Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service (28575 Views)

Military to launch Operation Ex-Crocodile Smile In Niger Delta / Pic; BBC To Launch Pigin English And Yoruba Services In Nigeria / Video: Oyibo Who Speaks Pidgin And Knows Nigeria More Than Some Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 10:45pm On Nov 23, 2015
IlekeHD:

Yoruba is a lingua franca of more than 3 west african countries.

Yoruba is one of Africa's most widespread languages.

So stop yarning dust.

Africans and slavery. I'd rather preservation of my language than English.

What countries? Please don't say Benin or Togo.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by MegaMan1987: 10:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
Most igbos I know speak Yoruba and Hausa better than Igbo

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 10:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
Obiagu1:
No, they are not!

Yes they are.

Do you know several european countries now have Yorubas in their curriculum? Yoruba language classes. And more than 47 USA universities teaches Yoruba. cheesy

So once again, why should BBCAfrica ignore Yoruba?

More than 47 USA universities.

3 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 10:48pm On Nov 23, 2015
superstar1:

Beninoise have richer and well documented history than the the Equinox or Equitorian Guineans. The Dahoey Kingdom comes to minf and rsonate all over the world.

What is EG known for?

No one cares fancy history from about 100 years ago. About 100 years ago France was overshadowing Germany. I'm not going to explain to you why Equatorial Guinea is more strategic today than Benin, it's pointless.

MegaMan1987:

Because a non-Igbo speaker would know how much an Igbo speaker can speak Igbo because? Clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ArodeTsolaye: 10:48pm On Nov 23, 2015
IlekeHD:

We don't understand igbhoe in Yorubaland either.

But the world is trying to understand and spread the Yoruba language grin grin

Igbo is spoken in Eq. Guinea and recognized in their constitution as an official language. We didn't have to sell the highest number of slaves like the yorrobers did to achieve that in Eq. guinea. Ina nu m?

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 10:48pm On Nov 23, 2015
ezeagu:

What countries? Please don't say Benin or Togo.

Benin, Togo, Ghana, IVC, and Sierra Lione have Yoruba groups that speak Yorubas.....so yes son, I will say it. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Igbo is spoken in Eq. Guinea and recognized in their constitution as an official language. We didn't have to sell the highest number of slaves like the yorrobers did to achieve that in Eq. guinea. Ina nu m?

LMAOOOOO grin grin grin grin grin the Igbo language is dead in Eq Guinea as its dying in Nigeria grin

3 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Kastonkastroll(m): 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

yorubas are inferior and they know it. Explains why Igbo is the S.I unit to measure relative superiority for them. lol
Amadi Collins the akpu eating coward from alaigbo. May lightening strike you there. lol, A illiterate ibo boy is claiming superiority. hahahaha, you must high on kanu's poo.

E-diot. grin

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Obiagu1(m): 10:50pm On Nov 23, 2015
IlekeHD:

Yes they are.

Do you know several european countries now have Yorubas in their curriculum? Yoruba language classes. And more than 47 USA universities teaches Yoruba. cheesy

So once again, why should BBCAfrica ignore Yoruba?

More than 47 USA universities.

Girl stop!
Simple google or wiki can help you.
Stop spinning what's obvious.

Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba are not and never have been official languages in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by jstbeinhonest(m): 10:50pm On Nov 23, 2015
Obiagu1:

No, they are not!

Dont get emotional bro,yorubas are regarded as the biggest ethnic group in africa with over 30m people.Use google.

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 23, 2015
Look 'am always happy when African languages are recognized on the international stage. But on the other hand, you and so many Yorubas on here are behaving rather childishly by ridiculing the Igbo Language, just because you feel your language has been recognized. How about the Hausa service that has been there for ages? Igbo may not have been added now but you and I know that it will definitely be added at some point 'cus we are a major African group too.
And by the way, Igbo language is not dying it is very much alive. I don't know why y'all derive joy in peddling lies about anything Igbo.

IlekeHD:

Good girl grin grin grin

Don't worry, your brothers are just yarning dust for now. They know what this means, so they'd rather talk trash here and beg on BBCAfrica tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 10:50pm On Nov 23, 2015
IlekeHD:

Benin, Togo, Ghana, IVC, and Sierra Lione have Yoruba groups that speak Yorubas.....so yes son, I will say it. cheesy

Yoruba is a lingua franca of Ghana?!!! Don't make Ghanaians come and hear that one oh! LOL.

Yoruba is a lingua franca of Ghana how Igbo is a lingua franca of South Africa.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Obiagu1(m): 10:51pm On Nov 23, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Dont get emotional bro,yorubas are regarded as the biggest ethnic group in africa with over 30m people.Use google.

Face the fact.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
Obiagu1:

Girl stop!

Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba are not and never have been official languages in Nigeria.

Which are the lies? grin grin grin
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Obiagu1(m): 10:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
nwanlecha:
Look 'am always happy when African languages are recognized on the international stage. But on the other hand, you and so many Yorubas on here are behaving rather childish by ridiculing the Igbo Language just because you feel your language has been recognized. How about the Hausa service that has been there for ages. Igbo may not have been added now but you and I know that it will definitely be added at some point 'cus we are a major African group too.
And by the way, Igbo language is not dying it is very much alive. I don't know why y'all derive joy in peddling lies about anything Igbo.

