Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment (25238 Views)

Stranded Nigerians In Russia Are Back In Abuja (photo) / Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic / Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by afembaba(f): 10:35am On Sep 29, 2016
Please I need help on accommodation nd also how to get d quick quick job in any good state in turkey
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Preye8888(m): 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
afembaba:
Please I need help on accommodation nd also how to get d quick quick job in any good state in turkey
bro pls I need a reliable agent dat can help acquire turkish visit visa.
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by worry359(m): 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
Preye8888:
my watsapp 0

We do not like agents on here
and we do not support people using them.
We certainly don't advertise for them.

We see them cause too much misery!
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Molinho: 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
Hello Guys. pls I need info on whether it's possible to acquire Turkish Tourist Visa without having to appear for an interview at the embassy. Someone told me its possible, don't know how true pls help. Thanks a lot. Bless up guys.
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by moreone(m): 5:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
I greet u all. 10 of next month will make it 3 months that i applied for visa and i hv not heard anything about it yet, where as i was told it will be out in 3 weeks to 1 month. pls my question is did anybody here experienced such? pls someone should reply thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Welcomme: 7:12am On Apr 29, 2017
abdulaliyu25:
Will be going to kultur university this February
Baba Na ka Na turkey yanzu?
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
moreone:
I greet u all. 10 of next month will make it 3 months that i applied for visa and i hv not heard anything about it yet, where as i was told it will be out in 3 weeks to 1 month. pls my question is did anybody here experienced such? pls someone should reply thanks.
Which category of visa did you applied for?
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by moreone(m): 12:47am On May 01, 2017
[quote author=fados4sure post=56039199]
Which category of visa did you applied for? ok sir, i'm a novice concerning travelling stuff. i applied for turkey visa. so, i dont really know how my agent will do it. i paid part payment and he collected my passport.
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Nobody: 7:43am On May 01, 2017
cc: moreone
You have been warn several time not to use agent

You may want to know that all Turkish visa i have applied for took 24 hours for them to issue the visa

My opinion probably could be that your so called agent didn't submit your passport
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Everest1989(m): 5:35pm On May 01, 2017
please is there any low tuition fee university in turkey?
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Nobody: 11:49am On May 02, 2017
Everest1989:
please is there any low tuition fee university in turkey?
Bogazici university Istanbul ranges frm 1100TL to 1500TL which is #95000 to #130000
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Aaronsrod: 9:17pm On May 02, 2017
Be very careful my broda. Dont go there to hustle. Hundreds of Nigerians languish at this moment in jails just like this all over Turkey. You will dream of Kirikiri.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Everest1989(m): 10:00pm On May 02, 2017
fados4sure:

Bogazici university Istanbul ranges frm 1100TL to 1500TL which is #95000 to #130000
thanks...is student job easy to get while studying?
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Nobody: 11:10am On May 03, 2017
Everest1989:

thanks...is student job easy to get while studying?
What do you mean by student job?

Construction work is easy to get & the last time i was there, they pay 50TL which #4800 per day

Their minimum wage is per day not per hour
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Nobody: 11:17am On May 03, 2017
Aaronsrod:
Be very careful my broda. Dont go there to hustle. Hundreds of Nigerians languish at this moment in jails just like this all over Turkey. You will dream of Kirikiri.
Those people you talk about are into fraudulent activities like scamming, drug & prostitution.

You may want to know that i travelled to Turkey almost on bi-quarterly basis & your scenerio is false & deceit

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by ugolinze123(m): 11:47am On May 03, 2017
Preye8888:
ugolinze4luv@gmail.com
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by ugolinze123(m): 11:51am On May 03, 2017
[quote author=moreone post=56084754][/quote]
a lot of fakes out there looking for who to devour please my brothers make una shine una eye abeg
how will somebody tell you to bring just your passport and part payment and you did without asking questions
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Aaronsrod: 1:17pm On May 03, 2017
fados4sure:

Those people you talk about are into fraudulent activities like scamming, drug & prostitution.

You may want to know that i travelled to Turkey almost on bi-quarterly basis & your scenerio is false & deceit

Wrong. 4000 nigerians are in jail there. Even as an honest hardworking Nigerian you will be held in suspicion by the police and immigration.

this is from 5 years ago. Many innocents languish for years in houses of torture.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/4000-nigerians-in-turkey-prisons-ig/

Be very very careful my people.
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Everest1989(m): 1:43pm On May 03, 2017
fados4sure:

What do you mean by student job?

