Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,262 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. (1337 Views)

Amaechi Vs Wike: Caption These Photos With Osinbajo / Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi / Olufemi Olu-kayode Confirms Audu's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by 6pax: 7:19am On Nov 23, 2015
the supreme court rules in favour of Amaechi in the case of Amaechi Vs Umehia. the supreme court stated that it is party that win or lose election and not individual.

for the fact that their is lacuna in the constitution as regard to the current senero that has played out in Kogi guber their is no gain saying that the electoral umpire should invoke the above supreme court ruling as a binding precedent to resolve the seemingly ambiguity.

my thoughts...
Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by efilefun(m): 7:25am On Nov 23, 2015
But the election was declared inconclusive so a rerun is mandatory

1 Like

Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by anigbajumo(m): 7:33am On Nov 23, 2015
efilefun:
But the election was declared inconclusive so a rerun is mandatory

U got it wrong sir,election was held on Saturday and their will be only re run in Dakina LG.Don't forget people to vote for party on ballot papers nt individual. So simple!!!
Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by efilefun(m): 7:44am On Nov 23, 2015
Well didnt go thru the news about inec's announcement. But if its just a local government then APC should still be cruising home with victory. I doubt a fresh Election will take place. The party will produce another candidate, maybe the person who came second during the primaries but i doubt his deputy would be allowed.
anigbajumo:

U got it wrong sir,election was held on Saturday and their will be only re run in Dakina LG.Don't forget people to vote for party on ballot papers nt individual. So simple!!!
Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by anigbajumo(m): 7:48am On Nov 23, 2015
efilefun:
Well didnt go thru the news about inec's announcement. But if its just a local government then APC should still be cruising home with victory. I doubt a fresh Election will take place. The party will produce another candidate, maybe the person who came second during the primaries but i doubt his deputy would be allowed.
let wait and see
Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by PRYCE(m): 7:50am On Nov 23, 2015
But t wasn't a party that won in Taraba Shey?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by mazeltov(m): 7:53am On Nov 23, 2015
anigbajumo:

the election is not over yet. Audu is not the winner neither is it Wada.
Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by Rawani: 7:55am On Nov 23, 2015
PRYCE:
But t wasn't a party that won in Taraba Shey?

In Taraba, the PDP technically didn't have a candidate to begin with. The primaries were completely invalid.

1 Like

Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by anigbajumo(m): 7:56am On Nov 23, 2015
mazeltov:
the election is not over yet. Audu is not the winner neither is it Wada.
but election was held and is only decleard inconclusive due to some reason.
Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by mazeltov(m): 8:02am On Nov 23, 2015
anigbajumo:
but election was held and is only decleard inconclusive due to some reason.
no!! The election was held means that the election has been completely conducted and winner has been declared!! -
The election is still going on..... Which means the race is still very much open.
Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:35am On Nov 23, 2015
Rawani:

In Taraba, the PDP technically didn't have a candidate to begin with. The primaries were completely invalid.
Hypocrites,what happened to d PDP candidate?
Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by anigbajumo(m): 10:58am On Nov 23, 2015
mazeltov:
no!! The election was held means that the election has been completely conducted and winner has been declared!! -
The election is still going on..... Which means the race is still very much open.
Am watching the same issue Live on AIt,Lawyer says "As far Audu is not duly elected his deputy cannot take over therefore inec should call for re run election".

If the election is to be re run,and proper consideration is taken,the election will hold after Jan 26 and wada's tenure would have been over by then. He then speculate the speaker to rule the state till election date.

Will APC allow this ?
Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by mazeltov(m): 11:09am On Nov 23, 2015
anigbajumo:
Am watching the same issue Live on AIt,Lawyer says "As far Audu is not duly elected his deputy cannot take over therefore inec should call for re run election".

If the election is to be re run,and proper consideration is taken,the election will hold after Jan 26 and wada's tenure would have been over by then. He then speculate the speaker to rule the state till election date.

Will APC allow this ?
Yes. The reason why Audu has not been declared winner is becasue the election was inconclusive and that doesn't mean that a new fresh election would be conducted through out the whole local govt.
It's technically and legally complicated.
Does the electoral law say ''the death of a candidate during an election would invalidate the whole election and all the votes casted''? I fink the running mate or the deputy of the main candidate should be a party and beneficiary of the votes casted. I just think tho'
Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by anigbajumo(m): 11:13am On Nov 23, 2015
mazeltov:
Yes. The reason why Audu has not been declared winner is becasue the election was inconclusive and that doesn't mean that a new fresh election would be conducted through out the whole local govt.
It's technically and legally complicated.
Does the electoral law say ''the death of a candidate during an election would invalidate the whole election and all the votes casted''? I fink the running mate or the deputy of the main candidate should be a party and beneficiary of the votes casted. I just think tho'
hmmm,bt their Is key words there before his deputy can step in "Duly elected".......
Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by mazeltov(m): 11:15am On Nov 23, 2015
anigbajumo:
hmmm,bt their Is key words there before his deputy can step in "Duly elected".......
Yes you are right. ''Duly elected'' is effective until inec do re run
Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by anigbajumo(m): 11:26am On Nov 23, 2015
mazeltov:
Yes you are right. ''Duly elected'' is effective until inec do re run
but the APC candidate is not valid and is against the electoral act if the re run has to be considered.
Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by mazeltov(m): 11:41am On Nov 23, 2015
anigbajumo:
but the APC candidate is not valid and is against the electoral act if the re run has to be considered.
well, that is beyond my knowledge
Re: Audu's Death: Its Party That Wins Election. Amaechi Vs Umehia's Case. by anigbajumo(m): 11:49am On Nov 23, 2015
mazeltov:
well, that is beyond my knowledge
same here,the issue is highly complicated. If it happened in PDP camp,they will never call for the re run election. Both party twist the law where it will favor them.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Essien Ayi Slept Throughout The 2016 Budget Presentation!!! / Caption Tthis Picture Of President Buhari. / I Will Not Vote Again If Jega/inec Is Not Prosecuted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.