Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,312 members, 7,829,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch (1214 Views)

Ezekwesili Never Said Buhari Didn’t Deserve To Be President …what She Said .PIX / I Never Said Nigeria Will Burn If I Open Up – Jonathan’s Ex-adc, Col Adegbe / BASKET MOUTH SAYS GOODLUCK STOLE MONEY FOR 6YEARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by RichieF27: 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2015
Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammad Sanusi II, says he never accused any one of stealing money when he raised the alarm, in 2014, alleging that $20 billion was missing from the federation account. He said that though he raised the alarm in good faith, he at no time said any individual had stolen the money, contrary to public perception.

The Kano monarch told a team of PriceWaterhouse Coopers, who were appointed by the Federal Government to carry out a forensic audit of crude oil revenues and remittances by the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation between January 2012 and July 2013, that he only raised concern based on information available to him as at the time.
He however stated in the email exchange between him and PwC investigators that the “conclusions and recommendations” he reached “were based on the information available to me in my capacity as the Central Bank Governor”, adding that “it is likely that the provision of any additional information may change some of the conclusions”. Sanusi approved his submission as captured by the PwC investigators to the effect that: “You emphasized that contrary to general belief, you never said money was stolen”.
Sanusi also upheld submissions to the effect that they “focused on unreconciled and unexplained differences which were not remitted, and therefore missing, from the federation account. You insisted that your statements reflected your conclusions, using evidence available to you at the time, that money was being illegally withheld by NNPC and not being remitted to the federation. You remain convinced that the reconciliation provided to you by NNPC only served to prove this point”.

Approving the submission, Sanusi told the PwC investigators that “the content of the email below factually represent our discussions and accurately reflect my views, conclusions and recommendations”.
He added: “Please note that these views, conclusions and recommendations were based on the information available to me in my capacity as the Central Bank Governor and it is likely that the provision of any addition information may change some of the conclusions”.

The email came from Sanusi to NG/ GRM/PwC@EMEA-NG and dated 11/03/2014. It is marked Re: CONFIDENTIAL: Project Mercury Meetings. Time of sending the email from Sanusi’s mail account was 11:54pm. The email which was annexed to the report of the forensic audit of NNPC by PwC was classified as DC1 and “authorized use only confidential”.
The letter read at Paragraph 4 thus: “In conclusion, you stressed again that your primary concern remains the need for transparency and accountability by NNPC, quantifying any unremitted balance withheld by NNPC and facilitating the process for NNPC to remit same.

You made it clear that your submissions were based on facts and data available to you at the time and you fully appreciate your conclusions could change as more information is made available subsequent to your departure from the CBN”.

The letter reads in detail: Your Royal Highness, Thank you for making the time to meet us to discuss your views as it relates to our ongoing mandate of investigating the Crude Oil revenues due to the federation account. During our discussion, we (PwC) did not receive any documentation from you.

You stated your position as it relates to the crude oil revenues has not changed and all documentation available to you were submitted to the senate committee.
Please review this summary and confirm if it factually represents our discussions. Please feel free to highlight any areas you feel we might have misrepresented or misunderstood.

As we mentioned during our meeting, once we receive your confirmation, this email will be included in our records/reports. We have summarized our discussions with you below.

Meeting Summary 1. Background: that as the Central bank governor, you alerted the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria about concerns you had on material and significant differences between the CBN’s estimatesof what NNPC ought to be remitting to the Federation and actual cash receipts.

You requested explanations on these differences as you were of the view that the unremitted amounts were being held at NNPC (and NNPC subsidiary agencies) in violation of the law and the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. You advised that NNPC be compelled to desist from this practice… Read more in the bromide of letter attached.
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by Oblitz(m): 1:27pm On Nov 22, 2015
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by jaymejate: 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
This people mad o, them go tok something con come back say dem no tok am.

Jonathan tok say OBJ wan go third term. Later he denied saying that.

Amosun tok say FG wan take away the Bailout something. He later come baq say he no tok am.

Buhari tok say he did not say he will fufill all promise. Later he denied say he no tok am.

God punish all of you wey de lie for Govt.
Hell Fire people.

1 Like

Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by Scholes007(m): 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by dunkem21(m): 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2015
grin OP, put sauce for this Sunday rice make we chop the Emir raw ..

..The thunder wey go fire Obiagelli Ezekwesili still dey microwave ..

1 Like

Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by temitemi1(m): 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2015
Yeye people grin grin grin
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by meezynetwork(m): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
and so?
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by PassingShot(m): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
jaymejate:

Amosun tok say FG wan take away the Bailout something. He later come baq say he no tok am.

Buhari tok say he did not say he will fufill all promise. Later he denied say he no tok am.