Construction work is easy to get & the last time i was there, they pay 50TL which #4800 per day

Their minimum wage is per day not per hour
thanks man.
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by millionboi(m): 8:23am On Aug 31, 2017
abdulaliyu25:
Will be going to kultur university this February
How is kultur uni?
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by millionboi(m): 8:25am On Aug 31, 2017
optimusprime2:

If you have the money to rent an apartment for a year or two- about 6000$+ depending on the kind of apt, that can facilitate the processing of a resident permit because you signed a tenant contact for a certain duration.
your sponsor is who files for you on this occasion, e.g your Job, your host, your school, your club(if you are a footballer) , your brothel (if you are a love-vendor)... do you understand?
Now consult other threads please
waoo

Great info
Anybody can be my host

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by millionboi(m): 8:27am On Aug 31, 2017
euroboy95:
Bro that won't be easyooo 6000 usd for rent a year just for resident papers,please are you in turkey now,I really want to get more information from you based on the life over their as a hussler.and what's the chances of an african surviving their because of our skin colour and language difference thanks.
yes

Hustle things

You Don move bro?
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by millionboi(m): 8:28am On Aug 31, 2017
toyinsco007:
hello, u dnt ve to rent an apartment to obtain a resident permit just find a flatmate or make a deal wth house called emlak in Turkey by paying for one month rent and his or her own commission to issue a house contract. perhaps u ve to dis as soon as u get n whr re u goin to stay...istanbul, ankara....or which city. hve been in turkey quite sometime now n i knw few things....dey re really beautiful cities to visit in turkey without thinkin of travelin to UK or US....u can find many US n others european countries residing here in Turkey....if u need any further assistance...instagram....ATM_Zamanni007
you are a good man
God bless you
Pls wich business can I do as a Nigerian and how much will it cost me to get kiosk shop.?
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by millionboi(m): 8:38am On Aug 31, 2017
wip7:

First, language will be a major problem that will limit many things for you in Turkey. Depends on the region of Turkey you will be living, some see many blacks as footballer and they will mostly ask you where you come from. If you say Nigeria, they will immediately say Okocha...Many of the locals dont know the difference between Nigeria and Africa, they mostly thought/think Africa is a country where black people live. Some even think Lagos is the only place in Nigeria, while others think Lagos and Nigeria are two countries.

Most popular cities you will find Nigerian are Istanbul, Ankara, Marmara and Izmir!

Living expenses is relatively lower as compared to many European countries, Americas and some Asian countries but sensibly higher than almost all African countries. For instance, a plate of normal food may range between 800 to 3000 naira and a 50 cent litre water goes between 80 to 150 naira depends on brand and location within Turkey. Decent room will range 25k to 50K naira per month excluding bills and with residence card you can easily get cheap payment option for metro and trains.

Wages is lower compared to many European countries but commensurate with the living Expense in Turkey generally. Casual jobs (construction, restaurants, loader, farms etc) pay between 2500 to 4500 naira per day ( these are extremely hard labour and in some cases would require a work permit), while some teaching jobs like those in teaching centers, normal workers in bank, telecom and other organization earn much higher but may require you to have sufficient language knowledge and skills in these region. If you have permanent job teaching in university in Turkey, the wages is quite good and you can apply for Turkish blue passport that allows visa free travel to European and Schengen countries. The normal passport is Red which requires visa to some European and Schengen countries but permanent academics do have access to get blue passport which is visa free to those mentioned earlier. To be employed as permanent Academics, you must in most cases have earned PhD in any field...

Residency Permit types:, there are various permit and note that residence permit does not allow working rights, you must obtain work permit to be considered legal and suitable to work. The work permit application are mostly submitted by the employer on behalf of the employee and you will undergo some medical test and present some credentials. To live legally in Turkey, you have to apply for either short-term residence (up to 1yr), student, family or Long-term residence permit. Each has its own requirements that needs to be met.

In your own case, you may apply for short-term residence permit and must be able to show financial means for the duration you want to apply for, proof of accommodation and be able to convince or show reason why you want to obtain the residence permit. If you decide to enroll into a university or study center, those will provide you student letter and makes the application easier. These applications can be done manually or via online system.

