Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,970 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion (20240 Views)

Kogi Tribunal Dismisses Faleke’s Petition Against Yahaya Bello’s Election / INEC Knew Of Audu’s Death Before Announcing Results / Olufemi Olu-kayode Confirms Audu's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by wytecat: 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2015
This write-up needs to be sent to Apc and the Okun people, they must not waiver, this is the fight of a lifetime for their survival, and the law is on their side.

2 Likes

Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by ShowYourCertificate: 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:
The most sensible thing for APC is to present Faleke as the candidate to complete the remaining election and he becomes the next governor of Kogi state.

Nurse Methusela and PDP need to take this to their baby lawyers. Their expectation or clamoring for cancellation is absurd and an attempt to steal what belongs to another.
PDP isn't clamoring for cancellation. They are simply clamouring that the electoral act and the constitution shouldn't be violated.
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by banio: 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
The law is an ass. This is another lacuna in our constitution that must be settled by the supreme Court judges.
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by wengerjay(m): 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
This is becoming ethino-religious crisis.
A section of the state is laying claim to the governance of Kogi state.
Any attempt to kill the aspirations of other parts of the state may boomerang.
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by gretblue: 12:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
In summary, he is saying APC shouldn't conduct any fresh primaries, INEC shouldn't cancel the polls and that Faleke should replace Audu in the supplementary poll. That's also my take. That's the reasonable thing to do.
I also wish so but the law does not permit someone to contest for 2 different positions in a similar election.
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by sage2(m): 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
Long thing
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by bigmo1(m): 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
My summary of the kogi debacle is as follows
1. The igala majority have this born to rule mentality and no minority can ever rule kogi
2. Prince Audu the Igala candidate died several hours before collation was completed but it was obvious he was going to win the election with a narrow margin.
3. If the election was completed and results announced that sunday, James Faleke a minority will become Gov of Kogi which is against the "born to rule" mentality of the igalas
4. The igalas in connivance with INEC decided to cancel some 45000 votes and ordered a supplementary election. When only 25000 out of that lot have PVC which is not significant enough to alter the direction in which the electoral victory is going. Thus leading to the constitutional vacuum we are all talking about.
5. The APC leadership acting out the full script of the Igalas have also annouced a fresh primaries to chose late Prince Audu's replacement when faleke a minority could have carried on with the ticket or Yahaya Bello another minority who was the first runner up during the APC gubernatorial primaries.
6. this rescheduled primaries would be designed to ensure that an igala man will win, thus replacing late Prince Audu.
7. This illegality orchestrated by the igalas and cordoned by the APC leadership will definetly cause problems for the APC at the tribunal.

1 Like

Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by ShowYourCertificate: 12:32pm On Nov 25, 2015
gretblue:

I also wish so but the law does not permit someone to contest for 2 different positions in a similar election.
Who's contesting for two different positions? Audu and Feleke had the party's joint ticket. It's a joint ticket and that ticket, which had amassed 90% of the votes, is still valid. So I wonder who is it you are referring to.

2 Likes

Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by demarc001: 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2015
metorichmond:
Marketing job no easy, been moving up n dwn since morning looking 4 sales for the company. I need to meet target to make incentive which is 50percnt higher than my salary. God help me.
You don sell finish dats why you get time to talk story hia na. Spend your time on nairaland yet you fail to use the avenue to do the marketing
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by demarc001: 12:35pm On Nov 25, 2015
metorichmond:
Marketing job no easy, been moving up n dwn since morning looking 4 sales for the company. I need to meet target to make incentive which is 50percnt higher than my salary. God help me.
You don sell finish dats why you get time to talk story hia na. Spend your time on nairaland yet you fail to use the avenue to do the marketing. Advertise instead of complain

1 Like

Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
okay.
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by blackpriest0911: 12:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
Foolish saTANoids, he transferred his location from Lagos to Kogi which is supported by the electoral act,so the Deputy Gov aspirant was eligible to vote in Kogi

1 Like

Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by wytecat: 12:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
They both were on a joint ticket, voted for, and as the running mate and survival, he will keep on with the baton.
dammytosh:
Faleke was not voted, he was selected.

