Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border - Foreign Affairs (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border (71763 Views)

3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone / Breaking News: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet For Violating Its Airspace / Moscow Summons UK Attache Over Claims RAF Licensed To Down Russian Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by NairaMinted: 5:39am On Nov 25, 2015
Anthony Cartalucci:

Syria-Russia-Turkey-NATO-US

When you are a loser and you are losing, you will do anything to "shake up" the situation for a possible opportunity to change your misfortunes.

All Syria and Russia have to do is continue doing what they are doing. They have more or less won the war. Russia will likely only further fortify its positions in Syria and move more assets into the region to ensure NATO never crosses into Syria - all while continuing air operations to support the Syrian Arab Army as it cuts off and exterminates NATO's terror hordes.

NATO knows this. NATO also knows that if it loses in Syria, it basically has lost the Middle East. Like it is doing in Asia - losing to China - it is losing in the Middle East as well. Bloated empires pushed out the door into the cold nothingness don't survive long and will fight bitterly as they are pushed out.

For Thais, there are many parallels between what NATO just did to Russia and what happened in Bangkok on April 10, 2010 when Shinawatra's red shirts ambushed the Royal Thai Army and killed Colonel Romklao. An act of unprecedented treachery, but ultimately an act of desperation that only further sealed Shinawatra's decline and removal from power.

And though no one knows for sure who fired it, a bullet zipped through the head of the man who took credit for that night of carnage - traitor/disgraced General Khattiya Sawasdipol aka "Seh Daeng."

Likely (hopefully), Russia's revenge will be similar. Would hate to be in Erdogan's circle of misfits.

http://journal-neo.org/2015/11/24/russian-warplane-down-natos-act-of-war/

4 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 5:57am On Nov 25, 2015
mazeltov:
After reading this, I have no strenght to go into details so just manage my short reply
Yawnnn!!! The Russian s-400 40N6 The 40N6 very long range missile is capable of destroying airborne targets at ranges up to 400 km (250 mi). Active radar homing head. To engage targets out of sight from the ground (for homing missile can) is designed to find the target. System S - 400 can hit targets at a height of 185 km.
The 48N6DM long range missile is capable of destroying airborne targets at ranges up to 250 km (160 mi). Semi-active radar homing head.
The 48H6E3/48H6E2 – The 250/200 km, target speed 4,800 metres per second (17,000 km/h; 11,000 mph; Mach 14) /2,800 metres per second (10,000 km/h;
6,300 mph; Mach 8.2), rocket speed 2,000 metres per second (7,200 km/h; 4,500 mph; Mach 5.9).
The 9M96E2[37] extended range missile is capable of destroying airborne targets at ranges up to 120 km (75 mi), flying altitude 5 m to 30 km,. It has the highest
hit probability against fast, manoeuvrable targets such as fighter aircraft. Weight 420 kg. Active radar homing head. The
probability for single missile to destroy the target without taking into account the operational reliability is: (piloted stealth /
UAV) of is actively maneuvering = 0.9 / 0.8.
The 9M96E medium range missile (40 km), flying altitude 20 km, weight 333 kg. Active radar homing head.
The 9M96(not for exporting) medium range missile. Range more 120 km, a high probability of target destruction 1 rocket
(0.9 for the aircraft and UAV maneuvering – 0.cool. Can maneuver at a height of 35 km with an overload of more than 20 g,which greatly increases the efficiency of destruction of ballistic missiles medium and short range
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-400_(missile) this link is from the official web page of [b]Almaz-Antey[b/] - the official designer of S-400 SAM.
http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-S-400-Triumf.html

what is your point here? - America used cruise missile during Gulf war in 1991 and Russian klub family cruise missile was recently used.
lolz, I couldn't help but laugh
Pantsir is a short/medium range SAM.
lwkm!! Why should I be afraid of S-500 when my F-x jet and B3-LRSB are in production. Bro you need to catch up please

F22 obsolete? Lwkmd!! . Name one fighter jet in the world that is in operation which can match obsolete F22.
More importantly, kindly show me a link where a renowned analyst commented that S-400 will bring down F-22. Jokes apart, I really need to read it cus I want to get some info, please.
Phased radar and wicked EWS makes stealth tech obsolete, i trust you knew that.

