Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel (56611 Views)

Big Cobra Killed In Unilorin’s Female Hostel, After Months Of Cohabitation / Check Out Our Hostel For Ijmb Programme / Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by topsyking: 11:48am On Nov 25, 2015
this senseless killing of african wildlife animal ust stop; the necesary body for the protection of wildlife animal must rise up from their sleep and save the future of nigeria wildlife animal before the most rare ones goes extinct
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by MrGoc(m): 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
#killandchop
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Baroba(m): 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Killers.

What's this craze of Nigerians killing anything they see?

How does this precious animal pose a threat to those that killed it?

They killed it plus destroyed the future of its eggs.

There's a serious threat against animals in this country,every unidentifiable creeping,crawling,flying creature is up for kill,it's a very barbaric act that needs to be stopped.The other day it was snake,a few months back,a rare species of ocelot was murdered,today,this is killed and it's yet to be laid eggs destroyed as well.

We need a serious Animal Protection/Conservation Authority to handle this growing menace.Nigerians are endangering many animals on daily basis with how they kill them.

Complete and utter madness.... cry cry ...
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by bannon: 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
It's either a monitor lizard or a small Komodo cheesy[color=#000000][/color]
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by mrZENographer: 12:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
dazzlingd:
You murderers..

you jst killed a mother..

her kids were waiting to be born, poor innocent kids.
The mother lizard was waiting to see her unborn kids, the joy in her heart to become a mother.

It came out jst to feed and go back to itz resting spot....but u and your wicked friends hunted it...

if only it could talk and beg for itz innocent life.

u spotted it out for your fellow murderers.

hit the poor defenceless awaiting mother, burnt it, then ate it....

You're just have a minature viewof what ritualist do to their victims. It's real.
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by 400billionman: 1:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
Psalmpy:
I have never seen something like this before in my life.
The animal couldn't even run as normal only God knows what it had swallowed.
I went in to call my friends and they all came out with heavy planks and machete.
They eventually killed it.

Thou shall not kill..
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by stevLegend: 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
It is called 'pheotical awenio' it breeds for the lines of Aligator. It's not advisable to eat due to its calm & unharmly nature. Superstitious beliefs has it dat it depicts gud omen anywhr it's seen.
Pls, dnt just hurriedly kill evrytin always. Mostly, wen they do not pose a threat/danger to u.
They also deserve to live.

1 Like

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Movicq(m): 1:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
ENDTIME....... NO PEACE FOR D WICKED!
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by mharita2015(f): 1:58pm On Nov 25, 2015
That is a MONITOR LIZARD nothing sinister about it, just another mammal on earth. undecided
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
mharita2015:
That is a MONITOR LIZARD nothing sinister about it, just another mammal on earth. undecided

Mammals don't lay eggs.

2 Likes

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by akhis: 2:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
kodded:

undecided undecided

Should they keep it so it becomes familiar

na wa o

we are quick to kill anything that looks strange

undecided undecided

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:08pm On Nov 25, 2015
See dem, see them! Forming animal rights activist. How many of you commenting are vegetarians?, most of Y'all eat pork,chicken,fish,cow,goat,bushrat etc. You no get human rights for country, You cannot stand up for the Unjust killing and arrest by our forces on individuals, you cannot stand up for the shady happenings in ur workplace. In a country where poverty level is bout 65% u dey ask them why them no go kill am chop? Abeg park one side! Even bible says: Genesis 1:30 "And to every wild animal, bird in
the air and creature crawling on the earth, in
which there is a living soul, I am giving as food
every kind of green plant."
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
The best thing is for us all to be vegetarians.

I will soon open a thread to give you all the benefits of being a vegetarian (from my experience as a vegetarian).
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by mysticgal(f): 2:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
Nina4u:
thats so grosse ...seriously ...when i don entered naija i go b vegetarian for real ...ud never know what u go eat ...u order chicken and get bat meat ...or beef peppersoup u go eat snake ..na wa for me oooo if i dont see am chop the head of the chicken i no go buy am ....
Outside my house, I eat only fish. No time to eat crazy reptiles
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by IamAtribalist: 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2015
Jalinco:
The guys should eat it, whether it is lisad or lihappiness or whether igunana or igunijeta the bible says: mase je ki ohunkohun ki o segbe.
OP please confirm the eggs were also pepper-souped ?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by christejames(m): 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hafizza:

Naah! That is not an Iguana. I don't think we have those in Africa. I hope someone's stepmother isn't missing after being roasted at a hostel #joke
lol! ...thanks for the correction anyways.