He is only a recognized entity after swearing in by virtue of the provisions of the constitution of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by PassingShot(m): 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
PDP isn't clamoring for cancellation. They are simply clamouring that the electoral act and the constitution shouldn't be violated.
But they call for AGF and INEC chairman to resign!

Pls tell me what specific development PDP was against then?

Waiting........
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by Consultville(m): 12:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
I think the legal practitioners need be more competent in their doing? The AGF should have the final say as he should know all the angles to a section of the law.

Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by jamace(m): 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
anonimi:

He cannot and he won't no matter what the TRIBALISTIC Yorubas say.
[b]He may even be disqualified and arraigned for electoral CRIMES seeing as he is not registered in Kogi as a voter,[/b] to start with but rather a representative in Abuja from Lagos.
What a very CORRUPT bunch of agberos and almajiris that we have in APC led by the PRETENDING crooked duo of Pooohari and JagbaJantis of Bourdillon!
APShit wuruwuru is about to catch up with it. grin

They did similar with this guy below:

Wow! shocked
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by baby124: 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
Looks like the AGF does not know what he is doing if he advised APC to conduct fresh elections. Faleke should not let anyone steal his mandate under any circumstance. Before deciding to conduct fresh elections they should have gone to the Supreme Court for interpretation. If you don't want to have a non Igala as possibly governor, then present Igala-Igala candidacy which will never work. Both candidates come as a package in an election. If you don't like it don't vote.
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by metorichmond(m): 12:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
Oga na ur hand I use type ni Or na u get nairaland? Na wao. #make I continue my marketing abeg# (quote author=demarc001 post=40388915]
You don sell finish dats why you get time to talk story hia na. Spend your time on nairaland yet you fail to use the avenue to do the marketing. Advertise instead of complain[/quote]
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by aboto77: 1:04pm On Nov 25, 2015
Prince Audu Abubakar's demise will certainly give rise to constitutional and electoral act amendment. Sections 32 35 and 181 are all commingled in section 33 with resplendent exegesis but devoid of requisite panacea as in the case of APC-Audu's death during election. The INEC chairman should exude a flagrant level of shrewdness and sagacity in addressing this electoral quizzical conundrum, by acting in accordance to the provisions of the law, so as to ensconce the legibility and legality of INEC. I must again avouch that tension will metamorphose into expressed aversion, ire, hubbub and all forms of fiendish activities, if the law is amended with shenanigan and skulduggery. Let's make it right as #KOGISTILLDECIDES
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by meforyou1(m): 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
Op, say all you want. The igala people that I know will never let a Christain igala rule kogi talkless of a Christain okun man
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by meforyou1(m): 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2015
aboto77:
Prince Audu Abubakar's demise will certainly give
rise to constitutional and electoral act amendment.
Sections 32 35 and 181 are all commingled in section
33 with resplendent exegesis but devoid of requisite
panacea as in the case of APC-Audu's death during
election.
The INEC chairman should exude a flagrant level of
shrewdness and sagacity in addressing this electoral
quizzical conundrum, by acting in accordance to the
provisions of the law, so as to ensconce the legibility
and legality of INEC.
I must again avouch that tension will metamorphose
into expressed aversion, ire, hubbub and all forms of
fiendish activities, if the law is amended with
shenanigan and skulduggery. Let's make it right as
#KOGISTILLDECIDES
INEC has already decided.
1.APC should substitute the governorship candidate
2. Supplementary election to hold on Dec 5. QED
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
cccxxiii:
Lawyers and Scholars in the house,

What is Malafideism ?
The author used that word in the writeup? Is it a legal term?
Its new to me and I can't seem find the meaning even through google.