Below....
No be me analyse am oooo...
Na from their side o...

http://www.nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/are-us-fighter-jets-about-become-obsolete-12612

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/04/pentagon-worries-that-russia-can-now-outshoot-u-s-stealth-jets.html

http://in.rbth.com/blogs/2015/03/11/how_russias_s-400_makes_the_f-35_obsolete_41895

and i want to believe you do know all the multiple problems of this planes? How all would-be buyers are pulling off the deals?

I gave you an example using the kalibr that was officially acclaimed to have 300-500km, which later turns out to be capable of travelling more than 2000km/900 miles, and how does it concern US firing cruise missiles in Gulf or what? The point here is '' under reporting'', or how should we manage the kalibr issue in relation to other Russian SAMs with such acclaimed official range? grin

and by the way, i read up in the thread where you posited that a 5th generational fighter jet still can possess 4th generational stealthiness. Pls, which 4th generational fighter have stealth technology? I would like to know. Or was it a blunder on ur part?

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by NairaMinted: 6:00am On Nov 25, 2015
Turkish intelligence chief: ISIS is a reality and we must stop Putin from crushing the Islamic revolution

November 24, 2015

AWD News

Posted October 18, 2015

Turkish intelligence chief: Putin's intervention in Syria is against Islam and international law, ISIS is a reality and we are optimistic about the future

Ankara--- Hakan Fidan, the head of Turkey's National Intelligence Organization, known by the MİT acronym, has drawn a lot of attention and criticism for his controversial comments about ISIS.

Mr. Hakan Fidan, Turkish President's staunchest ally, condemned Russian military intervention in Syria, accusing Moscow of trying to 'smother' Syria's Islamist revolution and serious breach of United Nations law.

“ISIS is a reality and we have to accept that we cannot eradicate a well-organized and popular establishment such as the Islamic State; therefore I urge my western colleagues to revise their mindset about Islamic political currents, put aside their cynical mentalité and thwart Vladimir Putin's plans to crush Syrian Islamist revolutionaries,” - Anadolu News Agency quoted Mr. Fidan as saying on Sunday.

Fidan further added that in order to deal with the vast number of foreign Jihadists craving to travel to Syria, it is imperative that ISIS must set up a consulate or at least a political office in Istanbul. He underlined that it is Turkey’s firm belief to provide medical care for all injured people fleeing Russian ruthless airstrikes regardless of their political or religious affiliation.

Recently as the fierce clashes between Russian army and ISIS terrorists are raging across the war-torn Syria, countless number of ISIS injured fighters enter the Turkish territory and are being admitted in the military hospitals namely those in Hatay Province. Over the last few days, the Syrian army with the support of Russian air cover could fend off ISIS forces in strategic provinces of Homs and Hama.

Emile Hokayem, a Washington-based Middle East analyst said that Turkey's Erdoğan and his oil-rich Arab allies have dual agendas in the war on terror and as a matter of fact they are supplying the Islamist militants with weapons and money, thus Russian intervention is considered a devastating setback for their efforts to overthrow Syrian secular President Assad.

Hokayem who was speaking via Skype from Washington, D.C. highlighted the danger of Turkish-backed terrorist groups and added that what is happening in Syria cannot be categorized as a genuine and popular revolution against dictatorship but rather it is a chaos orchestrated by Erdoğan who is dreaming to revive this ancestor's infamous Ottoman Empire.

Wiki: In 2014, voice recordings, where Hakan Fidan, foreign minister Davutoğlu, Deputy Chief of Staff, Lt. Gen. Yasar Güler, and other military personnel discusses a potential false flag incursion into Syria, was leaked to YouTube and shared across Twitter. The event resulted in the Turkish government blocking access to Twitter, then YouTube, and finally the DNS servers of Google DNS and OpenDNS.[10] In the voice recording, he is heard saying, to a military personnel, "... [i]f legitimacy [of a possible incursion into Syria] is an issue, I can simply send a few men there [across the Syria-Turkey border] and have them launch missiles over to us. Legitimacy is not a problem. Legitimacy can be manufactured." Seymour Hersh later linked what was said in this leaked meeting with CIA-Erdoğan dealings on Syria

3 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by rexbuton: 6:17am On Nov 25, 2015
Appleyard:
Yes, i can tell you. It was done in a time, date and place called Mazeltov....gringringrin
cheesy
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by NairaMinted: 6:20am On Nov 25, 2015
all4naija:

They are moderate rebels!