1 Like

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by repogirl(f): 4:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
Gosh, why did I read this?? embarassed Now I can't eat anymore and I seriously need to puke! embarassed
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by tsola4great: 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
Its monitor lizard which is erroneously called iguana in naija. It could actually grow bigger than the u guys killed.
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Mokuwe: 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
That is a typical Iguana.

Things to know about Iguana
An Iguana is a genus of the Lizard family. An herbivorous lizard with spiny crest along its back to the tail.
The Iguana has a third eye on their head, which is used to regulate hormone production instead of their vision.
Iguana stats and facts
1. Weight: Up to 20lbs
2. Length: Up to 1.5 meters
3. Lifesapn: 12 - 15 years
4 Habitat: Tropical rainforests
5: Diet: The Iguana are herbivores eating mainly flowers, trees, grass and ferns.

Iguana have excellent vision
Females lay their eges about 65 days after makting
Basking is important for Iguana to increase boby temperature and aid digestion
The collective name for a group is a Lounge
Male are called Bulls
Females are called Cows
Names given to babies are Hatchings.

Come ma village you go see them for farm.
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by passionz(f): 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2015
killing strange animal!!! let it not turn to the movie ATTACK THE BLOCK ! its sha an end time Animal

1 Like

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by tosyne2much(m): 6:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
NOBODYY:
Nigerians eat practically everything they kill...
Next thing You'll hear is "soup don Land"
hahahahaha rlfkwmd lmao cheesy
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by forevermine: 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
Later people will be wondering why or how Ebola resurfaces. This is one of them. How people just get up and consume meat of a questionable source baffles me.
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by mrjojo: 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
Why una no kuku use the egg do eggroll? cheesy
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Xynthialuvy(f): 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
kodded:
good morning smiley
. Same here. How u?
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by tonero63: 8:31pm On Nov 25, 2015
U guys killd a komodo dragon
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Psalmpy(m): 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
Chukzyfcb:
See dem, see them! Forming animal rights activist. How many of you commenting are vegetarians?, most of Y'all eat pork,chicken,fish,cow,goat,bushrat etc. You no get human rights for country, You cannot stand up for the Unjust killing and arrest by our forces on individuals, you cannot stand up for the shady happenings in ur workplace. In a country where poverty level is bout 65% u dey ask them why them no go kill am chop? Abeg park one side! Even bible says: Genesis 1:30 "And to every wild animal, bird in
the air and creature crawling on the earth, in
which there is a living soul, I am giving as food
every kind of green plant."
Thanks for this
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by spiralwedge(m): 11:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Killers.

There's a serious threat against animals in this country,every unidentifiable creeping,crawling,flying creature is up for kill,it's a very barbaric act that needs to be stopped.The other day it was snake,a few months back,a rare species of ocelot was murdered,today,this is killed and it's yet to be laid eggs destroyed as well.

We need a serious Animal Protection/Conservation Authority to handle this growing menace.Nigerians are endangering many animals on daily basis with how they kill them.

Bros e, give me your address make i come drop about a dozen snakes there.. I wan learn from you.
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Adebolade(m): 12:51am On Nov 26, 2015
folksync:

Mammals don't lay eggs.
actually we have mammals that lay egg n monotreeme (playtus). But this particular is a reptile cuz it posses scale.
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Yungknyyght(m): 3:12am On Nov 26, 2015
Even after ebola virus we haven't learnt anytin
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Kirinwa: 4:39am On Nov 26, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Killers.

While I share your feelings.
I also wonder if you care to know that one of the reasons why this killing is done is because of the level of poverty and hunger that our youths have been reduced to in current times. Their parents and guardians are being owed arrears of salaries. Do you want them to starve? Do you know how eating this meat has seen them to another day?
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by tsola4great: 7:49am On Nov 26, 2015
Search 4 monitor lizard pics in Google for enlightenment. I usually catch it using hook and either snail or meat as bait. Its a very sweet meat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JAMB Regularization Procedure - How To Process It Yourself / Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire / Cornell University Student Strips In Class To Defend Her Presentation In NewYork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.