Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border - Foreign Affairs (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border (71554 Views)

3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone / Breaking News: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet For Violating Its Airspace / Moscow Summons UK Attache Over Claims RAF Licensed To Down Russian Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 4:12am On Nov 27, 2015
mazeltov:

Dodging which facts? Hahahahaha grin
I even helped you to highlight its 5 major capabilities which no other fighter jet in operation can do in the whole world.[/b] grin grin ....with your Russian propaganda
gringrin Easy, Mazeltov. Yes, you actually tried with opening sites and bringing from thence such infos and specs. Most times, one gets tired and just copy to save time. Yeah,
'' 5 outstanding capabilities '', but
Na so the capabilities be outstanding for F117 till when Serbia brought them down using 1960s old Soviet SAMs. grin

How is this propaganda..?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/04/pentagon-worries-that-russia-can-now-outshoot-u-s-stealth-jets.html

Did you know that when Slovakia brought their S300 variant into NATO training section, they tried everything possible to jam and unravel it, but failed? U think sey Isreal dey joke by threatening fire and thunder if Russia sell it to Syria? If thats a brainer, how much more the S400?

Either 150km, 150akm or even 1500km, Pantsir coverage range is not up to 150km/1500km. Open your eyes and read tongue Pantsyr only has 2 stage solid fuel rocket motors and has maximum speed of 1,000m/s which is equivalent to Mach3 and its missiles range is 20km/24km. A detection range of 30km - with minimal range of 1km.

You are correct. But If you look closely, you will see an a and 0 appearing along the 15, most time when you type using your phone especially deep in the night, you are bound to make errors. I meant to say 15000m, which also may not be correct as well..

http://www.kbptula.ru/en/productions/air-defense-weapon-systems/pantsir-s1

Technically speaking, the Pantsyr S1 is classified as aSPAAG-M( Self Propelled Anti-Aircraft Gun – Missile) since it is mounted on a self-propelled platform, the Kamaz 8×8 truck and has both guns and missiles to engage its targets. It provides the high altitude, long-range engagement capability of SAMs combined with low-altitude short-range engagement capability of AA guns. It has 6 SAMs and dual 30 mm autocannon on each side of the turret for a total of 12 missiles and 4 guns.
It has a Passive Electronically Scanning Array (PESA) S-band target acquisition radar which scans mechanically to provide360ºcoverage and an X-band fire control radar (FCR). They can search and track aerial targets over 50 km away and engage them at a distance of 20 km. The FCR can track 20 targets and engage 3 simultaeously and up to 12 targets can be engaged in a minute. It has a very advanced electro-optical and Infrared detection and target engagement system as well. But like i said earlier, Pantsirs are just meant as assistance, the real deal is the s400,

CRAP!!!!
when will you stop hiding under this pretence ''official report'' when?.
If the offocial range of those weapons have not been officially declared then wait until they are released to the public.

Nothing is crap, the kalibr is a reality that left some accross the west agape. All missiles have official declared range as standard procedures for export and security commitment purposes. Just that, the Russians are masters in secrecy/under reporting.

Now what? I could remember how Putin was sweating underneath about the deployment of Raptor in Europe grin grin
http://www.ibtimes.com/amid-russia-fears

Now we are progressing: D Lets now use common sense. The F22 and F35 (i do refer to both since they are seperated by only a thin line in terms of capabilities) are way beyond any other conventional plane in terms of stealth and avionics. And that is a fact. But if the owners of the same unbeatable birds are suddenly affraid for them being taken out by a certain opposing power, is that not food for thought, just as the same power like you said, is worried too?
And what the heck is this na; http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=7ad_1402064679
?
How do we reconcile that?

The same analyst that discussed Raptors' flaws are still the ones the discussed it superiority.
[b]According to Pilot Lt.Col Wadw Tolliner

There is the problem. Critical anaysis is both objective and subjective. If we are to accept the bright side only, then there would be no need for analytical discourse. Thus, if we are to go by accepting only the analysis based on the plane superiority, and not also by its short comings, then it can be said we are qualified propagandist.