Moderates you say? Ok na!

Explain this then:

"We’re talking four or five."Some laughably candid figures provided by the head of US Central Command General Lloyd Austin September 2015, to the US Senate’s Armed Forces Committee when asked how many US-trained moderate fighters are operating in Syria

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by badman007(m): 6:39am On Nov 25, 2015
How much more proof do we need to show that turkey and Nato are the real terrorists?

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by iblawi(m): 6:48am On Nov 25, 2015
989900:
Russia is 'wayyy' overrated.

Russia is way underrated and they proved it severally, even in the war against ISIS.

4 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by NairaMinted: 6:55am On Nov 25, 2015
all4naija:

They are moderate rebels!

all4naija:

It is not ISIS. It is referred to as Turkmen brigade.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/turkey/12013935/Who-are-the-Turkmen.html

[size=18pt]Who are the Turkmen that are reported to have killed two Russian pilots?[/size]
Downing of Russian jet throws spotlight on ethnic Turkish minority fighting with Syria's rebels

A Turkmen soldier with a machine gun is seen as taking aim in the Bayirbucak region in northern Latakia province of Syria Photo: Anadolu Agency/Getty Images
By Louisa Loveluck and Richard Spencer4:20PM GMT 24 Nov 2015
The downing of a Russian fighter jet on Syria’s Mount Turkmen has thrown the spotlight on to its inhabitants, part of the broader Turkmen community that stretches across northern Syria and Iraq.
In Syria the Turkmen, who are linguistically and ethnically Turkish, live alongside Arabs and Kurds, but have mostly aligned with non-jihadist anti-Assad rebel groups.

They historically objected to the Arab nationalism of the Assad regime’s Baath party, which stressed assimilation to the Arab language and culture. In turn, the regime has frequently regarded them as a fifth column working in favour of Ankara.
Around a dozen Turkmen militias have formed, some directly supported by the Turkish government. It is one of these, Alwiya al-Ashar, that is reportedly holding one of Russia's downed pilots.

They have been fighting alongside other rebel groups, including the al-Qaeda affiliate Jabhat al-Nusra[ and more moderate brigades, in Latakia province which runs to the sea along the Turkish border in the north-west.
In recent days, thousands of civilians have fled over the border, saying they feared Russian bombing raids in support of regime forces in the area. Another 5,000 arrived at a refugee camp at Arfali, on the Syrian side of the border.
According to the governor of the Turkish province of Hatay, Ercan Topaca, 28 civilians arrived injured and one died in hospital.
The clash that led to the downing of the Russian jet today may be connected to that fighting.
Alwiya al-Ashar is linked to a Turkish and CIA-backed logistics supply programme that funnels a near-constant stream of small arms, ammunition, and cash for salaries to rebel groups across northern Syria.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by HomoDroid(m): 6:57am On Nov 25, 2015
I strongly feel Putin is too much of a chess player to deal directly with this Turkish 'aggression' Every chess player understands that 'the threat is always stronger than its execution'. He will only use the incidence to ostracize those behind the ISIS putsch.

The real danger is that there may soon come a direct aggression against the USA who is currently the troubler of the entire world by its selfish, arrogant and hypocritical policies. The good book predicted the coming of this event in the last days for those industrious enough to study and intelligent enough to understand.

The incidences leading to the end-time apocalypse are almost complete. For those who care, this is the time to forsake all evil in hope of acceptance by The Creator!

A weapon of indignation is in the making, which will sort out all these skirmishes, just like the atom bomb did. The full cycle is here just because of the greed of mankind and lack of filial love for one another.

Russia is fighting for her economic survival and has identified the real enemy, who produces little consumer goods but controls the world economy with her dollar.

The war will pitch Russia, China and the emerging economies agianst the USA and a few NATO Allies.

Watch and PRAY!

