Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency (14480 Views)

PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo / South-West Sends Mercenaries To Other Parts Of Nigeria To Fight – Akpabio / Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by CaptaiinG(m): 10:19am On Nov 22, 2015
Wailers will never believe this, they are pessimistic people.
I hope for a better Nigeria and when the glory of this great country shall return, I shall not be found wanting, amen
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by backtosender: 10:20am On Nov 22, 2015
Proud goes before fall
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 22, 2015
out of a nation of over 150 million, i dont think we need mercenaries... what we need is training and equipment... Nigerian military recruits regularly so i dont think we are lacking when it comes to soldiers and airforce pilots... it is the equipment and training we need.

And these mercenaries can end up supporting a coup de tat later on...

chronique:
Smh. Massaging a president's ego at the expense of human lives been wasted?

Standing5:
This presido should stop believing in the ability of the Nigerian army at the expense of innocent lives more force should be applied on all fronts

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by Missmossy(f): 10:22am On Nov 22, 2015
Chai!!!

Let's see where it takes us to.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by Standing5(m): 10:22am On Nov 22, 2015
This presido should stop believing in the ability of the Nigerian army at the expense of innocent lives more force should be applied on all fronts
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 22, 2015
Just because we are thirsty does not mean we should drink polluted water... these mercenaries can end up destabilizing nigeria.

backtosender:
Proud goes before fall
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by soleexx(m): 10:25am On Nov 22, 2015
Thank god

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by patrickugbehoj: 10:26am On Nov 22, 2015
the president is confuse..
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by chronique(m): 10:33am On Nov 22, 2015
It's not about what Nigeria's population is,but how many of the citizens are willing to go and fight for Nigeria. I almost quit my biz to join the army out of patrotism but ended up changing my mind when I started hearing of reports of troops being sabotaged by their very own colleagues,and being wasted easily. As an only son,I concluded that wasn't the best way to die. Now,there are several people like me who also got discouraged with such news,and gave up the will to be part of the army. Now,these are some of the people who would make good soldiers,not people joining the army cos of monetary gains. The question you should ask yourself is: how many Nigerians are still committed to join the army,in the light of all these recent revelations? You've seen youths on this forum boast about willing to fight and die for Biafra;how many of them have you seen boasting about being ready to die for Nigeria? This should give us serious cause for concern.
teeowl:
out of a nation of over 150 million, i dont think we need mercenaries... what we need is training and equipment... Nigerian military recruits regularly so i dont think we are lacking when it comes to soldiers and airforce pilots... it is the equipment and training we need.

And these mercenaries can end up supporting a coup de tat later on...

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 22, 2015
when the army says they are recruiting you would still see people struggling to enlist... even the US army has its own bickering and infighting.... what Nigeria needs is improved training and better equipments NOT hired guns that have NO CHAIN OF COMMAND and would end up going to the higest bidder and support another coup de tat.

If we get these mercenaries... Dangote (with some army officers) can wake up one day and pay them huge sums of money to take over power.... mercenaries always work for the highest bidder... they are driven by money and money only... it is too dangerous to rely on them!

chronique:
It's not about what Nigeria's population is,but how many of the citizens are willing to go and fight for Nigeria. I almost quit my biz to join the army out of patrotism but ended up changing my mind when I started hearing of reports of troops being sabotaged by their very own colleagues,and being wasted easily. As an only son,I concluded that wasn't the best way to die. Now,there are several people like me who also got discouraged with such news,and gave up the will to be part of the army. Now,these are some of the people who would make good soldiers,not people joining the army cos of monetary gains. The question you should ask yourself is: how many Nigerians are still committed to join the army,in the light of all these recent revelations? You've seen youths on this forum boast about willing to fight and die for Biafra;how many of them have you seen boasting about being ready to die for Nigeria? This should give us serious cause for concern.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by ritababe(f): 10:42am On Nov 22, 2015
prof1990:
Get jack bauer and in 24hrs boko haram would be saying endtime things

this is not hollywood.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by raymondzack: 10:47am On Nov 22, 2015
prof1990:
Get jack bauer and in 24hrs boko haram would be saying endtime things
we also need Alex mahome
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by igahdavid(m): 10:57am On Nov 22, 2015
Mercenaries or no Mercenaries, Just deal with this BH issue

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by banio: 11:16am On Nov 22, 2015
If mercenaries will solve Boko haram pls you can even employ them. We are tired of senseless killings
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by mbulela: 11:32am On Nov 22, 2015
This Femi Adesina fella is utterly uninspiring.
Beisdes, we have (or had until recently) South African mercenaries fighting with our army against BH.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by slap1(m): 11:33am On Nov 22, 2015
Much ado about nothing... Crush Boko Haram as you promised.

