Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? (48642 Views)

Why Muslims Should Visit Cemeteries Regularly - Salihu Ajetunmobi / More Than 130 British Imams Refuse To Bury London Attackers / Why Muslims Should Never Have To Apologize For Terrorism - By Omar Alnatour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by Zulele: 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
DikSin:
That's how they kiled some people by hurry_hurry kinda burial.

Thank God Skiibii no be abokii undecided
Even Jesus was buried the same day he died according to the teaching of the Christianity

1 Like

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by lilAZeeZ(m): 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
jazakallahul hayr

1 Like

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by abbey086(m): 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
Aminat508:

Please respect yourself!!!!

I don't argue with people when it comes to religion and I av never for once speak bad about Christianity and I don't expect anyone to speak bad about my religion.

Most time I just ignore fools who speak bad about Islam. if terrorist are Muslim, does it mean all Muslims are terrorist?

I don't even have time for religion dragging, I serve my own God (Allah)my own way and obey HIS commandment's.

All I want is to make heaven so I don't gv a damn about anyone who condemn my belief.
May Almighty Allah increases your knowledge and accepts all your acts of Ibadah. I cherish your response to that fool, they look for every available means to insult and tarnish the image of Islam. If not the Ultimate protection from Allah, Islam would have been dead and burried by now based on their activities. they plan and Allah also plan, but Allah is the best planner.
once again, Jazakum llahu khairan.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by ISLAM4theWISE: 3:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
If u see embalmed cops afta days,, very black, u can even identify it..... with stinky.....
Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by andy48: 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
With due respect, My question to this writer, poster and all muslims here is this: you guys do not give room for autopsy? what if the person was poisoned or killed you still go ahead to bury him instantly without giving time for autopsy to be conducted? na wao.

I was shocked to know that no autopsy was carried out on Prince Audu! it doesn't matter if he has a known illness or not, people could have taken advantage of his situation to kill him or kill other muslims knowing fully well there will not be any autopsy.

just like Christians, You guys should have a rethink and modify some aspect of your religion as time goes, to meet up with present day reality.
Or better still, some of you need to be de-radicalized wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by andy48: 4:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
what about autopsy i repeat??
Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by ademoladeji(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
Naff24:

Wa iyyakum

Which cloth was he buried with?

Fro the first picture I saw, it was Ankara kind of while Janazah was in progress. I dunno if twas same that was used to bury him.
Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by ademoladeji(m): 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
andy48:
With due respect, My question to this writer, poster and all muslims here is this: you guys do not give room for autopsy? what if the person was poisoned or killed you still go ahead to bury him instantly without giving time for autopsy to be conducted? na wao.

I was shocked to know that no autopsy was carried out on Prince Audu! it doesn't matter if he has a known illness or not, people could have taken advantage of his situation to kill him or kill other muslims knowing fully well there will not be any autopsy.

just like Christians, You guys should have a rethink and modify some aspect of your religion as time goes, to meet up with present day reality.

Please read below:

The issue of autopsies – examining the body to determine the cause of death – is a modern issue. Therefore, the topic is not addressed by the traditional legal books of the four schools of Islamic Law. Nevertheless, many contemporary fatwâ councils and Islamic Law conferences have issued rulings that autopsies for medical and scientific purposes are permitted.

For instance, decrees to this effect were issued by the Fatwâ Councils of both Saudi Arabia and Jordan.

These rulings were given even though autopsies entail cutting open the body as part of a thorough examination.

The reason why scholars deem autopsies permissible is because examining the dead body to know the cause of death is carried out for reasons that outweigh the consideration of showing respect for the body of the deceased, especially since those considerations are of a forensic or medical nature.

We must appreciate the fact that autopsies can uncover cases of murder and lead to the apprehension of the murderer. They can also identify diseases and harmful environmental factors. In all of these cases, autopsies can help to save human life.

