Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border - Foreign Affairs (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border (71764 Views)

3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone / Breaking News: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet For Violating Its Airspace / Moscow Summons UK Attache Over Claims RAF Licensed To Down Russian Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 12:34pm On Nov 26, 2015
all4naija:

He is not there to fight terrors he is there for Russian interest. Those bombing are publicity stunts! If you think Russians are in Syria to end terror you are joking and you don't know much about terrorism. They couldn't do that in Afghanistan when terrors were not that sophisticated and you expect them to be able to do it now. Fighting terrorism is not all about bombing. Even almighty USA tried that without success in Iraq, Afghanistan and presently in Syria. The most obvious fact is that Putin is in Syria to save Al Assad face and keep him in power for its own gain.
I know but that doesn't justify the fact America also doesn't have their own ulterior motive in Syria. Once again, give credit ti them for fighting terrorism for the sake of the world. And we all of them are trying to project their interest all in the name of fighting terrorism
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
mazeltov:
Can't belive that I would wake up this morning and read this little piece of junk
CRAP!!!. I'm highly disappointed in you, I can't believe that you could search through net and uplift some information just to justify your claims and ignore some others because you knew it would expose you. Quoting from the same source...

1 Why did you skip where it was said - RAPTOR HAS EMBEDED SENSOR/FUSION which gives pilot focus on dealing with enemy rather than dealing with the aircraft- Raptor has multiple sensors and information-sharing links show on multiple display that supercomputers used for sensor fusion that aims to put all the information plane is gathering into one simple display- a display departure embeds passive sensors for various wavelenght all around the plane's structure and this greatly improves first detection ability even with its radar off and combination of sensors means Raptor pilots are almost certain to know enemies' location long before the reverse.

2. Did you skip where it was said Raptor is All Aspect Stealth and has a very good radar profile from front. Yes stealth is not total invisibility but merely shortens the range at which jet can be detected on ground/air and makes
4. You forgot to read Raptor Supercruise Ability - it can fly above Mach1 without using afterburner. Most of the jets stay below Mach1 for vast majority of their service lives. Raptor's 2 Pratt & Whitney F119 engines offers 35,000 pound of thrust each. Raptor's ability to supercruise at mach 1.5+ without using fuel-guzzling afterburner. Today, Raptor is the only operational aircraft in the world capable of consistent supercruiseling while carrying a full loads of weapons. Eurotyphoon comes closer with Mach1.2 while flying.

5. You intentionally overlooked where they analysed - - SAM like Pantsir and S-400 are extending their ranges to hundreds of kilometer and their missiles performance makes it dangerous for stealth/non-stealth jet to challenge. Fortunately their position are more fixed than aerial opponents- Raptors' detection ranges from any angle and this can create gaps in enemy's radar coverage and this is helpful when Raptor is trying to leave danger zone. A hyper-spectral suite of embeded sensor helps Raptor to map and exploit coverage gaps and supercruise reduce detection range, the hope of this will allow Raptor to get close enough to launch its own unpowered weapons first before the enemy. An AN/APG-77 radar with future software upgrades will provide final stage jamming of enemy's radar

http://www.defenseindustry.com/f-22-raptor-capabilities-and-contoveries-019069/

Is that the best you can offer? Now listen. Pantsyr was firstly unveiled in MAKS air show in Zhvkosvsky near Mosvow in 1995 and it is a defensive missile-gun systrm designed to protect vital and small military areas and land force unit and protection against precision-guided air attact from low and extreme low altitudes - it has 12 surface to air 57E6 guided missiles and 2 2A38M 30 mm- gun with multi range radar capability of detecting aerial target of up to 2-3 sq and at distance range of mora than 30km and tracking range of about 24km

http://www.armyrecognition.com/russia_russian_missile_system_vehicle_uk/pantsir-pantsyr_s1_sa-22_greyhound_air_defense_missile_gun_system_technical_data_sheet_specification.html
Please tell me, where did you see 1500km for Pantsyr? No matter how long, I won't be tired of rendering free military tutelages to enhance your understanding & I'm wiating for more junks from u
grin grin You are so good in dogding facts that you would do well in joining the US springbox team. Who said 1500km for pantsil? I hope you slept well last night? I only gave you an instance of the Kalibr official declared range and the actual range that came to be following its use, as a reference to the principle of '' under reporting''. .And why did you keep dodging and ingnoring it, and this:
http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=7ad_1402064679

Now this,

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/04/pentagon-worries-that-russia-can-now-outshoot-u-s-stealth-jets.html

You just keep dancing around your self-style glorified ego while skipping critiques that doesnt fit in your naratives. If you don't have answers to the above and aforementioned critiques of why those planes are more of expensive junk whose productions have been suspended, other than roving in repeated self-glorification while calling the reviews of experts like James pierce and Stevensons as Crap, because it runs contrary to your line of thought, feel free to chill and move on to other issues. I dont roll with humped sholuders.