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by mbulela: 11:39am On Nov 22, 2015
Nigeria is not worth dying for. Only a fool or naive person will think otherwise.
secondly, don't take these e-warriors serious. None of them will die for Biafra. Besides the biafra fight is dead on arrival. The elite and political class in Igboland will only use it for their own political gains because they have more to gain in the present contraption than any secessionist agenda. Have you not being hearing them dissociating themselves recently?
Without a uniform view, secession is impossible. Why do you think Catalonia fight has been successful and gaining traction?
Why do you think Ogoni cause was successful until the govt infiltrate with saboteurs?
Nigeria as it is presently constituted suits the entire political class as a whole irrespective of gender and tribe. so they will not accept anything to change the status quo.
Beisdes, Biafra needs a decent arrowhead not a hate monger filled with bile like that Kanu boy.
chronique:

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by ishiamu(m): 11:49am On Nov 22, 2015
onatisi:
Who takes this"mummy's boy" serious ?
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by backtosender: 11:55am On Nov 22, 2015
teeowl:
Just because we are thirsty does not mean we should drink polluted water... these mercenaries can end up destabilizing nigeria.

is boko haram not destabilizing Nigeria?
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 22, 2015
The Nigerian Military does not have the capacity to Fight Terrorism.. We need foreign help.. look at all the countries experiencing this plague, are they not getting foreign help.. which sense will the Army use in uderstanding the Intelligence and Equipment they have had the past 10 years failing to stop Boko-Haram.. is it now they will suddenly receive sense to fight BH?
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by klbakare(m): 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2015
chronique:
Smh. Massaging a president's ego at the expense of human lives being wasted? Is it that the present govt doesn't understand the difference between fighting terrorism and going on peace keeping missions? What kind of problem have we found ourselves in,as a nation? May God help us all.

For those talking about Nigeria having a population of 170m people;it's not about what Nigeria's population is,but how many of the citizens are willing to go and fight for Nigeria. I almost quit my biz to join the army out of patroitism but ended up changing my mind when I started hearing of reports of troops being sabotaged by their very own colleagues,and being wasted easily cos some people in the army are sympathetic to the boko haram cause. As an only son,I concluded that wasn't the best way to die. Now,there are several people like me who also got discouraged with such news,and gave up the will to be part of the army. Now,these are some of the people who would make good soldiers,not people joining the army cos of monetary gains. The question you should ask yourself is: how many Nigerians are still committed to join the army,in the light of all these recent revelations? You've seen youths on this forum boast about willing to fight and die for Biafra;how many of them have you seen boasting about being ready to fight and die for Nigeria? This should give us serious cause for concern.

deep words, hmmnnn

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by backtosender: 12:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nigeria government have broken many rules on human right they thought they can win terrorist war they don't have the intelligent gathering to fight insurgency plus they brag a lot about Biafra war hw they defeat Biafra single handedly..the world power is now watching them to see hw they can win this war.no more help from Russia,Britain

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
Buhari is a terrorist
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by onatisi(m): 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
voltron:
The Nigerian Military does not have the capacity to Fight Terrorism.. We need foreign help.. look at all the countries experiencing this plague, are they not getting foreign help.. which sense will the Army use in uderstanding the Intelligence and Equipment they have had the past 10 years failing to stop Boko-Haram.. is it now they will suddenly receive sense to fight BH?
sensible African leaders are not moronic in their thinking when they call on foreign powers to help crush terrorist attacks and groups,the recent hotel hostage taking in Mali is a classic example. France ,America and Britain sent commandos within to help Mali and within 24hrs, the hostages were freed and liberated ,if it was the dullard he will keep chewing his gworo and be deceiving Nigerians that the army can do the job.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 22, 2015
Mercenaries are NOT part of any country's military... they always go for the highest bidder... they have no CHAIN OF COMMAND... mercenaries are more dangerous than you think.... after knowing the weakness of nigerian military, anybody can pay them to stage a coup de tat... instead of mercenaries, let the USA Marines or USA Army or British Army or even the United Nations peace keeping force come and help.

backtosender:
is boko haram not destabilizing Nigeria?
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by SHOPPERS(m): 12:23pm On Nov 22, 2015
We Miss Labaran Maku.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by Lighthouseman: 12:24pm On Nov 22, 2015
Buhari ooooo

PA bubu living on OLD GLORY! THIS GUY LIVES IN 1982. BUHARI IS DOING TIME TRAVEL INTO THE PAST.

Most times I wished Uhuru Kenyatta was president of Nigeria.

Nigeria army abi northern army are living on the past.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by olusy2(m): 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2015
i can used my brain if nigerian can give the chance to work with army to caught boko aram
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Won’t Hire Mercenaries — Presidency by ezebinugwu21: 12:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
ok lets wait and see

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mass Sack In Banks Ploy To Discredit FG -APC / Obiageli Ezekwesili Meets With Ibrahim Babangida / Afenifere Throws Weight Behind Buhari/osinbajo, say Atiku's Backers are usurpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.