Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC (30895 Views)

Wike Sacks Ndubuisi Nwankwo For Defecting To APC / Akala Meets With Tinubu & Wife After Defecting To APC (Photo) / Federal High Court Sacks LG Chairmen In Rivers State - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2015
Bonapart:
Longest time
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by NaLaugh: 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2015
I love Nigerian politics. Constant mass exodus for greener pasture.

No principles. Just greener pasture.
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2015
Mogidi:

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/wada-sacks-15-council-chairmen-for-defecting-to-apc/
Take it or leave it,he learnt it from APC and its called Judicial Hunting

1 Like

Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
The affected decampees should rejoice because Wada is a goner. He already lost his re-election.
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by braine(m): 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Opinedecandid(m): 10:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
Good.

No particular party or political office holder possesses the monopoly of impunity, victimisation or craze.

APC does not;
Buhari does not;
Tinubu does not.
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
CelebrityStar:
HAHA grin
welcome to nairalander, am one of the bosses here, so u can ping me on whatsapp or bbm, can u give me ur whatsapp contact?
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Btruth: 10:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
End time country

End time president

End time governor

End time LG chairmen

End time apc

End time kogites

..........and End time poster.
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by bejeria101(m): 10:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
Thats what u get when u think say u smart pass devil,hehehe
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Praisemuyi(m): 10:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
AwAda Wada po jojo
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by noeloge82(m): 10:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
Politicians are like prostitutes they change party like they change male customers
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Acidosis(m): 10:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
Nice one from Wada!
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by marlockj: 11:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
elixirnigeria:
Governor Idris Wada of Kogi on Tuesday removed 15 chairmen of local governments from office for defecting to the rival All Progressives Congress (APC).

This is contained in a statement issued in Lokoja and signed by the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Local Governments and Chieftaincy Affairs, Mr James Adedoyin in Lokoja.

The statement cited section 20 sub section (1) and section 36 sub section 1 (d) of Kogi State Local Government Law 2000 as amended to back the action.
It explained that the sacked chairmen can no longer remain in office having decamped from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that sponsored them.

Some of the affected council chairmen include that of Lokoja, Ogori-Magongo, Idah, Adavi, Ankpa, Okehi, Bassa, Yagba East, Yagba West and Okene among others.

They defected to the APC during the grand finale of its governorship campaign held in Lokoja on Nov. 18.
The statement warned the sacked council chairmen to stay away from offices, directing the vice chairmen or the council leaders to take over the affairs of the affected councils as may be appropriate.

The governor said the handing and taking over should be completed by Wednesday Nov. 25, the statement said.

One of the grounds for their defection was the refusal of Wada to implement a decision of the Court of Appeal in Abuja on Oct 29 that nullified the removal of the elected chairmen from office.

They were removed from office based on the order of a Kogi State High Court sitting in Koton Karfe which ruled that the election of May 4, 2013 which brought them into office was faulty.

Relying on the judgment, Kogi State Government asked the chairmen and councillors to vacate office but the affected officials approached the Appeal Court which set aside the ruling and declared that they resume immediately.

Kogi state government refused to give effect to the ruling until Nov. 23.

https://www.today.ng/news/national/42917/kogi-gov-wada-removes-15-lg-chairmen-for-defecting-to-apc?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

I see no difference btw PDP AND APC

I xpectd APC to be better, learning from pdp mistakes,yet they are still the same.

The same prblms we faced in old administration, same in present

Fuel scarcity in Jonathan regime, same in buhari

Bomb blast in jona same in buhari regime

Naria value poor,worst in buhari

Propaganda in jona regime same in buhari

Efcc arresting and jailing no one,same in buhari

Fulani herdsmen killing same during buhari

Police collecting 50naria on the road same in buhari

Chibox girls yet to be found same in buhari,infact the campaign is dead.

Light was not steady during jona,buhari regime not still steady.

Pls if you guys hv seen anything that I have not seen,you can quote me.

This is not propaganda. Jst tell me difference that has benefited you or us.BTW this regime
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by maasoap(m): 11:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
AfroKnight:
From a lonely ACN Governor to the most powerful political godfather in Nigeria.

Tinubu is a phenomenon.
You made a valid observation. The key words are determination and patience.
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by wiseoneking: 11:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
damton:
It's too late.

