Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border - Foreign Affairs (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border (71664 Views)

3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone / Breaking News: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet For Violating Its Airspace / Moscow Summons UK Attache Over Claims RAF Licensed To Down Russian Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by amNIGERIA: 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
If invading Turkey will bring down Turkey prices this xmas, I am in.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
bonechamberlain:

why would he step down, who instigated the crisis in his country, was it not the west because the dint want him. Assad has always said he would step down if Syrians don't need him again and not some rag rag rebels and terrorist sponsored by America and its allies.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by tdayof(m): 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:
You are the most inconsistent mind I have ever seen. Shooting down the jet is wrong but they should defend their airspace. Lol. Then how do you expect them to defend their airspace? They should stage police in the airspace?
and Turkey should fold hands and be looking until fighter jet enter densely populate area before they react. I see.
China has the right to shot down American jet if it violate Chinese airspace. So if China didn't shoot the jet then it is their choice.
Firstly, Turkey should have intercept the russian aircraft instead of shooting it down. Intercept in a way by making the pilot to make a compulsory landing.

There are other ways in which you can protect your airspace. And moreover most countries issue a missile warning against an alien aircraft only when it approaches a populated area. Eg, US,UK and Sweden.

The fact remains shooting down the plane was never he right thing at that moment.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by upko1: 8:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
grin Good one. Don't fork with NATO!!!
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by tdayof(m): 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2015
belabela:

Watch while men discuss...you may learn one or two things

Men from across the world:

1. Asked whether Russia will invoke its right to self-defence as envisaged in the UN Charter over the loss of its military aircraft on the Syrian-Turkish border, Russian presidential press secretary Dmitriy Peskov replied: "Until there are clarifying reports, it is impossible to answer this question." - BBC

2. A UK Foreign Office spokeswoman has described the shooting down of a Russian air force jet near the Turkish-Syrian border as a "very serious incident".

She said: "We are seeking further details urgently. Clearly this is a very serious incident but it would be unwise to comment further until we have more certainty on the facts."

3. "At the request of Turkey, the North Atlantic Council will hold an extraordinary meeting at 16:00 GMT. The aim of this extraordinary NAC is for Turkey to inform Allies about the downing of a Russian airplane," an alliance official told AFP.

This is the first time a Nato member's armed forces have downed a Russian or Soviet military aircraft since the 1950s, according to the Reuters news agency

According to your limited knowledge it's just a normal thing to do. I hope you can learn a few things
nice post. A little online research could have helped him.
Going through some foreign websites, i noticed citizens from NATO countries even condemned the act.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 8:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
Idrismusty97:
What would Russia do? Nuke Turkey? Turkey is a NATO member, An attack on them would draw all the other NATO members. Russia would be careful with their approach, this isn't the time to escalate matter. Putin should just focus on ISIS and Syria, thats more important. The West are just trying to draw away his attention, Russia shouldn't take the bait. Turkey is in a delicate position now, A civil war could erupt any time. They would regret this action in time, Russia would greatly fund and armed any rebel group that may rise against Erdogan and Turkey(The Kurds comes to mind). It would be a proxy war. And Turkey should kiss goodbye to ever violating Syria airspace again, They are use to that. Even if Turkey violate Syria airspace by an inch, Kaboom! cheesy

Well judging from this Putin speech it seems this would escalate. Putin decides to take the bait, Turkey is in for real shît!

Such insult! They down a Russian jet and turn to NATO to discuss the incident? Screw proxy war and NATO, Russia should completely obliterate that terrorist country! Damn the consequences.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3113695_turkey_jpeg474a0d9a6941e348fb23a1c016451847
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by vislabraye(m): 8:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
Toktee:
This is so annoying,who the hell are the russians,what combat experience do the russian have,they only flexed their muscles in georgia,estern ukrain,try so many years to termed the breakaway chechniyaz,is that the russian that you guys are talking about,go and check the strength of the turkish military before you come back sir.

So you think Turkey will deal with Russia ?
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by 4nobody4every1: 8:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
amNIGERIA:
If invading Turkey will bring down Turkey prices this xmas, I am in.
buhahahahaha, you are a clown..hahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by sukkot: 8:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lool.

I went to Uni in West Midlands and raving during Uni took me everywhere. So I've been everywhere and to all the Unis there. UK isn't that populated, apart from London, and maybe Birmingham.

