Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Three Things That If Done Will Change Nigeria Overnight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Things That If Done Will Change Nigeria Overnight (1053 Views)

Explained: How Buhari Miraculously Improved The Power In Nigeria Overnight / I Can't Change Nigeria Overnight – Buhari / Military Captures Armoured Vehicles, Artillery Guns Overnight (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Things That If Done Will Change Nigeria Overnight by randombee: 8:58am On May 24, 2009
What three things do you think, if changed in Nigeria, can turn around the country for good?

For me this things are as follows:

1. Epilectic Power (PHCN)

2. Insecurity of lives and property ( POLICE & OTHER SECURITY FORCES)

3. Falling standard of education and mass re-orientation (THE ENTIRE EDUCATION SECTOR)
Re: Three Things That If Done Will Change Nigeria Overnight by Tudor3(m): 9:09am On May 24, 2009
You forgot to add KILL all the PASTORS and IMAMS.
That'll definately change this country.
Re: Three Things That If Done Will Change Nigeria Overnight by blacksta(m): 9:47am On May 24, 2009
@ tudor

Why do u have to display your lack of sense what has that got to with d topic at hand
it is not a  necessity to leave a post if u feel the thread beyond is your comprehension . Please move along
Re: Three Things That If Done Will Change Nigeria Overnight by dominique(f): 10:10am On May 24, 2009
@ tudor
you've finally found your way out of the religous section. . .

you want to display your ignorance and foolishness to a wider audience abi tongue
Re: Three Things That If Done Will Change Nigeria Overnight by chidichris(m): 12:42pm On May 24, 2009
1. make harsh laws like death sentence or life imprisonment for corrupt leaders
2. implement the harsh laws on corrupt leaders
3. punish offenders of these harsh laws

and nigeria will move fast fast.
Re: Three Things That If Done Will Change Nigeria Overnight by anonimi: 1:44pm On May 24, 2009
ICAN Expels 490 Members over Graft
From Chritopher Isiguzo in Abakiliki, 05.23.2009

Ebonyi

Determined to check the excesses of her members, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) has expelled about 490 members since the inception of the body 44 years ago.
President of the Institute, Dr Richard Uche, who made the disclosure in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, said those who were expelled were found to have compromised the ethics of the profession as they indulged in corrupt practices.   
He said the Institute has strengthened its disciplinary processes and internal control system, coupled with corporate code of Ethics, geared towards monitoring the Licenses of   practitioners and will make the directors of companies to adhere with the code.   
“Corruption is all over the world and not only in Nigeria but it has taken disturbing dimension in Nigeria. As it regards to our members, we are also setting in motion to address the issue. I will be the first person to agree with you that some of our members are corrupt too. We set up disciplinary measure once you are reported for any corrupt practices; you will face the wrath of disciplinary process. From 1965 till date, over 490 members have been expelled by the institute for corrupt practices,” he stated. The ICAN chieftain also expressed dismay that Nigeria was yet to fully stamp out graft from its system despite the seeming enormous efforts so far made because of the inabilities of the government and its agencies to punish those involve in corrupt practices, “like our own body our power stopped at expelling the corrupt ones but beyond that those arrested for one fraud or corrupt practices or the other should be subjected for prosecution and should be brought to book, so that others will learn from it”.   
He further disclosed that special centres, have been created across the country, for the training of accounting Graduates, as well as research departments, stressing that the membership of ICAN, has increased from 250 to 27,000 and have 150,000 students in their register   
On the Global Economic meltdown, Uche said the institute have made contributions and inputs to cushion the effect and advised government to diversify to other areas of economic Growth, like Agriculture, Sold Minerals Exploitation, Coordination of polices, among others.   
“Government should begin to look into other areas like agriculture and not focusing or depending on crude oil. We have abundance of mineral resources in this country which is yet untapped. All we need is to look inward to improve on our agricultural potentials” he said.
He however stated that the body has thoroughly analyzed the 2009 Federal budget estimate and articulated its recommendations, on proper implementation of the Budget, to the government, to achieve the desired results.
Uche further said he was in the state to meet with members of ICAN to rob minds with them, “to address their peculiar problems and to intimate them on happenings at the headquarters and as well to visit tertiary institutions to inform the students about the professional body, the attribute they should posses in order to become full profession. It is also the process of catching them young and teaching them to imbibe with the ethics of the profession early enough”
The ICAN boss had earlier visited the state governor chief Martin Elechi on a courtesy call represented by the Secretary to the State Governemnt Chief Fidelis Mbam where the government promised to partner with the institute for the capacity building in the state. He later had an audience with Accountancy students of Ebonyi state university and phone-in programme at UnityFM Abakaliki about the programmes of the institute.   
In his Speech at the occasion, the Chairman of Abakaliki district of the Institute of chartered Accountants of Nigeria, Mr. Zoran, Okpani, said that the body has established two Institution centres for the training of members on modern skills and acquisition.     