Islamic Law – the Law that Allah has provided for us – clearly looks toward safeguarding and promoting human welfare. Safeguarding life is one of the five objectives that Islamic Law exists to realize. Therefore, any interpretation of Islamic Law that needlessly works against human welfare – especially if based on mere abstract reasoning – should be evaluated very carefully.

The Hanbalî jurist Ibn al-Qayyim says the following in I`lâm al-Muwaqqi`în (3/11):
The injunctions of Islamic Law are all based upon considerations of human well-being in this world and in the Hereafter and they are always just, merciful, and wise. Any injunction that is oppressive instead of just, or that departs from the meaning of mercy, or that runs contrary to the general welfare, or that is nearer to foolishness than to wisdom is an injunction that has nothing to do with Islamic Law, even if some interpretations would present it as part thereof. Islamic Law is Allah’s justice for His servants. It is His mercy to His creatures. It is the comforting shade that He affords to the Earth. It is His wisdom which is a testament to His existence and to the truthfulness of His Messenger (peace be upon him).

And Allah knows best.

Also, in some of the literature I've read, autopsy is allowed/permissible in Islam buh under 3 circumstances viz:

1 – Dissection or autopsy in the case of a criminal investigation

2 – Dissection in the case of an investigation into an infectious disease, so that precautions may be taken in the light of this investigation to protect others from the disease

3 – Dissection for scientific purposes, for learning and teaching....

May Allah SWT guide us aright.

2 Likes

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by takleboy(m): 4:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
DikSin:

Boda ayo, islam is bad for you! Islam is terror. Moslems are trrorist. Terrorists are Boko Are Ram, Isis, et al. Quit Now!

Have u even asked yourself why you have to say this? Let everybody here stops practicing islam will that makes islam die? Islam is everywhere even though its not what ye like. Let all Mankind stop being muslims other creatures of Allah will never stopped worshiping him

Behold, the only common thing betw muslims africa and muslims arab is Islam, no one is greater than the other except in piety, no one dictates what the other does. Get that in yr skull ok!
Some of you are even mediocres in knowledge and the knowledgable ones among you has little or no wisdom.
Do your religion and let Ayo does his, i rise couuuurrrrttttt!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by Tczar(m): 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
Jazakullah khaeran OP.

2 Likes

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by quickly: 5:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
andy48:

If they have chance man go use leg waka from lagos to kaduna or look for nearest donkey so that they can follow excalty their oga......
Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by ISLAM4theWISE: 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
With autopsy, can u also kill pple bhind, or bring him to life?
andy48:

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by Adek15(m): 5:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
efilefun:

The Prophet (S.A.W) , passed away on Monday in the month of Rabee’ Al-Awwal, at forenoon. The Companions may Allaah be pleased with them prepared his funeral on Tuesday and placed him on the bed in his room; thereafter, people went in groups to perform funeral prayer upon him. The Prophet (S.A.W) , was buried that NIGHT, i.e. before the morning of Wednesday. The details are mentioned in the books of Hadeeth (narrations) and Seerah (the biographies of the Prophet ).

The delay of his burial was for many reasons. Some of them are: no one led the funeral prayer, so people entered in his room in small groups to perform the funeral prayer. They had different opinions before reaching a point of consensus concerning many matters, for instance the manner in which the Prophet , should be washed, the place he should be buried in and the leadership of the Ummah (Muslim nation) after his death, etc.

The death of the Prophet (S.A.W) , was a catastrophic event for the Muslims; they did not immediately recover their senses. The Prophet (S.A.W) , was the most beloved person to them, and this made it nearly impossible for them to bury him. Faatimah may Allaah be pleased with her said to Anas may Allaah be pleased with him “Were you able to put soil on the body of the Prophet , and bear that?”

