Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,447 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Tonyebarcanista! Kwara Is Majorly Yoruba-land,rivers Is... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tonyebarcanista! Kwara Is Majorly Yoruba-land,rivers Is... (826 Views)

Rivers Is Not Edo, Oraye Tells Amaechi / Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is / Kwara Is Broke – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tonyebarcanista! Kwara Is Majorly Yoruba-land,rivers Is... by joeprince23(m): 3:18pm On Nov 23, 2015
I created this thread to educate barcanista and other NL members out to cause mischeif.... . . I read with disdain many threads on nairaland written by
mischeif makers or people who are out to cause
trouble,most of these authors are
foolish,silly,naïve,untravelled. To put things in perspective:
what we have in nigeria as 6 geo-political zones are actually
“6-political” zones. They are political boundaries,and are
never geographical. What do I mean? Well cross river state
(SS) is actually located south east of nigeria(east/west road
and eastern naval command,among others are all in cross-
river). Edo state(SS) is actually south west of nigeria
(geographically). When Nigerian government created the
present “6 geo-political zones” they had the intention of
creating 6-ethnic rejoins, but their intention was virtually
IMPOSSIBLE! Because of economic,political,demographic
bias. if you actually try creating states based on ethnic
groups, we will have have states that are geographically
impractical and non-governable and navigable. WHY do I say
igbos are present in rivers and yoruba present in kwara? :
my LG of origin(oyigbo) speak,hear and have core igbo
customs. All neighbouring LGA to ours speak different
dialect that I understand perfectly,including obio/akpor part
of portharcourt metropolis(ikwerre land,we share boundry
at Iriebe) etche LGA(we share boundry at umunia after the
river) and parts of abia state(ukwa LG). Infact in all upland
rivers state it is only the ogoni LGA's(khana,gokana,tai) that I
see as a truely different ethnic nationality(and ofcourse I can
not understand their dialect). I am not from kwara state but
my brother graduated from UNIlORIN,lives there and learnt
perfect yoruba dialect in kwara. . . . GOD BLESS rivers - state,
GOD bless nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Tonyebarcanista! Kwara Is Majorly Yoruba-land,rivers Is... by PRYCE(m): 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2015
So we should take you seriously because
Re: Tonyebarcanista! Kwara Is Majorly Yoruba-land,rivers Is... by Kyase(m): 3:56pm On Nov 23, 2015
PRYCE:
So we should take you seriously because
Help me ask am. Though i no like you because you be pdp

1 Like

Re: Tonyebarcanista! Kwara Is Majorly Yoruba-land,rivers Is... by rudebouy: 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
OP, Jeoprice23. So u undastand kalabari, epeye, etc dialects ba?
Tonyebarcanista, abeg come knack dis guy apaco. E no know say e no know.
Re: Tonyebarcanista! Kwara Is Majorly Yoruba-land,rivers Is... by IlekeHD: 4:04pm On Nov 23, 2015
How come every time there's an Igbo vs Ijaws or Igbos vs Fulanis-Hausa [their masters], you guys must drag Yorubas into your equation.

Dem craze all of una?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonyebarcanista! Kwara Is Majorly Yoruba-land,rivers Is... by kernel501: 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2015
The Ilorin Emirate is a traditional statebased on the city of Ilorinin Kwara State, Nigeria. It is considered to be one of the Banza Bakwai, or copy-cats of the Hausa Kingdoms.
At the start of the 19th century Ilorin was a border town in the northeast of the Oyo Empire, with a mainly Yorubapopulation but with many Hausa and Fulani immigrants. It was the headquarters of an Oyo General, Afonja, who rebelled against the empire and helped bring about its collapse with the assistance of the Fulani. [ 1 ]The rebellion was powered by Nupeand BornuMoslem slaves. [ 2 ]Afonja had been assisted by Salih Janta, also called Shehu Alimi, a leader of the local Fulani. In 1824 Afonja was assassinated and Alimi's son Abdusalami became Emir. [ 3 ]Ilorin became an emirate of the Sokoto Caliphate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilorin_Emirate

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Needs To Stay Together As One / Most Biafran Agitators Did Not See Civil War –ezeemo / Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.