it's a shame to give up in an argument when someone's ignorance has been exposed!! The more you keep posting your prejudiced fallacy, the more you keep exposing yourself. Keep them coming. See you later at night
The fisherman's invocation always come first before the final straw against the back of the fish. If i wanted to quit on this, i would simply inform you like in the US/Vietnam discourse. And remember, self glorification on the long run brings out the sinful man in us. So tred cautiously.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 8:49am On Nov 27, 2015
Appleyard:
'' 5 outstanding capabilities '', but Na so the capabilities be outstanding for F117 till when Serbia brought them down using 1960s old Soviet SAMs.
Relax and listen. SAM can only shoot any aircraft flying within its range coverage! Any Aircraft flying low altitude stands the risk of being shot down!! And talking about F-117, it happened around 8:15 pm local time. According to Sergeant Dragan Matic, the soldier who fired the Missiles, said: the Jet was detected at the range of about 50km-60km. This is to tell you that it wasn't an high altitude flight - I am not giving any excuse to defend F-117 but just to let you know that you can only shot what is within your range. Yes F-117 was successfuly shot down by old SAM, i agreed!!

And talking about SAM.
The second hand/old fashion Patriot missile that is not even as sophisticated as Almighty S-400 shot down Russian Sukhoi Su-24 by the Isreali. grin grin grin

Appleyard:
How is this propaganda..?
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/04/pentagon-worries-that-russia-can-now-outshoot-u-s-stealth-jets.html

Propaganda? Lolzz grin grin

http://www.ibtimes.com/amid-russia-fears-permanent-f-22-base-europe-american-air-force-general-says-us-wants-2101595

Appleyard:
U think sey Isreal dey joke by threatening fire and thunder if Russia sell it to Syria? If thats a brainer, how much more the S400?
Lolzz, Have you forgotten how Russia was trembling in fear when they heard that Patriot was brought to Moraq and was later moved from Russian border to another place.

Appleyard:
I meant to say 15000m, which also may not be correct as well.
Yea!! I understood, it was a typo!!!

Appleyard:
Pantsirs are just meant as assistance, the real deal is the s400,
Yes, you are right on this!!

Appleyard:
Nothing is crap, the kalibr is a reality that left some accross the west agape. All missiles have official declared range as standard procedures for export and security commitment purposes. Just that, the Russians are masters in secrecy/under reporting.
In order to avoid blind argument, then let's until we know the official range of S-400. Since you don't agree about the circulating range, then forget it!! Our argument should be based on facts and figures!! Understood?

Appleyard:
Now we are progressing: D Lets now use common sense. The F22 and F35 (i do refer to both since they are seperated by only a thin line in terms of capabilities) are way beyond any other conventional plane in terms of stealth and avionics. And that is a fact. But if the owners of the same unbeatable birds are suddenly affraid for them being taken out by a certain opposing power, is that not food for thought, just as the same power like you said, is worried too?
Let's use common sense here too. If Russia with his most sophisticated and almighty S-400 could be jittering due to permanent deployment of F-22 in Europe by an opposing power, is that not a food for thought too? Is that not something to worry about too?

Appleyard:
There is the problem. Critical anaysis is both objective and subjective. If we are to accept the bright side only, then there would be no need for analytical discourse. Thus, if we are to go by accepting only the analysis based on the plane superiority, and not also by its short comings, then it can be said we are qualified propagandist
Honestly, You are right and I must agree with you on this!!
But remember that our argument was based on Raptor vs growler until you deviated by posting Raptor's flaws just to validate your claims!!!
Yes Raptors has so many flaws and I agree with you on this and yet, no aircraft in operation can match it in the world. Fact!!!
Tell me. Have you ever seen an almighty weapon in your life before? Have you ever seen a complete weapon in your life before? If Raptor is the best aircraft, then why would America went ahead to produce F-35? If S-400 is the best in the world then why would Russia went ahead to produce S-500? The most dangerous weapon is the mind of men
Appleyard:
If i wanted to quit on this, i would simply inform you like in the US/Vietnam discourse.
Nobody begged you to quit. You actually ran out of points and you quit and you are also runnig out of points in this discourse by posting unrelated points. Read carefully I have highlighted all your points here again and I repsponded with facts and figures!!
Appleyard:
So tred cautiously.
threat? grin lwkmd!!

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by tck2000(m): 8:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
mazeltov:
This has nothing to do with World war III; you guys should stop promoting irrelevances. Sukhoi-24 was shot down by American supplied F-16 and so? With what I have been reading on nairaland, it seems everybody wants to be in his bedroom or viewing center and be watching 3rd world war on plasma t.v
Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Exclusive Graphic Images From Israel By First Responders / Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) / Why North Korea 'Ghost Ships' Wash Up In Japan Full Of Dead Bodies (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.