Also, when you travel everywhere that's when you'll know that there aren't that many black folks in the UK. I think the 3% of the population thingy is an exaggeration, since the population of black folks in London is just 7%. You would go to some places and you won't even see one black person for.hours. grin

Anyway, Chester is my spot for posh white chics. But in the UK, I don't think there's anywhere as posh as Kent, based on my observation. Even the Kent accent is posh. Kent is super-posh. grin
very on point with that observation. my brother lived in kent before moving to naija. somewhere called gravesend. man that place is just like anywhere in london lol. nothing posh about that place. lol but then again i did not go past gravesend so i am of course speaking out of ignorance grin
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:
Lol.

How can a plane allegedly "violating" Turkish airspace crash in Syria? grin

These folks just want a big war. The Russians will send a missile to Turkey soon. grin

I did raise the same issue with this outrageous scenario. A plane alledged to have been shot over Syrian air space crashed 4km from the border into Syria. How is that possible? Some of us just lack basic sense of reasoning. Like you rightly noted, they want a broader war and draw Russia attention from the main goal at hand, and believe me, Turkey will get just that. I only hope that the Russian response in whatever way should be fairly proportional, not go beyond. Otherwise, we will be gradually paving the way for a larger crisis of global proportion.

The middle eas is about to see hell . God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
Putin is always slow to react and it will cost him dearly. Mark my word
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 9:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
I see some boko bastards are rejoicing over this....

Well, this has already backfired on the Turks as their currency took a major hit.

I know Erdogan has a hard on for ISIS and is having wet dreams of becoming the new Sultan, but what he doesn't know is that Russia fights dirty.

The illegal oil trade between Turkey and the Islamic State is why Turkey of all people dared to shoot a Russian jet. And I also know for a fact that the Turkish president is a confirmed boko.

Putin will react viciously and when he does I don't want to hear any boko complain

Now you can understand why the likes of boko haram is still excelling, when you have people rejoicing like this, know that terrorism thrives big time among commoners like this. That is the sinful human nature for you-rejoicing in evil against the better good.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 9:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:
I knew the whole Paris false flag was basically a plan by NATO to move assets to the mediterranean.

Now that they have got a lot of assets there - they gave Turkey the green light to instigate shiit. grin

These folks are crazy, I tell ya.

And by the time the consequencies starts taking its toll, Turkey will realise that indoor politics in NATO is mostly centered on self interest and aggradisement. The way they rushed to NATO immediately after the crash, speaks volume of what is at stake, lending credence to your theory. When shit will start to fly, many will realize that article 5 of NATO only exist against weak states, if not only on paper.

Brother, sh1t is about to hit the fan, just that i dont know which direction.

4 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

[s]Lol.

What language is this?

Can someone please tell this illiterate and incoherent monkey to write in English language? grin

[/s]
write in english? Hahahahahahah, can't stop laughing - this Pig enh. You are an Illiterate, I thought you are capable of engaging your padagogue (Mazeltov) in an intellectual discourse only for you to crawl back into your cave like a limping Pig. Come out and face your lord and see how I will expose the intensity of ignorance in your life!!! Ewu!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2015
belabela:

You talk like a kid.

In the military shooting down an enemy aircarft/satellite/helicopter is equal to declaration of war. The fact now is that this said plane was downed in Syria. It crashed in Syria not Turkey.

NATO is currently drafting a response because it is a very serious issue.

Russia has called security meeting and called it a very serious "incident"

A pilot is reported dead and the other captured.

Just to lecture you NATO though big is not a country and need parliamentary approval from member nations. It will be most difficult to sell a war with Russia to people of Europe who largely support Russian war on ISIS. This aircraft was in comabt mission againt alnusura ( alqueda in Syria), did not shoot at Turkey. Now Turkey destroyed the aircarft and "killed" a pilot.

Violation of airsapce happen all the time. Turkey violated Grecce airpace twice last month. You scramble aircarft to protest...but shooting a plane down leading to death...wake up kid...that's how major wars start...from killing some unkown politican...to shotting down a military jet
Thank God we still have people with critical thinking and common sense. I they follow you.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

[s]Lol.

What language is this?

Can someone please tell this illiterate and incoherent monkey to write in English language? grin

[/s]
write in english? Hahahahahahah, can't stop laughing - this Pig enh. You are an Illiterate, I thought you are capable of engaging your padagogue (Mazeltov) in an intellectual discourse only for you to crawl back into your cave like a limping Pig. Come out and face your lord and see how I will expose the intensity of ignorance in your life!!! Ewu!! grin .

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by lucianohase(m): 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 9:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:
Anyway, one country was predicted to get a tactical nuclear bomb as Xmas gift from Santa this year.

It looks like Turkey and crazed Erdogan are topping the list for Santa's gift. grin
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 9:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:
Anyway, one country was predicted to get a tactical nuclear bomb as Xmas gift from Santa this year.

