Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Nigerians Have Turned GOD To A Politician By Force! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Have Turned GOD To A Politician By Force! (704 Views)

SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) / Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) / Ita Awak: The Lamentation Of A Cursed Politician :by Friday Willie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Have Turned GOD To A Politician By Force! by samstradam: 8:28pm On Nov 22, 2015
As we debate whether Audu is dead or alive it has me thinking seriously about how long we expect God to keep sorting out our mess in this country?

On a serious note I am scratching my head trying to think of another country on this green earth in the last 20 years where the Almighty has had to intervene severally and so directly on the political stage. Look at these 2 major things:

1. He ended Miltary rule, not Nigerians: Abacha's death, he being succeeded by the most unambitous man to ever rule Nigeria (not forgetting that Abdusalami retirement was supposed to have been announced the next week) and then ending the fear of the oligarchy with the death of Abiola.

2. The story of our minority President: Though this is a man I am so glad to see the back of, his story remains the most important story under our democracy because it finally made Nigerians believe this country belongs to all of us; and even if some section of the country feel this country is theirs alone, the Almighty intervened directly to clearly show us all HE does not and will never agree to that. GEJ's rise was divine and his fall was even more spectacular and biblical ( so reminiscent of kings in the book of Kings who would openely lose their way and mock God after he had put them on the throne).

When I think of what we as people have achieved ourselves ( ending OBJ's 3rd term bid etc.), they don't really come close.

Well going back to Audu, did we really need God to tell us a man that publically agrees he will give back the money he stole if elected; is not Govenorship material? Do we need him to tell us 20 years of Igala rule is not fair? I guess we are still waiting for God to sort out our useless Supreme Court, Sylva, Boko Haram,Fayose and so on..... Well I just feel for the people of Libya, Iraq and Syria who would love some divine interest.

Happy Sunday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Have Turned GOD To A Politician By Force! by simonlee(m): 8:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
Abeg e!! Let's confirm his death first. Haba!
Re: Nigerians Have Turned GOD To A Politician By Force! by AndroBlaze: 10:28am On Nov 23, 2015
simonlee:
Abeg e!! Let's confirm his death first. Haba!

I guess it's confirmed now.

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Picture! / Lagos Approves Flyover Bridge For Ajah, Abule Egba / Peterside Hails Judgement, PDP Grumbles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.