Back to the write-up, I concur with the arguments peddled by the lawyer. The law cannot definitely be a source of confusion, only human beings would confuse each other. Ofcourse, this is Nigeria where every single item is twisted, severed and politicized all for selfish purposes.
The author asks God to forbid a constitution that envisages all situations. Well, I believe the law must be explicitly clear and not leave anything to conjecture of humans. Left to some human beings, a lawless society is paradise.

Whatever happens at the end of the day will constitute a landmark of jurisprudential relevance in the matters concerning electoral cases in Nigeria. It infact opens up a fresh aspect in the legal world which will be of interest to scholars and researchers.
from my merriam dictionary, malafide simply means to act with or in bad faith. Juxtapose it with the write-up. This is exactly my point of argument with a friend today, the worst mistake by both INEC and APC is to conduct a fresh primary or nullify the inconclusive election. My question remains, would INEC have declared a new election if the death was from a candidate from a party without a better support and voter confidence? Is the vote for the APC accrued to only Audu? If the vote is for the APC? What measures can be adopted to separate the votes of Faleke from that of Audu? INEC and APC can only complicate issues if they fail to declare Faleke as the rightful candidate after Audu's death.

1 Like

Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by baby124: 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
franciskaine:
from my merriam dictionary, malafide simply means to act with or bad faith. Juxtapose it with the write-up.
But why do people like to use big words? Writing such an article should be in lay man's terms.
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by akinnux(m): 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
Well said my lawyer. Your position is the righteous and just solution to this issue, but our selfish and deceitful politicians will not tow that line. I urge Faleke and Okun people to brace up and fight for the emancipation of their race from the selfish domination of the Igala.
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2015
baby124:

But why do people like to use big words? Writing such an article should be in lay man's terms.
it's even difficult for a learned man to communicate in simple English than with big words. People use gobbledegookical and tongue twisting words not deliberately to confuse you(us) but just because it suits appropriately what they intend to explain.

1 Like

Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by Lawsteller: 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
[/quote] Malafideism Means: "With or in bad faith"
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by realborn(m): 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
cccxxiii:
Lawyers and Scholars in the house,

What is Malafideism ?
The author used that word in the writeup? Is it a legal term?
Its new to me and I can't seem find the meaning even through google.

Back to the write-up, I concur with the arguments peddled by the lawyer. The law cannot definitely be a source of confusion, only human beings would confuse each other. Ofcourse, this is Nigeria where every single item is twisted, severed and politicized all for selfish purposes.
The author asks God to forbid a constitution that envisages all situations. Well, I believe the law must be explicitly clear and not leave anything to conjecture of humans. Left to some human beings, a lawless society is paradise.

Whatever happens at the end of the day will constitute a landmark of jurisprudential relevance in the matters concerning electoral cases in Nigeria. It infact opens up a fresh aspect in the legal world which will be of interest to scholars and researchers.

Malafideism, Coined from the legal word "mala fide" meaning "in bad faith".
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
dammytosh:
Faleke was not voted, he was selected.

He is only a recognized entity after swearing in by virtue of the provisions of the constitution of Nigeria
can you please separate the votes accrued to faleke from the total votes gotten by the APC? If you cannot, then Faleke is the rightful candidate by law. Not even a governor can remove a deputy based on the fact that the votes belong to both of them.

1 Like

Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by Lawsteller: 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
franciskaine:
it's even difficult for a learned man to communicate in simple English than with big words. People use gobbledegookical and tongue twisting words not deliberately to confuse you(us) but just because it suits appropriately what they intend to explain.
Ha ha! Gobble...what! More injury!
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by Lawsteller: 1:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
This should the position of AGF and not calling for fresh pimaries which time has elapsed. Kudos to you learned lawyer for not being partisan in this piece! You hit the nail on the head!
Re: Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion by Lawsteller: 2:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
This should be the position of AGF and not calling for fresh pimaries which time has elapsed. Kudos to you learned lawyer for not being partisan in this piece! You hit the nail on the head!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. / Navy Arrests Avengers’ Logistics Supplier / 2023: How Peter Obi Can Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.