Hell Fire people.
Why not learn how to read and understand first?

What Sanusi is saying is that he never mentioned anybody's name even though he raised the alarm about the unremitted $20bn. And what he's saying is true because he didn't mention Diezani but NNPC.

3 Likes

Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by PRYCE(m): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
Let Diezani hear you!... you go hear am!
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by surestsam(m): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
Incase
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by ozy4christ(f): 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
jaymejate:

Hell Fire people.
supported
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by coolzeal(m): 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
Few people running a nation of over 170, 0000 0000 people; like their household.. Zombies everywhere.
Government of lies.

1 Like

Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by erunz(m): 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
Ok confession time
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by EdCure: 1:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
If you allege that government money is missing, is that not another way of saying it was stolen?
And when such bogus allegation comes up, who are the primary culprits, is it not those who are entrusted to be the custodians of the said money?

3 Likes

Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by CyberWolf: 1:39pm On Nov 22, 2015
Na lie ooh ...APC led FG must find that $20B angry ... Btw OP where is your source? angry
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by jaymejate: 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2015
PassingShot:

What Sanusi is saying is that he never mentioned anybody's name even though he raised the alarm about the unremitted $20bn. And what he's saying is true because he didn't mention Diezani but NNPC.

In conclusion? What is he, sanusi saying?
That's how they will be doing, do you know what has happened in the secrets that make him to reverse what he has said or saying he mentioned no1?

I know wat I'm saying mahn. They will say this, then change it later.
Bro please quote me like a matured person. What do mean by "learn how to read" ? Not a good 1

1 Like

Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by Blackfire(m): 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2015
Tell me the guy is joking

2 Likes

Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by PassingShot(m): 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
jaymejate:

In conclusion? What is he, sanusi saying?
That's how they will be doing, do you know what has happened in the secrets that make him to reverse what he has said or saying he mentioned no1?

I know wat I'm saying mahn. They will say this, then change it later.
Bro please quote me like a matured person. What do mean by "learn how to read" ? Not a good 1
The fact is he has not denied saying money was missing. He only said he didn't mention Diezani. And it is correct he didn't mention her name. He only said NNPC didn't remit $20bn.
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by Elslim: 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2015
End time
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by jaymejate: 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2015
PassingShot:

The fact is he has not denied saying money was missing. He only said he didn't mention Diezani. And it is correct he didn't mention her name. He only said NNPC didn't remit $20bn.

Thanks for the summary. That's what i want!
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by chaloner(m): 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2015
PassingShot:

abeg go sit down , dis is primary sch logic .... Who is NNPC under diezini ? And Who is NNP under buhari , isn't diezini nd buhari respectively? Lik u giv me 20 naira nd leta said 10 naira is missin nd u didn't cal my name

2 Likes

Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by PassingShot(m): 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2015
jaymejate:

Thanks for the summary. That's what i want!
My stmnt on "read to understand" may have been over the top but it's out of frustration about how so many people here comment out of point most times. Sorry abt it.
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by PassingShot(m): 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2015
chaloner:
abeg go sit down , dis is primary sch logic .... Who is NNPC under diezini ? And Who is NNP under buhari , isn't diezini nd buhari respectively? Lik u giv me 20 naira nd leta said 10 naira is missin nd u didn't cal my name
Yes Diezani could be part of the sleeze but remember there are Directors and a GMD too. Be civil.

1 Like

Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by chaloner(m): 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
PassingShot:

Yes Diezani could be part of the sleeze but remember there are Directors and a GMD too. Be civil.
like wen tins goes bad in d country u call GEj nd now buhari , u cnt start tacklin ministers so its obvious sanusi was referin to diezini period

1 Like

Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by psucc(m): 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
PassingShot:

If this is all what you got from the story, then you aren't objective enough. He added that the alarm was raise based on the conclusion he held which in turn was based on info at his disposal.
2. That the provision of additional info or clarification may prove him wrong.
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by Redoil: 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2015

"Our party (APC) leaders are thieves fraudulent disgraceful and dishonest" Hon. Dogara to APC party leaders.
"culled from a letter to passingshot from gbawe under the flying seal of demdem and beremx and areesa
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by disloman(m): 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2015
Some people sha.To comprehend what they read,na war.What a shame.
Re: Missing NNPC $20bin: I Never Said Anybody Stole Money – Emir Sanusi--newspunch by bewla(m): 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2015
Thunder on the way

(1) (Reply)

Sultan Finally Speaks On Biafra Agitation. / Sky Sports News UK Interview Alaafin Of Oyo Oba Adeyemi & Son Prince Akeem(pics / Jesus!!! Obasanjo Just Finished Fayose In These Tweets...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.