This Day

Just one example of what can be done to make positive change.
Re: Three Things That If Done Will Change Nigeria Overnight by ElRazur: 2:20pm On May 24, 2009
Techincally speaking, there isn't a "3 things" any one can do that will change Nigeria over night, Not even the Gods can make such a move. smiley You just cannot change a nation of over 120million just like that. smiley
Re: Three Things That If Done Will Change Nigeria Overnight by Becomrich: 2:36pm On May 24, 2009
removing yoruba, edo, delta and bayelsa to benin republic . this way igbos can be president of nigeria after yar adua.

Re: Three Things That If Done Will Change Nigeria Overnight by randombee: 11:03pm On May 25, 2009
When I say three things, I don't mean that those three things would change Nigeria completely, rather these three things in my opinion will have the greatest effect on the polity and in a short time we'll begin to see real positive change (not rebranding).

For instance, if the problem of power supply is solved, a lot of new businesses will spring up and begin to flourish. This in turn will lead to a reduction in unemployment and creation of wealth for the people. The far reaching effect will be phenominal.

Now if the Nigeria Police Force were to become responsible and other security agencies begin to take their jobs seriously, the result will be that foreign investors will have better confidence to repatriate their funds and expertise to Nigeria for investment and this will definitely create a boom effect. A case study is Telecoms.

Let us dedicate the same energy we do to fault finding to problem solving. It will do us all a lot of good.
Re: Three Things That If Done Will Change Nigeria Overnight by Andy1985ng(m): 12:37am On May 26, 2009
simple,

1. Electricity

2. Niger Delta

3. Death Sentence for Corrupt practices.
Re: Three Things That If Done Will Change Nigeria Overnight by Tudor3(m): 1:04am On May 26, 2009
@Blacksta and dominique
i can see the resident morons of the religion section have followed me here. . . .i got tired of getting banned every week,i decided to relocate and these idiots are stalking me!
Pastors and imams limit the potentials of nigerians by feeding them bullshit about non existent gods/miracles and divine intervention when we are supposed to put our minds to work and solve our many problems. In addition,pastors especially rob poor nigerians leaving them poorer and invest the money in luxury private jets and extravagant auditoriums.
Curbing this menace will change this country. I pointed that out and brainless farts like blacksta have a problem with me.
If you don't like what i've said,go mess yourselves.
Re: Three Things That If Done Will Change Nigeria Overnight by ikeyman00(m): 1:11am On May 26, 2009
[size=20pt]removing yoruba, edo, delta and bayelsa to benin republic . this way igbos can be president of nigeria after yar adua. [/size]
Re: Three Things That If Done Will Change Nigeria Overnight by Andy1985ng(m): 1:19am On May 26, 2009
@ tudor

I respect ur views but in the political section and, well, any another section for that matter, it will only raise the anger of the people and the moderators sad

there are good pastors and imams out there too and they are as human as you are.

@ikeyman00

Tribalism will only make things worse!!!

(1) (Reply)

Sss Quizzes Etb Md, Seizes Passports Of Bank Phb Directors / Erastus Akingbola Na Real Ole / From The Moderator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.