To others, these are no Craps:

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=7ad_1402064679

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/04/pentagon-worries-that-russia-can-now-outshoot-u-s-stealth-jets.html

Stay well.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
all4naija:

Oh, yeah! Rag tags in Afghanistan did long time ago, downing some Russian fighter jets without grave consequences. Please, stop peddling your childish blabs here.

You can comment without hurling insults. You talking about The Soviet War in Afghan?
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
ayodele234:
Putin if you are not ready to play dirty then leave the battle field. China won't take such rubbish...Putin is weak!

Putin is not weak. He doesn't wanna be dragged into a global war by the reckless actions of Turkey.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by freshcvvs: 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 3:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
Appleyard:
You are so good in dogding facts
Dodging which facts? Hahahahaha grin You searched through the net to lift some Raptors' controversies and you intentionally or blindly ignored/over looked its capabilities which no jet on earth can match:
I even helped you to highlight its 5 major capabilities which no other fighter jet in operation can do in the whole world yet, you summoned the effrontery to tell me that I am dodging facts
grin grin lwkmd!! I was expecting you to tackle those facts that I listed with your Russian made propaganda and see how I will joyfully expose your ignorance again.

Appleyard:
Who said 1500km for pantsil? I hope you slept well last night?

Sleep? Well, Your Russian made propaganda can't allow me to sleep well so see where you posted it

Appleyard:
Pantsir-S1 (deployed with S400) for instance can engage targets up to 15a0km altitude and has an optical guidance channel that could deal with an F-22
Either 150km, 150akm or even 1500km, Pantsir coverage range is not up to 150km/1500km. Open your eyes and read tongue Pantsyr only has 2 stage solid fuel rocket motors and has maximum speed of 1,000m/s which is equivalent to Mach3 and its missiles range is 20km/24km. A detection range of 30km - with minimal range of 1km.
Even Pantsir deployed with S-400 cannot cover a range of 1500km

http://www.military-today.com/missile/pantsyr.htm

Appleyard:
[s]I only gave you an instance of the Kalibr official declared range and the actual range that came to be following its use, as a reference to the principle of '' under reporting''. .And why did you keep dodging and ingnoring it, and this[/s]
CRAP!!!!
when will you stop hiding under this pretence ''official report'' when?.
If the offocial range of those weapons have not been officially declared then wait until they are released to the public and stop posting unofficial report about things you know nothing about!! Understood?

Appleyard:

Now this,
Now what? I could remember how Putin was sweating underneath about the deployment of Raptor in Europe grin grin
http://www.ibtimes.com/amid-russia-fears-permanent-f-22-base-europe-american-air-force-general-says-us-wants-2101595 What else do you want to say my brother?

Appleyard:
You just keep dancing around your self-style glorified ego while skipping critiques that doesnt fit in your naratives. If you don't have answers to the above and aforementioned critiques
please where are the critiques? I could remember that our argument is based on Raptor and S-400 and now, you are sweating from head to pant, searching for F-22 controversies on internet just to justify your illusionary belief - Or is it the junks you copied from somewhere or the one that you don't know their official report? grin grin You said Raptor cannot dogfight and I successfully proved you wrong with facts and web link. You have deviated from telling me how SAM intend to shoot Raptor rather, you went on net and started searching for F-22 flaws grin - Now you who is dodging? Mr, stop posting Raptor's critiques until you tell me any jet in operation that can outmatch it.

Appleyard:
other than roving in repeated self-glorification while calling the reviews of experts like James pierce and Stevensons as Crap, because it runs contrary to your line of thought, feel free to chill and move on to other issues. I dont roll with humped sholuders.
The same analyst that discussed Raptors' flaws are still the ones the discussed it superiority.
According to Pilot Lt.Col Wadw Tolliner - said in June 13/06 virginal- pilot article, illustrated a numbers of points about Raptor. He said: In Raptor, I can outmaneuver an F-16, F-15, it doesn't matter and Raptor's radar works in a way that allows me to use it without revealling myself. Though the exact workings are classified. F-22 is known to wmit radar signals in an extremely short burst over multiple frequency - He said, even if you detect me, you cannot know where I am, a second from now said Joe Quims. Raptor's radar and other embeded sensors along with information fed into Raptor's computer from ground based radars gives Raptors an exceptional and unified view of potential threat and target on ground. -
it's a shame to give up in an argument when someone's ignorance has been exposed!! The more you keep posting your prejudiced fallacy, the more you keep exposing yourself. Keep them coming. See you later at night

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Donald Trump Leaves The White House For Last Time As President / America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole / Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.