4 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by F22RAPTOR(m): 8:41am On Nov 25, 2015
mazeltov:

who is this man comparing Flanker-F with F22 again? Where did you crawl from?
Ok, I have your antidote with me. Now open the book of
http://m.indiatimes.com/international/worlds-7-best-jet-fighters-12335.html and read it thoroughly, then you will know that you have been bluffing and completely lost in pool of self illusion.
Incase you are not satisfied with the one up there, please kindly go to
http://alltoptens.com/top-ten-fighter-jets-in-the-world/ and emancipate your ignorance and I swear you will come back and thank me.
Lolzz, he said that I'm bluffing, ok take this one as jara http://usmilitary.about.com/od/fighter/a/f22raptor.htm and don't forget to review http://www.wonderslist.com/10-incredibly-advanced-jet-fighters/ before you sleep
NOTE: Please don't reply me until you fully read the contents of those links that I gave you - make sure that you read them very well because I am going to ask you some questions about what you read and don't bother yourself to thank me, what are friends for!! Gooooood night sir
someone mentioned my moniker. thanks for the reply. saved me a lot of time and energy. i am tired of people who undermine the capability of this awesome piece of hardware. a comprehensive lecture would have sufficed, but that wouldn't be required anymore. thanks again.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 8:54am On Nov 25, 2015
Appleyard:
Stop arguing about stealth tech here. See forget about anything stealthy. No high-end tech in stealth. F22 doesn't rely on Stealth but has [b]Passive radar systems also referred to as passive coherent location and passive covert radar encompass a class of radar systems that detect and track objects by processing reflections from non-cooperative
sources of illumination in the environment, such as commercial broadcast and communications signals. It is a specific case
of bistatic radar, the latter also including the exploitation of cooperative and non-cooperative radar transmitters from the ground. What does this mean to you. Any weapon using radar always emit signal and passive radar is there to pick it up. Also its AN/APG-77 radar features a low-observable, active-aperture, electronically scanned array that can track multiple targets under any weather conditions. Radar emissions can also be focused to overload enemy sensors as an electronic-attack capability. The radar changes frequencies more than 1,000 times per second to lower interception probability and
has an estimated range of 125–150 miles, though planned upgrades will allow a range
to be more in narrow beams. Radar information is processed by two Raytheon Common Integrated Processor (CIP)s, each capable of processing up to 10.5 billion instructions per second. In a process known as sensor fusion, data from the radar, other sensors, and external systems is filtered and combined by the CIP into a common view, reducing pilot workload[b]
Talk of Phased array on S-400? Yes growler has such radar but the range of S-400 radar is about 600km. I challenge you to post a link where it was said S-400 radar range is beyond 600km

Below....

Appleyard:
http://www.nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/are-us-fighter-jets-about-become-obsolete-12612

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/04/pentagon-worries-that-russia-can-now-outshoot-u-s-stealth-jets.html

http://in.rbth.com/blogs/2015/03/11/how_russias_s-400_makes_the_f-35_obsolete_41895
lolzz, honestly you are funny. Well I only opened the first link whaic talks how America finks F22 is now obsolete when they are into production of SR-72 hypersonic jet and they intend to mount lasar weapon on all of their fighter jets. Maybe you should sit down and read the content of link again. Until you tell me any enemy's aircraft currently in operation that can match F22 then I would believe you. You even went ahead to post F35 link to me, lol

Appleyard:
i want to believe you do know all the multiple problems of this planes? How all would-be buyers are pulling off the deals?
which deal my brother? America doesn't allow the exportation of F22 to any Nato country let alone shipping them to NMMA allies. Even I doubt if Isreal has F22, why? Because America doesn't want any country to use reverse tech to unveil the secret of that jet. I can boldy tell you that America prefer to sell F35 than for them to sell F22 and they have placed ban export under American federal on september 2006 to protact its high-tech features and entire technology. And you know what? America has stop the production of F22 many years ago due to its high cost of production and maintainance and it is too expensive to be bought by any country. In April, year 2009, Obama called for endind production of F22.
Which problem? All fighter jets always encounter problems during their test flight - even the almighty F35 has also crashed before. Is it the lingering respiratory problems which was dicovered during the testing flight which was detected and solved in year 2011?