It looks like Turkey and crazed Erdogan are topping the list for Santa's gift. grin
gringrin
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 9:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Putin can not afford to let this slide because he already warned any nation that stands in the way of Russia will suffer the consequences.

And if you follow the man, Putin you will find out that he likes proving his adversaries wrong just as he did to that bastard in the white house who said Russia was a mere regional player. Less than a month after that statement Putin declared Russia's presence in Syria.

Putin will react and it will be viscous.

Thank you roasted Turkey for ending the world.

Daft turks

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by fineguy11(m): 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
DISEASE OF THE MIND IS WHEN U THINK NATO COUNTRIES LIKE GERMANY,ITALY,FRANCE WOULD SIGN OFF ON AN ATTACK AGAINST RUSSIA SHOULD RUSSIA RETALIATES AGAINST TURKEY....TURKEY IS ABOUT TO SELF DESTRUCT.THE BALL IS IN PUTIN'S COURT.ALL PUTIN HAS TO DO IS PUT A CALL TO THE PKK(KURDISH MILITIA) LEADERS IN TURKEY.THE PKK WILL ENGAGE TURKEY''S MILITARY IN A BLOODY CIVIL WAR WITH RUSSIA'S SUPPORT...poos just getting started..

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

This is what the Russians are saying:

The Russians where targeting a convoy of ISIS militants near the Turkish border.

They dispatched fighters to engage them

One jet strayed 3km into Turkish airspace which translates to 3 seconds of flight time.

The jet was shut down in Syrian airspace by 3 Turkish F-16s from within the Turkish Airspace.

The Turks can not send 10 warnings in 3 seconds.

The pilot jettisoned his aircraft and was lynched to death by ISIS members on ground.

Turkey is in deep sh1t¡ this was a deliberate aggressive strike and an open declaration of war with Russia

Already sirens are blurring all over turkey and everyone has been advised to stay in doors.

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by lucianohase(m): 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
Turkey...one of the sponsors of ISIS. They v not been happy with the progress the syrian army with the help of Russia airstrikes have achieved towards crushing ISIS. Hence, they expressed their frustration, under the guise of violation of airspace. If the syrian army blocks the supply of ISIS from turkey,the aim of the US and their allies to take over that part of syria n eventually balkanize it to oust assad will be a flop http://sputniknews.com/politics/20151124/1030688092/russia-syria-military-close-to-cutting-off-isil-supply-routes.html. The US,UK,Turkey, Saudi Arabia,UAE,Qarta all created ISIS...The feigned strikes aggainst ISIS by US and its allies is all about ousting Assad who doesn't do their bidding. http://sputniknews.com/politics/20151124/1030683556/us-turkish-military-invasion-syria.html
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 10:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
belabela:

You are a joker who try to claim he knows but knows nothing.

Can you even comprehend a simple statement. Every nation vilolates each other's airspace...but shooting down aircraft is war. The standard of violation is protest...have you ever heard of nations scrambling aircarft for violation of their airspace. If every nation shoot down jets that vilate their airspace then there may be no more civilised world. Hence Turkey is escalating things to a new level

What triggers a nuclear war?

There has never been a nuclear war in human history. The only time nuclear weapon was used it was only one nation that had it - the US.

Now there are a few nations with nuclear weapons.

When war starts nations are free to use the weapons in their arsenal so you never know when there will be a nuclear war. That is why the world avoids war with nuclear armed nations. A good example is North Korea. Nobody wants to see nuclear war.

NATO's only response so far is that they are monitoring the situation and have called an emergency meeting. Those who understand the situation know that it is very serious.

Nobody knows how things will turn out but NATO knows that Russia will respond - not sure what the response will be.
Once again, matured response with facts and prevailing common sense. Ride on.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
tdayof:
Firstly, Turkey should have intercept the russian aircraft instead of shooting it down. Intercept in a way by making the pilot to make a compulsory landing.

There are other ways in which you can protect your airspace. And moreover most countries issue a missile warning against an alien aircraft only when it approaches a populated area. Eg, US,UK and Sweden.

The fact remains shooting down the plane was never he right thing at that moment.
The extension of this argument projected us to another level of arguing about shooting and intercepting fighter jets.
In fact, when it comes to violation of Airspace, America is the country that has violated airspce most, not to even talk of their unwanted spying. I can't count the number of times Russia has shot down American aircrafts violating Russian Airspace yet, America didn't strike back because of that because they know the implication. Chill, honestly I understood your point and contrary to what some domestic animals have been posting here, they fink that anybody presenting facts against their dweeb opinions is a lover of terrorists and anti Russia!!!
Each country has different rules and regulations guiding airspace and apart and from that, another question to ask is, Did Su-24 truly entered enemy's (Nato) airspace?
It was reported that the pilot was warned several times and after warning, did he did yielded? ,
then why must Turkey shot a jet flying inSyrian Airspace? These are burning and confusing questions we suppose to analyse and answer. Now let's begin from here and see my laid points.
We all know that Turkey is a Nato state and violation of Turkish airspace by Russia or enemy is not an attack - which means, the article 5 of 1949 Nato treaty is relatively ineffective in this scenario