Igbo can only be added when we become as illiterate as the Hausa and Yoruba.

or if we get Biafra and Igbo becomes an official language.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 10:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
ezeagu:

Yoruba is a lingua franca of Ghana?!!! Don't make Ghanaians come and hear that one oh! LOL.

Yoruba is a lingua franca of Ghana how Igbo is a lingua franca of South Africa.

Yoruba is a language SPOKEN in Ghana....

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2015
Obiagu1:

Igbos can only be added once the language stops dying grin

Extinct languages in Nigeria : Igbo tongue
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Idrismusty97(m): 10:56pm On Nov 23, 2015
Obiagu1:

Lol www.nairaland.com/attachments/3109458_screenshot20151123223145_jpegb85597cc7d02dcd5707c50ad34fa88b6
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Obiagu1(m): 10:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
IlekeHD:

Igbos can only be added once the language stops dying grin

Extinct languages in Nigeria : Igbo tongue

LMAO!

You know I got you there.

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
Obiagu1:

LMAO!
You know I got you there.

Got me where?

Ngga, your people are currently on BBCAfrica begging for BBCIgbo..... they must be illiterates too cheesy
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ArodeTsolaye: 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
Amadi Collins the akpu eating coward from alaigbo. May lightening strike you there. lol, A illiterate ibo boy is claiming superiority. hahahaha, you must high on kanu's poo.

E-diot. grin

yorumonkey and another crap...
take banana...grin

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
IlekeHD:

Yoruba is a language SPOKEN in Ghana....

Oh, come on, Igbo is spoken in more African countries in larger numbers than all Nigerian languages because of trade, yet I cannot honestly say Igbo is a lingua franca of Gabon, even if people greet 'Igwe' in Kenya because of Nollywood.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 10:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 11:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
ezeagu:

Oh, come on, Igbo is spoken in more African countries in larger numbers than all Nigerian languages because of trade, yet I cannot honestly say Igbo is a lingua franca of Gabon, even if people greet 'Igwe' in Kenya because of Nollywood.

lmaooooo even igbo musicians are singing in Yoruba grin

To reach out to more African nations, you need Yoruba tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhek9R3c6TY
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
Obiagu1:

Girl stop!

You are right on this one,but saying igbo has more speakers than yoruba is false.
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Obiagu1(m): 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
IlekeHD:

Got me where?

Ngga, your people are currently on BBCAfrica begging for BBCIgbo..... they must be illiterates too cheesy

They are talking because they don't know the criteria.
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
People will always speak the indigenous Language of the place they grew up in. Don't you know that the Yorubas and Hausas that grew up in Igbo land speak Igbo Language better than some Igbo people? This is not something to brag with now. Can you guys just stop this!

MegaMan1987:

3 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Obiagu1(m): 11:04pm On Nov 23, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

You are right on this one,but saying igbo has more speakers than yoruba is false.

I didn't talk about Igbo having more speakers than Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 11:04pm On Nov 23, 2015
nwanlecha:
People will always speak the indigenous Language of the place they grew up in. Don't you know that the Yorubas and Hausas that grew up in Igbo land speak Igbo Language better than some Igbo people? This is not something to brag with now. Can you guys just stop this!

It's just common sense that an Igbo person will not speak Igbo to someone that doesn't understand it therefore that person will think the Igbo person speaks their own language less. They're actually being courteous.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 11:05pm On Nov 23, 2015
[size=18pt]Yoruba language is studied in 47 American varsities, says UI don
[/size]

[size=18pt]Yoruba Language Listed As Criteria To Join British Police
[/size]

[size=18pt][b]Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language .[/size]

[size=18pt] Scandinavian Countries to Teach Yoruba Language in Schools[/size]
(He said the duty and responsibility of the European chapter should be to cover 25 countries out of the 28 in Europe.)

3 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Kastonkastroll(m): 11:05pm On Nov 23, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

yorumonkey and another crap...
take banana...grin
lol... grin

I mean is that monkey your elder brother? kikikiki. Anyway BBC will launch ibo services in year 2100, so wipe your tears boy and stop crying.
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by MegaMan1987: 11:05pm On Nov 23, 2015
ezeagu:

No one cares fancy history from about 100 years ago. About 100 years ago France was overshadowing Germany. I'm not going to explain to you why Equatorial Guinea is more strategic today than Benin, it's pointless.

Because a non-Igbo speaker would know how much an Igbo speaker can speak Igbo because? Clap for yourself.

I'm being serious. Ask them to speak Igbo and they either say they can't or struggle. Yet they can speak Yoruba/Hausa fluently and do so at will. Especially in Lagos. Igbos will speak Yoruba like they're descendants of the place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Mastermind Of Buhari Coup Rumour / Fani-Kayode Visits Fasoranti As Daughter Is Buried (Photo) / Ezekwesili: Buhari Worse Than Jonathan In Governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.