Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,588 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session (4725 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? / I Saw Nuhu Ribadu In Kigali By Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by Sammy107d(m): 9:17am On May 23, 2009
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by Sammy107d(m): 9:33am On May 23, 2009
Why is Ribadu not mentioning the name of that Governor that gave him the $15million bucks?
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by naijaking1: 9:50am On May 23, 2009
Sammy107_d:

Why is Ribadu not mentioning the name of that Governor that gave him the $15million bucks?
He mentioned Ibori in another interview I saw somewhere. Someone also said that since Ibori stole more than 75% of his people's money, another project carried out by Ibori with the cash was paying for Yar'dua election. The people?, well that one of the problems with delta today.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by JJYOU: 9:57am On May 23, 2009
naijaking1:

He mentioned Ibori in another interview I saw somewhere. Someone also said that since Ibori stole more than 75% of his people's money, another project carried out by Ibori with the cash was paying for Yar'dua election. The people?, well that one of the problems with delta today.
thanks. i tot that was very obvious.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by MrCrackles(m): 9:58am On May 23, 2009
Na wa oo!
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by Sammy107d(m): 10:04am On May 23, 2009
Thanks Naijaking.

I don't know why it has taken me till today to mature the total disdain for the Nigerian government which they deserve, even though I knew things were serious. To that end, my ultimate joy would be to have these people (in their thousands) publicly shot in the guts simultaneously. Why is Ibori still chewing the fattened calf?

You can see young and dynamic individuals in the US congress with brain cells active enough to at least discuss, rather than screaming yay and nay all over the place over gay marriages and global warming deep down from their bloated tummies.

Which way now?
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by Sammy107d(m): 10:10am On May 23, 2009
I just realized this thread has already been created. sorry!
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by blacksta(m): 10:18am On May 23, 2009
Pls moderator can you make this thread sticky

here lies some powerful stuff.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by mathelize(m): 2:41pm On May 23, 2009
I wonder why he'd not mention the name of the governor. He is thief himself.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by olanajim(m): 3:32pm On May 23, 2009
Is there anyone who does not that Ibori is the man behind Ribadu's travail? He made some prediction including the scaking and trial of Ribadu and all are coming o pass. He is dining and winning with the president, isnt that a shame to Nigeria?

If Yaradua serious, I see no reason why he should be blind to fact.

FYI, this is not the first time ribadu will be telling the world. He said it before he was sent to Kuru. I also understand he charged Ibori with attempted bribery and stealing. The fact that he keep repeating that story line indicate that he know what he was talking about. I like people that stand by the words. I like Ribadu, I wish Ibori has admitted he stole money and apologised to Deltans, he would have been better off.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by JeSoul(f): 3:57pm On May 23, 2009
. . . "It takes two to tango" - very well said. I hope this will not just be another 'session' but that it will result in something positive and real measurable change.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by naijaking1: 4:23pm On May 23, 2009
Ribadu is building his image as the face that fights corruption in Nigeria/Africa. The tragedy is that despite all the hue and cry about re-branding, the Yardua govt. doesn't seem to understand the public relation impact of this type of interview. There's no push back or response to the many allegations made by Ribadu, not that he was lying, but it's important to have the govt. side of the story. When Nigeria becomes synonymous with corruption and wasteful spending, let nobody become astonished.
Personally, I'm proud of Ribadu angry
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by richard10: 4:56pm On May 23, 2009
much as much as i love to support ribadu i wont do it,you see one big problem who have in nigeria is doublestandards by our public officals,it is everywhere you go,go into any government office today and you will understand what i mean,why didnt ribadu ask obasanjo anything,why was he only against a selected group?
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by naijaking1: 5:00pm On May 23, 2009
Ribadu's job at EFCC was not perfect, I wondered why some of his prosecutions were one-sided, but now that he's outside, he seems to draw more respect.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by richard10: 6:01pm On May 23, 2009
it is all a smoke screen trust me,do you think the western world dont know how to stop this corruption in naija if they really wanted to,let me tell you a secret,the corruption among leaders in nigeria favors them the western world,ribadu himself knows this and even said so during his days in power at EFCC,right now he is just fooling himself
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by zomby(m): 7:31pm On May 23, 2009
Who is this governor that wanted to give him 15m?
Ribadu is nothing but a common thief who has ran out of ideas on how to clear his name.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by zomby(m): 7:35pm On May 23, 2009
it is all a smoke screen trust me,do you think the western world dont know how to stop this corruption in naija if they really wanted to,let me tell you a secret,the corruption among leaders in nigeria favors them the western world,ribadu himself knows this and even said so during his days in power at EFCC,right now he is just fooling himself
Western world doesn't give a shit about corruption in Nigeria. They have their own issues; don't u think?
Ribadu is a thief.

