Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,592 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment (25237 Views)

Stranded Nigerians In Russia Are Back In Abuja (photo) / Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic / Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by euroboy95: 4:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
I really want to know what's this country is like for a hussler,the minimum wage and how turkish citizens treat black african interms of racism.what's the possiblity of getting a resident permit with a social visit visa,please nigerians in turkey should comment thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by worry359(m): 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
Turkey has just shot down a Russian aircraft!
Putin will either invade or bomb them back into the stone age. grin

Best think of another country.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by euroboy95: 7:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
Bro if you know any info about turkey let me know,I already knew about surian stuff and all the hostilities involve.
worry359:
Turkey has just shot down a Russian aircraft!
Putin will either invade or bomb them back into the stone age. grin

Best think of another country.
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by euroboy95: 6:32am On Nov 26, 2015
My people its really unfair,if some one know something and information about turkey,let him please comment here.thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by worry359(m): 7:36am On Nov 26, 2015
What is unfair is that you come here demanding answers that you could find out by a little research on Google!

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 26, 2015
euroboy95:
Bro if you know any info about turkey let me know,I already knew about surian stuff and all the hostilities involve.

That was how they warned someone i know back then about Syria.

Better look for another country. Russia will soon start pummeling Turkey or create a rebel group to do that for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by euroboy95: 11:10am On Nov 26, 2015
If its what you are praying for,it won't work.The hostilities between the two countries will be resolved soon.
Harbioollah:

That was how they warned someone i know back then about Syria.

Better look for another country. Russia will soon start pummeling Turkey or create a rebel group to do that for them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by euroboy95: 11:12am On Nov 26, 2015
Bro I'm tired of google,I want first hand info from some one that's already their thanks
worry359:
What is unfair is that you come here demanding answers that you could find out by a little research on Google!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by optimusprime2(m): 2:39am On Nov 28, 2015
I wanted to comment, but I just changed my mind.... There are other threads about life in Turkey

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by euroboy95: 6:14am On Nov 28, 2015
Bro those are old threads,I want to know the current happenings over their like getting a residency permit with tourist visa and also general life over their and the economy thanks.
optimusprime2:
I wanted to comment, but I just changed my mind.... There are other threads about life in Turkey
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by optimusprime2(m): 8:36am On Nov 28, 2015
Yeah, you can get a permit. If you rent an apartment for a year/two or you get a sponsor to file for you-if that's your question.
Now consult other threads about Life in Turkey.
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by euroboy95: 8:48am On Nov 28, 2015
optimusprime2:
Yeah, you can get a permit. If you rent an apartment for a year/two or you get a sponsor to file for you-if that's your question.
Now consult other threads about Life in Turkey.
but bro I'm going with a 3months tourist visa,how can I rent an apartment for a year or two,please what can of sponsor is that,will the sponsor be for work permit or married wife or what please explain more on that thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by abdulaliyu25(m): 9:18am On Nov 28, 2015
Will be going to kultur university this February
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by optimusprime2(m): 11:15am On Nov 28, 2015
euroboy95:
but bro I'm going with a 3months tourist visa,how can I rent an apartment for a year or two,please what can of sponsor is that,will the sponsor be for work permit or married wife or what please explain more on that thanks.
If you have the money to rent an apartment for a year or two- about 6000$+ depending on the kind of apt, that can facilitate the processing of a resident permit because you signed a tenant contact for a certain duration.
your sponsor is who files for you on this occasion, e.g your Job, your host, your school, your club(if you are a footballer) , your brothel (if you are a love-vendor)... do you understand?
Now consult other threads please

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by euroboy95: 1:20pm On Nov 29, 2015
Bro that won't be easyooo 6000 usd for rent a year just for resident papers,please are you in turkey now,I really want to get more information from you based on the life over their as a hussler.and what's the chances of an african surviving their because of our skin colour and language difference thanks.
optimusprime2:

If you have the money to rent an apartment for a year or two- about 6000$+ depending on the kind of apt, that can facilitate the processing of a resident permit because you signed a tenant contact for a certain duration.
your sponsor is who files for you on this occasion, e.g your Job, your host, your school, your club(if you are a footballer) , your brothel (if you are a love-vendor)... do you understand?
Now consult other threads please
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by toyinsco007: 3:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
hello, u dnt ve to rent an apartment to obtain a resident permit just find a flatmate or make a deal wth house called emlak in Turkey by paying for one month rent and his or her own commission to issue a house contract. perhaps u ve to dis as soon as u get n whr re u goin to stay...istanbul, ankara....or which city. hve been in turkey quite sometime now n i knw few things....dey re really beautiful cities to visit in turkey without thinkin of travelin to UK or US....u can find many US n others european countries residing here in Turkey....if u need any further assistance...instagram....ATM_Zamanni007
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by wip7: 6:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
euroboy95:
I'm going with a 3months tourist visa

First, language will be a major problem that will limit many things for you in Turkey. Depends on the region of Turkey you will be living, some see many blacks as footballer and they will mostly ask you where you come from. If you say Nigeria, they will immediately say Okocha...Many of the locals dont know the difference between Nigeria and Africa, they mostly thought/think Africa is a country where black people live. Some even think Lagos is the only place in Nigeria, while others think Lagos and Nigeria are two countries.

Most popular cities you will find Nigerian are Istanbul, Ankara, Marmara and Izmir!

Living expenses is relatively lower as compared to many European countries, Americas and some Asian countries but sensibly higher than almost all African countries. For instance, a plate of normal food may range between 800 to 3000 naira and a 50 cent litre water goes between 80 to 150 naira depends on brand and location within Turkey. Decent room will range 25k to 50K naira per month excluding bills and with residence card you can easily get cheap payment option for metro and trains.

Wages is lower compared to many European countries but commensurate with the living Expense in Turkey generally. Casual jobs (construction, restaurants, loader, farms etc) pay between 2500 to 4500 naira per day ( these are extremely hard labour and in some cases would require a work permit), while some teaching jobs like those in teaching centers, normal workers in bank, telecom and other organization earn much higher but may require you to have sufficient language knowledge and skills in these region. If you have permanent job teaching in university in Turkey, the wages is quite good and you can apply for Turkish blue passport that allows visa free travel to European and Schengen countries. The normal passport is Red which requires visa to some European and Schengen countries but permanent academics do have access to get blue passport which is visa free to those mentioned earlier. To be employed as permanent Academics, you must in most cases have earned PhD in any field...

Residency Permit types:, there are various permit and note that residence permit does not allow working rights, you must obtain work permit to be considered legal and suitable to work. The work permit application are mostly submitted by the employer on behalf of the employee and you will undergo some medical test and present some credentials. To live legally in Turkey, you have to apply for either short-term residence (up to 1yr), student, family or Long-term residence permit. Each has its own requirements that needs to be met.

In your own case, you may apply for short-term residence permit and must be able to show financial means for the duration you want to apply for, proof of accommodation and be able to convince or show reason why you want to obtain the residence permit. If you decide to enroll into a university or study center, those will provide you student letter and makes the application easier. These applications can be done manually or via online system.

Racism yeah it happens all places and common in countries that their official language is different from yours and in most culture-enshrined and superstitious countries and environments. Racism comes in different forms and scale, you may have to live with it, understand it, proffer solution to it or let go. For instance, lots of Nigerian are racist as some Fulani will kill Igbo cos of cow, some Igbo will not want their daughter or son marry Yoruba cos of Amala and even some Yoruba wont allow marriage of a guy from Kwara to Ijebu due to witch-hunting and some Middle belt people wont eat your food cos you are Muslim while some Igbos wont hug you cos you are not Catholic christian. These may sound like tribal/ethnic stuffs but they are form of racism. So, in Turkey some will hate you cos of your skin, some cos your brother already duped one person or because you speak English and they cant understand. It happens in England, Russia and America as well....so learn to deal with it since it happens in South Africa and Nigeria also.

Hustling (as you termed it) in Turkey, may be difficult if you dont have money for business, rents, legal residence, basic communication skills etc. Cos since wages are low, you may only earn little that can take care of your daily needs. Other things people do their are fraud, drugs and scams; these ones are quick to send you to jail and enhance your death.

Note: Exchange rate of 72 N to TL was taken as conversion rate at the moment of this publication and what is written is my personal opinion culminated from personal experience, knowledge and independent research!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by basit322(m): 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2015
wip7:

First, language will be a major problem that will limit many things for you in Turkey. Depends on the region of Turkey you will be living, some see many blacks as footballer and they will mostly ask you where you come from. If you say Nigeria, they will immediately say Okocha...Many of the locals dont know the difference between Nigeria and Africa, they mostly thought/think Africa is a country where black people live. Some even think Lagos is the only place in Nigeria, while others think Lagos and Nigeria are two countries.