Appleyard:
i read up in the thread where you posited that a 5th generational fighter jet still can possess 4th generational stealthiness. Pls, which 4th generational fighter have stealth technology? I would like to know. Or was it a blunder on ur part?
It's not a blunder, it is simply inability of some readers to read and understand. Yes F22 is a 5th generation jet that which carries 4th generation stealth capabiliy not 4th generation fighter jet capability- I am sure that you are a student and you can easily understand and differentiate between the two. The fourth generation stealth is being used in terms of grade. you need to understand how Stealth and radar technology work together.
For example, the stealth capabilty of SR-71 is not the same with F-117, and the stealthiness of F-117 is not as sophisticated as that of F-35.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 9:02am On Nov 25, 2015
Appleyard:
Stop arguing about stealth tech here. See forget about anything stealthy. No high-end tech in stealth. F22 doesn't rely on Stealth but has [b]Passive radar systems also referred to as passive coherent location and passive covert radar encompass a class of radar systems that detect and track objects by processing reflections from non-cooperative
sources of illumination in the environment, such as commercial broadcast and communications signals. It is a specific case
of bistatic radar, the latter also including the exploitation of cooperative and non-cooperative radar transmitters from the ground. What does this mean to you. Any weapon using radar always emit signal and passive radar is there to pick it up. Also its AN/APG-77 radar features a low-observable, active-aperture, electronically scanned array that can track multiple targets under any weather conditions. Radar emissions can also be focused to overload enemy sensors as an electronic-attack capability. The radar changes frequencies more than 1,000 times per second to lower interception probability and
has an estimated range of 125–150 miles, though planned upgrades will allow a range
to be more in narrow beams. Radar information is processed by two Raytheon Common Integrated Processor (CIP)s, each capable of processing up to 10.5 billion instructions per second. In a process known as sensor fusion, data from the radar, other sensors, and external systems is filtered and combined by the CIP into a common view, reducing pilot workload[b]
Talk of Phased array on S-400? Yes growler has such radar but the range of S-400 radar is about 600km. I challenge you to post a link where it was said S-400 radar range is beyond 600km

Below....

Appleyard:

lolzz, honestly you are funny. Well I only opened the first link whaic talks how America finks F22 is now obsolete when they are into production of SR-72 hypersonic jet and they intend to mount lasar weapon on all of their fighter jets. Maybe you should sit down and read the content of link again. Until you tell me any enemy's aircraft currently in operation that can match F22 then I would believe you. You even went ahead to post F35 link to me, lol

Appleyard:
i want to believe you do know all the multiple problems of this planes? How all would-be buyers are pulling off the deals?
which deal my brother? America doesn't allow the exportation of F22 to any Nato country let alone shipping them to NMMA allies. Even I doubt if Isreal has F22, why? Because America doesn't want any country to use reverse tech to unveil the secret of that jet. I can boldy tell you that America prefer to sell F35 than for them to sell F22 and they have placed ban export under American federal on september 2006 to protact its high-tech features and entire technology. And you know what? America has stop the production of F22 many years ago due to its high cost of production and maintainance and it is too expensive to be bought by any country. In April, year 2009, Obama called for endind production of F22.
Which problem? All fighter jets always encounter problems during their test flight - even the almighty F35 has also crashed before. Is it the lingering respiratory problems which was dicovered during the testing flight which was detected and solved in year 2011?

Appleyard:
i read up in the thread where you posited that a 5th generational fighter jet still can possess 4th generational stealthiness. Pls, which 4th generational fighter have stealth technology? I would like to know. Or was it a blunder on ur part?
It's not a blunder, it is simply inability of some readers to read and understand. Yes F22 is a 5th generation jet that which carries 4th generation stealth capabiliy not 4th generation fighter jet capability- I am sure that you are a student and you can easily understand and differentiate between the two. The fourth generation stealth is being used in terms of grade. you need to understand how Stealth and radar technology work together.
For example, the stealth capabilty of SR-71 is not the same with F-117, and the stealthiness of F-117 is not as sophisticated as that of F-35 or even F22

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 9:07am On Nov 25, 2015
F22RAPTOR:

someone mentioned my moniker. thanks for the reply. saved me a lot of time and energy. i am tired of people who undermine the capability of this awesome piece of hardware. a comprehensive lecture would have sufficed, but that wouldn't be required anymore. thanks again.
Lol, I don tired for them o. I thought I have seen wonders until someone came from God knows where and started comparing F22 with Su-37, can you imagine?

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 9:08am On Nov 25, 2015
F22RAPTOR:

Lol, I don tired for them o. I thought I have seen wonders until someone came from God knows where and started comparing F22 with Su-37, can you imagine? .
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by freshcvvs: 9:17am On Nov 25, 2015
mazeltov:
Lol, I don tired for them o. I thought I have seen wonders until someone came from God knows where and started comparing F22 with Su-37, can you imagine? .

We are still waiting for the source o.

When did UK shoot down Russian jet?