He has been out of job for almost 8 months, but still has enough to take care of himself, his children and his wives.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by Sammy107d(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2009
@ Zomby

His wives??
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by miquest: 8:50pm On May 23, 2009
I wonder why people are here shouting and praising ribadu, He was never honest, Ibori stole money from his state but so did odili who even stole in greater measures, Rivers State was the most visited state by Obasanjo in his 8yrs in office, Wat does that tell us, Ribadu was sacked for a reason, which is not following due process & his selective judgment in targeting all those who opposed Obj, Nigerians are always quick to fail to see what the problem is, It's not yar adua or Ibori it's Obasanjo, Odili and Ribadu, and i would continue to blame them for the crisis in the Niger Delta Community, Ribadu is as big a thief as any of the people he calls thiefs,
He was also disrespectful to his Superiors in the police force, Arrogant Fellow,
He also has a Lamborghini, Wat a thief, (Ribadu)
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by jensinmi(m): 11:08pm On May 23, 2009
zomby:

He has been out of job for almost 8 months, but still has enough to take care of himself, his children and his wives.

@ Zomby

First of all, I don't think it is fair for you to say he is a thief only because his wife and children are not begging on the street. That is not fair to the man at all. Secondly, have u seen how much top government officials earn? We were talking about House of Rep members taking home about N8 million per month in another thread. I don't know but do u have any idea how much an EFCC chairman gets paid per month. Like i said, I don't know but I'm sure it wasn't and is still not "regular change". So, that he is still able to still feed his family after working several years under Obasanjo does not in itself suggest or prove he is a thief. It would be better if people could get some evidence of money he stole and then call him a thief rather than the excuse you put forward.

Not an attack on you o. I'm just saying.

Peace.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by neeyee(m): 11:23pm On May 23, 2009
RIBADU, a thief? Yes!!! he is. You dont need to be told of how much he has stolen.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by sleekp1: 1:58am On May 24, 2009
The people against Ribadu are either agents of doom/Ibori. If you are realistic you will know it's better to prosecute one person than not to prosecute at all. Any one doing his job is hindered even before you start that job. Ribadu would have lasted one week had he prosecuted Obasanjo's cronies.

zomby:

Who is this governor that wanted to give him 15m?
Ribadu is nothing but a common thief who has ran out of ideas on how to clear his name.

What an outrageous opinion.
So Ribadu who has gone to the US parliament to canvas for a law that helps to prevent ruler's from looting their people ran out of ideas to clear his name. I hope the above poster (Zomby) is not as stupid as his name suggest.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by wallex73(m): 7:13am On May 24, 2009
It is all a smoke screen trust me,do you think the western world dont know how to stop this corruption in naija if they really wanted to,let me tell you a secret,the corruption among leaders in nigeria favors them the western world,ribadu himself knows this and even said so during his days in power at EFCC,right now he is just fooling himself [/b]

I aggree with you jare,
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by wallex73(m): 7:15am On May 24, 2009
it is all a smoke screen trust me,do you think the western world dont know how to stop this corruption in naija if they really wanted to,let me tell you a secret,the corruption among leaders in nigeria favors them the western world,ribadu himself knows this and even said so during his days in power

Ribadu is only fooling himself. He is not in anyway better than these useless people in government.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by randombee: 8:00am On May 24, 2009
Those people saying that Ribadu is a thief have either not been to the EFCC since he left or they have not followed events at the Commission very closely. If Ribadu is a thief, what is Waziri, an ARMED ROBBER?

One thing is sure, the work Ribadu tried to do at EFCC has been lost.

If you know anything about law, then you should know that the livewire of the law is fear created in people's mind to deter them from criminal acts. If you take that away, the law becomes nothing but the empty noise of a talking drum.

That is the problem with Nigeria, we have laws but nobody bothers to enforce then. Here comes Ribadu, who tried to enforce the law (admitted he made one or two mistakes but he did a good job of creating that fear factor) and some people, themselves fraudsters and scammers, say the man is a thief because he has lost favour with a visionless government.