Racism yeah it happens all places and common in countries that their official language is different from yours and in most culture-enshrined and superstitious countries and environments. Racism comes in different forms and scale, you may have to live with it, understand it, proffer solution to it or let go. For instance, lots of Nigerian are racist as some Fulani will kill Igbo cos of cow, some Igbo will not want their daughter or son marry Yoruba cos of Amala and even some Yoruba wont allow marriage of a guy from Kwara to Ijebu due to witch-hunting and some Middle belt people wont eat your food cos you are Muslim while some Igbos wont hug you cos you are not Catholic christian. These may sound like tribal/ethnic stuffs but they are form of racism. So, in Turkey some will hate you cos of your skin, some cos your brother already duped one person or because you speak English and they cant understand. It happens in England, Russia and America as well....so learn to deal with it since it happens in South Africa and Nigeria also.

Hustling (as you termed it) in Turkey, may be difficult if you dont have money for business, rents, legal residence, basic communication skills etc. Cos since wages are low, you may only earn little that can take care of your daily needs. Other things people do their are fraud, drugs and scams; these ones are quick to send you to jail and enhance your death.

Note: Exchange rate of 72 N to TL was taken as conversion rate at the moment of this publication and what is written is my personal opinion culminated from personal experience, knowledge and independent research!
Goodmorning your whatsapp number pls

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by millionboi(m): 8:49am On Aug 31, 2017
fados4sure:

Seriously, i knew. Because he posted same topic in someone's thread 3 weeks ago & i answered him cos, i have visited Istanbul a couple of times & he went ahead & open another thread. That was when i knew something was wrong somewhere
in all it is very helpful
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by millionboi(m): 8:59am On Aug 31, 2017
euroboy95:
just want to ask you bro,if their is genuine someone you can link me up with,that can help me and put me through when I come to turkey plz,you know I can't read or write even hear their language,so JJC is even better than me bro plz try your best thanks.
Goodmornin

Pls can we chat
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by millionboi(m): 9:06am On Aug 31, 2017
fados4sure:
cc: moreone
You have been warn several time not to use agent

You may want to know that all Turkish visa i have applied for took 24 hours for them to issue the visa

My opinion probably could be that your so called agent didn't submit your passport
Goodmorning sir, please I need guideline on how to apply for turkey visa.

I want to come an hustle please which category of visa do I need.
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by millionboi(m): 9:08am On Aug 31, 2017
Aaronsrod:
thats if u involve in illegal business.. .....pls stop typing shit here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by millionboi(m): 9:16am On Aug 31, 2017
fados4sure:

Goodmorning sir
You are doing a great job here and for this good deeds all u do, shall prosper.

Please I need guideline on how to apply for turkey visa.
And since i will be coming to hustle,which type of visa should I apply for?
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 31, 2017
millionboi:
Goodmorning sir
You are doing a great job here and for this good deeds all u do, shall prosper.

Please I need guideline on how to apply for turkey visa.
And since i will be coming to hustle,which type of visa should I apply for?
Good morning & thank you for your kind word

Kindly note that Turkey have the following kind of visa which are:

1; Tourist
2; Business
3; Student
4; Working

And each of the above visa has it own requirement & to work in Turkey, you will need the forth category & to apply for the visa, you need to first have an employment in Turkey, before applying to d consulate & also inform your employer to file an online application to d ministry of labour & social security within 10 business days following d date of candidate application to d consulate
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by millionboi(m): 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2017
fados4sure:

Good morning & thank you for your kind word

Kindly note that Turkey have the following kind of visa which are:

1; Tourist
2; Business
3; Student
4; Working

And each of the above visa has it own requirement & to work in Turkey, you will need the forth category & to apply for the visa, you need to first have an employment in Turkey, before applying to d consulate & also inform your employer to file an online application to d ministry of labour & social security within 10 business days following d date of candidate application to d consulate
thanks for the quick respond.
Please I'm thinking of coming in with tourist visa since I don't have any employer at hand, hope I will be able to get residence permit while I decide on what to do either work or business.

Thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Auto Crash Claims Four Lives In Ondo / Lagos: Conductor vs Passenger Wahala / One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.