condemn buhari the moment anything goes wrong.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by iFirst: 1:39pm On Nov 22, 2015
prof1990:
Get jack bauer and in 24hrs boko haram would be saying endtime things

Thank you
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by Cannonleo(m): 1:39pm On Nov 22, 2015
I sincerely laugh at the naiveity of many commentors on this thread and adeshina himself. Nigeria throughout the course of this war has never hired mercenaries with a definite engagement status or formation. what we got was private military contractors in the shape of Stittep led by col eben Barlow formally of the SANDF.
they were tasked with the training and determination the ordinace and orbat of the 72 MSF which was in the fore front of many major decoy and flanking attacks during the six weeks offensive and proved to be the midas touch we needed.however as useless as this current admin is in my own opinion they decided to terminate their contract just to seem politically capable and correct even before expiration. well what do we have now. the orbit inclusion of MSF is almost in ineffectiveness level 4 and a whole lot is not working well the change agents have secretly decided to rehire them and they are hear yarning trash for u.

to me there is a great dif between mercs and PMCs .PMCs is what we had.

for you info. a lot is going wrong in the AOR now.I have just decided to keep quiet. the old days of ineptitude amongst COs is back.losing ground like chickens and what happens
nothing because majority of the CO of formation especially in Jere LGA and most areas have been replaced with those in the political good books of you know who.

I am missing the mad man minimah. no CO dared retreating cos they never wanted a free ride to HQ abuja.

burutashi should realize that formality is over .it is time to put some people on their toes or it will simply reinforce my belief that the gambari dynasty syndrome is back in the military NA.
sadiqu isn't impressive at all as regards NAF.

these long epistles are far gone. its time we get back to the bizness of sending some dudes for judgement.

viva Nigeria if we do the right thinv
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by onatisi(m): 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2015
Cannonleo:
I sincerely laugh at the naiveity of many commentors on this thread and adeshina himself. Nigeria throughout the course of this war has never hired mercenaries with a definite engagement status or formation. what we got was private military contractors in the shape of Stittep led by col eben Barlow formally of the SANDF.
they were tasked with the training and determination the ordinace and orbat of the 72 MSF which was in the fore front of many major decoy and flanking attacks during the six weeks offensive and proved to be the midas touch we needed.however as useless as this current admin is in my own opinion they decided to terminate their contract just to seem politically capable and correct even before expiration. well what do we have now. the orbit inclusion of MSF is almost in ineffectiveness level 4 and a whole lot is not working well the change agents have secretly decided to rehire them and they are hear yarning trash for u.

for you info. a lot is going wrong in the AOR now.I have just decided to keep quiet. the old days of ineptitude amongst COs is back.losing ground like chickens and what happens
nothing because majority of the CO of formation especially in Jere LGA and most areas have been replaced with those in the political good books of you know who.

I am missing the mad man minimah. no CO dared retreating cos they never wanted a free ride to HQ abuja.

burutashi should realize that formality is over .it is time to put some people on their toes or it will simply reinforce my belief that the gambari dynasty syndrome is back in the military NA.

these long epistles are far gone. its time we get back to the bizness of sending some dudes for judgement.

the dullard supporters will not see reason I'm this wonderful post. They will soon come out to blame their dullard president ineffectiveness on gej.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by chronique(m): 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2015
This says a lot. Thanks for the update.
Cannonleo:

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by Norajones(f): 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2015
prof1990:
Get jack bauer and in 24hrs boko haram would be saying endtime things
too much television. Look @ wat it has done to u. Chaii
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by MduZA: 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2015
teeowl:
Mercenaries are NOT part of any country's military... they always go for the highest bidder... they have no CHAIN OF COMMAND... mercenaries are more dangerous than you think.... after knowing the weakness of nigerian military, anybody can pay them to stage a coup de tat... instead of mercenaries, let the USA Marines or USA Army or British Army or even the United Nations peace keeping force come and help.

bra Chad and Cameroon can do it
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by akposking(m): 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2015
Lalastiiclaia see better gist or you still dey on top mountain.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by DeGenius3(m): 12:11am On Nov 23, 2015
ultrazone:
What do we believe now? This govt ehn! undecided

i wanted to ask that too!

then, what has the requests for assistance
been all these while?

i thought the president was sourcing for
support from top world powers and even
regional forces to end boko haram?

any ways,i know that getting mercenaries
to do the Job is another thing...

But there have been "mercenaries" since

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Delivers Address At SSR Conference In London / APC Governors Visit Emir Sanusi (Photos) / To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.