I weep for Nigeria. cry cry cry

If care is not take the next generation of leaders would be worst than the present, judging from some of the comments here.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by Builder: 8:37am On May 24, 2009
Randombee, i second that. Im just gobsmacked at the level of annoyance and baseless allegations towards Ribadu, this is a fearless man who exposed fraudsters in power yet instead of nigerians standing behind the poor fellow they oust him out power, humiliate him and labeling him all sorts of names. Littlewonder, corruption in nigeria is at an all time high, embezzzlement and mismanagement of public fund is the job description of most or all of our leaders position.
I really fear for the future that once great country, no wonder the likes of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and other meaning nigerians in diapora are put-off trying the make that shit-hole a meaningfull place.
Imagine nigeria once the giant and food basket of africa, now relegated and compared to the likes of failed states like somalia and the rest. If Ethopia can be invited to the G20 meeeting in London, and Obama refering to Ghana has " One of America’s best friends in sub-Saharan Africa and a small outpost of stability, democracy and civil society in an often-volatile part of the world" i guess that says alot about the definition of nigeria.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by Nobody: 9:47am On May 24, 2009
why is that american guy saying halliburton is not at fault if Nigeria says, "to do business, you have to pay me"
is it nigeria or Nigeria's corrupt faction?

they wont tolerate bribery on their own soil but they dont see anything wrong because here they stand to gain.
he said that shit and others seems to be Okay with his selfish ideas
i dont know why Ribadu is wasting his time with these hypocrites

rockhaven:

ribadu  fraudulently gave some politicians softlanding while he  personally  chased the others.ask yourself what type of  person is ribadu himself.how much did he   have be4 his effcc tenire and how much does he have now ,let him tell us.

you dont act on insinuations, you act on evidences. Why cant you or any of your likes tender a concrete evidence to nail those you talked about.
and how myopic of you to assume that, If i have been corrupt in the past, dont you think i wud av cleaned up any traces before starting an anticoruption war?
when judging issues like this, you make good use of ur brain, u think!!

Ribadu kept saying, provide evidences to nail these ppl, and nobody did.

about how much he has now, you expect him to be poor right?
your mentality says ppl in power must be poor. why not let us know how much he has since u are aware of the figures
did you watch that video at all? 15million USD is enuf to tempt him, yet he did not take it. He even used it as evidence in court.

What kind of human being are you rockhaven? ehn?
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by otokx(m): 11:51am On May 24, 2009
This guy's hand is not clean so he should stop making noise.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by chidichris(m): 12:18pm On May 24, 2009
Naijaking1,
who did ibori pay for yar adua? maybe to obj because we all know that yar adua was selected and annointed by just one man - saint obj.
let us always look at what we write. we are all nigerians. if ibori was the highest criminal, why did ribadu not mess him up like he did to alams?
there was a man who says who efcc catches and his name is obj. there was an investigation by ribadu which indicted bode george in the npa but for the sake of baba, ribadu had to drop that case till he left office. we all heard of andy uba's money laundary in the usa but ribadu told nigerians that was a civil case.
ribadu like el rufai sucks. he shld keep quiet and enjoy his loots.
everybody is celebrating him no until the day cnn we air the other side of the stories and nigerians will start calling cnn names.
to me, ibori is just a state criminal while ribadu is an international criminal.
why did ribadu probe only abacha among other past heads of states? where are those funds ribadu recovered during his days in efcc? how did those funds improve the lives of nigerians?
people like okonjo iweala could not exist in that regime becuase she was out to know where funds come from and where they go to hence a legend in the finance sector was moved to information ministry. that is called changing a winning team.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by loyeruope: 4:57pm On May 24, 2009
This is a classic case of our dirty linen being washed in public. But, hey, if it will make our linen cleaner, I frankly don't mind. To the specifics of this hearing: I think Ribadu didn't come prepared enough. There are some questions he could have answered better and there are some he avoided completely. Reading "The Bottom Billion" by Paul Collier for instance could have helped him make the case of what the West can do to make sure aids reach the people who need it. But overall it was a good thing the US is listening to him and not to the impostors in Aso Rock!! Shame on Yar'Adua!
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by strangleyo: 5:17pm On May 24, 2009
Poor guy I do feel for him.

But he's crying like a bitch. The US senators are just looking to cut aid to Africa, its about time too. Aid is nothing but free money to prop up failed regimes.
Re: Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session by wanville(m): 5:29pm On May 24, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Spends N24tr Yearly On Food Importation / EFCC Fails To Re-arraign Ex-Governor Sylva / ...........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.