Date and where.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 9:36am On Nov 25, 2015
freshcvvs:

Date and where.

Thanks
take a seat. Tell him to tell me when Russia deployed grave stone to syria then I will answer you.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Ayt27(m): 9:50am On Nov 25, 2015
alexis007:
Everything must be linked to the Bible.

Bros, are you serious?So it's no longer Obama again

Next time I watch Erdogan on t.v., I would look out for horns on his head and the 'mark' on his forehead.

Bros I tire ooo, more than 10 people don collect anti-christ title in the last 15 years. The qualification is just be a world power leader or oppose a world power leader. I won't be surprised if Vladmir becomes the next anti-christ.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Bsc(m): 9:51am On Nov 25, 2015
bonechamberlain:

why would he step down, who instigated the crisis in his country, was it not the west because the dint want him. Assad has always said he would step down if Syrians don't need him again and not some rag rag rebels and terrorist sponsored by America and its allies.
U know book bro.. Same thing that happened in libya.. And Nato killed Gaddaffi..today where is libya? Turkey did this because they believe NATO is fully behind them. France was attacked because Hollande saw some senses in fighting IsIS the Puttins way.. Waiting to hear from the world most powerful man. God save Ankara.

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 25, 2015
F22RAPTOR:

This list is rubbish http://www.wonderslist.com/10-incredibly-advanced-jet-fighters/

Raptor remains the number one jet fighter but do not forget the PAK-FA
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by MrDude: 10:15am On Nov 25, 2015
No doubt Russia will surely pay back. I mean no fucccking hell to the no, Rossiya will surely pay back. Putin is a very calculative man. No way Turkey can just go 'unattended' to like that grin This was how WW1 started like play play after the Austrian Archbishop was murdered, this thing can turn into a full blown war, and you know what and who get what - Nuclear warhead. Rossiya grin

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by NairaMinted: 10:24am On Nov 25, 2015
Yup, pretty much sums up the facade surrounding ISIS. Only that I would squeeze in British, Saudi, Turkish and Qatari flags in there too.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Ayt27(m): 10:32am On Nov 25, 2015
A NATO country has not shot down a russian jet since the cold war, thereby escalating international tensions, at any rate the russians claim their jet did not violate turkish airspace, putin says the jet was 0.6 miles(1km) into the syrian border when it was shot down.

It's obvious the turks and a large part of the west wants definitely funding Isis, America and its allies have been struggling to contain Russia’s influence in Syria and persuade Moscow to play a more constructive role in targeting Islamic State fighters but Russia has resisted efforts to shift its strategy in support of Syrian al-Assad, whom the West wants out of power. Washington sides with the fvckin Turks to protect it's sovereignity over it's airspace,
Russia probably violated Turkey's airspace and they didn't forsee the end result, an interception at most but downing the fighter jet, that's another ball game. I believe the last thing NATO wants is a conflict with Russia especially with everything else going on, Turkey is already cowering in her pants with full blown security steps, Russia's best shot at payback would be covert ops. If indeed the Kremlin decides to pay back in kind NATO would be forced to stand behind Turkey.

American and Russia are still going to go to war, maybe 50,100 years from now or even less, but it's going to happen.

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Ayt27(m): 10:42am On Nov 25, 2015
NairaMinted:
Yup, pretty much sums up the facade surrounding ISIS. Only that I would squeeze in British, Saudi, Turkish and Qatari flags in there too.

If there's one thing I'm sure of it's Saudi, there's no way in hell they don't have a say in ISIS. They'll come out and condemn the actions of ISIS, then go back to their palaces and do Internet Banking to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi account.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 25, 2015
freshcvvs:

Date and where.

Thanks

He only babbles. No such incident happened and Turkey is the first to do that after the 1950s. GB and Russia were allies during WWII

Fact 1: Apart form the US armed forces no other military in NATO can match the Russian military.

Fact 2: Use of military force by NATO in support of a member can be hindered by the parliament of a NATO nation.

Fact 3: Europe does not want war with any nuclear nation. US may gamble a war with a nuclear nation but that's unlikely.

Fact 4: In a nuclear war nobody will truly win.

4 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 25, 2015
belabela:

He only babbles. No such incident happened and Turkey is the first to do that after the 1950s. GB and Russia were allies during WWII

Fact 1: Apart form the US armed forces no other military in NATO can match the Russian military.

