Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,548 members, 7,958,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:41 PM

BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix (2105 Views)

The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS / Thousands Of Hostages Rescued As Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Fighters In Borno.PICS / Breaking News: At Least 35 Dead In Paris Attacks ; Hostages Taken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by bettercreature(m): 8:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
There is a hostage situation in the northern French town of Roubaix near the Belgian border.

Medical services in the area say several people have gunshot wounds, the Reuters news agency reported.

Early suggestions are that the gunmen fled and took refuge after being stopped at a police road block. Locals said they heard gunfire around 7pm on Tuesday evening.

The local newspaper La Voix du Nord reported automatic gunfire and “several injured”. The area around the flat at avenue Delory has been sealed off.

There are conflicting reports over whether the gunmen are in a flat or in a service station.

“An operation is under way after hostages were taken. Gunshots were fired and the neighbourhood has been cordoned off,” a police source told Reuters. “A bank director and his family may have been taken as hostages.”

It was unclear if the incident was terrorism or a robbery gone wrong.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/24/hostages-taken-in-french-town-of-roubaix-near-belgian-border
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by amtaken(f): 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
OMG!
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by LOC1(m): 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
Fingers crossed
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 24, 2015
*in felas voice * dem regular trade mark
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by resty4(m): 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
Islam terrorisg d world since mohd formed d cult. 4get robbery its islam @ wrk

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by lawkie77(m): 9:23pm On Nov 24, 2015
observing
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by FacelessPatriot: 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
I am something of peace...i start with I and end with M, what am i?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by wordcat(m): 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
ISLAMaBAD,,, that's the capital of Pakistan I think?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by sleeknick: 10:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
I weep for Earth everyday....
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by LegatusGlaber(m): 10:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
These blood sucking demons seems to have upped their game of late. Or is it the improved security that is flushing them out.
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by Segunjosegs(m): 11:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
signs of end time. France is one of the European countries that has wholeheartedly embraced Islam yet they are the most attacked #radical-islamism-is-a-monster

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by londoner: 12:23am On Nov 25, 2015
Segunjosegs:
signs of end time. France is one of the European countries that has wholeheartedly embraced Islam yet they are the most attacked #radical-islamism-is-a-monster

When did France embrace Islam?

It's just that many former French colonies are Islamic so they tend to travel to France when they flee their homeland.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by Ups01(m): 1:36am On Nov 25, 2015
this is crazy
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by UncleLondon: 4:08am On Nov 25, 2015
Don't attribute every act of violence to Islam. Nothing in the report mentioned terroists. It could just be some sickos trying to be popular.
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by Lighthouseman: 5:38am On Nov 25, 2015
This is what France gets for allowing the Mohammedans

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by Lordave: 5:43am On Nov 25, 2015
ISIS again?

Some people on Nairaland will still blame America.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by Lordave: 5:47am On Nov 25, 2015
Now that terrorism is becoming a norm in France , hope someone won't tell me to Pray or burn a candle for France.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by chris4gold(m): 5:55am On Nov 25, 2015
isokay
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by JudgeWilson(m): 6:18am On Nov 25, 2015
The world is coming to an end in a hurry. Brothers and sisters, Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by princemillla(m): 6:24am On Nov 25, 2015
Sometime I wonder if most people who blame all this Muslim country think deep befor making those gory comments.

You wake up see attack, you blame Islam. have you a ever take your time to find to the root of the matter, that Christian nation are behind funding whatever Muslim nations are doing or as a result of their actions?

Only those who understand the Genesis of what is happening around those affected areas would comprehend my point.

Befor 2003 the world was at peace especially with Iraq and Iran but some greedy nation escalated what you are seeing today. Of cuz this shit didn't just start today, it's been over decades.

Blame Islam at your own peril.
BTW am a Christian

Don't quote me if you have LITTLE or NO knowledge of the Genesis.
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 25, 2015
amtaken:
OMG!

Oh oh Oh my gawd
Oh. Oh oh my gawd
Is it real
Oh oh oh my gawd
Oh oh oh my gawd

Tan Dan Dan tah Dan tah DAN
Tah daan daah taan DAAN!

Pinh Pinh Pinh PIIINH

Excuse me Dougie fresh
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 25, 2015
princemillla:
Sometime I wonder if most people who blame all this Muslim country think deep befor making those gory comments.

You wake up see attack, you blame Islam. have you a ever take your time to find to the root of the matter, that Christian nation are behind funding whatever Muslim nations are doing or as a result of their actions?

Only those who understand the Genesis of what is happening around those affected areas would comprehend my point.

Befor 2003 the world was at peace especially with Iraq and Iran but some greedy nation escalated what you are seeing today. Of cuz this shit didn't just start today, it's been over decades.

BTW am a Christian

Don't quote me if you have little knowledge of the Genesis.

I don't blame islam.

I blame the fools who follow blindly the criminal and evil ways of a lice ridden 7th century armed robber, serial rapist, corpse fcker, hedonistic pedophile.

BTW, I am muslim

Ode
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by gunuvi(m): 6:38am On Nov 25, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

I don't blame islam.

I blame the fools who follow blindly the criminal and evil ways of a lice ridden 7th century armed robber, serial rapist, corpse fcker, hedonistic pedophile.

BTW, I am muslim

Ode
This uppercut too much na. Choi!!!!

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 25, 2015
What you harbour you will savour!
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by DikSin(m): 7:31am On Nov 25, 2015
Correct your heading: say France or French City Bla_bla_bla.
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by mytime24(f): 8:00am On Nov 25, 2015
EndtimE is doin press-Up

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by trapQ: 8:11am On Nov 25, 2015
ban islam
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by eby35(m): 8:24am On Nov 25, 2015
princemillla:

BTW am a Christian

Don't quote me if you have LITTLE or NO knowledge of the Genesis.
I will advice you to go back to your drawing board and carry out a thorough research before you pour out your poo cos the first planned attack by group of osama bin laden, Husein abdul and co. was in 1992 though failed but can recall the cos. *abeg for security reasons, i don't like commenting on this type of *********? Tanx
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 25, 2015
grin

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari's Travels Costs / Eziuche Ubani & Co Allegedly Bought Guns For Abia Appeal Court Protest / N6b New VP Residence Is A Waste- Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.