The people have made their verdict
We are never God, anything can happen. where is Audu now?. Wait a little while, GODWIN.
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by mike404(m): 11:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
ITS A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by efilefun(m): 11:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Well anything can happen. Idris Wada might win using crooked means but the only thing constant in this life is change
Lol no amount of rigging will help Apc is leading with 41000+ votes and the total number of registered voters on the affected area is 49000 one thing is for sure the whole 49k won't be voting and PDP can't have all the whole votes, those LG chairmen did their mathematics already and chose the easiest path to remain in politics lol

1 Like

Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Fearcom(m): 12:27am On Nov 25, 2015
End tyme de-camping grin
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by baby124: 12:46am On Nov 25, 2015
Very good. Now they can be ordinaryAPC members
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by eltemur1: 1:08am On Nov 25, 2015
Bekwarra:
Good

Meanwhile Buhari is still junketing around. No light, no fuel, dry season is here, the heat inside the homes is becoming unbearable. Hardship everywhere, no jobs, no salary. Chai!

In this fuel scarcity ordeal, government has not issued any statement at all. Buhari doesn't even seem concerned. A useless and proud man who sees himself as a slave amd every other person as a corrupt thief. The thunder that will strike Buhari and my state governor rAWOOF Aregbese is still taking final instructions from Diego Costa.

While at that Minister Fashola pls help me give PMB the same advice that you gave GEJ earlier this year that since the price of crude oil has gone down at the international market, we should be buying fuel at cheaper prices here.

Well children of hate can quote me, I won't dignify your pathetic lives with a response. We are all suffering from the mistake of March 28, 2015.
what is this one saying...?
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by slimgold123(f): 3:33am On Nov 25, 2015
WADA
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Sodijan(m): 5:04am On Nov 25, 2015
Lobatan
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Bonapart(m): 5:19am On Nov 25, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Longest time
where you've been meeehn
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by free2ryhme: 5:22am On Nov 25, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
End time country

End time president

End time governor

End time LG chairmen

End time apc

End time kogites

End time Post
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by free2ryhme: 5:23am On Nov 25, 2015
LordMecuzy:
Drowning.....................

**** Throwing suicidal man a life jacket****
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by nobeku: 5:28am On Nov 25, 2015
Bekwarra:
Good

Meanwhile Buhari is still junketing around. No light, no fuel, dry season is here, the heat inside the homes is becoming unbearable. Hardship everywhere, no jobs, no salary. Chai!

In this fuel scarcity ordeal, government has not issued any statement at all. Buhari doesn't even seem concerned. A useless and proud man who sees himself as a slave amd every other person as a corrupt thief. The thunder that will strike Buhari and my state governor rAWOOF Aregbese is still taking final instructions from Diego Costa.

While at that Minister Fashola pls help me give PMB the same advice that you gave GEJ earlier this year that since the price of crude oil has gone down at the international market, we should be buying fuel at cheaper prices here.

Well children of hate can quote me, I won't dignify your pathetic lives with a response. We are all suffering from the mistake of March 28, 2015.
YOU AN IGNORAMUS OF THE ORDER OF AN ORANGUTAN(Pongo abelii of Sumatra)... IT'S THE LORD'S DOING AND IT IS MARVELOUS IN OUR SIGHT..
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Clonus: 6:35am On Nov 25, 2015
donogaga:
I did not sack 15 council chairmen for defecting to APC – Gov Wada

“The LGA were removed by a Kotun-karfe court about 11 months ago. The party went to the court of appeal & court order they be returned.”

“I only reinstated the LGA Chairmen as directed by the Appeal Court.

Lol. Politicians should try as much as possible to avoid telling lies and excuses.
Why is he just obeying a court order given weeks ago.
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Hakeem3(m): 6:38am On Nov 25, 2015
adadadon:
Wada is actually right
U are as WRONG as Wada
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Omooteyi: 6:39am On Nov 25, 2015
Good for the useless political prostitutes. PDP is even slow wallahi this is not the PDP we use to know. Habba!!
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by MyMouth(m): 7:01am On Nov 25, 2015
efilefun:
Lol no amount of rigging will help Apc is leading with 41000+ votes and the total number of registered voters on the affected area is 49000 one thing is for sure the whole 49k won't be voting and PDP can't have all the whole votes, those LG chairmen did their mathematics already and chose the easiest path to remain in politics lol
Guy, only 25000 of those 49000 have PVCs! So even if the whole 25000 vote for PDP(very impossible), APC would still win!
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 25, 2015
WAHALA DEY O!
If this rape on democracy going on in Kogi and orchestrated by INEC and the Attorney General of the Federation is allowed to stand, and the citizens accept it, then we have really entered a dark era.
If you don't speak out now, don't complain when it reaches your doorstep.
What section of the Constitution did INEC and the AGF rely on to arrive at the conclusion that APC can present a fresh candidate for the re-run elections and credit that candidate with Audu 's votes?
If una like, make una keep silent. Me I don talk my own. My conscience don free.
Re: Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 25, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
End time country
End time president
End time governor
End time LG chairmen
End time apc
End time kogites
End time stupidity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola / Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo / Governor Rotimi Amaechi's 50th Birthday Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.