Most popular cities you will find Nigerian are Istanbul, Ankara, Marmara and Izmir!

Living expenses is relatively lower as compared to many European countries, Americas and some Asian countries but sensibly higher than almost all African countries. For instance, a plate of normal food may range between 800 to 3000 naira and a 50 cent litre water goes between 80 to 150 naira depends on brand and location within Turkey. Decent room will range 25k to 50K naira per month excluding bills and with residence card you can easily get cheap payment option for metro and trains.

Wages is lower compared to many European countries but commensurate with the living Expense in Turkey generally. Casual jobs (construction, restaurants, loader, farms etc) pay between 2500 to 4500 naira per day ( these are extremely hard labour and in some cases would require a work permit), while some teaching jobs like those in teaching centers, normal workers in bank, telecom and other organization earn much higher but may require you to have sufficient language knowledge and skills in these region. If you have permanent job teaching in university in Turkey, the wages is quite good and you can apply for Turkish blue passport that allows visa free travel to European and Schengen countries. The normal passport is Red which requires visa to some European and Schengen countries but permanent academics do have access to get blue passport which is visa free to those mentioned earlier. To be employed as permanent Academics, you must in most cases have earned PhD in any field...

Residency Permit types:, there are various permit and note that residence permit does not allow working rights, you must obtain work permit to be considered legal and suitable to work. The work permit application are mostly submitted by the employer on behalf of the employee and you will undergo some medical test and present some credentials. To live legally in Turkey, you have to apply for either short-term residence (up to 1yr), student, family or Long-term residence permit. Each has its own requirements that needs to be met.

In your own case, you may apply for short-term residence permit and must be able to show financial means for the duration you want to apply for, proof of accommodation and be able to convince or show reason why you want to obtain the residence permit. If you decide to enroll into a university or study center, those will provide you student letter and makes the application easier. These applications can be done manually or via online system.

Racism yeah it happens all places and common in countries that their official language is different from yours and in most culture-enshrined and superstitious countries and environments. Racism comes in different forms and scale, you may have to live with it, understand it, proffer solution to it or let go. For instance, lots of Nigerian are racist as some Fulani will kill Igbo cos of cow, some Igbo will not want their daughter or son marry Yoruba cos of Amala and even some Yoruba wont allow marriage of a guy from Kwara to Ijebu due to witch-hunting and some Middle belt people wont eat your food cos you are Muslim while some Igbos wont hug you cos you are not Catholic christian. These may sound like tribal/ethnic stuffs but they are form of racism. So, in Turkey some will hate you cos of your skin, some cos your brother already duped one person or because you speak English and they cant understand. It happens in England, Russia and America as well....so learn to deal with it since it happens in South Africa and Nigeria also.

Hustling (as you termed it) in Turkey, may be difficult if you dont have money for business, rents, legal residence, basic communication skills etc. Cos since wages are low, you may only earn little that can take care of your daily needs. Other things people do their are fraud, drugs and scams; these ones are quick to send you to jail and enhance your death.

Note: Exchange rate of 72 N to TL was taken as conversion rate at the moment of this publication and what is written is my personal opinion culminated from personal experience, knowledge and independent research!

Seriously this guy has just provided a comprehensive information just for any users to decide

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by onatisi(m): 11:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
basit322:

Seriously this guy has just provided a comprehensive information just for any users to decide
the op will still come and ask questions and say he wants to know the true situation in turkey. Just wait and see grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Nobody: 2:50am On Dec 05, 2015
onatisi:
the op will still come and ask questions and say he wants to know the true situation in turkey. Just wait and see grin
lol...
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by euroboy95: 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2015
Thanks bro you really explicited how things are done and works over there.but bro if someone wants to do business over their,what kind of business would you recommend and the capital to start such business,and what kind of study centre do you recommend that will be easy for me to fix my papers.bro can you secure a good job their with nigerian bsc.how much is the cost of good shirt and polo with jeans and shoe over their.thanks so much
wip7:

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by onatisi(m): 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2015
@fados4sure,
Did I not tell you the op will still come and ask the same questions again grin

euroboy95:
Thanks bro you really explicited how things are done and works over there.but bro if someone wants to do business over their,what kind of business would you recommend and the capital to start such business,and what kind of study centre do you recommend that will be easy for me to fix my papers.bro can you secure a good job their with nigerian bsc.how much is the cost of good shirt and polo with jeans and shoe over their.thanks so much
fados4sure:

lol...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by worry359(m): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2015
grin I think he wants his mommy to go and hold his hand and wipe his b-ottom! grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 05, 2015
onatisi:
@fados4sure,
Did I not tell you the op will still come and ask the same questions again grin

Seriously, i knew. Because he posted same topic in someone's thread 3 weeks ago & i answered him cos, i have visited Istanbul a couple of times & he went ahead & open another thread. That was when i knew something was wrong somewhere

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 06, 2015
euroboy95:
And you still want to go there? He that has ear, should hear.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by wip7: 2:49pm On Dec 06, 2015
SimonPeters2020:
And you still want to go there? He that has ear, should hear.

He can go to Turkey anytime he wants for tourism, studies or business legally. My main concern is going there Illegally will put him into various risks and when he cant survive he may turn into usable elements (Like scams, frauds, drug pusher or extremist). Turkey is a great country and provides good educational support for academics and business-oriented persons. I know Turkey quite well not just as traveler but as person with ties in Turkey.

euroboy95:

Op,
My advise for you is that either you go to Turkey to further your education or for legal business or Tourism. A frequent business visit to Turkey will open your eyes to many opportunities and that can give you chances to residency. For business, try to know what sorts of business you want to do and how much will be enough for you to do that before you embark in your journey. As far as my brain can tell, you can only start meaningful biz with around 5000USD upward.

Best wishes!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by euroboy95: 7:37am On Dec 07, 2015
fados4sure:

Seriously, i knew. Because he posted same topic in someone's thread 3 weeks ago & i answered him cos, i have visited Istanbul a couple of times & he went ahead & open another thread. That was when i knew something was wrong somewhere
@ onatisi and fados4sure,wetin I do you guys.instead droping info about turkey for intended travelers to know the steps to take and acheive success and your hear looking for who to make mockery of.you guys should grow up.@ wip7 and toyinscoo7 I'm so much grateful for you contribution so far and still have some little questions I will ask you guys letter thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 07, 2015
euroboy95:
@ onatisi and fados4sure,wetin I do you guys.instead droping info about turkey for intended travelers to know the steps to take and acheive success and your hear looking for who to make mockery of.you guys should grow up.@ wip7 and toyinscoo7 I'm so much grateful for you contribution so far and still have some little questions I will ask you guys letter thanks so much.
lol ...Another question again?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by zeebukz: 7:53am On Dec 10, 2015
It is better you save ursef the stress and stay in Nigeria, in turkey it is hard to hustle u can go there buy things and come and sell in Nigeria most pple get there and start doing agent helping market woman to carry load best thing go there first to see if u can survive or not
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 10, 2015
zeebukz:
It is better you save ursef the stress and stay in Nigeria, in turkey it is hard to hustle u can go there buy things and come and sell in Nigeria most pple get there and start doing agent helping market woman to carry load best thing go there first to see if u can survive or not
That's not true. There are a lot of construction jobs in Turkey for unkilled/part-time. My problem is that those construction work pays 50TL/day which is 50*69(curent exchange rate) = #3450. Where as in Nigeria, you may also get construction job with similar payment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by euroboy95: 8:32am On Dec 11, 2015
fados4sure:

That's not true. There are a lot of construction jobs in Turkey for unkilled/part-time. My problem is that those construction work pays 50TL/day which is 50*69(curent exchange rate) = #3450. Where as in Nigeria, you may also get construction job with similar payment.
@ fados4sure and zeebsky have you guys gone to turkey or live their before please I need more info on turkey,what can some one do to survive their as an immigrant,and what kind of low grade job with paypackage can some one do their thanks,fados4sure seems you know much about turkey please help a brother out now thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 11, 2015
euroboy95:
@ fados4sure and zeebsky have you guys gone to turkey or live their before please I need more info on turkey,what can some one do to survive their as an immigrant,and what kind of low grade job with paypackage can some one do their thanks,fados4sure seems you know much about turkey please help a brother out now thanks.
How many times will i tell you that i have live in Turkey in d past?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos: Conductor vs Passenger Wahala / Auto Crash Claims Four Lives In Ondo / One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.