Number 2. If Russia decides to retaliate by attacking Turkey through a military approach, then it would trigger the same article and such might lead to war if care is not taken and one thing you should know is that, America has always been and aggressor, It not about whether Russia would attack back or not, it's not about whether Nato is divided or not because this has been the basis of what many have been arguing about. I don't care about the jet, I care about Turkey/Nato and Russia engagement
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 10:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
tdayof:

The extension of this argument projected us to another level of arguing about shooting and intercepting fighter jets.
In fact, when it comes to violation of Airspace, America is the country that has violated airspce most, not to even talk of their unwanted spying. I can't count the number of times Russia has shot down American aircrafts violating Russian Airspace yet, America didn't strike back because of that because they know the implication. Chill, honestly I understood your point and contrary to what some domestic animals have been posting here, they fink that anybody presenting facts against their dweeb opinions is a lover of terrorists and anti Russia!!! Go and check my post, if you see where I post anything to support the shooting down of the jet. The problem we have is that, many people have been blindfolded by their love for these countries.
Each country has different rules and regulations guiding airspace and apart and from that, another question to ask is, Did Su-24 truly entered enemy's (Nato) airspace?
It was reported that the pilot was warned several times and after warning, did he did yielded? ,
then why must Turkey shot a jet flying inSyrian Airspace? These are burning and confusing questions we suppose to analyse and answer. Now let's begin from here and see my laid points.
We all know that Turkey is a Nato state and violation of Turkish airspace by Russia or enemy is not an attack - which means, the article 5 of 1949 Nato treaty is relatively ineffective in this scenario

Number 2. If Russia decides to retaliate by attacking Turkey through a military approach, then it would trigger the same article. Let's be honest here, America can't be looking while Russia is attacking Turkey and such might lead to war if care is not taken and one thing you should know is that, America has always been and aggressor, It not about whether Russia would attack back or not, it's not about whether Nato is divided or not because this has been the basis of what many have been arguing about. I don't care about the jet, I care about Turkey/Nato, America and Russia engagement because I know America will poke nose under the influence of ''Nato''
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
tdayof:

In fact, when it comes to violation of Airspace, America is the country that has violated airspce most, not to even talk of their unwanted spying. I can't count the number of times Russia has shot down American aircrafts violating Russian Airspace yet, America didn't strike back because of that because they know the implication. Chill, honestly I understood your point and contrary to what some domestic animals have been posting here, they fink that anybody presenting facts against their dweeb opinions is a lover of terrorists and anti Russia!!! Go and check my post, if you see where I post anything to support the shooting down of the jet. The problem we have is that, many people have been blindfolded by their love for these countries.

Number 2. If Russia decides to retaliate by attacking Turkey through a military approach, then it would trigger the same article. Let's be honest here, America can't be looking while Russia is attacking Turkey and such might lead to war if care is not taken and one thing you should know is that, America has always been and aggressor, It not about whether Russia would attack back or not, it's not about whether Nato is divided or not because this has been the basis of what many have been arguing about. I don't care about the jet, I care about Turkey/Nato, America and Russia engagement because I know America will poke nose under the influence of ''Nato''.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

A supersonic jet travelling at 1800kmph can easily cover 3km in 3 secs.

The jet turned back and headed into Syria.

Or how are the Turks going to explain how come the Russian jet ended up back in Syria?

The Turks are Fcked over this.

There is no way Erdogan can defend this open act of foolish brazen aggression.
Pls tell that to the zombies brazenly celebrating the criminal act of terrorist sympathizers. By the time the repercussions starts kicking off, you wont see them here again.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Tkester: 10:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
Hahahahahsha,

Turkey has already started shitting on the pants.

They claimed they didn't know the downed aircraft was Russia's.

Don't mess with Putin!
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by speedyGonzales: 10:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
frenchpharaoh1:

There's no casualty.

Actually one of the pilots is dead, apparently...
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 10:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
Lwkmd
grin grin grin grin
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 10:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
Tkester:
Hahahahahsha,

Turkey has already started shitting on the pants.
They claimed they didn't know the downed aircraft was Russia's.
Don't mess with Putin!
Wait until Russia retliate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Exclusive Graphic Images From Israel By First Responders / Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office / Donald Trump Leaves The White House For Last Time As President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.