Allaah Knows best.
night, I read Muslims shouldn't be buried @ 9t
Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by Naff24(f): 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
ademoladeji:

Fro the first picture I saw, it was Ankara kind of while Janazah was in progress. I dunno if twas same that was used to bury him.
OK...i guess he was just covered with dat cloth cz he was buried with white cloth

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by Naff24(f): 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
andy48:

Pls what's gonna be ur next line of action after getting the autopsy result
Is there any antidote to revives d deceased if at all he/she was poisoned
Tor... If there is no means to revives d deceased by any means, why don't you allow him/her to rest in peace
For inalillah wa hina ilaehi rojihun smiley
Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by usermane(m): 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
Aminat508, it is too bad you keep copying and pasting articles without thoroughly researching them. I am not amazed that 70 Muslims already liked your post, if we had a real Muslim community where Muslims appreciate facts over dogmas, you would have second thought before posting an article filled with dogmas that aren't backed by the Scriptures.

The loopholes in your article have been exposed by earlier posters already, those who stand by empirical and rational understanding of Islam would rethink. Muhammad died on Monday and was not even buried till Tuesday night, this is what your own sacred Biographers of the Prophet and Qur'an exegetes explain. Fatimah, Muhammad 's own daughter was buried at night. Uthman bin Affan was not buried till after 3 days.
Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by quickly: 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2015
Naff24:

Pls what's gonna be ur next line of action after getting the autopsy result
Is there any antidote to revives d deceased if at all he/she was poisoned
Tor... If there is no means to revives d deceased by any means, why don't you allow him/her to rest in peace
For inalillah wa hina ilaehi rojihun smiley

His death could have been political motivated, only a fool would not accept that

Esp in nigeria where ppl r desperate for power
Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by ademoladeji(m): 6:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
Naff24:

OK...i guess he was just covered with dat cloth cz he was buried with white cloth

Ok. Thank you gan
Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by ademoladeji(m): 6:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
usermane:
Aminat508, it is too bad you keep copying and pasting articles without thoroughly researching them. I am not amazed that 70 Muslims already liked your post, if we had a real Muslim community where Muslims appreciate facts over dogmas, you would have second thought before posting an article filled with dogmas that aren't backed by the Scriptures.

The loopholes in your article have been exposed by earlier posters already, those who stand by empirical and rational understanding of Islam would rethink. Muhammad died on Monday and was not even buried till Tuesday night, this is what your own sacred Biographers of the Prophet and Qur'an exegetes explain. Fatimah, Muhammad 's own daughter was buried at night. Uthman bin Affan was not buried till after 3 days.

What are your points?

I found this thread interesting with all its comments

5 Likes

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by DikSin(m): 6:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
takleboy:

Have u even asked yourself why you have to say this? Let everybody here stops practicing islam will that makes islam die? Islam is everywhere even though its not what ye like. Let all Mankind stop being muslims other creatures of Allah will never stopped worshiping him

Behold, the only common thing betw muslims africa and muslims arab is Islam, no one is greater than the other except in piety, no one dictates what the other does. Get that in yr skull ok!
Some of you are even mediocres in knowledge and the knowledgable ones among you has little or no wisdom.
Do your religion and let Ayo does his, i rise couuuurrrrttttt!!!!!!

Let all mankind stop practicing hisLam and the world will know peace once again, just like it was before the birth of #ishmaHeeL

Btw, you need more of sufism, mista moslem.
Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by DikSin(m): 7:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
Zulele:

Even Jesus was buried the same day he died according to the teaching of the Christianity

And mohamed (S.A.W. Blade) died on monday but was buried on Wednesday according to the teachings of World Health Organization? undecided
Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by Naff24(f): 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2015
ademoladeji:

Ok. Thank you gan
Your welcome gan grin
Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by Aminat508(f): 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
usermane:

with due respect sir what is your problem with my articles and the likes?? why don't you create your own thread if mine is not with a solid evidence and back up. Mtcheewwww MR KNW ALL

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by sexxydiva(f): 7:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
usermane:

I hv to accept this Islam oath because I want to comments I have bn following this thread from the beginning. I only comment because of you

May I ask you this question

@usermane what is your contributions to this thread instead you only Criticize the OP?