Fact 2: Use of military force by NATO in support of a member can be hindered by the parliament of a NATO nation.

Fact 3: Europe does not want war with any nuclear nation. US may gamble a war with a nuclear nation but that's unlikely.

Fact 4: In a nuclear war nobody will truly win.

Let's pray it doesn't escalate. It will be the end of the world angry

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 11:29am On Nov 25, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

This list is rubbish http://www.wonderslist.com/10-incredibly-advanced-jet-fighters/

Raptor remains the number one jet fighter but do not forget the PAK-FA
PAK-FA is still in production level - it is intended to match Raptor in capabilty when it is in full operation, well that depends on if Russia has money to finance its mass production. Such aircraft are always difficult to maintain, Raptors' production has been cancle'd long time ago due to its high c.o.p ; little wonder why India is re-weighing its plan on the purchase of the jet. But for now, the only birds dominating the sky is Raptor
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 11:32am On Nov 25, 2015
MrDude:
No doubt Russia will surely pay back. I mean no fucccking hell to the no, Rossiya will surely pay back. Putin is a very calculative man. No way Turkey can just go 'unattended' to like that grin This was how WW1 started like play play after the Austrian Archbishop was murdered, this thing can turn into a full blown war, and you know what and who get what - Nuclear warhead. Rossiya grin
Russia has many options of paying back that using a military approach, I heard Turkey depends on Russian gas, cut off the pipe and see Turkey begging
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by freshcvvs: 11:55am On Nov 25, 2015
mazeltov:
take a seat. Tell him to tell me when Russia deployed grave stone to syria then I will answer you.

What a weak attempt.

You made your assertion first and we are waiting to learn from you.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
mazeltov:

PAK-FA is still in production level - it is intended to match Raptor in capabilty when it is in full operation, well that depends on if Russia has money to finance its mass production. Such aircraft are always difficult to maintain, Raptors' production has been cancle'd long time ago due to its high c.o.p ; little wonder why India is re-weighing its plan on the purchase of the jet. But for now, the only birds dominating the sky is Raptor

I believe Raptor's production was canceled due to the high cost of the aircraft (They funded it), a lack of clear air-to-air missions, delays in Russian and Chinese fighter programs, a ban on exports, and development of the lightning II $1.3 trillion project funded by US, Norway, Australia, Canada and some NATO members. Russia will finance the PAK-FA with the help of China and Assad (One of the reasons he's in Syria $$$$) because if there's anything Putin wants, it's the technology advancement of his military.
Did you know the F35 helmet costs a whooping $400,000? Wow!!
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
MrDude:

Russia will prolly shoot down any Turkish jet flying over Syrian airspace. Sergey Rudskoi already confirmed all targets representing a potential threat will be destroyed.

I doubt this will turn into a full-out war but if it does, I guess we should spend our remaining days grieving because no one will come out alive. Not even Putin or Obioma

*Mod*
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
freshcvvs:

What a weak attempt.

You made your assertion first and we are waiting to learn from you.
Yes,
admittedly!!! it was an solecism on my side - [b]I wanted to make reference to when an American Navy Grumman Panther down Russian MIGs 15 and this was the last time Russian jet was shot by Us/Nato apart from .....
www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/russia-demands-explanation-after-newspaper-reports-british-planes
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 1:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

I believe Raptor's production was canceled due to the high cost of the aircraft (They funded it), a lack of clear air-to-air missions, delays in Russian and Chinese fighter programs, a ban on exports, and development of the lightning II $1.3 trillion project funded by US, Norway, Australia, Canada and some NATO members. Russia will finance the PAK-FA with the help of China and Assad (One of the reasons he's in Syria $$$$) because if there's anything Putin wants, it's the technology advancement of his military.
Did you know the F35 helmet costs a whooping $400,000? Wow!!

You are right, One of the reason why ban was placed on sales of Raptor is because America value that Hardware, as I see it, they even prefer to sell lightning to Natos than for them to sell that Raptor. And for Lightning, it is just an expensive metal which has come under heavy criticism. You can imagine a 5th generation jet that can't survive against growler, it didn't even win a dog fight with F-16. But I once read it somewhere that Lockheed are still developing the jet so it is not fully operational, who knows? F35 is a good idea but not a good project but if they can solve its major, it's gon' be the most advanced fighter jet

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Donald Trump Leaves The White House For Last Time As President / America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole / Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.