I am a Christian and I knw almost all what the OP said above

I don't believe you Muslims behave like this to one another.

If you want to correct the OP why can't you just send her a mail

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
sexxydiva:
I hv to accept this Islam oath because I want to comments I have bn following this thread from the beginning. I only comment because of you

May I ask you this question

@usermane what is your contributions to this thread instead you only Criticize the OP?

I am a Christian and I knw almost all what the OP said above

I don't believe you Muslims behave like this to one another.

If you want to correct the OP why can't you just send her a mail

Don't mind him.....its all about karini..... I want to bseen

3 Likes

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by DMainMan: 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
Nice one Aminat508

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by DMainMan: 9:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
Nice one Aminat508. May ALLAH bless you for this info however follow skyface00 advice.

Take care

1 Like

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by quickly: 10:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
Just a further proof of bigotry in islam where muslim are gathered.

In nairaland u have to declare oath to make a comment in islam.section.

Why is there not oath for other religions

Why are Islamist bigoted?
Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by qasmah(f): 12:23am On Nov 25, 2015
DikSin:
That's how they kiled some people by hurry_hurry kinda burial.

Thank God Skiibii no be abokii undecided
Some years ago,a neighbour of mine died n was kept in the mortuary for long.When the family felt it was time dy buried him,they collected the corpse from the mortuary for the lying-in-state n Xtian wake-keep,when d corpse was brought home,the man's youngest son,a 12yr old boy called the attention of the older children to the fact that the body brought home was not their father's...no one took him serious,the wake-keep lasted the entire night.Alas!the next morning,after dressing up the corpse as the family was about to set out for internment service in the church,another family arrived with a corpse,saying their father's corpse had been mistaken for my neighbour's .Both families had to exchange corpses,shrouds and caskets in confusion.
There's nothing like hurry kinda_kinda burial as u'd like to call burial in Islam.Allah the exalted is the giver and taker of life.None can stop Him from doing His will,none can add a second or take away a second from any man's life span.When a person dies,his/her soul leaves his body and wanders about ,only to rejoin its body ,when it has been buried ,therefore d greatest favour you can do the dead is bury it on time and allow its soul to join it n begin its journey into the hereafter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by qasmah(f): 12:30am On Nov 25, 2015
quickly:
Just a further proof of bigotry in islam where muslim are gathered.

In nairaland u have to declare oath to make a comment in islam.section.

Why is there not oath for other religions

Why are Islamist bigoted?
this is not a case of bigotry there are too many pple out there who find faults with anything Islam,it's just a simple way of keeping the niche free of perversion.Sorry bro .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by YakubuA: 12:53am On Nov 25, 2015
HAH:
When Prophet mohammed pbuh died he was not buried until a successor khalifa was chosen among his disciple, the process of choosing his successor last one week

@aminat508 what do you say about the above

The messenger of Allah pbuh was buried 2 days after he passed away. It took the Sahaba 2 days not 1 week to select the Khalifah and after that the messenger of Allah was buried. Under normal circumstance the maximum number of days burial can be delayed is 3 days as established by the consensus of the companions (Ijma'asSahab).

May Allah continue to guide us. Ameen.

2 Likes

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by quickly: 2:15am On Nov 25, 2015
qasmah:
this is not a case of bigotry there are too many pple out there who find faults with anything Islam,it's just a simple way of keeping the niche free of perversion.Sorry bro .

Is it the only religion ppl find faults in? This is similar to boko haram style

Same thing they do 2 women.

That's y in islam women r like cattle or chicken.

Action speaks louder than words . By there works u shall know them.

Islamist r very similar to nazis

But they love to scream of discrimination like women

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Kill Imam In Bangi Niger State For Refusing To Break His Fast With Water / Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected / Sururat Bello Is Dead (Daughter Of Sheik Muhydeen Ajani Bello)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.